Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Kort > Reviews

Browse

Kort's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1807
Top Reviewer Ranking: 774

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kort "Art, Music, Book & Movie Enthusiast" RSS Feed (Boca Raton, FL, United States)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Fisher-Price Thomas the Train Wooden Railway Santa's Workshop Express
Fisher-Price Thomas the Train Wooden Railway Santa's Workshop Express
Price: $86.86
2 used & new from $86.65

4.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Thomas, June 30, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I’m pleased to see that the Thomas the Tank Engine franchise is still producing quality wooden train sets. A bit overpriced for what you get, but you’re paying for the Thomas brand. The North Pole comes to Sodor with this simple loop set. I say simple, but the workshop “hill” is rather impressive. The play mechanics are basic though for a nearly hundred dollar set. It’s very easy to set up. The iconic Sir Topham Hat figure is replaced with a eerily similar Santa, and it comes with Thomas (who has had yet another “winterizing”) and a red car. There are also holiday add-ons like a Christmas tree and Reindeer Xing signs.

While you’re spending money, I’d recommend getting some add on track like B00ZEBMTZY to make it a little more fun for the kiddies. Or they can combine this with any other Thomas sets and tracks they might already own. Play value is a little low for this set. One basically just loads packages at the workshop, and then unloads them at the other side of the track. But I would guess that with Santas workshop, their imagination will be in overdrive. It would be nicely complimented by Santa's Little Engine.

This set (with some track added) will be going under our Christmas tree this year.

~ Kort

Viva Naturals Organic Argan Oil 4 oz, Moroccan Luxury Oil for Silky, Smooth Hair & Softer Skin
Offered by Viva Naturals
Price: $18.71
2 used & new from $12.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Luxury Oil For Skin and Hair, June 24, 2016
This Viva Naturals bottle delivers a lot of Organic Argan Oil for the price. If you are shopping for it, you likely know the benefits for hair and skin. It absorbs quickly into the skin and leaves it soft and moisturized. Great for the scalp and not too heavy on the hair either. The dropper system works well for portioning it out. It had an odd scent that took me a little while to reconcile, but it isn't offensive and I've come to like it. As this is food grade oil, you can even consume it, though I'd rather eat coconut or olive or sesame honestly.

This is a great product for which I received a complimentary review sample. My opinions are my own however and my wife and I really like this stuff!

~Kort

Maybelline New York Color Tattoo Eye Chrome Shadow, Gilded Rose, 0.11 Fluid Ounce

4.0 out of 5 stars Flashy & Keeps A Wet Look, June 24, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This metallic eye-shadow isn't for every day. I have to admit that when my daughter wears it, it looks good though. It stays put for hours and has a neat metallic sheen that reminds me of the 80s. I'd prefer she didn't wear makeup, but if she going to, I'm happy when she does it in a classy way and uses a quality product like Maybelline. She did mention that after leaving it on overnight, her eyes and eyelids were a littler irritated the next day. There were slightly puffy and a little red, but it went away after washing and applying some soothing skin cream. Applications with the wand is easy and she couldn't be happier with this metallic light rose color.

~ Kort

StarTech.com 1m 3-Feet Apple 8-pin Slim Lightning to USB Cable for iPhone/iPod/iPad, White (USBLT1MWS)
Offered by Jasons Deals
Price: $13.68
89 used & new from $11.56

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Apple Alternative, But There Are Better For Less, June 24, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For whatever reason, I seem to go through a lot of Lightening to USB cables. I'm not sure if it is because I'm rough on them, or the simple fact that they are perhaps used more than any other cables I have for charging and connecting my iPad or iPhone to a computer or to recharge. I have USB cables for my cameras and they've lasted for years.

It always seems to be some issue with the lightening connector end. I had one simply fall apart after a week of use, but to be fair it was an inexpensive generic and not Apple certified. I'm not sure this is, but the StarTech cable seems sturdy and has a 2-year warranty. Very close in quality to the OEM Apple model but for a bit less. That said, Amazon offers a the AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable for about half the cost. If you don't mind the black cable, I recommend that over this one.

~ Kort

Neocell Laboratories Biotin Bursts Chewable Acai Berry, High Potency, 30 Soft Chews
Offered by East Coast Vitamin's
Price: $12.15
60 used & new from $9.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Tasty Bursts Of Health, June 24, 2016
My wife and I have been taking these daily for several weeks now. I would say that my hair does look and feel healthier, but I would be hard pressed to be quantitative about it. The following insights are from my wife's perspective:

Positives:

1) My hair is thicker and shinier since starting my biotin chew regimen---in fact, it is the healthiest it has been in years. No more breakage and difficulty brushing it through. My hair exhibits renewed luster and bounce.

2) I was skeptical at first, but this product really has made a difference. In addition to my hair, my skin looks more radiant as well.

3) I feel more energetic.

4) The chews are easy to consume. I prefer sucking on the soft chew until it melts in my mouth.

5) I eat one after lunch as it cleanses the palate nicely. I also love the packaging!

Negatives:

1) These are a bit on the sweet side for those of us who don't normally eat sugary foods, but the hint of acai berry is a reminder of its therapeutic properties.

2) They are bit expensive unless you can get them on sale.

-------
All-in-all, we're happy with this product and will continue to get it.

~ Kort

Maybelline New York Volume Express The Colossal Spider Effect Washable Mascara, Glam Black, 0.33 Fluid Ounce

4.0 out of 5 stars Bold Statement, June 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Let me clarify. My daughter uses this, not me. My wife says no thanks, this isn't her style. I agree -- I'm not one for heavy make-up. But my daughter rightly points out that it is like art and it is fun. Well, thats great. But I wouldn't say this is an every day makeup accessory. For special occasions where you want to make a statement, as it does go on a bit thick. But this is a Maybelline product and it is quality. I'm told the applicator is easy to use.

So there you go. If you want thick, bold lashes, then this is the mascara for you. Another reviewer mentioned "I Love Lucy" lashes and I have to chuckle and agree.

Fred & Friends DINNER DJ Kids' Dining Set
Fred & Friends DINNER DJ Kids' Dining Set
Price: $21.53
10 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun - Even For A Big Kid!, June 23, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This kid's plate utensil combo caught my eye. While geared towards grade schoolers, my middles school daughter enjoyes eating from it, even though she'll never admit it. Heck, even I think it fun. The "record" spins, the nobs turn, the slider sides and the multi-utensil makes a great record arm (on an empty plate). I probably get more from it than my daughter because I actually grew up using a turntable where you can could change the speed between 33 and 45 RMPs. And the punny song titles speak to my 40 something generation as well. They still have fun with it though. The record plate is slightly bowl shaped at the edges, so it holds liquids like spaghetti sauce and apple sauce.

I drop a star only because there is limited eating space, though probably enough for young children. It is light and I question its durability over time. Cleaning is fairly easy, but it takes a little more effort than a regular plate and I wouldn't call it dishwasher safe. The spork works, but I'm not quite sure how the manufacturer can claim a knife it built into it as well. No heavy cutting will be done with this turntable arm.

Fun, fun, fun! I think this would make a great gift too. "No Sleep Till Broccoli!"

~ Kort

Hesitation Marks (Deluxe Version)
Hesitation Marks (Deluxe Version)
Price: $17.39
58 used & new from $8.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Sorry I Hesitated, June 22, 2016
Shame on you Trent. You snuck this gem by me. I'm only now discovering it in the mid-2016s. Well, it is my fault for not watching you more closely, and it is a pleasure to experience this musical experience now. It is fresh, yet harkens back to your earlier music as well.

I'm a NIN fan from the early days, and this album makes me happy. In an angsty way. *You* know what I mean. The mixing and musicianship is top notch. Possible Trent's best NIN work (IMHO) since The Downward Spiral. But here, we're moving on up!

~ Kort

Bai Bubbles Variety Pack, Antioxidant Infused Beverage, 11.5 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Bai Bubbles Variety Pack, Antioxidant Infused Beverage, 11.5 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Price: $15.98
16 used & new from $15.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Bai is the bomb!, June 22, 2016
After trying my first Bai drink purchased from the grocery story several months ago, I was hooked. This is good stuff. Fizzy and healthy and not too sweet. The combination of sweeteners works to give you a drink that doesn't taste artificial like many others in this market segment. It is yummy to drink alone, but I usually combine it with some other carbonated spring water for a light and refreshing beverage. The flavors are all good and very rich. My favorites are the cherry and blood orange. Try it for yourself!

~ Kort

Nongshim Bowl Noodle Soup, Spicy Kimchi, 3.03 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Nongshim Bowl Noodle Soup, Spicy Kimchi, 3.03 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Price: $8.99
30 used & new from $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Spice me up!, June 22, 2016
Not quite the quality of the restaurant Kimchi soup I can get locally. Not even close actually, but it will do in a pinch. For a instant soup, it is convenient and flavorful. Not sogood for your body, but good for the soul!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20