Profile for HI Soldier > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

HI Soldier RSS Feed (Tacoma, WA USA)

Anker Astro Mini 3000mAh Ultra-Compact Portable Lipstick-Sized External Battery Charger Power Bank Charger -Pink
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $39.99
14 used & new from $18.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as advertised., May 31, 2014
Bought for my mother for mothers day. She loves the color, and now her phone can last when she is away from a power source.

Acer Aspire V3-571G-9683 15.6-Inch Laptop (Midnight Black)
Acer Aspire V3-571G-9683 15.6-Inch Laptop (Midnight Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than expected, July 20, 2013
I game and create Youtube Game play videos as a hobby. Needed a good laptop under $1000 for a vacation and this filled the bill perfectly. This laptop seems to of been created specifically for gamers on a budget. 6Gb of RAM, one of the better mobile i7 Ivy Bridge CPU's, and the new Nvidia GT 730m as the GPU. I highly recommend that you get the GeForce Experience installed. It is very helpful and much more accurate for setting the video settings of games to the highest they can be with out FPS issues. The screen is fine. Any one that says it is too low resolution obviously does not understand how games are affected by screen resolution. If it was a 1080 screen, the FPS performance would be greatly decreased, or it would need a much better GPU, which would hurt the price point, and this laptop was obviously made down to the price, with only 1 USB 3.0 port, somewhat cheap feeling construction, etc. These things do not affect my enjoyment, as I am far more interested in the internals than the outside. StarCraft II, Borderlands 2, Minecraft with HD texture packs, this laptop can run them all very well, though borderlands was not maxed (I let GeForce Experience handle that). If you are in the market for a gaming laptop under $1000, and you are not super concerned about anything other than the internals and the games, I would highly recommend this laptop. If gaming or content creation is not what you are looking for, I would say to go and look at one of those shiny "Ultrabooks" and it will be much lighter, have a longer battery life, and still run windows and web browsing just fine.

Xbox 360 250GB Holiday Value Bundle
Xbox 360 250GB Holiday Value Bundle
Offered by POLLYWOG
Price: $267.45
86 used & new from $151.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, October 15, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
A Side note: I wont be re-hashing the many many reviews that you can find on the Current Gen Xbox 360 Hardware, as there are plenty of those out there for you to make a decision.

The Annual Holiday bundles are an amazing value. For the same price as the same spec system (amount of memory, Kinect included or not) you get the same system with 2 games. This year, for the 250GB model, they are including a Voucher to Download Skyrim. Important to know and keep in mind if your internet is slow, limited, etc. It also includes Forza 4 Essential Edition. I am not much of a racing game player, so I am not sure if that is what the normal version of the game is called, or if that is a special, some what limited version of the game. You also get the 1 month of Xbox live Gold, 1 wireless controller, and 1 wired headset. It does NOT include an HDMI cable, but instead comes with a set of Composite cables. Some thing to keep in mind, and if you need cables, buy from Amazon AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable (3 Feet/0.9 Meter) - Supports Ethernet, 3D, and Audio Return [Newest Standard], or at least online. Any brick and mortar store will cost far more for a cable.

The takeaway is this, if you are looking to get a Xbox anyway, and are even slightly interested in either or both of these games, there is no reason not to get the bundle.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2013 12:39 PM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted., May 18, 2009
A great case, seems very well made, and fits my Zune 120 perfectly. Also, a feature that I really like is the belt clip. Every other case I have seen(both for the Zune, or other gadgets) forces you to carry the belt clip or at least the knob to attach to the belt clip even if you do not want to use it. However, this case allows you to choose to either have a smooth clean looking case to just slip in the pocket, or, you put the screw back in the hole, and you can attach it to your belt/whatever you attach it to. Over all, very happy that I paid the extra for the higher end case.

Skullcandy TiTan Earbuds (Dark Grey)
Skullcandy TiTan Earbuds (Dark Grey)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, May 18, 2009
To start with, I had purchased a pair of the Shure SE110 ear buds, and was very disappointed, they had no bass, and over all sounded flat, in searching for another set of ear buds, I came upon the Skullcandy TiTan ear buds. Less than half the price, and they had excellent reviews. I decided to give them a try. I will admit, the packaging is rather cheap looking, but it works, and the ear buds are amazing. Very comfortable, I have worn them for more than 2 hours straight, and they still feel great. Great sound, even cranked all the way up, and its balanced, you get the highs and the lows both very clearly. I am not an audio expert, but to me, these are a great set of ear buds.

Shure SE110 Sound Isolating Earphone with Balanced Armature Driver (Black)
Shure SE110 Sound Isolating Earphone with Balanced Armature Driver (Black)
3 used & new from $35.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, March 13, 2009
I had high expectations for the SE110's, however, I am not very happy with the purchase of them. They are very clear, however, they have a very poor bass response, which makes them sound hollow to me.