Profile for CS > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

CS RSS Feed

K&H Thermo-Kitty Deluxe Hooded Cat Bed, Large 20-Inch, 4-Watts, Mocha Leopard
K&H Thermo-Kitty Deluxe Hooded Cat Bed, Large 20-Inch, 4-Watts, Mocha Leopard
Price: $57.99
31 used & new from $57.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Elderly cat LOVES this bed, April 7, 2014
I bought this for my 17 year old kitty who is losing weight, so I thought being skinny she'd especially like a heated bed. It took her a few days to get in it (we put her blanket in there to help cover up the "new" smell), but once she found out it was heated - she hasn't left since. She literally gets up to eat and gets right back in. I'm sorry to hear other reviewers commenting the bed is not warm enough - I've felt underneath my kitty when she's in it and it is NICE and toasty. Also, I was a bit concerned because she's not as mobile now that she'd have trouble climbing over the "wall" in front (measures 6.5" high) - but she's doing that just fine. We've only had this bed about a month so too soon to comment on its durability.

Panasonic KX-TG6512B DECT 6.0 PLUS Expandable Digital Cordless Phone System, Black, 2 Handsets
Price: $49.95
43 used & new from $26.69

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST cordless phones I have ever owned, July 3, 2013
I've had these 2 handsets for almost 2 years now and still going strong. The standouts for me are the excellent voice quality, the fact that I can go outside or in the garage way away from the base and still have great voice quality, and the CALL BLOCK that stores 30 numbers! Call block completely rocks - I spend a lot less time yelling at people to take me off their list, I just block their number. It will ring once, sometimes not at all, and that's it. An extra bonus is the "block without number" feature so anyone who calls with no number or name is blocked. Last I checked Verizon wanted $5 a month for call block service and would only let me list 15 numbers. I also love this phone because it has a lot of bells and whistles (like groovy ringtones, great speed dial list) and it all seems intuitive to program, meaning sometimes I can figure it out without consulting the manual. The manual is very clear and understandable though. I also bought a headset for longer calls and with the belt clip (I think came with the phones) I am hands free! I told my mom to buy these phones and she loves them too.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 6, 2013 4:58 AM PDT

717 Men 3.4 Oz Eau Di Toilette Mens Perfume Impression of 212 Men Carolina Herrera
Offered by perfume outlet2
Price: $20.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Not even close, July 23, 2011
I bought this for my husband mainly because the 212 Men he's been wearing for years and years is so expensive, and the "717" cracks me up (Harrisburg, PA) - we thought for $20 we'd give it a whirl. This cologne is not even close to 212 either straight from the bottle or on his skin. It seems to be missing all the deep rich spicy tones, and smells more like a light fruity perfume. It's too bad because the packaging and the bottle is spot on.

Brother TN-115M High Yield Magenta Toner Cartridge Compatible with Brother HL-4040CN, HL-4070CDW Series - Retail Packaging
Price: $92.78
123 used & new from $48.00

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT ORDER BROTHER MAGENTA CARTRIDGES FROM AMAZON, October 28, 2010
I bought this cartridge to replace the exact same item purchased just 6 months and 3400+ copies ago (both from Amazon), because that exact same item decided to leak all over the inside of my printer, and was on all the rollers of all the other colors. All my pages had magenta dots and big splotches along the right margin. I see other reviewers with the same problem with this magenta cartridge. I've purchased all the colors from Amazon more than once with no problems, and they seem to be genuine Brother cartridges, so I'm not sure what the problem is with this magenta cartridge. New one seems to be working fine one week later, but I guess we'll see with time.

**Update** one month after using the new magenta cartridge it too IS LEAKING ALL OVER THE INSIDE OF MY PRINTER. No recourse with Amazon as the return window has just passed - customer service could not guarantee a full refund. What a rip off. Order these from another vendor.
Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2014 4:12 PM PDT

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Costume is not as pictured!, September 30, 2010
What a rip off. This "Lily Munster" wig is entirely black and is missing her 2 signature white stripes. That was half the point of buying the costume. I'm told by the shipper this is not a mistake, that all the wigs with this costume are black only (my dress says it is a Rubies costume). So now I have to figure out how to get white stripes on the wig. The dress is costume quality as I expected -- all in all this package is not worth $40+.

Zheng Gu Shui External Analgesic - Applicator - 3x 3.0 Fl. Oz- (Roll-on/brush Bottle)
Offered by XTREMEK
Price: $24.54
4 used & new from $24.54

5.0 out of 5 stars My magic potion, May 26, 2010
My husband calls this my "zeng gooey shooey." I call it my magic potion for knee pain for a 20-year old injury. It was recommended to me by my acupuncturist, who diagnosed me with "blood stagnation" and "inflammation." I looked up the "magic herbs" in this product and it seems they do address these problems. As other reviewers stated it's basically camphor and menthol with some herbs thrown in. It's what I would consider the Chinese version of Icy/Hot only it works way better. Please note it is NOT a lotion like hand cream, it's a liquid, and as far as I can tell is not available in a hand cream like formula. This makes application tough because this stuff is brown and WILL STAIN clothing. This applicator bottle, however, makes it a much cleaner process.

The "applicator" bottle is NOT a roll on nor does it come with an applicator or brush as I've seen advertised. It is a squeeze bottle with a small hole at the top which at least enables you to control the flow of the liquid way better than the non-applicator 3.4 oz bottle. When I first tried this liquid I had the non-applicator 3.4 oz bottle and the liquid was going all over the place. Trying it on my lower back was not an option with the first bottle but is possible with the applicator bottle.

Also if you are applying it with your bare hands be sure to wash your hands immediately after applying otherwise your application hand will be icy/hot too!

Technical Analysis For Dummies
Technical Analysis For Dummies
by Barbara Rockefeller
130 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly comprehensive - I highly recommend for beginners, October 24, 2009
I am not new to investing but am a beginner in day trading, technical analysis and the forex market. Now I've read several books on those subjects. I read Day Trading for Dummies which was OK, basic, and kind of what I expected. TA for Dummies was more than I expected for a Dummies book. It covers loads of the important indicators, is well-written and easy to follow, and offers lots of clear, understandable charts that illustrate the point well. I know these technical indicators are complicated and there is much more to each of them, but I agree with other reviewers - if you are a beginner trying to learn technical analysis, this is an excellent place to start!

The FX Bootcamp Guide to Strategic and Tactical Forex Trading
The FX Bootcamp Guide to Strategic and Tactical Forex Trading
by Wayne McDonell
64 used & new from $26.95

1.0 out of 5 stars A bad book on trading, October 23, 2009
I'm not new to investing but am a beginner learning day trading and the forex market. I've read several books before this one and have learned quite a bit. This book, however, glosses over important, complicated indicators like Fibonacci retracements and pivot points. My biggest beef with this book are the graphics. The charts are small, dark, unreadable and generally unlabeled. Not useful for illustrating any points. My favorite is the candlestick section where he refers to green and red bars in the chart shown -- which is black and white ("in Figure 12.1 the first candle would be red."). The content jumps around between fundamentals, psychology and technical analysis so it's hard to follow. There are many typos and grammatical errors in this book. On one page describing stochastic oscillators, he says "The bottom line is placed at the 25 percent level. The bottom line is placed at the 75 percent level." I think he means the TOP line is placed at the 75 percent level. These kind of mistakes confuse beginners!!

Brother HL-4040cn Color Laser Printer with Built-in Network Interface
Brother HL-4040cn Color Laser Printer with Built-in Network Interface
5 used & new from $199.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Overall a good color printer, June 9, 2009
I bought this at Staples but since I rely so heavily on Amazon reviews I thought I'd submit here. I've had this machine 2 months, and it replaced an old HP LaserJet 5 black and white printer. I use it in a small office, and I'm the only user so I don't require that much of it.

Pros:
1. fast printing, even in color.
2. I read about paper curling in other reviews - the paper does curl slightly on output, but not enough to be a problem. I attribute that to heat and the curl dissipates quickly.
3. easy to set up for someone who's not the most tech savvy
4. colors are fairly accurate, although it took a phone call to Brother support to find out how to adjust the settings.

Cons:
1. NOISY when starting up and printing, way noisier than my HP LaserJet 5. Thank goodness it's mostly on sleep mode.
2. this machine is far too heavy - maybe that's what you need for a quality product though, I don't know. Most color printers I looked at were 60-70 lbs so I guess that's the norm.
3. Brother thinks I have easy access to all sides of this printer in my office - I do not. The on/off switch is on the right side toward the bottom/back of printer which is somewhat of a challenge each day. Also - I frequently have to open the back panel which is even more difficult (see #4)
4. to print an envelope without heat-sealed wrinkles, the solution as per the manual is opening the back panel and pushing down 2 gray tabs and closing the panel again (which has to be reversed for regular printing). It solves the problem but is a pain each time I have to print an envelope! And, the gray tabs don't seem that sturdy for constantly pushing up and down.

AT&T 993 2-Line Phone w/Caller ID Charcoal
AT&T 993 2-Line Phone w/Caller ID Charcoal
Offered by Priority Sales Inc
Price: $60.99
35 used & new from $29.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this phone!, June 9, 2009
This phone replaced a very old similar-style AT&T phone in our house that decided it wasn't going to play nice with our new Verizon FIOS service (high pitched static). I needed a good quality main phone with speed dial, caller ID and speaker phone for home use. The 993 phone is much better quality than I expected - they make things so cheaply these days so I was surprised. It's a good sturdy phone that's got a good weight to it. It was easy to set up and the manual was easy to follow. I like the big number buttons. Sound quality is good and speaker phone seems to work just fine. Caller ID box is bright and easy to read (you do have to get somewhat close to it). Scrolling through the call history is easy enough. We are using this phone with only ONE LINE even though it is a two line phone - and this wasn't a problem (I checked the online manual first to make sure it would work that way). I did a lot of research before deciding on the 993 - I am very happy with my purchase!