Profile for TheTerrorBeyond > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 304

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

TheTerrorBeyond RSS Feed (Tartarus)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
HP X9000 Gaming Mouse (J6N88AA#ABA)
HP X9000 Gaming Mouse (J6N88AA#ABA)

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't go wrong for the price!, November 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This mouse feels very nice and tracks extremely well. I have used devices that jump around a little when you move slowly, but this one is very smooth and feels very precise. 8200 DPI is the max resolution for the tracking and you can really tell that it is using the real estate. You can adjust anywhere between 400 and 8200 DPI, so you can get the feel that you want and the precision that you need. You can choose between 8 sensitivity levels.

The design of the mouse is very ergonomic and it just feels right in your hand. While six programmable buttons might seem like a lot of buttons to worry about accidentally pressing, this is not the case. You won't have issues and you will find that the buttons become second nature.

Adobe Ink and Slide Creative Cloud Connected Stylus for iPad (ADBIS)
Adobe Ink and Slide Creative Cloud Connected Stylus for iPad (ADBIS)
Price: $133.71
6 used & new from $133.71

2.0 out of 5 stars Neutral, really - could be good if you give it time and wait for some updates, November 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I think that this is a good idea that has yet to be fully realized. This device works to a degree, but really needs Adobe Creative Cloud to be useful. The construction is very nice and very solid, however it suffers from poor battery life and really doesn't feel perfect in your hand. The tools work, but not as intuitively as I would have hoped. You can connect straight lines, curves, etc., but it really doesn't work out as nicely as it should. I can do these things with a Wacom tablet and Photoshop and do amazing work. I do not feel that I can do anything with this that comes close to what I can do with the real tablet.

Perhaps I am just accustomed to using a regular graphics tablet and this would grow on me, but, as of right now, I don't believe that I will use it much.

Canon MAXIFY MB2020 Wireless All-In-One Color Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax (Airprint and Cloud Compatible)
Price: $133.01
6 used & new from $129.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent unit!, November 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This setup works better with a Mac than others I have used. Although this is not a printer I would use for prints with my photography business, he fact that Canon is a major player in the digital photography world means that they are keen to keep Apple customers happy, as a great percentage of photographers use Macs. This is wonderful in that they should reasonably be expected to keep drivers up to par for Mac users. This is, sadly, not the case with various other manufacturers.

The print output is fast and of good quality. Would I use this printer for prints of photos that I sell to customers? Probably not, but it does produce nice print. I have a large-format Pixma Pro-1 for critical prints, but this will work for quick-print office work and basic picture printing. The scanning function is also very welcome and appealing. I am going to go ahead and get rid of my other scanner, as this printer/scanner combo will work perfectly for scanning up to 1200x1200 dpi, which is great for background scans.

The fax is something that I cannot test, as I don't have a phone line.

I would not hesitate to recommend this unit.

ACDelco 46G0254A Advantage Rear Passenger Side Suspension Stabilizer Bar Link Kit with Hardware
Price: $16.00
10 used & new from $15.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Direct OEM replacement, November 10, 2014
Direct-fit replacement for OEM stabilizer link. The installation is simple and the quality of the part is exactly as the OEM. Save money on a mechanic and do your stabilizer link replacements yourself. Just get some jack stands and secure your vehicle properly before starting the job.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy these again when I need to replace them.

ACDelco 46G0255A Advantage Rear Driver Side Suspension Stabilizer Bar Link Kit with Hardware
Price: $15.30
12 used & new from $12.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Direct OEM replacement, November 10, 2014

I wouldn't hesitate to buy these again when I need to replace them.

BOSTITCH BTMT72287 Pass Through Socket Set, 65-Piece
BOSTITCH BTMT72287 Pass Through Socket Set, 65-Piece
Price: $69.97
4 used & new from $59.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy these and don't look back, November 10, 2014
This is an amazing set with nearly every size you will ever need. I recommend it VERY highly, as the pass-through is extremely convenient and saves you (in most cases) from having to use a box-end wrench. There are cases where you would be able to get into a tight spot with a standard socket set and this one is too thick to get into the area, so don't toss your standard socket set out. I was replacing a power mirror the other day and the Bostitch would not fit into the area, while a regular set fit perfectly.

With this said, there are MANY cases where a regular socket set will not do the job, due to a bolt being too long to fit into the socket, so this set is undeniably great and recommended.

If I have any complaint it is that the sockets are sometimes very difficult to get out of the extender. I just keep a screwdriver with me so I can pop the socket out by tapping it from the inside, so it is not a huge issue, but the fit is super tight.

DGK Color Tools DGK-XL Plus Extra Large Size 4 Card White Balance 18% Gray Warm Card with Carry Lanyard
Offered by DGK Color Tools
Price: $21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended for custom white point balancing, November 10, 2014
It is hard to go wrong with these for the price. The cards are large and the colors/tones are calibrated. ALWAYS custom balance your white point and you will get better pictures.

ePhoto Photo & Video Studio Black, White & Chromakey Green Screen, 6x9-Feet Muslin Backdrops with Support System and Bag 901+6x9BWG
Offered by ePhotoInc
Price: $96.99
3 used & new from $96.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, November 8, 2014
I would give this 3.5 stars if there were half-star increments.

The stands are a bit on the thin/weak side, but they are functional. Once you get them set up you won't be moving them around, so they do just fine in the long run. The muslins are a bit on the thin side, but they work just fine. I was easily able to get the backdrop to black totally out, even with full lighting R/L/C and a direct barn-door spot. The wrinkles in the muslins don't make much of a difference in the long run, as long as you get your lighting set up properly and the thinness is also no a problem.

I have uploaded a photo that I took this evening to demonstrate the effective black of the black muslin.

Were I to change anything about this set, I would put heavier stands... the muslins work fine, but the stands are a bit weak.
Comment Comment | Permalink

OXO Good Grips Simple Mandoline
OXO Good Grips Simple Mandoline
Price: $39.99
8 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended - convenient and very easy to use., November 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the most convenient mandoline slicer I have ever used. I have a couple of slicers that I have had for a while and they have removable blades, spacers, and separate julienne blades. This unit has a clever mechanism that allows you to raise and lower the platform without changing spacers. In addition to this, there is an extra position that makes julienne blades pop up, so you don't have to change anything. This is extremely convenient, but one of my current slicers has multiple versions of the julienne slicers to allow you to select the width of your cut. This unit only allows one specific size and it cannot be changed.

The construction is very solid overall, but there is some flex in the right side (more when the depth is the greatest) of the unit when you are slicing. The deflection is not very great and it doesn't seem like it is going to fold down or break, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

The puck you use to hold your food is perfect. There is a retracting table inside the housing and there are spikes that hold your item securely to the puck. The table retracts as the spikes push into your item and this allows you to get a very solid grip on anything you want to cut. Perfect design.

You do not need to disassemble the unit to wash it... just put it in the dishwasher and go. The unit folds flat when not in use and you can put the puck on the bottom of the unit and fold the leg down on it to hold it in place. It doesn't take up much room and you won't be looking for parts like other slicers. Great design.

I would HIGHLY recommend this unit for anyone who is in the market for a mandoline slicer. It is the best non-commercial unit I have ever used.

PDP Afterglow Kral PS4 Wireless Headset
PDP Afterglow Kral PS4 Wireless Headset
Offered by OneDealOutlet Online
Price: $87.50
2 used & new from $79.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good headset and cool looking to boot, November 5, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The lighting is neat, but I wonder how much it decreases battery life. I think that the battery lasted around 8 or 9 hours, so the battery life is not terrible... just plug the play-and-charge cable in and keep going. The only issue with this is that the cable is not long enough to plug in and keep playing if you are very far from the console.

Connecting the headset to the PS4 is dead simple, as all you have to do is connect the transmitter to a USB port on the PS4 and turn the headset on. The unit is paired with the transmitter, so you don't have to do anything to get it working. The range is allegedly around 100 feet, so you won't have to worry about moving around with the headset, as it will keep going. I have not connected the headset to a computer, but there is no reason I can think of that would make it harder to connect to a PC than a PS4.

The sound quality is excellent and the headphones are soft and comfortable on your head. There is a bass boost for those who want additional rumble in explosions and things of that nature.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20