Profile for Mary E. Guy > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mary E. Guy "Meg" RSS Feed (Demopolis, AL USA)

Life Is A Business
Life Is A Business

5.0 out of 5 stars Self-help Unsurpassed!, December 19, 2011
I am a self-help shark. Anything that even seems to be in the self-help venue, I read voraciously. I have read many hundreds of books and have enrolled in many, many programs. This one surpasses them all.

I have read the book to get an overview, telling myself I was not going to start anything until I had a good idea of what it entailed. I was in the middle of a self-help program that I thought was the tops. I immediately wanted to stop the other program and start working through the book. But, I had committed to the other program, and told myself I would not quit it. I am finishing on the other one, and can't wait to begin this one.

The nine principles that Charles E. Cox discusses in his book are time-proven principles. He has presented them in an easy-to-understand format, and has a call to action for each one. I don't believe a person can read the book without jumping in and doing what it takes to be a success.

If these nine principles work for big businesses that are highly successful, how can anyone doubt their value. Mr. Cox does an excellent job of relating these business principles to the business of living our life.

I am starting to work through the book in January, and expect to experience success like I never have before. Thanks, Mr. Cox, for an excellent work.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars BIW is the reason I am actively writing now., December 24, 2004
I have always be a procratinator. I would write a bit, then start finding excuses to do it "next month". Well, when I found BIW, I was 'forced' to write at least one week a month. I would (and do) blitz for that week, then it carries over for the rest of the month. By the end of the month, I am starting to lose my momentum. Then, another blitz week with BIW and I am off and running again.

Thanks for the inspiration. It keeps me writing on a regular basis.

Premonition (City of God Series #2)
Premonition (City of God Series #2)
by Randy Ingermanson
74 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars History and human relationships all tied together, December 6, 2003
This is my first exposure to Randy Ingermanso, but you can be assured it will not be my last. He has proven to be a most talented writer as well as an excellent ancient historian in this book, Premonition.
I don't usually enjoy books on time travel and such, and didn't exactly know what to expect from Premonition. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The time travel aspect was not flaunted, and I felt like I had indeed been transported back in time through my reading. I "met" many old Bible friends in the unfolding of the story of Rivka and Ari, time travellers to ancient Jerusalem.
I felt the story was as true to ancient history as we are able to be. THe frequent references to modern conveniences that Rivka wished she had access to did not in any way deter from the ancient setting.
I highly recommend this book. I am very impressed with what Ingermanson has done, in a genre I don't usually even read.