Profile for J. mulvey > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. mulvey "vbdic" RSS Feed (exton, pa)

Garmin eTrex Vista HCx (010-00630-00)
Garmin eTrex Vista HCx (010-00630-00)
Offered by THEDIRECTSOURCE
Price: $244.00
16 used & new from $119.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great unit for hunters, hikers and nature lovers, January 18, 2011
I have owned three different Etrex starting with the original Yellow unit, then the Etrex Ledgend and this one. All the Etrex have been good units but this one is superb. It holds a lock under dense cover, you can even get a fix indoors most of the time. I really like the compass integration since GPS requires you to move to determine direction of travel the compass provides the initial starting direction. If you have ever tried to find your hunting tree stand in the dark only to be within 15-20 feet and not wanting to be crunching around this unit is for you. Compass working with GPS will take you right to base of tree most times. Again, just about any good GPS will get you in and out of the woods but using this unit eliminates the last 30 feet to the tree problem that plagued the Garmin Ledgend, I used to use. Ledgend was great unit for what it was...You just were forced to start walking in a direction to have it calculate headings and sometimes that was a hassel. Vista eliminates that problem.

Sensor Pouch for Nike+iPod Sport Kit Sensor
Sensor Pouch for Nike+iPod Sport Kit Sensor
Offered by Tune Belt, Inc.
Price: $4.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little pouch, works, simple, January 18, 2011
Product works, holds sensor effectively and allows foot strike to register properly. Not much to add...I like the fact that its portable since I rotate 2-3 pairs of running shoes for on and off road runs.

Garmin Portable Friction Mount
Garmin Portable Friction Mount
Price: Click here to see our price
146 used & new from $11.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Just okay, stays where you put it mostly, January 18, 2011
Friction mount works best on dashes with few contours. My Acura TSX has several curves meeting between center console and instrument cluster that make positioning this unit problematic. It will also move if you like fast transitions or quick starts. I ended up fixing unit with little sticky goo balls purchased at the hardware store. You merely peel a few off and attach to bottom of mount and problem solved. I really disliked have suction cup rings on my windshield and this mount fixes that problem but as designed it could be better.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent gps for the money, January 18, 2011
My forth gps for the car and the best I have used to date. Unit replaces a Garmin 265WT which is no slouch but this unit seems faster searching for addresses and Points of Interest. Line guidance is better than 265WT and 205 which I own in differnt cars. I purchased refurb and it has been perfect to date. Owned approximately 3 months so far.

Toshiba REGZA 46XV645U 46-Inch 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV, Black
Toshiba REGZA 46XV645U 46-Inch 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV, Black
4 used & new from $399.00

3.0 out of 5 stars picture great but sound issues, January 3, 2010
Recieved TV and delivery was great, even carried downstairs and unboxed it, great service. The picture is great but cabinet is not sufficeintly damped to prevent speakers from causing "buzziness" at volume levels above volume level 25%. I tightened all screws on back of cabinet and then applied sound damper sheet used commonly in car audio installations (I had several sheets left over, purchased from parts express) and it seems to have fixed the problem. If you take you hand and pinch the front bezel and the rear black plastic cover together and buzz disappears then try this method of fixing. Initially very upset but only took a few minutes and two sheets of damper cut up and placed across the back of TV case to fix issue. I contacted Toshiba service and they were accomodating and supplied me with local service provider information but I find it disturbing that these issues are present in a new TV from a major manufacturer. I feel that the company knew about this issue because they had me "troubleshoot" by telling me to pinch TV bezel and cover in to find where noise was coming from. TV picture quality, delivery, excellent.....sound issues are fixed so I am very happy but perplexed Toshiba would allow this level of problem out of the factory.