Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Rob MacGregor > Reviews

Browse

Rob MacGregor's Profile

Customer Reviews: 58

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rob MacGregor "Rob" RSS Feed (Sacramento, CA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Trayvax Original Wallet (Midnight Blue)
Trayvax Original Wallet (Midnight Blue)
Offered by Trayvax
Price: $29.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh, not for people who are going to use this wallet with less than 10 cards in it., May 27, 2016
This review is from: Trayvax Original Wallet (Apparel)
Very good looking wallet that does not work for anyone with less than 10 cards. With any fewer cards, there will not be enough tension to hold the cards in. The velcro backing has too much space so you cannot pull everything taut.

I was expecting a wallet I could run and ID and 2 cards max when I go boating, camping etc. This is not that wallet, this is for someone who is going to be bringing a card for every store they may possibly run across. I may slice and resew the velcro so that I can use it as a true "minimalist" wallet but I am not happy with the purchase.

Consider a different Trayvax model.

PlugLug- Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable (3 feet).
PlugLug- Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable (3 feet).
Offered by PlugLug
Price: $4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, sturdy cable with light (but thick) aluminum terminations., May 24, 2016
This cable was extremely well priced and as such, I doubted its quality.

This cable is EXCELLENT. The jacket is rubbery yet smooth. It is relatively thick and the fiber cable in the jacket is supple. The terminations are a thick aluminum so they have a very nice feel. The best thing about these cables (and why I ordered them instead of the competition) is the narrow termination end.

I was plugging these into a densely packed receiver and cables with chunkier "decorative" terminations would not fit. The toslink ends are industry standard and they fit snugly and with a nice solid connection.

I will buy this brand again due to their excellent cables.

Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs Novels)
Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs Novels)
by Richard K. Morgan
Price: $11.76
123 used & new from $0.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Sci-Fi, detective "noir" style book. Richard K Morgan is exception and this book is on my short list of favorites., May 15, 2016
I was introduced to Richard K. Morgan through his "Takeshi Kovacs" novels of which this is the first. They are detective noir novels, only in a distant future with a very science fiction foundation. This book was a Phillip K Dick award winner and does not disappoint.

It is the first of 3 Takeshi Kovacs novels that are only loosely connected... this is not a series. However, if you like this like I did, you will almost certainly get the other 2 novels.

adidas Men's Striker 13 Soccer Short 2013 (2XL)
adidas Men's Striker 13 Soccer Short 2013 (2XL)
Offered by First Touch Futbol
Price: $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Man Review. These are excellent, April 1, 2016
Lightweight short that is not a knee-length basketball short.

I am a large man (6foot, 325 44" waist) and bought a 2XL. It fits excellently and is very light weight. I use these to coach, and work out in and they are exceptionally cool in a hot climate. They do not have pockets.

I highly recommend these to anyone.

VisionTek Radeon 7750 2GB GDDR5 6M (6x MiniDP) - 900614
VisionTek Radeon 7750 2GB GDDR5 6M (6x MiniDP) - 900614
Price: $224.99
71 used & new from $189.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Deployed this as a NOC nerve center and it just works., March 30, 2016
We were setting up a network operations center and needed a card that could drive 6 screens. Desktop monitors (Viewsonic 24") x3 and 42" LCD displays x3

We did buy "active" adapters from Amazon for each of the 6 monitors and they just worked out of the box. It is ESSENTIAL that you get active adapters or it will not work.
3 Accell B086B-008B-2 UltraAV Mini DisplayPort 1.1 to HDMI 1.4 Active Adapters for the LCD displays
3 Accell B101B-002B UltraAV Mini DisplayPort to VGA Active Adapters for the monitors

The included "Catalyst" driver suite allows you to change screen setup from 6 individual screens that can be ordered manually, to a video wall where all of the screen space is aggregated into one big screen.

I have had ZERO issues with this setup since I got it up and running.

CaseBuy Keyboard Silicone Protector Cover Skin for Dell Inspiron 13-7347 13-7348 13-7352 13-7359 15-7547 15-7548 i7347 i7348 i7352 i7359 i7547 i7548, XPS 13-9343 13-9350 13.3" Series(2015 Model)(Red)
Offered by CaseBuy
Price: $8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It has kept stuff out of my keyboard as advertized but not perfect., March 30, 2016
Rubber does not really sit well in keyboard well.

I had high hopes, but this is just an OK product. Functionally it covers my keys giving the laptop (a Dell Inspiron 13 7000 series from 2015) a nice look. But the rubber has a bow at the bottom of the space bar and the printing on the rubber key tops does not match up with the keys themselves, so you get a ghosted symbol next to the printed one printed on the cover.

It is see through so your backlit keys will be visible.

Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, 1080p Widescreen Video Calling and Recording
Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, 1080p Widescreen Video Calling and Recording
Price: $67.99
133 used & new from $54.99

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a solid camera, and there is a reason it is a #1 best seller., March 30, 2016
This camera is very good. It's video quality is exceptional and I use it with a Blue Snowball mic to produce HD quality training videos for my company. The mount is very well though out and heavy so it will stay on its rubber foot if you have it on a flat surface. It also articulates into a sideways V so it can mount to any laptop screen or even desktop monitor. It also has rubber feet in its "v" formation so that it securely locks against the screen and the back of the monitor without marring its surface. Finally the mount has a standard sized hole if you intend to use it with a tripod.

It was installed on a Windows 8 machine and I had to go download the Logitech Webcam software even though it said that Windows 8 would do it automatically. But once installed, it worked very easily. Simply launch the program and you can take video and photos immediately. There also is a mode which will activate the camera if there is a change in the background. This would be useful for people who have a computer in an office that they expect no one near. If someone goes in the camera's field of view, it turns itself on and records video until the movement stops.

The camera has a set of blue lights that activate when the camera is on. They are like "parenthesis" around the sides of the camera window, in the seam between it and the microphone holes. These are intended to let you know its recording.

All in all, a very good camera system and I am very pleased with the 1080p (High Definition) widescreen video output. Well worth the investment if you are going to do any video recording with it.

(Pack of 3) LOHAS® Dimmable LED Candelabra Bulb, 6-Watt (60 Watt Equivalent) Daylight White 5000K Light Bulbs, E12 Candelabra Base LED Light Bulbs for Home, 550 Lumens LED Lights, Torpedo Shape LED Bulb
Offered by LOHAS-LED
Price: $59.99
3 used & new from $20.39

5.0 out of 5 stars LED lights > Compact Florescent > Incandescent. Do not settle for an inferior bulb, it will cost you more in the end., March 22, 2016
If you are caught between replacing incandescent and tempted by the cheap price of a CFL, do yourself a favor and pick these up. They are magnificent.

Pros: inexpensive operation, immediate full brightness upon turn on (unlike compact florescent bulbs), minimal heat generated, dimmable, they do not flicker.
Cons: initially slightly more expensive than other options.

I am replacing compact florescent bulbs around my house as they are terrible for the environment, take a long time to "warm up", and generate excessive heat. So much so that it discolors the plastic housing upon which CFLs are placed from white plastic to a nasty yellow color. I was intrigued by the idea that these new LED bulbs were both bright, very low wattage for light output and dimmable. I purchased the 3 pack to replace the lights in my entry way.

The lights are significantly brighter than the CFLs and have no "warm up" time. The light is a brilliant white (thats the color spectrum I wanted) and not a yellowy or a blue tinged color. They dim very smoothly with a proper dimmer switch. They also do not have that florescent flicker which can give me headaches.

Last but not least, the customer service from LOHAS LED was exceptional. One of my bulbs was DOA and they just sent a new one. This is a company I will do business with again, as I am replacing all incandescent and florescent bulbs in my entire house.

BYTECC Bytecc T-203Bk 2.5 Inch & 3.5 Inch Dual Bays Sata To Usb 2.0 Docking Station, Black Color

4.0 out of 5 stars Works, but know what you are doing!, March 16, 2016
Disk Duplicates and can act as a USB drive connector.

The disk duplication process is simple but the directions are limited.
Insert source into source slot (in front)
Insert target into target spot (in back)
Power up
Hit start button
Red light will blink for 5 or so seconds.
Hit start button again
Red light and now blue lights are lit steady (not blinking)
When lights go out the disk is duplicated.

It will not work if your target drive is smaller than the source.

If the source is larger it will fail. If the target is larger than the source, when you boot the drive, it will appear as the smaller source size and you need to repartition the drive to get all of the space.

Extend Shake, Simply Strawberry, 5-Count Servings 32g (1.13oz ) Packets,  Net Wt. 5.65 oz
Extend Shake, Simply Strawberry, 5-Count Servings 32g (1.13oz ) Packets, Net Wt. 5.65 oz
Price: $6.99
3 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing for me. Tasty, Convenient, Diabetic friendly and filling., February 18, 2016
these things are delicious, travel well and have satisfied me even in the midst of terrible food cravings. Give them a try.

I am 6' tall and was about 370lbs when I started drinking these. Now, I have used these for months as a meal replacement program. I drink one every 2 hours 7 times a day and they keep my hunger in check. I have lost 50lbs since starting this 2 months ago. I have also had my blood tested regularly by my doctor at Kaiser, and all of my markers for diabetes, cholesterol, uric acid, etc have decreased significantly.

My situation may not be yours, but I can tell you these have helped me change my life.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 19, 2016 8:51 AM PST