Profile for Trent Williams > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Trent Williams RSS Feed

Real Marriage: The Truth About Sex, Friendship, and Life Together
Real Marriage: The Truth About Sex, Friendship, and Life Together
by Mark Driscoll
Price: $15.48
201 used & new from $0.25

5.0 out of 5 stars A book for single 20 somethings, January 5, 2012
As a single guy who lives in a fraternity at the University of Washington I can easily say sex or "hooking up" is one of the most sought out things during a party night. It has been so easy to have this concept of sex as a purely physical pleasure that is meant for me. What you get out of that is a selfish endeavor to use other girls for your own pleasure. This book is definitely refreshing and shows that sex is much more than just an orgasm. It shows the significance of being a servant lover rather than a selfish lover. For the first time I am finally seeing a deeper purpose for sex than just a physical high. Sex is meant for knowing someone, a truly deep intimacy that can only be achieved with sex. As I start to realize this I start to see why would I never want to have sex with someone I don't know, why I wouldn't give away such a deep intimacy to someone I am not going to spend the rest of my life with, why I wouldn't try to fill this intimacy with a 2D image. I start to see why it would actually be worth waiting to let someone into the deepest part of my soul, because when sex is used in the right context one achieves this intimacy. This is God's intention with sex and it is so much more beautiful than the type of sex that is advertised today. God is a good God who truly knows best. I am excited for other single men to read this book and realize God's true intentions with his gifts of sex, marriage, and friendship.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 27, 2012 1:55 PM PST