Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Kat > Reviews

Browse

Kat's Profile

Customer Reviews: 25

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kat "Wilde About Romance" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Eternity (The Immortals Book 1)
Eternity (The Immortals Book 1)
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth the read, May 20, 2015
Does it have a happy ending? Yes.

Do any characters die? Yes, but no one gut-wrenching.

Well, I started reading this on a whim (can't remember why) and of course ended up awake at 5am, unable to go to sleep before I finished it.

Witches are what sold me on it. As an oh-so-charming friend put it, "bitches love witches." Well, I don't know about that stereotype, but it certainly applies to me. But witches aren't enough - I've actually gotten to the point where I can stop reading a book if it's not doing it for me. (I wasn't always able to.)

It opens on a historical and hysterical (the bad kind, not the funny kind) scene - it's 300 years in the past, and the heroine's father has just died of the plague. Even though she and her mother are witches, he could not be saved. It only goes downhill from there. I tell you, this book is a bit of a downer for awhile.

I don't want to spoil it too much, but here's the gist. Raven is a witch - an extra special one. Right in a moment of crisis, she meets Duncan. Cue insta-love. (Soulmates, of course.) Buuut unfortunately circumstances are not ideal, so it takes awhile for them to really get to know each other. And then the s*** hits the fan again.

Fast forward 300 years. Raven's got to win her soul mate back, while avoiding death by the big bad. Oh, throughout this book she has a best friend by her side - another super special witch. Arianna is her name, and she's pretty kick ass.

Happy ending guaranteed, although there is an equine character whose fate is unknown. :'(

Overall, I was a big fan. I thought that the beginning was very developed, with lots of back story, and the end seemed a bit rushed. Not too bad though. And I will definitely be picking up the sequel.

Oh, the hero talks with a Scottish accent. Not quite the same as hearing it, but still fun to read. (Unless you have problems with dialect. If so, this isn't that bad, but it's there.)

Amazon eGift Card
Amazon eGift Card
Price: $100.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I need!, May 19, 2015
Just got a $1 gift card to test the anonymity - came immediately, was completely anonymous.

KONG Naturals Crinkle Fish Catnip Toy, Colors Vary, 2-Pack
KONG Naturals Crinkle Fish Catnip Toy, Colors Vary, 2-Pack
Price: $3.54
34 used & new from $2.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite toys in the house, May 19, 2015
My cat will accept no other toys since she discovered these. And last time I ordered two, I got six! I'm sure it was a mistake, but the kitten face didn't mind in the least.

Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm Tube .15 oz (Pack of 12)
Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm Tube .15 oz (Pack of 12)
Offered by Mmmm GOODS
Price: $35.79
4 used & new from $35.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, May 19, 2015
Each lipbalm came in its own box, just as though you were buying them at the store. I already loved Burt's Bee's.

Anker Astro E3 Ultra Compact 10000mAh Portable Charger (2nd Gerneration, Classic External Battery Power Bank) Slim with PowerIQ Technology Black
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $59.99
2 used & new from $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely recommend!, May 19, 2015
Works great, charges my phone faster than the wall does, and holds enough power for at least two full charges and a little extra. I do wish you could turn the blue lights off, but it's a minor thing. Just flip it upside down.

Uptown Funk
Uptown Funk
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Make a Dragon wanna retire, May 19, 2015
This review is from: Uptown Funk (MP3 Music)
I really just can't stop singing this song.

Hozier
Hozier
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, May 19, 2015
This review is from: Hozier (MP3 Music)
I really liked almost all his songs. Frequently I'll like the one song I heard on the radio (Take Me To Church) and hate the rest, but this was a pleasant surprise. Of course, the theme stays rather dark, and it's not the short of music that will get your blood pumping.

Title (Deluxe)
Title (Deluxe)
Price: $12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Lyrics may make you rage., May 19, 2015
This review is from: Title (Deluxe) (MP3 Music)
Ehhhh....

I mean, I bought this CD knowing a couple of her songs. I love the tempo and music, it's usually very upbeat and catchy.

But the lyrics really just make me want to punch her in the face. She comes across as very self absorbed, sexist, etc. I mean, a couple songs like that - whatever. But every single song? My favorite one is "Dem Sticks" and even then she can't help but slip in some snarky conceit.

Alex: A Rylee Adamson Short Story (A Rylee Adamson Novel)
Alex: A Rylee Adamson Short Story (A Rylee Adamson Novel)
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars :'(, May 19, 2015
Well, it was great to see the origins of Alex, even though it was damn heartbreaking.

Fast paced like all the others, I thought Alex's internal dialogue was very good.

If she doesn't give him a happy ending though, I will be very peeved.

Kitty Holster Cat Harness, Small/Medium, Black
Kitty Holster Cat Harness, Small/Medium, Black
Offered by etailz
Price: $23.89
10 used & new from $19.67

1.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't recommend., May 19, 2015
Waaaay too stiff, my cat wouldn't even move when I put this on her. And I followed their instructions, never got any better. My mom picked up a little cutesy one from Walmart that she'll at least walk around in.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3