Profile for M. Sabes > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Sabes RSS Feed (San Jose, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Miniature Shakespeare Library in twelve volumes
The Miniature Shakespeare Library in twelve volumes
by William Shakespeare
10 used & new from $27.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice little books, very weak box for the set., September 14, 2014
This set was published by Barnes and Noble some time ago. I was in Ashland, Oregon and discovered a set there. I have a brother who enjoys miniature books so I bought the Ashland set as a gift. The books are in excellent shape but the box was a bit rough. So I looked for a set in better shape and found it on Amazon. Described as in excellent condition, I bought it. When it arrived, I found that that set also had perfect little books but a worn box. Disappointed, I guess that the box is the weak spot in this product. In any case, my brother was happy for the gift and I now have the original set as well.

Nikon COOLPIX S5300 16 MP Wi-Fi CMOS Digital Camera with 8x Zoom NIKKOR Lens and 1080p HD Video (Plum)
Price: $139.00
14 used & new from $88.05

3.0 out of 5 stars Good in some ways, but in others a disappointment., August 13, 2014
A few years back I bought a COOLPIX S6300 and it performed very well. While taking a photo from the back of a motorcycle, my girlfriend caught a bug directly into the lens opening. We cleaned it out as quickly and thoroughly as we could, but parts of the bug caused permanent dark blotches in all subsequent photos.
Well, it has been a couple years so maybe the S5300 currently is equivalent of the previous S6300. And, indeed, some features like the video capture is far better on the new camera.
However, the camera takes forever to power up. Often the first photo cannot be taken for 4-5 seconds. For candid opportunities, this is an eternity. Other times, the focus gets confused by the fact that we are moving and fails to operate. It either refuses to snap a picture or is completely out of focus.
It does take good photos, but for my purposes the above shortcomings often make it unusable.

ITALIAN 1500 Thread Count 100% Egyptian Striped 4PC CAL KING Sheet Set, LIGHT BLUE
Offered by Dealway
Price: $26.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice, August 4, 2014
I really like the feel of these sheets. Very soft and smooth. They run nicely large in size and fit my very thick mattress plus memory foam pad.

Harley-Davidson Men's Josh Motorcycle Boot,Black,11 W US
Harley-Davidson Men's Josh Motorcycle Boot,Black,11 W US
Price: $127.68
14 used & new from $127.68

2.0 out of 5 stars Run very narrow, August 4, 2014
These seem to run very narrow. I usually wear 11-EE or 11-EEEE and took a chance with these. They seem more like a D width, I could not even get my foot in past the narrow ankle area even with the zipper fully open. Too bad, I like the look and they seem to be well made.

RAM Bike Mount for Garmin Nuvi 2450 2450LM 2460LT 2460LMT 2555LT 2555LMT 2595LMT
Offered by Semsons & Co., Inc.
Price: $39.95
3 used & new from $39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very steady, fits perfectly., June 2, 2014
I bought this mount for my Nuvi to use when I rented a Harley in Washington DC. It worked perfectly. It mounted easily on the handlebars, albeit with very long threads on the u-bolt. Never a problem, very adjustable, positions the GPS for easy visibility.

Swissgear 16" Pillar Computer Messenger Bag
Swissgear 16" Pillar Computer Messenger Bag
Offered by AZDeals
Price: $46.99
3 used & new from $46.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice, I like it, June 2, 2014
This fits my new HP laptop just about perfectly. It is well built, has pockets for additional storage, is not weighty, and looks good. My only wish is that it would be about 1/2 inch wider. I use a wireless mouse which has a fob that plugs into a USB port on the side. When I leave this fob plugged in, the laptop does not slide easily into this case. I can wiggle it a bit and then it will fit, but a little wider would be more convenient.

Sangean RCR-2 AM/FM Atomic Clock Radio (Silver)
Sangean RCR-2 AM/FM Atomic Clock Radio (Silver)

5.0 out of 5 stars At long last!, June 2, 2014
For several years, I have been searching for a clock radio that meets my needs. This one certainly does. It sounds good, has an accurate clock, is very visible day and night, has the important controls up front and easily operable. I first saw this at a local store (Fry's) but they had none in stock. Amazon was appreciably less expensive so two days later I had it. I would recommend this clock radio to anyone.

2 pcs Car/Truck/Vehicle 1157 60 SMD LED Tail brake stop LED Light Bulb - Compatible with(For Reference Only): 1157(BAY15d) 1016 1034 1076 1130 1142 1152 1154 1158 1493 2057 2357 2396 2397 3496 3497 7528 12499 12594 P21/5W

1.0 out of 5 stars Does NOT replace 2057, March 5, 2014
Physically fit in the socket, but... My tail lights lit the very bright white LEDs, the stop light did nothing. When I wiggled the bulb kind of crooked in the socket, the stop lights finally lit the very, very dim amber LEDs. This is completely unusable for any application I can think of.

Too cheap to bother to return for credit. When I ordered, there were no reviews as of yet. Now I see only negatives.

The Book Thief
The Book Thief
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars this book truly touched my soul, February 24, 2014
This review is from: The Book Thief (Kindle Edition)
The brutality and monstrosities of the war created by the evil of Hitler et.al. Is brought to reality by this well told story. One cannot help but be touched deeply by the characters so vividly brought to life by this author. The choice of narration as the vehicle for the story and the brilliance of the choice of narrator is outstanding. The telling of the tale by a seemingly impartial voice gives greater depth to the emotions elicited. That the teller was touched by the telling draws the reader in all the more.

99 Jobs: Blood, Sweat, and Houses
99 Jobs: Blood, Sweat, and Houses
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Authentic and inspiring, December 27, 2013
Joe Cottonwood's words and philosophies seem common and plain at first, but soon the genuineness comes undeniably through.
I like to read a short while at night before I fall to sleep. This book kept me up too long several times and has ended all too soon.
Maybe it's because I'm familiar with the local places, maybe it's because I'm of a similar age, and maybe it's because I can relate the people in my life to the people Cottonwood shares with us in this book. In any case, I am ever so grateful to the friendly woman in the San Gregorio Store who so enthusiastically recommended this book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3