Profile for Edwin J. Will > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Edwin J. Will RSS Feed

Belkin Car Charger with Lightning Connector for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, 5 / 5S / 5c (2.1 Amp / 10 Watt)
Price: $24.21
4 used & new from $13.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work. Error messages. Heats up so much that I can't touch it., February 23, 2014
Zero stars. Bought to use with my iPad in the car because the cord that came with it would not pull a charge from a USB 12v converter that I plugged into my Honda power outlet. Worked for a few weeks. Bought two more. Now they don't work. Error messages about the accessory not being certified. And it doesn't charge. And it heats up so hot that I can't touch it. What is going on? I though Belkin was reputable. Belkin accessories are sold directly from the Apple store! Why is it so difficult to get some juice to my iPad in the car. I have a feeling this is more about Apple than Belkin. I am going to switch to android and give apple some time to work out their charging issues.

Pinzon Hemstitch 400-Thread-Count Egyptian Cotton Sateen Sheet Set, Queen, White
Price: $59.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad. Soft but not crisp., September 30, 2013
These sheets seem to be high quality and are soft and smooth but they lack the crispness that I like. Maybe I ordered the wrong type. If you have any suggestions for crisp cool smooth sheets please let me know.

Timex Men's T5K086 1440 Sport Watch with Black Band
Timex Men's T5K086 1440 Sport Watch with Black Band
Price: $15.96
6 used & new from $14.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Lacks easy countdown timer reset, July 10, 2012
I bought two of these watches for my kids to use in camp to time race starts. They need a countdown timer to count down from three minutes and frequently must reset from a partial countdown back to three minutes. Every digital watch I have owned in my life has this feature and resets to the originally set countdown interval with a press of the reset button. This watch requires a manual reset digit by digit, back to the three minutes as if setting for the first time, every time. Furthermore, there was no way to learn this from the product description on the Timex web site or the Amazon web site. Maybe this feature is not important to many people but it is to me. If you don't need a countdown timer with easy reset this looks like a nice watch, otherwise keep looking.

CamelBak Bottle Accessory 2 Bite Valves/2 Straws
CamelBak Bottle Accessory 2 Bite Valves/2 Straws

1.0 out of 5 stars Check your work Amazon!, May 25, 2012
The photo is of a clear bite valve. The description says "color:clear". The name of the product includes the text "(blue)". Is it clear or blue? When one is purchasing a SEVEN dollar bottle straw and valve with SEVEN dollars of shipping one would like to know exactly what the color is. I can't be seen walking around with a clear valve on my blue bottle! This kind of product description discrepancy is almost enough to get me to drive to an actual bricks and mortar store! Unmitigated horrors! You can do better Amazon or Amazon merchant or whoever you are. Double check your work.

ARRIS / Motorola SURFboard SBG6580 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem and Wi-Fi N Router- Retail Packaging (570763-006-00)
Price: $127.49
91 used & new from $58.84

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk! Stay away!, April 8, 2012
This combination modem / wireless router only works intermittently. It requires frequent resetting (remove power cord and wait and plug it back in). Apparently it needs a firmware update and Motorola and Comcast both point their fingers at the other guy. Hopeless. You can read the details of the struggles people are having here....
[...]
and here on Comcast's own forum web site (you would think they would read their own forums and post solutions)....
[...]
Buy your modem and router as separate units until Comcast and Motorola can get their act together.

Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - Graphite
Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - Graphite
Price: $19.49
111 used & new from $11.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless scroll wheel, March 3, 2011
The scroll wheel is useless. It has terrible feel. There is no resistance or incremental click like all the other tens of scroll wheel mice I have used over the years. More importantly, when I use the scroll wheel the scroll is uneven as if the turning of the wheel isn't registering with the mouse. For example if scrolling a web page it moves a little and then stops and then moves a little. Useless. I already threw out the packaging otherwise I would return this to amazon. I may return it anyway and see what happens.