Profile for Andrea Gressinger > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Andrea Gressinger RSS Feed

Skinny the Cat & the Magic of Kindness
Skinny the Cat & the Magic of Kindness
by Donna Rawlins
Price: $16.95
31 used & new from $5.50

5.0 out of 5 stars The Skinny on Skinny the Cat, March 11, 2012
Donna Rawlins' charming tale of her neighborhood cats brought me back to a deep life lesson I had not considered in way too long. Through the lives of her furry friends, Donna shows us not only the love our pets bring to our lives, but the teachers they can be if we take the time to pay attention.

This book is not only about everyday kindness, it's about the kindness that the most difficult give. It's all too easy to dismiss the curmudgeons in our lives. But the constant nags, the "Debbie Downers" and the sort need our kindness all the more.

Through Skinny's persistent, year after year, kindness, he finally wins a heart. And, through Donna Rawlins' lovely book, the author reminded me to open my heart, as well.

The Now Effect (with embedded videos): How a Mindful Moment Can Change the Rest of Your Life
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Practical Guide to Expanding Awarness for a Better Life, March 10, 2012
The Now Effect is a wonderful guide to improving personal awareness in every area of our hectic lives. The book's simple suggestions for getting into the present moment have helped me process others' difficult comments, go back to sleep after waking with work swirling in my head, and be more present with my partner.

Elisha Goldstein's practical advice also connects me to an on-line community, where I can get daily reminders, a weekly newsletter and monthly live call--all of which help are designed to help me keep my life centered. There are also great YouTube videos, where the author guides you through simple meditations. (I read the e-book on my iPad/Kindle App, so all I had to do was touch the screen to follow a meditation......so cool!). Because of the book, I not only know what to do, but I can easily access extra Now Effect resources to expand my practice of awareness.

The Now Effect has really helped me get into the space between my thoughts, teaching me how I can chose my attitudes, let go of judgments, and open my heart all the love and wonder of my life.