Profile for Brent Persad > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Brent Persad RSS Feed

i-Blason Galaxy S5 Case, i-Blason Scratch Resistant Hybrid Clear Case / Cover with TPU Bumper for Samsung Galaxy S5 Clear - Carrying Case - Retail Packaging - Clear
Offered by i-BLASON
Price: $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Case, Good Value, October 4, 2014
This case fits my Galaxy S5 perfectly. Its snug without being overly tight. All the cutouts for ports, speakers, microphone etc. are centered right on spot. The weight of the case is extremely light, its practically as if you're using your phone without a case. Coupled with this, the profile is really slim so it adds no bulk to the phone, especially if you keep it in your pants pocket. Speaking of which, the material has just the right amount of grip so you can hold on to your phone securely, yet at the same time it won't be a battle trying to get your phone out of your pocket quickly to answer a call. Lastly, the case is really clear so that you can admire your phone rather than it being completely enclosed where you only see the display.

Anker® Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Headset / Headphone with Charging Dock and Microphone for iPhone 5S / 5C / 5 / 4S / 4, Galaxy and all Android Bluetooth Devices

5.0 out of 5 stars Anker 4.0 is the way to go!, January 30, 2014
My Anker 4.0 headset has worked flawlessly from day one. Pairing was quick and easy and the volume and clarity is good, with the party on the other end hearing me loud and clear. Not only that, but the headset is so light and comfortable that most times I forget I'm wearing it. The dock is very useful in the car as the sleep function works well, so it extends an already good battery life. An added bonus for me is the battery meter for the headset that comes up on your phone display, which certainly takes the guess work out of figuring how much charge is left on the headset. Best headset I've used after trying several other brands.

Thermos 16 Ounce Leak-Proof Travel Tumbler
Thermos 16 Ounce Leak-Proof Travel Tumbler
Offered by Ontime Direct
Price: $50.00
2 used & new from $50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Smokin Hot!, October 28, 2011
I received this Thermos leek proof travel tumbler aboout a month now, and the first thing that was noticable right out of the box, was how good the quality is. The materials are durable and overall has a really nice refined finish. The only thing was to see how well it worked, and so far from daily use, I am not disappointed in any way with its performance. I usually pre heat the tumbler by adding hot water and slushing it around first, throwing that water out and then filling it with hot coffee before I leave home at 5:00am. By 5:30am I'm in office where I have the a/c set at 17 degrees C. By 8:00am, my coffee is still really hot to burn and by 9:30am its just slightly warm.

I think that approximately 4 hours is quite good for the tumbler and given the temperature of my office. Other cool features are the stable wide base, so I can fee comfortale keeping it next to my computer as I work, as well as the 360 degree drinking lid, where you can drink from any side of the top. The seals work extremely well and having it turned over or even laying over on the car seat (base is too wide to fit regular cup holders in the car), I've never had a single drop spill.

I am definitely pleased with this Thermos product and would recommend it to all early morning commuters.

Gillette Fusion Proglide Power 4 Count Cartridge + Bonus Thermal Scrub
Gillette Fusion Proglide Power 4 Count Cartridge + Bonus Thermal Scrub

5.0 out of 5 stars A definite improvement!, April 6, 2011
I purchased these blades for the Gillette Fusion Proglide Power Razor that I purchased a month ago. Gillette said that the head was completely redesigned and I must say that I totally agree. Having previously used the Gillette Fusion Power Razor blades, the shave was not the most comfortable with a lot of drag and skin irritation on my face.

These redesigned blades have given the smoothest most comfortable shave I have experienced and the lubricating strip is much better than in previous blade designs, lasting longer and providing more lubrication. The single blade does a great job, especially close to the upper and lower lip.

The thermal scrub sample included has a clean invigorating scent and does work nicely, giving your face a warm prepped feel for shaving. The warming effect is pleasant, creating no irritation while prepping your face and beard for shaving.

I'd definitely recommend these two Gillette products.

Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power Razor
Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power Razor

5.0 out of 5 stars The best shave ever!, April 6, 2011
I will admit that when I decided to buy this razor, I did so with much skepticism, having been disappointed by the shave of the Gillette Fusion Power Razor.

I finally decided to pull the trigger on the Gillette Fusion Proglide Power Razor, and by the time it was delivered, I already had a 3 day growth of facial stubble. I lathered up and was amazed as the razor glided effortlessly over my face and through the stubble, giving the smoothest, most comfortable shave that I have had. Not a bit of drag or irritation was experienced, so I let my beard grow for a week, thinking that this time it would fail the standard it now set. To my amazement, the shave was still superb with no irritation. I finally tested it by shaving daily with the same results.

Concerning the lubricating strip, it is a definite improvement, being more slick and lasting longer while the handle allows a more secure and comfortable grip than its predecessor. I'm still on my first blade after 4 weeks and the shave is still very comfortable. The single blade at the back of the blade head does a great job especially above the top and lower lip, and the soft blue glow of the power button does add a cool touch. Shaving was done with the power feature on and off, but either way the shave is excellent.

Overall, Gillette definitely has a winner here with the Proglide Power Razor. I'd definitely recommend it, so give it a try and I'm sure you won't be disappointed!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 23, 2011 1:23 AM PDT

Casio Men's GW9200-1 G-Shock Riseman Alti-Therm Solar Atomic Watch
Casio Men's GW9200-1 G-Shock Riseman Alti-Therm Solar Atomic Watch
Offered by Unexpected Tokyo
Price: $329.20
8 used & new from $329.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio Riseman - definitely worth your time!, February 11, 2010
I have been wearing this watch and monitoring its performance for the past 4 weeks and can say that it is definitely worth it, especially if you're an outdoors enthisiast or just interested in gadgets.

Time keeping is exceptional, having maintained the time to the the exact second for the last three weeks. This may not seem like much to some, however where I live out here in the Caribbean, we don't receive time calibration signals. That being said, I have monitored the theremometer, altermeter and barometer functions against readings from my local MET office.

The guys were surprised at the level of accuracy on all three functions and while this watch was not intended to replace dedicated equipment for exploring the outdoors, its certainly useful and can provide a decent backup should your primary equipment fail.I've noticed that wearing the watch gives a differential of +3 degrees Celcius so I've calibrated the thermometer to 3 degrees less to compensate for the difference and is spot on in comparison to my house thermometer. In this way you don't need to take the watch off for 30 minutes to allow it to adjust, in order to read the ambient temperature accurately.

I've used many of the battery demanding functions throught the day and never had issues of the battery running low, bearing in mind that this is an atomic solar watch. Through my daily activities the watch does get some exposure to the sun allowing the battery to be charged up again but definitely no complaints in the power consumption departemnt.

Comfort wise, it fits nicely on the wrist without being overly bulky with a nice wrist presence and slim enough profile. The band design is comfortable and allows for good circulation of air and quick drying of moisture which helps keep your wrist cool and dry.

Weight wise, its a very light watch but build wise it seems to be quite durable and capable of taking a beating.

Overall, this is a good solid and accurate watch for daily wear and I'm sure that you too will be pleased should you decide to purchase one yourself.