Profile for JAGS > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 485

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JAGS RSS Feed (USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Chemical Guys SPI_993_16 - Nonsense Colorless & Odorless All Surface Cleaner (16 oz)
Price: $10.10
3 used & new from $3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent cleaning power, no chemical after-smell, December 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This cleaner is truly completely odorless. There is no smell at all. It also does a good job of cleaning interior surfaces, especially high-traffic areas. I used it on my wife's minivan first. It worked quite well removing scuff marks from shoes and clothing on the surfaces around the bottom of the doors, the passenger side of the front dash and center consoles. All of these areas are light and medium grey in color and easily reveal heavy dirt and grime from food and liquid spills in and around cup holders, color transfer from clothing, scuffs and general dirt. I then used it on my vehicle which has a black interior and it did a great job of cleaning the high traffic dirt areas as well as mud from the back of the passenger leather seat, compliments of my youngest child during a recent rain. Besides being odorless it also doesn't leave behind any tacky or shiny residue after residue. It leaves a dull matte finish that I follow up with vinyl and leather conditioning sprays. Speaking of spray, the hose on the sprayer included with this particular bottle was way too long. I had to trim it down a few inches with a pair of scissors to get it to fit into the bottle.

Chemical Guys - JetSeal Anti-Corrosion Sealant and Paint Protectant (16 oz)
Chemical Guys - JetSeal Anti-Corrosion Sealant and Paint Protectant (16 oz)
Price: $33.11
5 used & new from $33.11

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice shine, so far so good, December 10, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is my first time using a sealant, so I really have no point of comparison other than wax. I’m currently using Meguiar’s NXT wax on my black sedan. jI ust applied a single coating of jetseal without a follow-up wax. Removal was relatively easy and didn’t require excessive elbow grease. The shine was decent but I don’t think it outshines the NXT. Regardless, it’s definitely worthy of a stand-alone application if you don’t want to apply a wax over it. I will likely apply a wax over it in the spring but I want to see what the sealant can do on its own for now. The only downside is the curing/bonding time. I wanted to play it safe, so I let my car sit in the garage longer than the12 hours recommended. It is instructed not to wash the car for 12 hours after application but I interpret that as not allowing it to get wet, because it makes no sense to apply this to a dirty finish and then washing afterward. If I need to allow the car to sit for 12 hours every time, I hope it actually does last a year. Ideally, I’d like to apply this once or twice a year and wax over it in between. I’ll see how it handles the remainder of the winter solo first.

Olay Pro-X Even Skin Tone Brightening Renewal Cream 1.7 Oz
Olay Pro-X Even Skin Tone Brightening Renewal Cream 1.7 Oz
Price: $20.40
15 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well on hyperpigmentation shaving scars, December 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a male and a long-time user of Olay products. I use the products primarily due to hyperpigmentation. Hyperpigmentation is especially bad along my neck area due to constant razor bumps from frequent shaving. These bumps leave unsightly hyperpigmentation scars on me. I have the sam eproblem all over. The tiniest scratches will usually leave dark scars that look like I got sliced with a knife. When I was younger, I used hydroquinone-based fade creams like Esoterica and even prescription strength hydroquinone during my time in the service due to daily shaving requirements. However, after retiring, I switched to Olay products as I got older. Olay not only helps even skin tone but helps to control the formation of fine lines and keep other signs of aging or sun exposure at bay. I've used Olay Definity products in the past and currently use a combo of Olay Regenerist Luminous and this Pro-X Even Skin cream. Unlike a few other non-hydroquinone creams I've tried, I've found that Olay creams actually help fade dark spots and keep my skin tone even. It's not as fast or effective as hydroquinone but it's less harsh and definitely smells better. I apply the Regenerist cream during the day and Pro-X at night before bed. I don't go through any special process. I just wash my face and apply the creams like lotion.

The Pro-X cream is lighter and absorbs into the skin more thoroughly than the Regenerist cream. When I apply the Pro-X, my skin seems dry after a few minutes. I don't mean dry as in dry skin. My skin is still soft but doesn't have noticeable traces of the cream. On the flip side, the Regenerist seems heavier and leaves a slight glossy sheen and oily feel to the skin when it is touched. If you apply too much, it has a tendency to occasionally flake white residue both on the face as well as clothes whereas the Pro-X does not. I also hate sleeping with a greasy feeling face because I feel like it's getting all over my bed and pillows. I enjoy using the Regenerist during the day and the extra moisture it provides is a plus for exposure to the sun and other elements. Both Pro-X and Regenerist provide a nice one-two punch for combating dark spots and uneven skin tone caused by shaving and aging. I haven't experienced any negative issues or bad reactions to any Olay products so far. Olay isn't the cheapest but my skin gets battered enough from frequent shaving, so it's worth the cost. This is coming from a guy's perspective.

T.S. Shure Wooden Magnetic Map of The USA Puzzle
T.S. Shure Wooden Magnetic Map of The USA Puzzle
Price: $58.79
3 used & new from $51.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Colorful, fun, educational puzzle, November 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I gave this colorful wooden puzzle to my youngest daughter who loves all things related to geography and she really likes it. I was initially skeptical of the quality because all of the pieces were already scattered and moving around inside the wrapping before we even opened it. It appeared the magnets were weak to non-existent. Once we opened it fully, I discovered there was a thick sheet of paper with identical printing between the pieces and the actual board. Once the paper was removed, the pieces stuck perfectly fine. I hung it on the wall beside my daughter's bed as both a room decoration and something to fiddle with when the mood strikes her. The cord comes already attached to the puzzle. The magnetic pieces aren't the strongest, but we've had no problems with pieces falling or sliding off. All fifty states are included as well as pieces for the great lakes. There's also spaces on the map for portions of Mexico but no pieces. This is a great puzzle for younger kids and a fun way to learn about all 50 states.

Wipe New HDL6PCMTRRT Headlight Restore Kit
Wipe New HDL6PCMTRRT Headlight Restore Kit
Price: $8.60
8 used & new from $8.60

4.0 out of 5 stars It does work but I recommend the wet sanding step even if it says not to, November 24, 2014
Like many others, I've tried several "headlight restoration" compounds and put in a ton of elbow grease but always came away disappointed. After reading the numerous positive reviews for this product, I figured I'd give it a try. I'm glad I did because my headlights look fantastic and like new, at least for now. Time will tell how long it takes them to haze over again, however I don't expect that to happen any time soon and here is why.

The instructions in this kit say to wet your headlights and if they look clear and shiny, there is no need to sand them with the included sanding pad. However, I'm not adverse to work, so I decided to try sanding anyhow because I could actually see the surface haze on the lamps. I used this on an 8-year-old Sienna with moderate haze. Now, don't let the sanding step intimidate you. It is a very fine sanding pad. At 2000 grit, it feels soft to the touch and isn't as course or abrasive as typical sand paper. As As I wet sanded, the watery dirt and grit ran down from the lights and left a lot of noticeable streaking on the vehicle paint. This was even after I had washed the headlights thoroughly beforehand. After roughly twenty minutes of sanding, the lights looked pretty good but still not quite as good dry as wet. However, they looked much better than they did before I sanded. So even though the instructions say there is no need to sand if the lights are clear when wet, I still recommend sanding because I obviously removed a lot of residue and it was definitely more effective than using the polish alone. After thoroughly drying the lights, I applied the polishing compound. The included gloves fit just fine and the pre-moistened cloth was more than enough for both large headlight covers. It says it's good for multiple headlights but given the size of the Sienna's covers and as the towel dried as I used it, I probably could have squeezed in one more vehicle at best. The only tip I can give you about the polishing cloth is to be extremely careful not to allow it to contact the vehicle paint at all. I got a little careless toward the end and accidentally allowed it to touch a tiny sliver of paint along the edge. It stripped the clear coat off instantly. Thankfully, it's only a very tiny sliver that's barely noticeable and once everything dries thoroughly, I plan to wax over it. Just be extremely careful because this stuff is definitely harmful to the finish.

This product works and the only reason I gave it four stars instead of five is because I feel the sanding should be a required step, not an optional one. While trying to decide whether I wanted to purchase this, one of the factors that made me wary was the reviews I read where users said their lenses didn't stay clear long. Some claimed their lenses were only clear for a couple months to as brief as a few weeks. I have a hunch these may be users who didn't wet sand first and simply applied the compound. Given the amount of grime I removed from the sanding, I think simply applying the compound is a temporary cosmetic fix at best. If the underlying dirt and grime is still underneath the polish on the lens, I think the haze will return more quickly. Hey, a perfect example is the very test they suggest to see if you should wet sand. Look how effectively and temporarily water disguises the haze.

Estrelar
Estrelar
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Buttery smooth yet upbeat, November 24, 2014
This review is from: Estrelar (MP3 Music)
I've been a listener of Marcos Valle for quite a while. HYowever, I somehow never heard this cut until hearing it played during a recent television commercial for a popular whiskey brand. The second I heard the breezy airy music and that distinctive voice, I knew exactly who it was. I had to have it and made a beeline to Amazon to order. Absolute must if you're a Valle fan. The album is from the era when disco was popular and it has certain traits of disco but it's classic Valle. I generally listen to him while relaxing or on on vacation, the more exotic the locale the better. His music will literally sweep you away to a calm relaxing happy state of mine.

One Of Us Fell In Love
One Of Us Fell In Love
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good old school love music, November 24, 2014
This review is from: One Of Us Fell In Love (MP3 Music)
I remember this song from the late 80's and had to get it. I know it wasn't one of his better received albums but this one cut is a nice silky smooth love ballad that will help set the romantic mood for any lovely evening. Besides, it brings back fond memories from back when music was good. Like when it actually had a melody and took more than some lab rat who's only "musical genius" is programming drum machines and playing a few synth riffs.

FUEL iON iPhone 5/5s Magnetic Wireless Charging System, Case with Stand - Charges Faster and More Efficiently than Qi Wireless Chargers.
Price: $79.99
7 used & new from $72.31

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice concept but too many trade-offs, November 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The FUEL iON charging stand includes the stand and a case that you slip over your iPhone 5 to enable charging. You attach the case by sliding down a notch at the bottom with a built-in lightning adapter, inserting the iPhone into the case and sliding the notch back up and the lightning adapter into the phone. In addition to providing connectivity to the charging function of the case, the notch helps secure the phone in the case. I tried the case with all three iPhone 5 models: the 5, 5S and 5C. The 5 and 5S fit fine but the 5C did not fit due to slightly different form of the plastic body. The stand includes a micro-USB cable that you can plug into your existing iPhone power cube or a laptop. No actual charger is included with the stand. The phone magnetically sticks to the stand while charging. The phone can rotate 360 degrees while it is attached. Despite the mobility while on the stand, the phone feels attached securely enough that I'm comfortable it won't fall off.

Wireless charging time is roughly the same as charging with a cord. Wireless charging does have its benefits. Many times, I forget to plug in my phone and don't remember until after I'm already in bed after lights out. I try to fumble with the lightning cable in the dark to avoid turning on a light and waking my wife. But it is always a challenge trying to connect the lightning adapter into the port on the bottom of the phone in the dark. With this stand, you simply stick the phone on the stand and that's it.

Although I love this concept, the included case poses a couple problems for me. For one, the case is intended to be an everyday case but it doesn't offer nearly the protection of any of the existing cases it would replace on our phones. I normally use heavy duty cases that offer maximum protection. Everyone in my household uses the same. Some of us need durable cases due to unforgiving working conditions. Others use them for extra protection as an insurance policy against accidental mishaps. This case just doesn't offer nearly the same protection for the screen and against scratches. On this case, screen protection is bare minimum and a little too much metal on both sides is exposed due to gaps for buttons instead of overlays or more precise cut-outs. It actually offers less protection than some inexpensive bumpers. The case also adds just under an inch of extra length to the bottom of the phone to accommodate the notch with the lightning adapter and charging components. This creates a long tunnel to the audio port that makes it virtually impossible to access or use without the included extender plug. So, not only do I have to swap my heavy duty case for the charging case every time I need to charge my phone, but I also need to carry an extender around with me in case I want to plug in an audio cable. That's too many trade-offs for one minor bump in convenience. I hope in the next iteration, more thought is put into the case design so it doesn't sacrifice other advantages like better protection and accessable ports for a little more convenience while charging.

Maidenform Flexees Women's Shapewear Brief Firm Control, Black, Large
Maidenform Flexees Women's Shapewear Brief Firm Control, Black, Large
Price: $18.06
13 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Feels great but sized a bit small, November 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Ordered this for my wife. She was initially concerned that it wouldn't fit after I told her I ordered a large instead of medium. When it arrived, I noticed it seemed just as small, if not smaller, as the medium boy shorts I ordered for her the week before. She agreed and tried it on. Despite being the "wrong size" it fit perfect. The fabric is soft and it looked great after she slid a form fitting dress over top of it. They are really tight, like a girdle, but she says they're comfy.

BISSELL Opticlean Accessory Pack, 59H6
BISSELL Opticlean Accessory Pack, 59H6
Price: $19.99
5 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Product received was NOT as described... It's much BETTER, November 22, 2014
When I ordered this, I noticed it didn't include a replacement HEPA filter. I needed a new HEPA filter because my wife removed the bag from the vacuum and failed to tell me. I subsequently used the vacuum and filled the interior as well as clogged all the filters with debris. I definitely needed replacement pre-motor and HEPA filters, as well as bags. This kit is advertised as including five bags, a pre-motor and post-motor filters. The only place I could find the HEPA filter was directly from Bissell for close to fifteen bucks once standard S&H was included. So luckily after seeing the high cost of replacement, I decided to hold off on ordering a new HEPA filter and decided I'd just try to clean and re-use my existing HEPA filter. When the kit arrived, it included everything as specified except instead of a post-motor filter (which was the least needed filter for me), it included a brand new HEPA filter. That makes this kit a MUCH better bargain because the post motor filter only sells for two bucks while the HEPA filter costs nearly ten before S&H. It's hard enough to find parts for the 42Q8, so a kit that includes these three items is pretty much all you need. The post motor filter is really simply a last line of defense after dust has been filtered already by the pre-motor filter, micro-filtration bags, and HEPA filter. It's also made of foam, making it the easiest filter to wash and re-use. If the HEPA filter is really dirty (as mine was) or damaged, it can really only be replaced. So knowing what this kit includes, I plan to order another ASAP, so I will only need to re-order bags for the foreseeable future and likely over the remaining life of the vacuum which is already two-years old.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20