Industrial Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals TheGoodDinosaur Shop Now Tikes
Profile for Reggie L. Mattocks > Reviews

Reggie L. Mattocks' Profile

Customer Reviews: 64

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Reggie L. Mattocks RSS Feed (Upper Marlboro, MD)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
HTC Inspire 4G Android Phone, Black (AT&T)
HTC Inspire 4G Android Phone, Black (AT&T)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, March 15, 2011
This has to be the coolest phone I've had to date. I upgraded from the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 to this phone. Although I was absolutely in love with the Xperia, there were some troubling issues with their Timescape function that drove me crazy. With this Inspire, there is nothing this phone cannot do, and do well. I'm no techno scientist when it comes to cellphones by any means so this is definitely coming from an amateur as I don't really get swayed by cell phone hoopla and usually keep phones for years before upgrading but this was worth it. The reason why I couldn't give it 5 stars is simply because, AT&T. Customer service wise, they have proven to be worse than any provider I've ever had (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint). This phone hasn't been out very long at all and as of today, three of my local AT&T stores still have not been able to acquire the screen covers for this phone, nor the extend a life batteries which will be sorely needed because this phone eats up a lot of juice. Way more than my Xperia ever did. I'm charging this phone every single night since I've had it. That's the only downside to this phone you'll definitely need the car charger, and the USB cables that come with it and have them available for use in each place. Lastly, I had to make AT&T provide me a bluetooth comparable to the one's they were giving away with the bundle pkg that was 169.99 because again, THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY. Who sells new phones without any accessories people want (Case covers, extend a life batteries, screen protectors, etc)? If I have to order these things from Amazon.Com I might as well had bought the phone from Amazon as well. Hope Verizon's version of this phone (The Thunder I think) and Sprint's version (The EVO 4G) offers better customer satisfaction than AT&T SMH. Anyhow overall, the pros far exceed the cons of this product. But be warned, if you are a heavy data user and a heavy phone user, get the extend a life battery being sold on here for 34.99. I plan to as of this writing. It may help to find an unlimited data plan with this phone as well as you'll get addicted to downloading and running Android apps like I have. Good job HTC.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright, Nothing Spectacular, September 9, 2009
I had high hopes for this CD as really the rap game right now is lacking in any substance at all. The newcomers are autotuned hoes, and the old schoolers trying to comeback with the current sound that's hot, don't sound good at all. So thinking Jay, with still the illest flow there is could at least summon up a 4 star album came a lil short. Especially after rocking DOA all summer I really thought Jay was gonna put a lid on the newcomers the rest of the year. However, the second half of this album is what killed it for me. The first three tracks, What You Talking About, Thank You and of course D.O.A. set the joint off on fire and you think dang, this joint may be hotter than the original Blueprint but then We Run This Town w/Rihanna and Kanye disappoints greatly and you start thinking time to put the brakes on original Blueprint greatness. Then he teases you with the next track Empire State of Mind w/Alicia Keys which is bangin and As Real As It Gets w/Jeezy which is listenable and decent and then the Swizz Beats produced On To The Next One, which surprisingly is my favorite track on the joint along with What You Talking About. I've never been a big Swizz Beats guy even with all the work he did with DMX. I just thought his beats were nothing special,plain and lazy so to speak but that On To The Next One track is flaming and Jay kills it completely in typical Jay fashion. and you say okay, they are all entitled to one or two fillers which ain't good but just completes the album, and this joint is smashing. Then comes the second half of the joint which just flat out disappoints from a production standpoint. Off that with Drake is garbage pure and simple it's a pop tune flat out and isn't even Jay's style. A Star Is Born is a pop joint as well and is only listenable a couple of times until the hook drives you insane. Venus vs Mars, though the track is bangin really is a weak joint Jay simply could have left off the album, Already Home is a nice bouncey track with a nice flow from Jay. However, doesn't that track reminds you of Yolanda Adams song "Victory". When I first heard it come on that's who I thought he got the track from cuz the music sounds eerily similar to the YO Adams song. Hate w/Kanye West is a terribly waste of studio time. You'd think Kanye would have presented something better for Jay to flow too and you'd think Jay would have requested something better. We ain't haters, we just hate wack tracks and Hate is one of them. Reminder is just a filler track cuz It definitely ain't nothing releasing as a single. So ambitious with Pharell is okay track and a head nodder. Forever Young purely simply is the worst track Jay-Z has ever put on a recording plain and simple. Overall, it's a good CD, but we haven't come to expect good from a dude primipin himself as the best out there and the best whoever did it. Maybe if PAC and BIG were still alive, Jay could stay focused on the task at hand instead of just making albums because of lack of competition on the mic.

Knowing [Blu-ray]
Knowing [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Nicolas Cage
Offered by Park Slope Outlet
Price: $8.06
103 used & new from $1.05

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Great, But stays with the cliche'd Sci-Fi Playbook, July 8, 2009
This review is from: Knowing [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I had given up on buying anything Nicolas Cage worthy after that disastrous remake of Wicker Man which should have buried his career. Well, I did sort of enjoy Lords of War and Bangkok Dangerous but nonetheless when I saw previews for this movie I wasn't going for it. That is until I bought my Bluray Player. So, I got hoodwinked by technology into buying this movie. Though I must say that my expectations were Sarah Palin low for this movie and all I was hoping for at best was some great special effects and on the latter I was proved a prophet and on the former, the movie wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Overly cliche'd and predictable, of course. You knew what would happen pretty much going in but the fact of the special effects with the plane crash scene, the train crash, at the end when the mystery men are actually aliens, and the apocalyptic ending is absolutely stunning on Bluray along with the surround sound. This isn't in no way going to make us forget about other way better apocolyptic movies in the past, but this holds its own as a decent sci-fi thriller. If Bluray has done anything it's taken an average movie with great special effects and made it enjoyable to watch.

Bolt (Three-Disc Edition w/ Standard DVD + Digital Copy + BD Live) [Blu-ray]
Bolt (Three-Disc Edition w/ Standard DVD + Digital Copy + BD Live) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ John Travolta
Offered by amazingwildcat
Price: $20.99
43 used & new from $4.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Blu Ray Version Crappy, June 18, 2009
I love this movie and my 2 year old now has to see this everyday when she comes home from daycare. Unfortunately, after two firmware upgrades since I bought my Panasonic DMPBD80 the first week of April, I've only been able to play this movie only a handful of times because the player won't read it. I've had no problems at all with any of my Blu Ray movies except for this particular one. Even after having to suffer through the previews like the previous few times before, the movie won't even load up. Again, I've updated the firmware twice now and this movie refuses to play. I am forced to have to purchase another Blu Ray copy of this. Despite the glitch it was still a very funny and entertaining movie. Again, Blu Ray technology for all it's wonders still has a lot of kinks to work out.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 6, 2009 1:19 AM PDT

Panasonic DMP-BD80 High Clarity Audio Blu-ray Disc Player, Black
Panasonic DMP-BD80 High Clarity Audio Blu-ray Disc Player, Black
2 used & new from $120.82

4.0 out of 5 stars Simply Amazing Picture and Sound, April 10, 2009
All I have to say is that on the surface, Blu Ray picture and sound is definitely all it's cracked up to be and then some. I still have my first generation Sony XBR 1080i I bought in 2006 with 2 HDMI outputs and I must say with this player via HDMI (Monster Ultra High Speed 1000)I can really really tell the difference. I used used the same Monster cable and hooked it up to my DirecTV box, and I must admit as a skeptic of HDMI fraud, it definitely gave me a slightly clearer picture than the hdmi cable they provided me when I got the new HD Box a couple of months ago. I have only tested a few regular standard DVD's on it (The Dark Knight, Constantine, Underworld 2 and Day After Tomorrow) and the picture and sound seemed more enhanced and clearer than on my old regular DVD player. However, Constatine in some scenes seemed a bit grainy and overenhance a bit but still enjoyed it better than on my original dvd player. The frozen scenes on the Day After Tomorrow were spectacular.

I've only had this model since April 2 so I haven't even begun getting into the BD-Live and hooking it up to the internet as of yet. However, I specifically bought Quantum of Solace, Bolt, Wall-E, Night at Museuem and Kingdom of Heaven and I must say the picture is breathtaking. The sound is so clear and crisp I had to turn down the normal volume I usually have my 5.1 surround sound receiver at down several several notches. I don't have a fancy receiver with hdmi ouput, just used a digital coaxial cable and connected to the back of the bluray player along with hdmi for the stunning picture. I can only imagine what it would look like on a newer 1080p t.v. if there is really that much of a difference than the quality I see now. However, i noticed something about the audio connections or maybe I have it wrong. For some reason it seemed like the sound from the player was slightly louder and when I had audio cables as compared to the digital coaxial cable i'm currently using which seems to be much clearer but compressed. Maybe it's me I don't know i'm still new at this blu ray thing.

The load up times is really really slow. Though this model has a feature for quickload which is actually slightly faster but be prepared to wait a while. It's a bluray disc with way more content stored so what are you gonna do. By now you'd think they'd work this kink out of Blu Ray after 3 years.

Of course you can't stop and pick up where you left off. Why, Why has this not been fixed yet. You'll just have to remember where you left at by hitting the status button to show you the chapter it's currently at or I think there is a bookmark feature but it hasn't worked for me as of yet.

The remote looks sort of cheesy and I wish it could have been a universal style remote to allow you work more than one different brand of component (I'll just buy a Logitech Universal to cure this problem).

If you accidently choose 1080p as your source for your television and you only have a 1080i (which i found out the hard way as the idiot from Tweeter conned me into thinking my televsion would be able to deliver 1080p via some de-interlacing of some sort and suprise, it doesn't) you will not only lose your picture and won't get a signal but only audio, in order for me to get the signal back I had to disconnect the hdmi plug from both the t.v. and bluray unit and reconnect them and restart the machine all over again. Of course the instruction booklet didn't tell you this in the troubleshooting section.

Other than that, I'm really quite happy with the player. Looking forward to getting the "The Day The Earth Stood Still". I know it was a crappy movie but the special effects was awesome and i can only imagine how good it would look on my big screen. It think the Blu Ray is going for 16.99 on Amazon at last check and you even get the orignal version of the movie included. Can't beat that no matter how bad the movie is. Can't wait for Underworld 3 in Blu Ray.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 10, 2009 4:57 PM PST

DVD ~ Mickey Rourke
Price: $9.16
46 used & new from $4.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Still Not Bad After 12 years, January 31, 2009
This review is from: Bullet (DVD)
I had bought this movie originally a couple of years after PAC was killed and I enjoyed it a lot. Looking at it again this evening on the IFC channel on cable, the one thing that stood out now as compared to watching it back then was the stars who were in this movie and how they've blown up since. We all know PAC was on the verge of blowing up movie wise before his death. Mickey was always Mickey and he kind of crashed and burned after this one but now has risen like a Phoenix back on the scene as an Oscar contender in "The Wrestler". Oscar worthy? Talented as hell yes, but Oscar and Mickey Rourke in the same sentence who'd a thought it. Adrien Brody has blown up nicely since as well winning an Oscar in the "Pianist" in 2002. Who can forget Ted Levine as Buffalo Bill in the original Silence of the Lambs and his appearance in the crime thriller Heat. Donnie Wahlberg as "Big Balls" in this movie and of course Michael K. Williams aka Omar Little from HBO's The Wire as Hi Top. Watching this movie again after all these years, with a little better directing and scriptwriting and with this talented cast, this film had potential to be a classic urban flick. But we all gotta start somewhere. Still a good collector's item flick for PAC fans and fans of hood movies.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Should Have Kept The HZ 519 Model, January 14, 2009
I was forced to use this current model for my refinished basement after my reliable HZ 519 model finally conked out on me after 6 years of reliabiity. This current replacement I must say is a huge, huge disappointment for large rooms because it doesn't heat anything of size. Even with the quick heat setting, unless you are right in front of it, you will find yourself mad. Even putting it in the kitchen as small as it was didn't generate nearly the heat as the white HZ 519 model did. That was the only space heater I have ever purchased that would warm my entire basement and I would have to turn off because it made the room too warm for comfort for me and the dogs on the highest settings. Even before I put a storm door and new steel entry door on the basement entrace, this heater was still able to warm that area despite the extreme draftiness an allowance of unblocked air from my old worn out entry door. This current model I bought last year as a backup/use for my toddlers room as a table top heater that she couldn't get to still doesn't heat her tiny room as much as it should. Now that temps have dipped into the 20's, I am really missing my HZ 519 model to the point I am going to order one online from whatever retailer may have one in stock. Unless you are heating up a small den or even a tiny bathroom without a regular vent for heat to blow into, i just think this model here is a waste of time and money. Find the white HZ 519 model. you will never be disappointed with that one and you won't have any need to turn up the thermostat past 75 degrees.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 25, 2009 6:50 PM PST

Price: $9.79
49 used & new from $3.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing Different Than Before, January 7, 2009
This review is from: Energy (Audio CD)
I used to be a diehard Fourplay fan but once Lee Rittenhour left the group in 1998 and was replaced by Larry Carlton, they just haven't done it for me. Every album they released after Rittenhour garnered a couple of singles here and there off each album but their sound hasn't been as crisp since Carlton replaced Rittenhour. There just is no comparison between the two. Rittenhour is light years on another level than Carlton is on guitar and it shows in their sound. You can do better than this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2009 7:06 AM PDT

Price: $15.76
27 used & new from $3.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Absoulely On Top of His Game, January 7, 2009
This review is from: Flipside (Audio CD)
The more that real, good jazz seems to disappear from standard radio format onto cable and satellite radio, it is refreshing to know that Jeff Lorber refuses to sell out to that typical watered down garbage they are passing off as contemporary Jazz. The one thing about Lorber I always loved is that he can make the keys of a piano just dance through the speakers. It's very few keyboardists I've heard in today's contemporary Jazz world outside of George Duke, Alex Bugnon, Marcus Johnson, Kevin Toney and Brian Culbertson who does more with keys than Jeff Lorber. And the good part for us diehard fans is that he is terribly underrated, underplayed but yet ridiculously consistent from album to album. This album is great top to bottom and unusual for me when dealing with Jazz is that I love his uptempo cuts on this album better than the soft cuts. I usually love the slow down candlelight jazz after a hard days work or to relieve stress from dealing with the kids but I find myself playing not only this CD but his "He Had A Hat" in the car as much as I do my hip hop to nod my head to. The man is just plain consistent and I hope he continues to resist the urge to make watered down jazz just to get play on the minimal mainstream jazz stations that's left.

Belly 2: Millionaire Boyz Club
Belly 2: Millionaire Boyz Club
DVD ~ Shari Headley
Price: $9.99
54 used & new from $1.40

3.0 out of 5 stars Belly 2: Live From Compton, November 15, 2008
If the first Belly gave you an East Coast flavor with interesting characters and storyline then Belly 2 gives you a waay too laid back West Coast Cali flavor with dumbed down characters. Though compared to the East Coast, the West Coast is totally a different world and very very laid back and not as helter skelter as out east so some may find this movie laid back and boring. The acting is subpar, which is sort of surprising considering that Michael K. Williams (Omar from the Wire) and Felicia Pearson (Snoop from the Wire) is either co-starring or making a cameo in this movie. The Game won't be confused as a great actor. Novice at best but the fact they do have some decent actors and actresses in this film who are terrible. I don't know per se if it's them or the director or the screenwriters, this movie basically turned into an overglorified State Property. However, it wasn't all bad and I've seen a lot worse hood flicks than this. However, for those hyped off the first belly because of the energy DMX brought to the first one will be sadly disappointed by this one with Game's lack of energy and the director's lack of creativity with the characters. But again, it's watchable with the homies over some brew and wings.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7