ARRAY(0xa36f2828)

Top Reviewer Ranking: 440

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kort "Art, Music, Book & Movie Enthusiast" RSS Feed (Boca Raton, FL, United States)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Mystery Science Theater 3000: XXIII
Mystery Science Theater 3000: XXIII
DVD ~ Joel Hodgson
Offered by Expedited Warehouse
Price: $27.95
73 used & new from $9.50

4.0 out of 5 stars MST3K Goodness, April 16, 2014
XXIII is a welcome addition to the MST3K video collection. While the movies may not be the "best" that Joel/Mike and the bots have ever ribbed on, there is plenty to like here. And it is fairly affordable as far as these video sets go. The extras are enjoyable and the movies do have there moments. The Castle Of Fu Manchu is a slog, but the gang makes the best of it. Code Name: Diamond Head may be my favorite from this set, but I have a fondness for Hawaii, even when it is so badly portrayed. King Dinosaur is ripe for insult with its abysmal settings and special effects, but who can't feel something for the lovable Joey the Lemur? Last Of The Wild Horses is a completely forgettable B&W western if not for the Star Trek reference and the in-theater ribbing by Forrester and Frank. The extras are good too. I particularly enjoyed "The Incredible Mr. Lippert" about the director/producer of King Dinosaur and other B-movies of that era.

Jarrow Formulas Jarrosil Activated Silicon Supplement, 60 Count
Jarrow Formulas Jarrosil Activated Silicon Supplement, 60 Count
Price: $16.39
6 used & new from $13.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Hits The Nail On The Head, April 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was impressed at the results I noted after taking this activated silicon supplement. I truly wondered if I'd notice anything. Surprise, surprise - I did indeed. My fingernail and toenail health hasn't been optimal lately, but after taking this Jarrow Formulas product for a month, I've noticed that they seem to be stronger in both the nail and cuticle. My skin is more healthy as well and some "clicking/snapping" noises in my joints have mostly subsided. I'm not saying this supplement is a must, but if you have any issues with your joints, nails, bones and/or skin; it is worth looking into.

~ Kort

Jarrow Formulas Pyrroloquinoline Quinone Nutritional Supplements, 20 mg, 30 Count
Price: $21.19
14 used & new from $15.92

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems Like A Good Thing, April 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Jarrow Formulas' Pyrroloquinoline Quinone is one of those products that sounds good when you research it. In practice, I can't really say I've noticed any difference since I began taking it a month ago. Perhaps it is because I'm not in a physical state where supplementing with it would markedly benefit me. So I really can't justify the cost of continuing to use it, even though it may be "repairing" my mitochondria. My cardiovascular and cognitive functions appear to be the same, so no noticeable change has occurred. Blood pressure hasn't dropped 20 points and my IQ seems to be unchanged.

All kidding aside, if you have issues with heart and cognitive function, you may benefit from taking this supplement. Otherwise, I'd recommend you save your money and just spend it on healthier food.

Jarrow Formulas NattoMax, 100 mg, 30 Count
Jarrow Formulas NattoMax, 100 mg, 30 Count
Price: $10.29
18 used & new from $7.61

4.0 out of 5 stars For Healthier Circulation & More, April 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
While I can't say definitively that NattoMax has helped to lower by blood pressure, it has gone down over the month I've been taking it. It was getting a little high and rather than use prescription drugs, I thought I'd try something a bit more natural. These capsules are easy to swallow and have no detrimental side effects that I've noted. If anything, it makes me feel more mellow overall. Natto is more or less a natural blood thinner is derived from fermented soybeans ...and I've found most Japanese healing remedies to be quite effective. They seem to be working in this instance too and I look forward to seeing if I reap additional benefits over long-term consumption. I would caution against using NattoMax if you are on prescribed blood thinner or blood pressure medications. Check with your doctor first.

Jarrow Formulas Acetyl L-Carnitine 500mg, 120 Count
Jarrow Formulas Acetyl L-Carnitine 500mg, 120 Count
Price: $20.06
22 used & new from $18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good But Not A Night & Day Difference, April 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been taking L-Carnitine supplements for extra energy and overall health on and off for several years now. I do think it works. This is the first time I've taken Acetyl L-Carnitine, and I find it seems to give a bit of extra clarity and focus to my thought processes as well. That and it seems to enhance my mood and overall feeling of well-behing. I have not been hitting the gym recently, but when I did, L-Carnitine seemed to aid in recovery and provide a bit more energy during those workouts.

Is it worth the cost? That is something you have to decide for yourself. I've noticed that I can stay up later and read in bed longer (before eventually nodding off) when taking Acetyl L-Carnitine, with the added "benefit" of having more vivid dreams. I suppose these are all things to consider when adding a supplement like this to your diet.

Jarrow Formulas Mastic Gum, 500 mg, 60 Count
Jarrow Formulas Mastic Gum, 500 mg, 60 Count
Price: $16.01
25 used & new from $14.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Goodbye Rumbly Tummy!, April 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I wasn't sure what to expect when I first started taking Jarrow Formulas Mastic Gum, but was pleasantly surprised that it actually helps to calm and sooth my stomach and gut. I sometimes get a "rumbly tummy" in the wee hours of the morning before breakfast. After taking Mastic Gum, it has quieted significantly. It also seems to help with excess gas and acid reflux. When I eat garlic or tomato sauce in pasta or on pizza, I sometimes get heartburn at bed time. I've had no problems recently. That it can help with liver health and other issues is an added bonus. Consider me a believer!

I don't know if there is a less expensive and equally effective alternative, but I have grown to trust Jarrow products and would recommend trying this one if you experience mild stomach and/or intestinal discomfort. Obviously for more serious issues, consult a physician.

McCulloch MC1375 Canister Steam System
McCulloch MC1375 Canister Steam System
Price: $169.99
2 used & new from $151.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile Steamer, April 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was honestly surprised and impressed that a steamer that lists for around two hundred bucks (currently) could be both so effective and versatile. Thanks to the myriad attachments McCulloh provides, you can do A LOT with this canister steamer. Unboxing all of the attachments can be a little overwhelming, but once you start using it, you'll be hooked! I own and have reviewed other steam mops, but this one I consider to be more professional grade rather than a standard consumer model.

After a somewhat long approximately 10 minute pre-heat, the large 48oz. tank gives the me well over an hour of operational time before it needs to be refilled. A steam brush attachment helped cleaned my grill to a state I haven't seen in years. It worked really well on my van's rims as well. It dissolves the lime stains on bathroom shower glass and cleans the grout well too. On tile and hardwood floors, the steam-mop does wonders, all without any chemicals. I like to add a touch of bleach to the water reservoir for some applications, but that is me. At 11 pounds it isn't overly light but it moves well on its wheels

I've only owned this for over a month, but it has been a dependable workhouse thus far. I'm sold on McCulloch steamers!

Jarrow Formulas Red Yeast Rice Plus Nattokinase Capsules, 60 Count
Jarrow Formulas Red Yeast Rice Plus Nattokinase Capsules, 60 Count
Price: $15.29
11 used & new from $14.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Heart!, April 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Red Yeast Rice for cardiovascular health and cholesterol. Nattokinase for healthier circulation (blood pressure). I'm glad to get both of these beneficial products in one capsule.

I'm 43 and life stress and diet have contributed to a rise in my blood pressure in recent years. I'd rather not go on any drugs from big Pharma, so I have looked into more natural OTC alternatives. Red Yeast Rice consistently gets great press for helping with (the bad) cholesterol, and Nattokinase works to thin the blood and helps to lower blood pressure. I have a BP monitor at home and has seen a slight overall reduction in blood pressure since I started taking Jarrow Formulas RYRPN. For anyone not already on medication that either wants to treat a problem or even to head one off, then I would recommend giving this a try. Be sure to consult your physician before taking them. They are easy to swallow and I've not noticed any adverse side effects.

Jarrow Formulas Prostate Optimizer, 90 Count
Jarrow Formulas Prostate Optimizer, 90 Count
Price: $24.14
29 used & new from $23.91

4.0 out of 5 stars Optimizer Prime, April 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm getting older. I'll admit it. Things don't work quite as well as they used to. Thus the market for supplements that are supposed to help out the body in various ways. I had the opportunity to test out this product but honestly can't say I've noticed any real difference in my physical condition. You need to take 3 a day, ideally one with each main meal, so there is a bit of investment in time and effort to get the most from Prostate Optimizer. I have used many other Jarrow supplements in the past and trust the quality of their products, but can't say I see much of a change after taking this one for a month. Nothing is worse, so that is good I suppose. Then again, I usually only get up once a nice to pee, so I likely don't have any serious prostate issues.

Bear in mind that these soft-gels contain a number of healthy ingredients, including fish oil (for Omega 3). I'm not sure why they included it in this product other than for a possible synergistic effect, but I do get the occasional "fish-burp" after taking these. I'd rather take that supplement separately in a product I know won't cause that problem.

If you have prostate issues or just want some added insurance against future problems, then I don't see how taking this can hurt. And it may even help. If you don't mind spending some extra money on product that may or may not help, then you could do worse than to spend it on this Jarrow formulation.

Jarrow Formulas Type 2 Collagen, 500mg, 60 Capsules
Jarrow Formulas Type 2 Collagen, 500mg, 60 Capsules
Price: $12.89
18 used & new from $10.30

3.0 out of 5 stars Seems Like Quality, April 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This supplement doesn't appear to have done anything for me. Perhaps I didn't need anything more than what I normally get in my regular diet. I'm a fan of quality Jarrow supplements and found these capsules easy to swallow, but can't say I felt any better after taking these for a few weeks. Joints and skin are unchanged from before I started using Jarrow's Type 2 Collagen. Perhaps it is a great supplement for someone who needs it, but not for me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20