Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games
Profile for Kort > Reviews

Browse

Kort's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1404
Top Reviewer Ranking: 580

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kort "Art, Music, Book & Movie Enthusiast" RSS Feed (Boca Raton, FL, United States)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Photography In The Digital Age: Volume I - The Art of Image Capture (Volume 1)
Photography In The Digital Age: Volume I - The Art of Image Capture (Volume 1)
by Hugh J. Lawton
Price: $43.95
17 used & new from $37.60

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Resource For Someone New To Digital Photography, August 31, 2015
Photography In The Digital Age: The Art of Image Capture (Volume 1) is a great book for the new or intermediate digital photographer who wants to learn everything they can about their new passion. It is a great mix of old school meets the modern age. Think of it as a 101 type college course in photography. Readers such as myself who are more at the "graduate level" will appreciate the thorough information presented, and may enjoy reading it as a refresher with the occasional tidbit popping up that we may not have known. It explains photography, composition, and color theory in an easy to comprehend format that engages the reader. It is a fun to read book with good information and rewarding visuals, and will be a great resource for your reference library. Mr. Lawton's passion for and experience with photography shines through on every page. I look forward to future volumes that delve deeper into the more advanced aspects of photography in this digital age for producing more impactful images under specific circumstances.

I received a copy of The Art Of Image Capture in exchange for an unbiased review.

~ Kort

Nexxus New York Salon Care Conditioner, Emergencee Reconstrucountive System 13.5 ounce
Price: $11.15
10 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars For Healthy & Soft Full-Bodied Hair, August 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't often use stand-alone conditioners. But when I do, I want them to be much more effective than if I were simply using a 2in1 shampoo/conditioner. Nexxus has a reputation for producing affordable salon quality hair care products. The ones I've used thus far uphold that reputation. Emergencee is a luscious conditioner that leaves my hair soft, manageable and moisturized without being weighed down by excess oils. It has a noticeable but pleasant scent that mellows after rinsing. I don't fret overmuch about the abundance of mysterious ingredients in this most other hair care products. This one does what I expect from it and that is what matters. I had fairly dry hair just before using this, and after a single treatment it looked and felt much better, and was more manageable, even when taking into consideration that I have somewhat short hair to begin with.

Ace Brand Black Elastic Bandage with Ace Brand Clip, 4 Inch, 0.175 Pound
Ace Brand Black Elastic Bandage with Ace Brand Clip, 4 Inch, 0.175 Pound
Offered by Pharmapacks
Price: $8.84
9 used & new from $5.27

4.0 out of 5 stars Still Needs Work, August 31, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been using Ace bandages all my life. It has been a while since I needed one, but my daughter plays basketball and soccer so they are a staple again in my house. I like the new black look over the old flesh tone bandage, and think it wraps as well or easier as the older versions even though it appears to be the same elastic material. The clips, which have always been a weak link for Ace bandages, could still use improvement. It is better perhaps than the smaller, more simple clip that would stick to the bandage cloth by piercing it, but I think it is too big, and too obtrusive. Also it's not as simple to attach to a fresh bandage as the older version. And there is only one, so the side ends of the bandage will inevitably curl. I still prefer the smaller metal ones and some surgical tape strips to cover them so they hold on better. The bandage will still lose elasticity over time, but I've yet to encounter a bandage that doesn't. Thus it is still good to keep one or two of these in your first aid kit, or handy when you or your child is participating in a sporting event. For long-term conditions or injuries, a pre-made brace or compression sleeve (rather than a rap) like Breathable Neoprene Elbow Support or Copper Compression Recovery Knee Sleeves are what I'd recommend.

3.5 stars, rounded up.

Stash Tea Super Irish Breakfast Loose Leaf Tea, 3.5 Ounce Pouch
Stash Tea Super Irish Breakfast Loose Leaf Tea, 3.5 Ounce Pouch
Price: $6.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Breakfast & Anytime Black Tea, August 31, 2015
I primarily use loose leaf teas and picked up a bag of this Irish Breakfast from Stash Tea. I prefer it to English Breakfast tea for the flavor which I find bolder and smoother at the same time. Stash's version is quite tasty and hits the right price point for everyday usability. It is comparable to Adagio's Irish Breakfast blend and I use their 16 oz. ingenuiTEA Bottom-Dispensing Teapot to brew mine for 2 minutes with hot water from the fresh water dispenser at work. I like mine without cream and sugar, but if you wanted to brew it a minute or two more, then cream and sugar would go well with it. This is the tea drinker's version of your basic cup of joe. It makes a good iced tea as well.

L Lysine for Cats - Tasty Chews for Immune System Support 3.74oz
L Lysine for Cats - Tasty Chews for Immune System Support 3.74oz
Offered by Authentic Wares
Price: $14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Healthy But Digestable?, August 30, 2015
I don't doubt that this a healthy cat treat for supporting a healthy immune system. I don't question that cats find them tasty. My two cats gobble them up. Unfortunately one of my cats can't seem to stomach Tasty Chews. She's thrown up twice after eating them, so I stopped offering them to her. My other cat has shown no signs of sensitivity however. I would recommend L Lysine for Cats chews, but with the caution that not all cats are able to easily eat them without possible regurgitation.

Axe White Label Shampoo & Conditioner, Night 22 ounce
Axe White Label Shampoo & Conditioner, Night 22 ounce
Price: $6.27
3 used & new from $6.27

4.0 out of 5 stars The Scent of Night, August 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For those looking for a step up in quality from VO5 or Suave, this Axe White label is a good, cost-effective option. I'm in my forties but still like many Axe products. Night seems a bit classier than some of their more overpowering scents. It is still strong, especially in the shower, but it soon mellows to a woody and slightly fruity scent. The menthol gives it a nice tingle and I use it was an all over body wash in a addition to a shampoo/conditioner in one. It lathers and cleans well, and leaves my hair and skin feeling and smelling good. The conditioning aspect isn't very strong, but it won't overly dry out your hair either. I feel it strikes a good balance. I was a bit surprised at first by the bright yellowish green color, but does the job and that's what matters.

Evolution: The Whole Story
Evolution: The Whole Story
by Steve Parker
Price: $32.16
14 used & new from $26.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Layout, Stellar Conent, Itty-Bitty Text, August 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Whoever decided to print this book using such a small font size for the majority of the text should be fired. Seriously, it ruins the any enjoyment or accessibility there might be to this book. And the content, is fantastic. After the engaging introduction, it goes on to review the most currently held theories on the science of evolution, citing countless examples and exploring various time periods and life forms. The photos, drawings, 3D renderings and charts/table pull the view in, but unfortunately the size of the actual works pushes the reader out. There is obviously a wealth of information to be garnered here, surpassing the textbook range and going into reference book territory.

I wear glasses. Without out them, much of what is written in this book is just a blur. Even with them on, a lot of it is difficult to read if conditions aren't perfect. This book is a great resource and a book that those with a interest in the subject matter might like to have on had both for reference and to pick up on occasion and read an excerpt from. I just wish the book was in a more over-sized, coffee table format.

5 stars for the content brought down to 3 stars because of the overall presentation.

The Friendly Swede Bling License Plate Frame with 8 Crystal Rows
The Friendly Swede Bling License Plate Frame with 8 Crystal Rows
Offered by The Friendly Swede
Price: $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Mega Bling, August 26, 2015
This license plate frame now graces my wife's car. Construction and material quality is top-notch. The crystals sparkle nicely. There are some embedded finger prints from whoever glued on the crystals, but nothing you would notice from more than a few feet away. It was easy to install and replaced and old frame provided by the dealer. This one is much nicer, if a bit flashier. I like the Anti-theft caps both for safety and for how nicely they compliment the frame. This is a gaudy yet classy license plate frame, another win from The Friendly Swede!

Tastes will vary when it comes to if this is for you or not, but the product itself is top-notch and it comes in a nice gift box. I received complimentary unit for objective review purposes.

~ Kort

Viva Labs - The FINEST Organic Quinoa, 100% Royal Bolivian Whole Grain, 4 LB Bag
Offered by Premium Vitamins
Price: $39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Quality Quinoa, August 25, 2015
Viva Labs' Quinoa works great in my rice cooker. Use equal parts rice and quinoa and you have a very healthy starch based side dish. Did I mention that it tastes great too? No? Well, it does? It mixes well with rice or on it's own. This Viva Labs offering is a winner!

~ Kort

Viva Labs Extra Strength CLA, The BEST Metabolism Booster, 1250 mg, 180 Softgels
Offered by Premium Vitamins
Price: $39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Big and Bold, August 25, 2015
I've ordered CLA from Swanson in the past. This is my first shipment from Viva Labs. I'm quite happy with the quality, price point, and quantity, though some may find the gel-caps a bit large. No problem for me though. I've lost a few pounds since adding it to my supplement regime, so it appears to be effective. You can read all about it online, so all I have to impart is that Viva Labs is a great source for a quality version of this supplement.

I was provided and sample by Viva Labs for objective reviewing purposes.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20