Profile for Sofia > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sofia RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Devil's Attorney
Devil's Attorney
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this game, November 4, 2014
This review is from: Devil's Attorney (App)
I loved this game. It is true that is pretty easy and might not be what you expect out of it.

In this game you play as Max, an attorney that defends all kinds of "unique" individuals. Before each case you have a brief summary of the crime your client allegedly committed and what he says that really happened. Those little paragraphs are amazing. One of the cases for example is about a man that was caught walking around naked and said he was from the future and his drawing looks a lot like the Terminator. You also have a short banter that happens between Max and the respective defense attorney (the voice acting in these is great), and the dialogs are cohesive and keep progressing throughout the whole game, giving you the sense that time is actually passing. The dialog that Max had with attorney A will affect what attorney B says. The one thing is that you have no control over these dialogs, but are extremely fun to watch.

The gameplay itself is very simple, it plays a lot like a turn based rpg or card game (like Magic the gathering). You are given a certain amount of action points and a set of skill you can use. Your opponent has a group of witnesses, evidence, and random skills that will damage your case. If your case strength goes down to 0 you lose the case and have to try again. This game is very forgiving in the sense that losing a case will not really harm you at all. You can try again and again until you get it right, and even if it is your 10th time trying, you will still be able to get the bonus if you finish it within a certain amount of turns. Even with that the game is very entertaining, the story is light hearted and fun and will keep you busy for a little while.

To enjoy this game to the fullest I would recommend you read the little paragraphs before each case and listen to the banter between attorneys. You do have multiple difficulties and different endings that make for great replay value.

The graphics, voice acting, and fun gameplay make it most definitely worth its price of $1.99.

The Wolf Among Us
The Wolf Among Us

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle fire HD first gen., June 16, 2014
This review is from: The Wolf Among Us (App)
I played through this game on my Kindle fire HD and my PC. I have to say I like the "combat" parts better on the Kindle. I haven't had any blacking out issues that other people talk about. My only problem is that the Kindle HD first gen is a little slow to play this game so sometimes it gets a little choppy. I missed on a couple dialog choices because of this but other than that it played through the whole story just fine.

Real Einstein Riddle
Real Einstein Riddle

4.0 out of 5 stars Used to be 5 stars., April 26, 2014
This review is from: Real Einstein Riddle (App)
This game is pretty good. It is a logic based game where you use the hints given in order to complete a grid with information. Something along the lines of: the girl has a dog, the dog owner likes flowers. So you know that the girl likes flowers.
It has 4 difficulty levels, with 50 puzzles each. The easy levels take me barely over a minute to complete. They are merely as long as it takes you to go through the puzzle. The medium levels are ok. What makes them longer than easy is simply that they have more hints to go through. Hard levels are more satisfying. They are still pretty quick to complete in general but take some thinking (I think they take about 8 minutes each). The best ones are the Extreme ones. The trick to them is choosing the right data to begin but it's easier said than done. Some of them take me 45 minutes some a couple hours. I have a few that even took me like 12 hours to finish until I finally decided to use pen and paper to help with all the info I had.
As an other person said, the things I would improve are a back button and a way for all rows/columns to have an item removed after you place it somewhere, but that is not why I gave it 4 stars.
As of a recent update this game will interrupt your playing with full screen ads. I know it is a pretty good game and needs ads or to charge but the game interruption with a full screen ad is a little too annoying. Specially when the ad is one of those fake pop up messages. I am torn about removing even more stars.

SuperTrains free
SuperTrains free

3.0 out of 5 stars Good app with a little too many ads., June 5, 2013
This review is from: SuperTrains free (App)
I got this app for my 18 month old, who is obsessed with trains. The trains look really nice and so do the tracks. He loves to watch the trains ride around. Unfortunately, this app has pretty big ads for their other apps in the menus. (The area to click to purchase their other apps is bigger than the level selection). My son who is dexterous enough to go back and forth in the menus ends up in the app store for their other products all the time.
I advise double checking that you have in app purchases disabled (not just parental controls) if you have a young kid playing with this. My son purchased their other apps like this.

Nutella Hazelnut Spread, 13-Ounce Plastic Jar (Pack of 5)
Nutella Hazelnut Spread, 13-Ounce Plastic Jar (Pack of 5)
Offered by Special Supply
Price: $23.06
22 used & new from $13.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, but look for it at your grocery store first., May 13, 2013
I absolutely love this product. Nutella is one of my weaknesses. I used to eat this in Argentina and when I moved to the US I missed it so much I looked for it everywhere. After a few years, Nutella has become more readily available in grocery stores and buying it through Amazon is no longer necessary. Right now, buying it at a grocery store is about $1 a container cheaper, so I would seriously advise people to check their local stores first.

I have to say, Nutella here does taste a lot sweeter than it did back home, and it tastes more like chocolate than hazelnut but it is still really yummy.

For the people who have never had this:

This is a very sweet hazelnut and chocolate spread. It tastes a lot like chocolate, but there are definitely hints of hazel nut to it. If you like sweet milk chocolate, I would almost guarantee you will like this. If you are more of a salty food kind of person, or like sweet things but not extremely so, find a way to try it first.
If you compare it with Almond butter (the one I have handy right now) you will find that the sugar only adds about 20 calories a serving, not as much as some people might fear. And if you have a child that hates breakfast, you should try giving them this one whole grain toast or waffles. The flavor of whole grain combines really well with the flavor of nutella, and I prefer it like this than with white toast. So it could end up being a really good breakfast treat. It has a lot less sodium than Almond butter, but also only 1/3 of the protein it. I wouldn't really recommend it as a significant source of protein. If you are looking at it as a substitute for Peanut butter or Almond butter, this is more about the fact that it will make your kid (or yourself) eat other stuff that is healthy by making things like whole grain yummy, than a good source of protein that could support you or your child as breakfast on its own.

The options on what to put this on are endless and there are TONS of recipes out there with it, check them out. My husband made some smores with this instead of chocolate and they were AMAZING!.

Step2  Neat & Tidy Cottage
Step2 Neat & Tidy Cottage
Offered by Wayfair
Price: $180.99
23 used & new from $146.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely adorable cottage with a sligtly painful assembly., May 13, 2013
This review is from: Step2 Neat & Tidy Cottage (Toy)
This product is really good for the price. But I do advise you to shop around for the best price, since while I was looking for little houses of this style, the prices fluctuated a lot from day to day and also from store to store. When I purchased this, Amazon had the best price overall and had Prime shipping, making it the best option for me, but ToysRUs and Walmart both offer this and other cottages for similar and some times even better prices.

The size of the product was something that I was slightly concerned about, my son is tall for his age (33" at his 12 month check up) and we are expecting our second one, so I was hoping I could get a little play house that later on he could share with his sister, but also one that he could walk into without him having to be crouching. Luckily this little house is a really good size, specially for the price, since these type of products increase in price A LOT based on the size. As soon as I bought it he could walk in the door and had a good couple inches from the door frame to his head. Also the roof is a lot taller than the door frame, so even if he had to duck to walk in he will be able to fit inside standing up for a couple years I think.
Inside there is plenty of room for him to hang out, there are two little seats and a little "kitchen" table where I put his sippy cup and such sometimes (more on this little table later). I can fit in there with him and we have room, not much, but enough to play some tho not really enough to move around (I am 5'7" and pregnant).

The door bell sounds like the typical house doorbell and I find it pretty cute, specially when my husband tells my song "ding dong" and he will go and ring it himself. (This is the only thing in the house that makes sound)

The little phone it comes with doesn't make anything special and it is just a plastic with a sticker looking like a phone, it hangs on a spot on one of the columns of the house. The issue with it, at least for me, is that is not really attached to the house at all, so about a week after we got the house the phone disappeared and I am not quite sure where it is now.

The windows and openings on the house are big and allow for you to be able to see everything that goes on inside the house. My son uses the side openings to exit the house by half climbing on top of the little kitchen table and hanging his feet off to the side. He is tall enough where he can easily do this without risking getting hurt so it doesn't bother me much, but it might be something to keep in mind while house shopping, depending on what your child is like.

The kitchen table is my biggest problem with the house once set up. The way it is attached to the house it ends up looking extremely flimsy and I fully expect it to come off the house in the future. There is only one screw holding this down, and even tho it would seem like the side of the house is supposed to hold it down, it really doesn't, it just gives too much.

Assembly wasn't exactly difficult, since the instructions where easy to follow but it was definitely painful to set up. This can easily be put together by just 1 person, I was even able to do it while being 5 months pregnant. But there are is one major problem, there is no pre-drilled holes, or even a little weaker area to put the screw through, which I guess is good keeping it in place after you screw it in, but makes it extremely difficult to screw anything in place. You have to use all your strength to try to pierce the plastic with the screws and in more than one ocassion the screw slid to the side and pierced through my finger instead of the plastic. When you start putting it together it really seems like it will end up being very wobbly and it kinda feels like that until you put the roof down at the very end. Once fully assembled tho, it is very sturdy. One small problem is that since you pretty much make the holes for the screws as you go, it is a get it right or be stuck like this kind of deal. In my case, after tightening everything the door doesn't close all the way unless you put some force into it. But it is not that bad.

Overall I am very satisfied with this house, the size, the style, price, and look of the finished product. If I could improve anything it would be the assembly and the way the table is attached to the house, but so far it has been great and I am sure it will last for a few years without problems.

Fisher-Price Stay 'n Play Travel Pals Helicopter
Fisher-Price Stay 'n Play Travel Pals Helicopter
Offered by Galactic Deals, LLC
Price: $15.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks great but keeps falling off the stroller., June 25, 2012
I like this product and so does my baby, it looks cute and attracts my baby's attention. Unfortunately it doesn't stay where you stick it. I have tried everything and it keeps falling off. I put it on the stroller when we go out shopping and I have had to chase for this toy all over the place since it keeps falling off and rolling away when there is the slightest bump or my baby touches it! (which kind of defeats the point of having it).

Pros:
Cute
Baby likes it

Cons:
Keeps falling off the stroller.
Not much to it, can get much better for the same price.

Durgol Universal Express Multipurpose Decalcifier, 16.9 Fluid Ounce Bottle
Durgol Universal Express Multipurpose Decalcifier, 16.9 Fluid Ounce Bottle
Price: $14.95
9 used & new from $10.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Only 2 uses per bottle., June 23, 2012
I used this product to clean my coffee maker. I really didn't see much of a difference after using it but honestly my coffee maker didn't seem to have much calcification to clean. The good thing is that after using it there was no after taste or weird smell like happens with some product.

One thing that I think is worth noting is that with this bottle size you can only clean a coffee maker twice. Which was less than I expected.

Kamenstein Revolving Spice Rack with 16 Filled Jars
Kamenstein Revolving Spice Rack with 16 Filled Jars

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this product - Review after 3 years of having it., June 23, 2012
Unlike other reviews my product arrived in one piece. I love how this product looks. It rotates smoothly and has a nice selection of spices.

It came with: Basil, Bay leaves, Celery Salt, Dill Weed, Caraway seed, Coriander, Crushed mint, Italian seasoning, Marjoram, Mustard Seed, Oregano, Parsley, Pizza seasoning, Rosemary, Savory and Thyme. I like that it came with spices that I was familiared with and some that I had never had before because I ended up liking all them a lot.

The jars themselves are made of glass with plastic lids, they are pretty sturdy and keep the herbs I have fresh. But the best part by far is the rack itself. I've had it for 3 years now and it still looks great and rotates smoothly. I've had no issues with it, great value for its price.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 26, 2012 7:04 AM PDT

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Rejuvenator, The Anti-Aging Power Treatment Kit
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Rejuvenator, The Anti-Aging Power Treatment Kit
Offered by Mr. Medical
Price: $28.47
9 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My skin feels softer after every use., May 15, 2012
I've had this product for a few years now and I love it. I originally bought it to clean my pores and I must admit it does not do that as efficiently as I hoped for but it makes my skin feel amazing.

I am originally from Argentina and after moving to the USA my skin didn't seem to agre, with the water here. My skin started feeling rough and dry and even a little itchy. The first time I tried this product I was in love. My skin felt so good I couldn't stop touching it, it was soft and silky, my break outs stopped along with the roughness and itching. I do understand tho that this might be too much for very delicate skin. The exfoliating pads can easily irritate you if your skin is delicate. However, for my skin they are perfect.

I highly recommend this product for someone looking for something to exfoliate and soften your skin. It did make my skin feel firmer, but I'm 28 and I know that that result is not always obteined, so I wont recommend it for that.

Page: 1 | 2