Profile for Cynthia A. Gardner > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 25

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cynthia A. Gardner RSS Feed (Wichita, Kansas USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Brass Deluxe Pull-apart Key Ring
Brass Deluxe Pull-apart Key Ring
Offered by Prime SuperStore
Price: $5.94
3 used & new from $3.95

1.0 out of 5 stars JUNK JUNK JUNK!, December 5, 2013
This review is from: Brass Deluxe Pull-apart Key Ring
Junk! It broke the third time that I used it. It is supposed to come apart and then connect back together. I had one that was actual brass. If you read the fine print, this one says that it is brass colored or gold colored.

Bookchair Deluxe Standard -blue
Bookchair Deluxe Standard -blue
by Bookchair Company Lt
Edition: Accessory
24 used & new from $23.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, December 5, 2013
Works well, however every so often the screws need to be tightened on the two pieces of wood that hold the pages open. It folds for storage and is lightweight. I bought my first one from the college bookstore and this one for a former college professor from amazon.

OurPets WonderBowl Selective Pet Feeder
OurPets WonderBowl Selective Pet Feeder
Price: $50.32
11 used & new from $38.00

1.0 out of 5 stars JUNK, June 25, 2013
This is a horrible product! I had read the negative reviews about similar products, so I decided to give this one a try. Rather than the tag and sensor being radio controlled, they use infrared or line of site. Line of site is where you have to point the remote at the product without anything being in the way. The cat walks up to the bowl, the lid opens, and the minute that the tag looses line of site, the bowl shuts on top of the cat's head. My cat did not like it. Plus, the tag needs to be facing the sensor on the bowl, which is too big for most cats.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 28, 2013 4:03 PM PDT

Listen. Write. Present.: The Elements for Communicating Science and Technology
Listen. Write. Present.: The Elements for Communicating Science and Technology
by Deborah St. James
Price: $21.60
46 used & new from $7.85

1.0 out of 5 stars Good Ole' Girls Club, May 14, 2013
This is one of the worst books that I have ever read. The author's state why they are qualified to write the book. I would not be bragging. It lacks focus and has a boring writing style. There are six chapters that are not broken down into subtopics. I read the first two chapters and attempted the third before telling myself that I do not want to waste any more time. They tried to combine a book about writing with grammar style tips, listening, and presenting. They would have been better off had they chosen just one of those topics and done a good job. I am glad that I requested it through the Interlibrary Loan Department. Run the other way and don't look back!

Turn the Ship Around!: How to Create Leadership at Every Level
Turn the Ship Around!: How to Create Leadership at Every Level
by David Marquet
37 used & new from $4.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a leadership boook that is creative!, November 18, 2012
I salute Captain Marquet! My father was a submarine sailor back in the 50's who served on the USS Skate. I had read his captain's book, "Surface at the Pole," and have an appreciation for naval history, which is one of the reasons that this book appealed to me. I have read many leadership books and this one blows them out of the water. Captain Marquet is candid as he speaks about how he applied leadership at all levels on a nuclear submarine. It is fun, upbeat, and straight to the point. I have read some history on Admiral Rickover, who is responsible for pushing to get the nuclear submarine program in place. He was a stern by the books type of person. Captain Marquet had to throw out that philosophy and replace it with something new and creative, which he does well in his book. Read it and find out for yourself, and then torpedo the rest of the leadership books.

Stimulo Cat Feeding Station and Activity Center
Stimulo Cat Feeding Station and Activity Center
Offered by Positronic US. 8-12 Days Average Delivery.
Price: $42.04
3 used & new from $41.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Idea, May 24, 2012
I have two cats, one is six and the other seven. The six year old figured it out first. They are both eating slower, eating less, and seem to be two happy cats. My only advice is: Do Not Give In. Cat experts will tell you that sometimes when you switch a cat's food they become stubborn and will just not eat. The solution is to put the food out for fifteen minutes. If the kitty does not eat, then you put it up. At the next feeding time, you put the food out for fifteen minutes. If the kitty does not eat then you do the same thing, put the food up. Most cats will usually eat after the third or fourth time doing this. When my two cats realized that I was not going to go back to feeding them out of a bowl, they now eat from the Stimulo Feeding Station and Activity Center. I wish that it had rubber feet on the bottom rather than foam feet because it slides across the kitchen floor. I may see if I can get something at the hardware store.

Another hint: When there is food left in the Level 2 Tube, I will not add more food until they have finished that off. This does two things: (1) The kitty has to finish off the old food before more is given and (2) The kitty knows they have to work or hunt to get to their food, which results in the cat having to problem solve to reach its food.

My final hint: I do not fill the tubes completely full because the idea is for the cat to problem solve by reaching its paw down the tube. I was filling the tube completely full and the cats were eating only what they could reach with their mouths and leaving the rest in the bottom of the tube. Not filling the tubes as full has solved this problem.

Safety Leash for Pedometer (1) Unit. Helps Save Pedometers From Loss
Safety Leash for Pedometer (1) Unit. Helps Save Pedometers From Loss
Offered by Heart Rate Monitors USA
Price: $1.97
5 used & new from $1.61

4.0 out of 5 stars Standard Lanyard/Leash, May 24, 2012
This is a standard lanyard/leash for a pedometer. I purchased it as a backup for the one that came with my pedometer. The clip on the one that came with my pedometer is plastic. The clip on this one is metal and seems to work fine.

Omron HJ-303 Pocket Pedometer
Omron HJ-303 Pocket Pedometer
Offered by WEB TRADE CENTER
Price: $39.95
17 used & new from $35.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Pedometer, May 24, 2012
THIS PEDOMETER IS AWESOME! My husband and I tried the pendulum style pedometers. His would read 8,000 to 9,500 steps while mine would read 1,800 to 2,000 steps at the end of the day. I walked the same distance as him on our vacation and told him that mine was broke. We switched pedometers and the results were the same. This pedometer is as accurate and you are probably going to get for a pedometer. I like the fact that it resets itself at midnight. It gives the distance and calories burned as well.

Mysterious Kuddle Kup Cat Bed, Charcoal
Mysterious Kuddle Kup Cat Bed, Charcoal
Price: $21.43
5 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cats Love It, May 5, 2012
I ordered this product for a neighbor and all three of her cats love it. I have had one of these in the past for my cats and they loved it too.

Mysterious Purr Padd Cat Cushion, Charcoal, 2 Cushion/Set
Mysterious Purr Padd Cat Cushion, Charcoal, 2 Cushion/Set
Offered by Bargain The People
Price: $16.98
4 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cats Love It, May 5, 2012
I have two of these for my cats and ordered two more for a neighbor. Her cats love these as much as mine do.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3