ARRAY(0xd94e58d0)

Top Reviewer Ranking: 425

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kort "Art, Music, Book & Movie Enthusiast" RSS Feed (Boca Raton, FL, United States)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Nutrience Grain Free Cat Food, 18-Pounds, Turkey, Chicken and Herring
Nutrience Grain Free Cat Food, 18-Pounds, Turkey, Chicken and Herring
Price: $53.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Grain Free Goodness, April 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Personally, my cats can handle some grain in their diet. One of them even scavenges bits of bread and potato chips off the floor. But for owners with special needs cats, this grain-free formula may be a lifesaver. Yes, it is pricey. Triple or more than a same sized "Meow-Mix" or similar general production cat food. I will also admit that my cats didn't take to it right away. One of them actually loves Hill's Ideal Balance Hairball Natural Chicken & Oats Recipe Adult Dry Cat Food even though she is a young cat. The big bonus are that the ingredients are so much better for your pet. Cats just need to adjust from "junk food" to this more quality and healthy product. If nothing else is around, all 3 of my cats will crunch down on it. And as a healthier and denser food, it fills them up more and it thus lasts longer.

Nutrience Grain Free Cat Food, Turkey, Chicken and Herring is good dry cat food. It's cheaper sibling with grain is Nutrience Natural Healthy Adult Cat Food - Turkey, Chicken and Herring. Just don't expect your cats to jump all over it right away. If you can ween them onto it from the common, cheaper name-brand cat foods, then you'll be rewarded with and overall healthier and happier feline in the long run. Kudos to Nutrience for incorporating a velcro closing strip on the bag.

Price: $48.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Dry Kitty Food!, April 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Okay - it is pricey. Triple or more than a same sized "Meow-Mix" or similar general production cat food. I will also admit that my cats didn't take to it right away. One of them actually loves Hill's Ideal Balance Hairball Natural Chicken & Oats Recipe Adult Dry Cat Food even though she is a young cat. The big bonus are that the ingredients are so much better for your pet. Cats just need to adjust from "junk food" to this more quality and healthy product. If nothing else is around, all 3 of my cats will crunch down on it. And as a healthier and denser food, it fills them up more and it thus lasts longer.

Nutrience Natural Healthy Adult Cat Food, 18-Pounds, Turkey, Chicken and Herring is good dry cat food. Just don't expect your cats to jump all over it right away. If you can ween them onto it from the common, cheaper name-brand cat foods, then you'll be rewarded with and overall healthier and happier feline in the long run. Kudos to the velcro closing strip as well.

Almost Snow White
Almost Snow White
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not All Black & White, April 21, 2014
This review is from: Almost Snow White (Kindle Edition)
With a title like Almost Snow White, one might expect a fairy tale. If so, this is certainly a "Grimm" one. Author and director Jeffery Blount's concise story of mixed-heritage, light-skinned mulatto Precious Sprately dealing with the challenges of her troubled home in a very racist town, and her later life away from it posing as a white woman, is very well-written but almost overwhelming at times. He doesn't hold back and it is left to the reader to decide if he has gone too far with his narrative or if he is hitting the nail on the head. I would say that for the majority of the time it is the latter.

While I am drawn to the character of Precious, in the end I somehow didn't respect many of her choices even after all that she had to go through, and the tough decisions she was forced to make. A new life in a new town "posing" as a white woman doesn't let her escape from her past when she fully realizes the extend of prejudices in that era and location's society. I did enjoy reading this book though, and if you have been emotionally and/or intellectually engaged by novels like the Color Purple, Driving Miss Daisy, The Help, and even The Feast of All Saints by Anne Rice, then you may enjoy reading Almost Snow White as well.

This unbiased review was provided when I was offered a complimentary review copy.

Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Face Lotion SPF 30, 1.7 Ounce
Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Face Lotion SPF 30, 1.7 Ounce
Offered by mynanniesattic
Price: $17.15
2 used & new from $16.98

5.0 out of 5 stars The Scent Of Summer & The Beach!, April 17, 2014
The scent of HAWAIIAN Tropic Silk Hydration Face Lotion brings back 30+ year-old memories of youthful days spent on Waikiki Beach with that company's sunscreen slathered all over my body. Coconut, pineapple, and some indefinable scent I just associate with summer.

I've also used HAWAIIAN Tropic Silk Hydration SPF 12 Sunscreen and my whole family enjoyed it, so I was eager to give the Silk Hydration Face a try when I saw it at a local store (for half the current list price I might add, so shop around). I'm not sure what benefit other than aesthetics the ribboning of the lotion provides, but it doesn't hurt it's effectiveness. The pump applicator is a nice touch rather than just having it in a squeeze bottle. This is a facial lotion I would recommend applying if you plan on being outdoors in the sun for an extended period of time. It goes on light, doesn't leave a greasy or shiny residue, and it absorbs quickly with no adverse reaction to its ingredients that we've noted. Silk Hydration Face feels and smells REALLY good -- and that's good enough for me!

Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2014 5:39 PM PDT

Mystery Science Theater 3000: XXIII
Mystery Science Theater 3000: XXIII
DVD ~ Joel Hodgson
Offered by SourceMedia
Price: $24.75
74 used & new from $9.25

4.0 out of 5 stars MST3K Goodness, April 16, 2014
XXIII is a welcome addition to the MST3K video collection. While the movies may not be the "best" that Joel/Mike and the bots have ever ribbed on, there is plenty to like here. And it is fairly affordable as far as these video sets go. The extras are enjoyable and the movies do have there moments. The Castle Of Fu Manchu is a slog, but the gang makes the best of it. Code Name: Diamond Head may be my favorite from this set, but I have a fondness for Hawaii, even when it is so badly portrayed. King Dinosaur is ripe for insult with its abysmal settings and special effects, but who can't feel something for the lovable Joey the Lemur? Last Of The Wild Horses is a completely forgettable B&W western if not for the Star Trek reference and the in-theater ribbing by Forrester and Frank. The extras are good too. I particularly enjoyed "The Incredible Mr. Lippert" about the director/producer of King Dinosaur and other B-movies of that era.

Jarrow Formulas Jarrosil Activated Silicon Supplement, 60 Count
Jarrow Formulas Jarrosil Activated Silicon Supplement, 60 Count
Price: $16.39
6 used & new from $11.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Hits The Nail On The Head, April 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was impressed at the results I noted after taking this activated silicon supplement. I truly wondered if I'd notice anything. Surprise, surprise - I did indeed. My fingernail and toenail health hasn't been optimal lately, but after taking this Jarrow Formulas product for a month, I've noticed that they seem to be stronger in both the nail and cuticle. My skin is more healthy as well and some "clicking/snapping" noises in my joints have mostly subsided. I'm not saying this supplement is a must, but if you have any issues with your joints, nails, bones and/or skin; it is worth looking into.

~ Kort

Jarrow Formulas Pyrroloquinoline Quinone Nutritional Supplements, 20 mg, 30 Count
Price: $21.19
13 used & new from $15.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems Like A Good Thing, April 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Jarrow Formulas' Pyrroloquinoline Quinone is one of those products that sounds good when you research it. In practice, I can't really say I've noticed any difference since I began taking it a month ago. Perhaps it is because I'm not in a physical state where supplementing with it would markedly benefit me. So I really can't justify the cost of continuing to use it, even though it may be "repairing" my mitochondria. My cardiovascular and cognitive functions appear to be the same, so no noticeable change has occurred. Blood pressure hasn't dropped 20 points and my IQ seems to be unchanged.

All kidding aside, if you have issues with heart and cognitive function, you may benefit from taking this supplement. Otherwise, I'd recommend you save your money and just spend it on healthier food.

Jarrow Formulas NattoMax, 100 mg, 30 Count
Jarrow Formulas NattoMax, 100 mg, 30 Count
Price: $10.29
18 used & new from $7.61

4.0 out of 5 stars For Healthier Circulation & More, April 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
While I can't say definitively that NattoMax has helped to lower by blood pressure, it has gone down over the month I've been taking it. It was getting a little high and rather than use prescription drugs, I thought I'd try something a bit more natural. These capsules are easy to swallow and have no detrimental side effects that I've noted. If anything, it makes me feel more mellow overall. Natto is more or less a natural blood thinner is derived from fermented soybeans ...and I've found most Japanese healing remedies to be quite effective. They seem to be working in this instance too and I look forward to seeing if I reap additional benefits over long-term consumption. I would caution against using NattoMax if you are on prescribed blood thinner or blood pressure medications. Check with your doctor first.

Jarrow Formulas Acetyl L-Carnitine 500mg, 120 Count
Jarrow Formulas Acetyl L-Carnitine 500mg, 120 Count
Price: $20.06
22 used & new from $18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good But Not A Night & Day Difference, April 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been taking L-Carnitine supplements for extra energy and overall health on and off for several years now. I do think it works. This is the first time I've taken Acetyl L-Carnitine, and I find it seems to give a bit of extra clarity and focus to my thought processes as well. That and it seems to enhance my mood and overall feeling of well-behing. I have not been hitting the gym recently, but when I did, L-Carnitine seemed to aid in recovery and provide a bit more energy during those workouts.

Is it worth the cost? That is something you have to decide for yourself. I've noticed that I can stay up later and read in bed longer (before eventually nodding off) when taking Acetyl L-Carnitine, with the added "benefit" of having more vivid dreams. I suppose these are all things to consider when adding a supplement like this to your diet.

Jarrow Formulas Mastic Gum, 500 mg, 60 Count
Jarrow Formulas Mastic Gum, 500 mg, 60 Count
Price: $16.01
27 used & new from $13.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Goodbye Rumbly Tummy!, April 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I wasn't sure what to expect when I first started taking Jarrow Formulas Mastic Gum, but was pleasantly surprised that it actually helps to calm and sooth my stomach and gut. I sometimes get a "rumbly tummy" in the wee hours of the morning before breakfast. After taking Mastic Gum, it has quieted significantly. It also seems to help with excess gas and acid reflux. When I eat garlic or tomato sauce in pasta or on pizza, I sometimes get heartburn at bed time. I've had no problems recently. That it can help with liver health and other issues is an added bonus. Consider me a believer!

I don't know if there is a less expensive and equally effective alternative, but I have grown to trust Jarrow products and would recommend trying this one if you experience mild stomach and/or intestinal discomfort. Obviously for more serious issues, consult a physician.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20