Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS
Profile for drebbles > Reviews

Browse

drebbles' Profile

Customer Reviews: 1232

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

drebbles RSS Feed (Arlington, MA USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
[Upgraded Version] ELECLOVER Solar Crank AM/FM/NOAA Weather Radio with LED Flashlight, Cell Phone Portable Charger, Red
Offered by ELECLOVER Direct
Price: $21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I need!, February 11, 2016
This Solar Crank Radio not only picks up AM and FM radio stations but NOAAA weather. Besides the radio, it also has a flashlight, and a USB jack so you can use it to charge devices like your cellphone. You can charge by connecting it to your computer, by exposing the solar panel to sunlight, or using the hand crank.

I love this radio! Living in New England, I can experience some harsh winters including blizzards. The first thing I do when there is a blizzard warning is gather up items like radios and flashlights and make sure my cell phone is charged. With this radio I have everything I need in one item! The radio works well - both the AM and FM stations come in loud and clear ( there is an antenna if you need it). The weather station also comes in clearly - I am oddly fascinated by it and could listen to it for hours even when there isn't a storm coming. I love having a flashlight attached to the radio - it is nice and bright and perfect to use if the power goes out. The device also does a good job of charging my phone - a great feature since my phone is old and the battery tends to run down quickly. The radio itself stays charged for a long time and is easy to recharge when the time comes.

This Solar Crank Radio is small but has a lot of great features that work well - I love it!

I received this product for free in exchange for a review.

RUIMIO 15 pcs Nail Art Brushes, 12 Colors Nail Art Stickers, 30 colors Nail Tape and 3D Nail Art Manicure Wheel with Gold and Silver Metal Studs
Offered by Pixnor Store
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Has everything I need!, February 9, 2016
This Ruimio Nail Art Kit comes with fifteen nail art brushes, rhinestones in twelve different colors, 3-D decorations in many shapes (including circles, squares, hearts, and stars) and thirty rolls of striping tape in many different colors.

After being a nail biter for far too many years, I finally grew out my nails and am starting to try nail art. This Nail Art Kit gives me everything I need to get started - in fact I may never have to buy any nail art supplies again! The brushes come in a nice variety of sizes from thin (needle-like) to very wide and are easy to use and clean. I am not the best artist in the world but I am having lots of fun using these brushes! The rhinestones come in many different colors, including pink, green, yellow, and purple. They come in a wheel that you turn so you can release just the rhinestones you want instead of all of them at once. You can do a lot with these rhinestones - I usually just wear one on one nail but you can use your imagination and wear as many as you want. I like the various shapes of the 3-D decorations - they add a nice bit of whimsy to a manicure. These decorations also come in a wheel for easy access. Both the rhinestones and 3-D decorations are very easy to apply - I just add a bit of clear nail polish to the back of the one I want and stick it on my nail. The striping tape is by far my favorite part of this Nail Art Kit. Thirty rolls is more than generous and they come in a wide variety of colors so you are sure to find a roll that will go with whatever color nail polish you are wearing. They are super easy to apply - I do keep mine on a tape dispenser to make it even easier - and each roll has plenty of striping tape. I will be playing with the striping tape, making all kinds of designs, for months!

I really like this Ruimio Nail Art Kit!

I received this product in exchange for a review.

DROK® White LED Security Motion Sensor Night Light, USB Rechargeable Lithium Battery Powered, Smart Wall Nightlight with Magnetic Strip for Bedroom Wardrobe Cupboard Wine Cabinet Closet
Offered by DROK
Price: $15.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this!, February 8, 2016
I like having a variety of motion sensor lights in the house since they not only save on the electric bill but are great to have when you come home and the house is dark - they light up the room so you can find the light switch. I have tried many nightlights and this DROK Nightlight is one of the best I have tried.

There are a lot of things I love about this nightlight starting with (to me) the most important one - you don't need electricity to run or charge it (you charge it on your computer). I love this because this means you have a nightlight even if the electricity goes out. The nightlight has three switches: off, on (which keeps the light continually on), and auto (the motion sensor detects when you are in the room and the light turns on; it turns off when you leave the room). I have mostly been using the motion sensor feature but I have used it on auto several times when I needed some extra light in a dark corner of my kitchen. The light provided by the nightlight is nice and bright and lights up quite a bit of space. The nightlight lasts a long time before it needs recharging and when you do need to recharge it, it is quick and easy to do. While the nightlight comes with screws so you can permanently attach it in areas like underneath the kitchen cabinet, inside a closet, inside a cupboard etc., I simply keep mine sitting on the kitchen counter so I can carry it from room to room as needed.

I really like this DROK Nightlight.

I received this product in exchange for a review.

EVERU Vintage Jewelry Wrap Crystal Flowers Pierced Ear Cuff Stud Earrings for Women
Offered by everu
Price: $52.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it but..., February 4, 2016
These are a pretty pair of earrings with a cute design - three large star-shaped crystal flowers followed by four smaller star-shaped crystal flowers. While they would never be mistaken for real diamonds, the crystals are nice and bright and shiny. These earrings can be worn with both dressier clothes (a night out for example), to work, or even with jeans and T-shirt - they give any outfit an extra boost. My one issue with these earrings is a big one, but I am not sure if it is just me or if other people will have the same problem - I can't get them to work as cuff earrings. I love the idea, but I can't get them to stay on my ears like the picture - they end up hanging down within ten minutes. They look fine that way, but it is a disappointment considering they are described as cuff earrings.

A Ghoul's Guide to Love and Murder: A Ghost Hunter Mystery
A Ghoul's Guide to Love and Murder: A Ghost Hunter Mystery
by Victoria Laurie
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.99
55 used & new from $3.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Fitting end to the series, February 3, 2016
Money from their TV shows and upcoming movie has given MJ, Health, and Gilley a comfortable enough income that none of them have to work again if they don't want to. And that is a good thing - not only are the three of them bruised and battered from battling dangerous ghosts, all three of them are making changes in their lives and want to move on. But they are not quite done fighting evil – a dagger holding a very evil demon is stolen from an exhibit promoting their movie. There has already been one death because of this dagger and MJ, Heath, and Gilley are desperate to find the dagger before anyone else dies. They have their work cut out for them – there is more than one demon on the loose as well some pretty evil humans.

“A Ghoul’s Guide to Love and Murder” is the tenth and last book in Victoria Laurie’s Ghost Hunter mystery series. While I am sad to see the series end, Laurie finishes it on an excellent note - pulling out all the stops and making this book a great read. Long-time fans of the series will be delighted and (perhaps scared) at some of the demons that turn up in this book - this book is indeed a celebration of all the books in the series. This book has plenty of thrills (it is a page turner) but also enough humor to take the edge off the scariness (Laurie has a special talent for making something both scary and funny at the same time. I am not sure how she does it but it makes her books a pleasure to read). I really don't want to say too much about the book because I don't want to spoil it for readers, but I do want to say that Laurie does an excellent job of wrapping up the series - this is one of the best last books in a series that I've ever read!

I will miss MJ, Heath, and Gilley, but “A Ghoul’s Guide to Love and Murder” is a fitting end to their adventures.

Off the Books: A Novel Idea Mystery
Off the Books: A Novel Idea Mystery
by Lucy Arlington
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $6.47
32 used & new from $2.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice cozy mystery, February 2, 2016
While Lila Watkins always enjoys her work at the Novel Idea Literary Agency, she is especially thrilled with the agency's latest venture - a wedding themed week celebrating not only authors represented by the agency but local vendors featuring products like wedding gowns, cakes, flowers, and photography. Not only is she representing one of the authors featured at the event, she is hoping to get ideas for her wedding to Detective Shawn Griffiths. However, Lila's excitement quickly turns to shock and dismay when a man is found murdered and several of the authors represented by the agency may be suspects. Lila and the rest of the agents decide to find out who the killer but their sleuthing puts them in real danger.

I love Lucy Arlington’s Novel Idea cozy mystery series and “Off the Books” is no exception. I love Lila and especially the way she grows in this book as she begins to realize that she has been so wrapped up in her work that she has neglected seeing what is going on with her mother and son - this is very realistically done and made me like Lila even more. I also love the glimpses into the world of book writing - for example how many words a cozy mystery should have, what makes a good query letter, and why some authors succeed while others don't – this was very informative. I like Lila's relationship with her coworkers which continues to grow with each book and I love what Lucy Arlington did with Bentley’s character in this book. Finally, I love the reason why the whole agency pitches in to try in solve the mystery - I think one of the hardest parts of plotting out a cozy mystery must be to find ways to give the amateur sleuth a reason to have to investigate the mystery and Arlington pulls it off brilliantly in this book. Speaking of the mystery, it is very well plotted with some red herrings and some nifty twists and turns. There are plenty of suspects - this is the type of cozy mystery that I love as the author gives the reader enough clues to try to figure out who the killer is (alas I did not figure it out but the clues were there). The identity of the killer left me with mixed feelings as to the motive - this would be a perfect book to discuss during a book club meeting.

“Off the Books” is another nicely done cozy mystery by Lucy Arlington.

I received this book for free in exchange for a review.

Home-it nail polish holder Acrylic 5 Step Counter Display Holds up 60 Bottles
Home-it nail polish holder Acrylic 5 Step Counter Display Holds up 60 Bottles

4.0 out of 5 stars Holds a lot of nail polish!, February 1, 2016
While I already have one nail polish organizer, I bought this Nail Polish Storage Organizer because my collection of nail polish (if you pardon the pun) was getting out of hand. For the most part I am very happy with this. I had a bit of a hard time putting it together because one of the holes in the side wasn't big enough for the screw that came with it but I was able (very carefully) to use a screwdriver to make the hole bigger. Once I did that, I easily put it together and I am quite pleased with the end result. The organizer is larger than I expected and holds a lot of nail polish. I have several different bottles of nail polish in it - ranging from full-size to sample size. I was even able to store nail art pens in it (using the top shelf). Even better - this organizer holds so much nail polish I have room to buy more!

I really like this Nail Polish Organizer.

A Girl's Guide to Moving On: A Novel
A Girl's Guide to Moving On: A Novel
by Debbie Macomber
Price: $17.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Nichole thought she had the perfect life - married to Jake, January 29, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Nichole thought she had the perfect life - married to Jake, a job that she loved, volunteer work, and especially her young son Owen. However, that life is shattered when she discovers Jake has been unfaithful and his girlfriend is pregnant. Nichole decides to divorce Jake and build a new life for herself and Owen. Her plans didn't include meeting tow truck driver Rocco but when she does sparks fly between the two of them. Can these two seemingly opposite people find love? In the meantime, encouraged by Nichole's actions, her mother-in-law Leanne, who ignored her husband Sean’s infidelity for years, also decides to get a divorce. She too is building a new life when she meets Nikolai, a baker from Ukraine. Nikolai (and his bread) soon find a way to Leanne’s heart but devastating news challenges her feelings for both Sean and Nikolai.

“A Girl's Guide to Moving On” is a heartwarming and at times heartbreaking novel by Debbie Macomber. While this is listed as a standalone novel, and it can indeed be read as such, it is a sequel of sorts to “Last One Home”, and fans of that book will definitely want to read this to find out what is going on with Cassie, Stephen, and Amiee. Nichole is Cassie’s sister and I love her character - reeling after her husband's infidelity, determined to not be like her mother-in-law and suffer for years, instead she builds a new life for herself. Rocco is definitely rough around the edges but I just love his relationship with Nichole. Readers will cheer for the two of them as they have their ups and downs (and no doubt some readers will hiss Jake a few times!). Leanne’s story is equally compelling as she begins a new life for herself, divorcing after many years of marriage. Her romance with Nikolai is especially well done - I just love his character! Their romance will make you laugh and cry - there are truly some heartbreaking moments in store for Leanne.

Usually when I read books like this, I find I prefer one romance over the other - not so with “A Girl's Guide to Moving On”. I thoroughly enjoyed both romances in the book and was sorry when the book was over.

Dimensions Needlecrafts Paintworks/Pencil by Number, Kitty In Flowers
Dimensions Needlecrafts Paintworks/Pencil by Number, Kitty In Flowers
Price: $5.99
21 used & new from $5.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute!, January 28, 2016
Long before Adult Coloring Books became popular, I was doing Pencil by Number Kits and while I do have some Adult Coloring Books I still like doing Pencil by Number Kits. I wanted to do this Kitty in Flowers Pencil by Number Kit because it reminds me of one of my cats.

I really like this Pencil by Number Kit. Included in the kit is a picture of the finished design, a board with the printed picture for you to color (the picture is divided into spaces with numbers – you color the picture according to each number), and a chart telling you what color to use in each space. There are twelve colored pencils included and the very first thing I did was tape the number of the appropriate color to the pencil (i.e. number one is pink). There is a chart on the package that you can refer to but I find it easier this way. The chart is very easy to follow but I do suggest you fill in the spaces that needed two colors – for example orange and yellow - first because it makes it easier to see which color goes where. The design works up very quickly and is very cute. When you are done, you can either frame the picture or hang it with tape or thumbtacks - I have pinned with pushpins to my cubicle wall.

While I am an adult and really enjoyed this Pencil by Number Kit, I think it would also be fun for children who want to move up from coloring books. It is a cute picture and will give everyone a nice sense of accomplishment when it is finished.

CASOTY Freshwater Cultured Pearl (6.5-7.5mm) Bracelets Beaded Stretch Bracelet for Women Girl (White Bracelet)
Offered by Jewelry Home
Price: $15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute!, January 27, 2016
I am always looking for unique and different bracelets and this freshwater cultured pearl bracelet is just the type of bracelet I am looking for - it is very cute. While the freshwater pearls will probably not be mistaken for “real” pearls they are quite pretty. There are seven pearls woven in between clear white beads - a unique and different look. As for size, I have a small wrist and the bracelet is actually a bit large for my wrist (I can slip it right over my wrist without having to open and close the clasp) but I think would easily fit on most people's wrists. I think this would be a perfect first bracelet for a young girl - although I am far from young and I wear it all the time :-)

This is a cute and unique bracelet.

I received this bracelet for free in exchange for a review.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20