Profile for Michael Boucher > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael Boucher RSS Feed (Los Angeles, CA USA)

Temple Run
Temple Run
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars coin chaser, June 21, 2012
This review is from: Temple Run (App)
fun simple game that may have more secrets to show me. I have played for about one week and am toward the end of the objectives, struggling with the last few. I'm slightly bored now, bit enjoyed it overall.

iSi 2248 Soda Siphon, Brushed Aluminum, 1 Liter
iSi 2248 Soda Siphon, Brushed Aluminum, 1 Liter
Price: $50.45
29 used & new from $27.99

4.0 out of 5 stars satisfied, but could be better, May 10, 2010
I'm a first-time user of a soda siphon, and I am happy with the product. Following the reviewers' advice, I keep my water and siphon chilled in the refrigerator before filling the siphon, I carefully screw the lid on to ensure a tight seal, and after releasing the CO2 into the siphon, I shake the siphon vigorously about 10-30 times. I am very happy the quality of the carbonated water that comes out. However, I haven't really experimented with this approach, so I don't know if you have to do that. The one "experiment" occurred when I didn't screw the lid on tightly, and a good amount of water sprayed out while I released the CO2 into the container.

Some complaints:

I wish it were larger. My girlfriend and I refill it every day or two, because we like to drink it so much.

It uses plastic lining and tubing, and part of the impetus to buy this product was to reduce my exposure to plastics in my food and drink. (I'm still reducing my use of plastic bottles, which I like).

I don't know how to clean the plastic lining. My girlfriend says I am not supposed to take out the plastic lining, the instruction manual seemed to suggest that I could take out the lining. I tend to not care that much about germs, but I wonder if I should sticking the siphon the dishwasher, or washing it out with soap, and if so, how often.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 28, 2011 12:42 PM PST

iSi 10-Pack Soda Chargers, Gold
iSi 10-Pack Soda Chargers, Gold
Price: $13.99
21 used & new from $7.95

4.0 out of 5 stars quality product, slightly expensive, May 10, 2010
This is my first time using CO2 cartridges for carbonated water, and I have been happy with them. Like other reviewers have said, I don't get as many bubbles with this product as with store-bought carbonated water. But, I have been happy with the amount and the taste. I am thinking about buying another brand at a cheaper price, because at $1/liter, it isn't cheaper than store-bought soda (but it is healthier than soda, and cheaper than the store-bought carbonated water we buy). One advantage of this product over other CO2 cartridges sold on Amazon is that this product qualifies for free shipping, so depending on how you order, this may end being less expensive. I haven't done the math yet, and importantly, I haven't tried other products to compare it to for quality and taste.