Profile for D. Hammett > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Hammett RSS Feed

Whirlpool W10350376 Rack Adjuster
Whirlpool W10350376 Rack Adjuster
Offered by Free_Shipping_LLC
Price: $17.24
23 used & new from $12.00

1.0 out of 5 stars A necessary evil if you made the mistake of buying a Kitchenaid dishwasher, March 5, 2014
This is the second time I have had to replace this part on a dishwasher that is a little older than one year. Do not buy a Kitchenaid or Whirlpool dishwasher. They are expensive, but made of badly designed cheap plastic parts like this.

FiiO E6 Headphone Amplifier with Micca Y Cable
FiiO E6 Headphone Amplifier with Micca Y Cable
Offered by Micca Distributor
Price: $39.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy unless you are willing to ship defective units back to China!, September 4, 2012
I purchased the Fiio E6 from Micca Dist. through Amazon.

The provided patch cord died within a week. No big deal, but it would have been nice to have gotten something worthwhile with the unit.

When my unit died (no reason, no abuse, it just stopped charging), I wrote to Micca Dist, who told me to either mail it back to China or send Micca $13.50 (half the cost of a new unit!) for a replacement.

If you have a problem, you will likely get an email like this one: "This product is covered by a warranty from FiiO. If you would like to obtain manufacturer's warranty service directly from FiiO, please email FiiO at [e-mail address removed].

As an alternative, we can exchange this for you under our extended exchange program. Be sure to enclose a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing and a money order (USPS, MoneyGram, etc) for $13.5 to cover the exchange fee and return shipping and handling of the replacement back to you."

Yes, it actually said [e-mail address removed], so they did not even give me an email address.

Going on the Fiio website, I found that I am free to mail the amp, in the original packaging, to: Address: 2/F, F Building, Hougang Industrial Zone, Shigang Village, Huangshi West Road, Baiyun District,Guangzhou City, China.Postcode: 510430

I am not going to find out what it would cost to mail this dog across the world and will instead chalk it up as a learning experience to not buy cheap, unsupported Chinese junk.

The E6 worked relatively well when it worked, but it is just another disposable piece of plastic garbage and I would have been better off buying a better amp, even if it cost more money.

Before you purchase this amp, ask yourself a question...do I feel lucky?
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 3, 2014 8:27 AM PDT

SanDisk Sansa Fuze+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black)
SanDisk Sansa Fuze+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black)
11 used & new from $45.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT buy a Fuze+, look for an older model., December 15, 2010
Having bought an original Fuze for myself and one for my wife and having convinced two co-workers to buy the original Fuze, you could say I am a fan.

I wanted to buy my father one as a Christmas present and thought it would be nice to pre-load it with old time radio shows (my main use of the original Fuze). I thought that the new Fuze+ would be an improvement, but I was badly mistaken.

First off, the new Fuze+ does not have folders. If you have 1,000 episodes you have to scroll through all of them, as opposed to scrolling through folders that list them by show (i.e., if you have Jack Benny, Fred Allen, and Henry Morgan you do not see folders, but rather all of the individual files).

The start up is cruelly slow now.

The user interface is unwieldy and the buttons are overly sensitive. Yes, it looks more like an Apple product, but it does not work as well as a Sansa Fuze (original).

I expected there to be some issues in figuring out a new machine, but the problem with this one is that once you figure it out it is still inferior to the older model. Perhaps I am missing something and it is a wonderful player, but having read the directions (something I did not need to do on the original Fuze) I still found it awful to use.

Do yourself a favor and either wait until they have provided better software for this dog or buy something else...anything else.

I sent mine back and ordered an original Fuze, which is a brilliant product.
Comment Comments (49) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 30, 2014 9:34 PM PDT