Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Subscribe & Save Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer gdwf gdwf gdwf  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage  McCartney Shop Now Learn more
Profile for T. M. Gonzalez > Reviews

T. M. Gonzalez's Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

T. M. Gonzalez RSS Feed (Sacramento, CA United States)

jWin JXCD462 AM/FM Portable CD Boombox With Cassette Playback
jWin JXCD462 AM/FM Portable CD Boombox With Cassette Playback

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, September 19, 2009
We needed a tape player for my daughter to practice with tapes voice lessons, and this one is perfect. It's light and very portable, and the sound is great. For the price especially, it's exactly what we wanted.

The Demon's Librarian
The Demon's Librarian
by Lilith Saintcrow
Price: $12.72
63 used & new from $0.07

3.0 out of 5 stars Oddly entertaining, July 5, 2009
This review is from: The Demon's Librarian (Paperback)
This is the first book I've read from this author and I found it overall enjoyable, but a little odd. It took awhile to get used to the book being written in third person but with constant long thoughts from the characters written in italics. I also imagine this author had a bet with someone on how many times she could get away with using the term solar plexis in a single novel, as I've never seen this term in a novel before, and it must have been in this one 4-5 times.

Overall I really enjoyed the story. I related to the librarian finding herself in a situation that is far outside the usual scope of her duties. It would have been nice to see her a little earlier though, because I'd have liked to see her surprise and wonder as she first discovered the unusual cache in her library and first realized the demons were real.

Lastly, this was written like it was somewhere between a serious romance and a novel for teens. I was shocked at the amount of cuss words (because I initially thought I'd bought a young adult novel), then I kept expecting steamy sex scenes (based on the rest of the content it seemed inevitable), which never materialized.

I might try this authors other books. This one just left me scratching my head a bit.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 14, 2011 1:53 AM PDT

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice story, August 9, 2008
This was my first experience with an Amazon Short. I enjoyed this story, it was imaginative and the characters were well defined. However, the writing kept pulling me out of the story which caused it to lose some of its luster. It seemed to switch regularly between first and third person, and the first person parts switched too often between the characters, sometimes in the middle of a paragraph. In my opinion with a little more time and editing, this would have been a really wonderful story. I still enjoyed it.

The Time Traveler's Wife
The Time Traveler's Wife
by Audrey Niffenegger
1660 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars More than I expected..., January 2, 2006
This book surprised me, and that was more than I hoped for. I generally don't go for popular "Oprah Club" style literature, but the characters in this book were so vivid, loveable, and heartwarming that I could not put the book down. This book doesn't fit any category, it's not a cheesy romance, not really a science fiction, not a mystery. It's a unique story about two people who go through so much together over a lifetime. It's well worth reading at least once...and you might find yourself reading it again and again.