Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Profile for Brett Kimsel > Reviews

Browse

Brett Kimsel's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Brett Kimsel RSS Feed (Pennsylvania, USA)

Playing to Win: Becoming the Champion
Playing to Win: Becoming the Champion
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This book, January 30, 2014
I'm a casual dota player but this book gave a lot of new and interesting ideas, regardless of its age

American Gods: The Tenth Anniversary Edition: A Novel
American Gods: The Tenth Anniversary Edition: A Novel
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A story about belief, July 14, 2013
Neil Gaiman wrote this book as a non-American, and I think it provides a beautiful perspective on a bunch of topics, including heritage, beliefs, and living. Neil put an insane amount of work into this novel and I think it easily shows.

My Body
My Body
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Very motivational!, April 16, 2012
This review is from: My Body (MP3 Music)
This song is sort of like Juggernaut (from the X-Men comics and movies). Except, this song doesn't call you a bitch, and it does stop, but that's beside the point. The point is that the song inspires you to have that crazy, unstoppable momentum like Juggernaut. Never stop, always push for more.

It's a good song to live your life by.

Wasting Light
Wasting Light

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my Favorite Albums, May 4, 2011
This review is from: Wasting Light (MP3 Music)
Ever since getting this near the end of April, I've not really been able to listen to other music because of how moving this album is. I'm not as old as some of the other reviewers, and I don't have their experience in listening to music, but this is definitely one of my favorites out of every genre. Recently I got into Panic! at the Disco's discography, and that entire thing has captivated me less than this single album. I'd recommend this to anyone who likes the genre, and even some people who don't.

StarCraft Battle Chest
StarCraft Battle Chest
Offered by Lotsa Electronics
Price: $19.49
68 used & new from $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars An Awe-Inspiring Creation, March 11, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: StarCraft Battle Chest (CD-ROM)
StarCraft is a game developed by Blizzard Entertainment, and is, to this day, a major game in the RTS genre of games. It, and it's expansion, Brood War, are played by millions worldwide. It is referred to as an e-sport, and truly sticks to the Blizzard mantra of "Easy to learn; hard to master."

I got this game through a friend's suggestion; wanting to hone my skills in RTS games, I eagerly accepted and bought the game so I could play alongside him. Over the past several weeks, we've been doing the occasional 1v1, and are generally having a great time. After buying it, though, I had played through the campaigns so that I knew what I was doing, and found a moving story within it.

The story of how the human super-nation falls, and a new one is formed, and how the heroes are cast off as traitors amazes me. The depth of the Zerg and Protoss campaigns are inspiring, and truly better than some more modern titles' stories.

Control groups were a great thing to be introduced to, and I was pleased that there are no "Hero-Units," as there are in Warcraft 3 (except in the campaign). In this game, you control a massive army, and attempt to stymie (and destroy) your opponent's economic and military progression. By doing so, you defeat your opponent, and seize victory in your grasp.

I eagerly look forward to the sequel, StarCraft II, and its expansions.