Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now DOTD
Profile for Kort > Reviews

Browse

Kort's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1586
Top Reviewer Ranking: 660

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kort "Art, Music, Book & Movie Enthusiast" RSS Feed (Boca Raton, FL, United States)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Emjoi eRase e60 - 60 Tweezer Head Epilator
Emjoi eRase e60 - 60 Tweezer Head Epilator
Offered by ShaveNow
Price: $47.95
2 used & new from $47.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Get's Rid Of That Hair!, February 6, 2016
Based on initial usage, the Emjoi eRase e60 (purple) it a very effective epilator/hair remover/shaver. My wife likes it, but she notes that it takes several passes before it gets all of the hairs. She personally didn't feel any pain while using it, but I had her apply it to my big toe hairs and I definitely felt the tug and sting. The "sensitive attachment" seems a little superfluous. She really likes the razor function. Bear in mind that this is a corded unit, not a rechargeable.

While it isn't cheap, it feels and operates like a quality piece of engineering and hopefully will last.

~ Kort

BIBIM MEN Oriental Style Noodle, Spicy Cold(Mi Kho Dai Han) Multi Package(5 packs)
Offered by Midwest Grocer
Price: $6.99
3 used & new from $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet & Sour, February 5, 2016
Cold ramen. I've had better fresh, but this looks (and tastes) like the best and only choice for a DIY packet. Online ordering is pricey so see if you can find it locally. It isn't overly healthy, and you can re-create this with the ingredients on your own, but for convenience-sake BIBIM MEN wins out.

~ Kort

Muji Japan Mini Instant Ramen Noodles (120g/4 packs) (Soy Sauce)
Muji Japan Mini Instant Ramen Noodles (120g/4 packs) (Soy Sauce)
Offered by dream catcher
Price: $2,198.00
2 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Could Only Be Better If Gold Plated, February 5, 2016
When I just have to have Soy Sauce flavored Ramen and only the best will do, I turn to Muji. At about $550 a serving, the price is *a bit* steep. But if you want authentic Soy Sauce flavor and the best noodles on the market, Muji is the clear choice. Sure, you can get their Chicken version which comes out to about $5.25 a serving, and just add some soy sauce, but that really defeats the purpose, doesn't it? I'm looking forward to trying the Kimchi version, but have not yet had a chance.

The additional $5 shipping might be a deal breaker for some, but not for me. For the best flavor, it has to be eaten out of a AIZOME Noodle bowl, drinking some Tuscan Whole Milk, while wearing a Three Wolf Moon Tee. This is the ultimate Ramen noodle experience without a doubt!

Teumsae Ramen(빨계떡) Bag- 4.23 Oz 5 Packs
Teumsae Ramen(빨계떡) Bag- 4.23 Oz 5 Packs
Offered by West Coast Food Bank
Price: $11.59
7 used & new from $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Burns So Good, February 5, 2016
I thought Nongshim Shin Noodle Ramyun was spicy. Apparently, I need to build up more of a tolerance. Teumsae is great, but I can only use about a ¼ of the spice pack. ½ if I'm mixing in other ingredients. The bonus is that these are terrific ramen noodles and the flavor is good. Very hot, beyond Jalapeño level which is at the limit of my comfort zone. Not the healthiest dish due to the excess sodium, but a nice comfort food to have on hand. Drop in an egg and some veggies and you have a very zesty dish.

~ Kort

Edifier i285 / H285i headphones headset for iPhone - Hi-fi Earphone IEM In Ear Monitor with Mic and Volume Controls (Black)
Offered by Edifier Online Store
Price: $35.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Apple Earbud Replacements, February 4, 2016
Short version - these are good earbuds for the price.

Long version - economical but cheap, the Edifier i285 earbuds deliver on sound and function while. The volume/track.microphone controls function with an iPhone 6 and audio quality is well above acceptable. Bass is decent for earbud style headphones, but not outstanding. The i285s are actually quite well-balanced and a pleasure to listen to. Using the largest of the 3 provided silicone tips, the buds fit snugly in my ear with no discomfort for up to 3 hours of use. These are not sound canceling headphones and some ambient noise does leak in, but they do a fair job muting a lot of it. Cord noise/distortion is almost nil, which I love, especially when using them in an active situation. They don't slide out when I sweat a little and the cord is long enough to allow me to easily pocket a device. They don't look like $100+ headphones, but they don't look cheap either. They also come with a shirt clip, carry bag, and instruction booklet. Packaging is at a level that you wouldn't be embarrassed to give these as a gift.

So, what's not to like. Thankfully very little. The lightweight cord tangles easily and doesn't feel like it will stand up to prolonged use or minor abuse. I can already see a few cinches in it where it has been pinched or bent. Microphone quality for people on the receiving end of calls has proven to be a little spotty. I'm understandable, but sometimes distorted. Dictation errors just very slightly more prevalent than just using the iPhone's built-in mic.

These are quality earbuds with inline controls and mic for the $30-$50 price range. You might find something that fits your specific need a bit better, but these tick off all the right points for me and sound good playing everything from country rock, to IDM, to classical, to jazz, and to audio books. I was provided a test sample for objective review purposes.

Vader's Little Princess
Vader's Little Princess
by Jeffrey Brown
Price: $8.89
166 used & new from $1.81

5.0 out of 5 stars For Star Wars Dads With Daughters, February 4, 2016
I read through a copy of 'Vader's Little Princess' and had to buy a copy for my 11 year old daughter for Valentines Day. We just saw the new Star Wars movie together, and I think she will get some of the references, if not all of them. As an old-school Star Wars fan and father of a "princess" daughter, I was enamored by Brown's book. Each page is contained in and of itself, so there are lot of little tidbits for Fans, Dads, and Daughters a like. The illustrations are cute and well done. I'm not sure if she'll enjoy the book as much as I have, but I know it is something we have to have in our library.
MTFBWY.

Silver Tone Crystal Clear Halo Stud Earrings with Swarovski Elements
Silver Tone Crystal Clear Halo Stud Earrings with Swarovski Elements
Offered by Exquisite Jewels
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Sparkling Shards of Ice & Snow, February 4, 2016
Thus far these Bria Lou Halo Studs have caused no irritation to my wife's sensitive earlobes. For the price, these are an excellent value. If they cost twice as much, I might drop another star. When examined up very close, they are not as refined looking as some other earrings I've acquired from Amazon recently. But at a distance of about 2 feet or more, they look very "rich". Not too showy, but sparkly and classy without being too large. The post is situated towards the top of the earring, so they may hang slightly lower than expected. The Silver Tones arrived in a lovely little white drawstring back which makes for excellent gift presentation.

~ Kort

18k Yellow Gold Plated Sterling Silver Cubic Zirconia 7mm Round Halo Stud Earrings (3.1 cttw)
Price: $30.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Choice for a Romantic Gift, February 4, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These earrings are slightly larger and a bit flashier what I normally would choose for my wife (and what she normally wears), but they are classy not over the top. They are definitely appropriate for dressy occasions. You wouldn't know if from looking at them when they are on, but they are hollow to keep costs and weight down. And they are light, which my wife appreciates, without feeling cheap. They are comparable in size and weight to a pair of (Silver Tone Halo Stud Earrings) I recently acquired, but of slightly better quality. Bear in mind that in the photos the stones have dark facets. That is because there was something dark behind earring when it was photographed. Against light skin they look brighter and warmer, though slightly less defined. Overall, I would say these are lovely earrings for the price and would make a nice mid-range gift for special occasions or holidays.

~ Kort

Instant Rapid Ramen Noodles Bundle (Beef Flavor)
Instant Rapid Ramen Noodles Bundle (Beef Flavor)
Offered by Rapid Brands
Price: $6.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy Ramen Cooking Bowl, February 3, 2016
Forget that this product is paired with perhaps one of the cheapest brands of Ramen noodles out there. It *IS* the perfect size for it and is made to be used in a microwave. So assuming you don't have another bowl already, this might be good for you. Especially if you are college student. It does get hot in the microwave so it need to be placed on and eaten from a table or other hard surface immediately after cooking. I personally would use a glass or ceramic bowl/container, a different brand of noodle and add hot water directly to it and then maybe cook for just a minute in the microwave. But that's what works for me and I'm not a student with limited space or heating options. This is probably good for what it is and while it seems well made, I suspect it won't up under near daily use for much more than a few months. That's a semester for a college student, so perhaps that is enough.

So this is isn't a great fit for me. I don't need more clutter and another bowl when I have others that work just fine. I'm not sure how it is "the fastest way to cook Ramen". It seems to take about the same amount of time 3-5 minutes. So this a 2-star product for me. 4 stars for a student who plans to heat rectangular bricks of Ramen on regular basis. I would suggest trying different brands though, like Nongshim, Kko Kko Myeon, Samyang, and Jin.

Samyang Godd Jjajangmen Chajang Noodle Ramen 5-pack
Samyang Godd Jjajangmen Chajang Noodle Ramen 5-pack
Offered by Sky Outlet Mall
Price: $13.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Taste in the Paste, February 3, 2016
One of the better pre-packaged Chajang Noodle Ramen's I've tried. Of course, with so much salt, it is hard NOT to be good, so it loses a star there. Otherwise, it is very flavorful and the noodle ARE think and chewy. If you are used to thinking of Raman as Cup-O-Noodles or a dried, square brick from Maruchan, then you are in for a treat here. Not really a soup, the noodles and extras are coated in a savory think black bean sauce. Exotic, but safe for most western taste buds I'd wager. Quick, hearty and easy to prepare comfort food, assuming you don't have to watch your sodium intake.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20