Profile for M. Sabes > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 32

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Sabes RSS Feed (San Jose, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Martian: A Novel
The Martian: A Novel
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Exciting! A real page turner, April 16, 2015
Thoroughly enjoyable read. Kept me up several late nights, but I loved it! Recommended by a friend and now I owe him big time. Thanks Monte! I'm a reasonably knowledgeable science geek myself and found the details surprisingly accurate, effective and enhancing to the story line.

New Balance Men's MX623 Cross-Training Shoe,White/Navy,11 4E US
New Balance Men's MX623 Cross-Training Shoe,White/Navy,11 4E US

5.0 out of 5 stars good court shoes, April 7, 2015
I use these shoes for racquetball. They are good court shoes and offer good traction. New Balance is the only line of athletic shoes that come wide enough to fit my feet.

13 Pack Super High Yield Remanufactured Cartridges for HP 02
13 Pack Super High Yield Remanufactured Cartridges for HP 02
Offered by Xpress Ink & Toner
Price: $12.60
10 used & new from $12.60

5.0 out of 5 stars A super value, April 2, 2015
I have an old HP printer that has served well for several years. Unfortunately, it is on its last legs and will not last too much longer. Like most users, I have repeatedly purchased sets of cartridges resulting in a plethora of a few colors left over, but missing the heavily used colors. The prices of replacing individual cartridges is very expensive. With prices on remanufactured cartridges like these, I can keep my printer limping along without breaking the bank. These work very well and I am happy with them.

RSVP Precision Pierced Stainless-Steel 5-Quart Colander
RSVP Precision Pierced Stainless-Steel 5-Quart Colander
Offered by Peppercorn
Price: $25.95
28 used & new from $25.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these, April 2, 2015
Fabulous replacement for my old plastic strainers. These colanders drain so much better than anything I have previously owned. Nice looking, well made. Strongly recommend. I bought both the 5 and the 3 quart sizes and immediately threw all my old ones away. They are that much better

Precision Pierced Stainless Steel Colander 3 Qt
Precision Pierced Stainless Steel Colander 3 Qt
Offered by Sotabletop
Price: $19.95
31 used & new from $15.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific colander, April 2, 2015

Dste® (Pack of 2) EN-El19 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery + Charger DC109 for Nikon Coolpix S100, S2500, S2600, S2700, S2750, S3100, S3200, S3300, S3400, S3500, S4100, S4150, S4200, S4300, S4400, S5200, S6400, S6500, S6600 Digital Cameras
Offered by DSTE Technology
Price: $12.34
2 used & new from $12.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Good replacement or supplement batteries, April 2, 2015
I have always had good luck with these batteries. Whenever I have purchased a new camera, I order these third party batteries and charger. They work well for me.

Amarena Wild Cherries (8oz)
Amarena Wild Cherries (8oz)
Offered by Go Italy Gourmet
Price: $15.28
8 used & new from $9.87

3.0 out of 5 stars Luden Cough Drops?, April 2, 2015
First of all, the jar is very nice. Don't know what I will use it for, but interesting nonetheless.

These are interesting cherries. Smaller than domestic and unique flavor. I have always wondered in what universe cough drops tasted like cherries. Now I know, these are the cherries after which Smith Brothers modeled their flavor profile. That is not to say that they are bad by any means, just not my cup of tea.

Newton's Cradle Desk Toy Small Office Table Top
Newton's Cradle Desk Toy Small Office Table Top
Offered by InTandem
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $14.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Very, very bad!, November 18, 2014
This is a piece of CR*P! I bought it to demonstrate Newton's action-reaction law during a lecture. It is so small that it is useless for an audience. (3-1/2 x 3-1/2 x 4-3/8 inches). More importantly, the spheres are totally missaligned to the extent that nothing can be demonstrated. The strings seem to be glued in place so no adjustment is possible as far as I can see.

Even if it were well aligned, it woluld still be way over-priced for the quality you get.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Nikon 85mm f/1.4G AF-S Nikkor Lens for Nikon Digital SLR
Nikon 85mm f/1.4G AF-S Nikkor Lens for Nikon Digital SLR
Price: $1,599.00
8 used & new from $1,390.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific lens, November 6, 2014
I cannot add to the expert testimonies already submitted for this lens other than to say that I love it and have achieved fabulous results with it on my D800.

The Science of Pocket Billiards
The Science of Pocket Billiards
by Jack H. Koehler
Price: $19.93
21 used & new from $11.87

5.0 out of 5 stars A terrific source for the science behind the experts' advice, November 6, 2014
This is a very rigorous mathematical look at the game of billiards. My having been trained as a mathmatician and physisist, this is exacly what I was seeking. Now remember that the random unknowables of the pool table are sufficiently influential so that one cannot become an expert by formal analysis alone. But it is nice to know the physical science behind some of the insider pool hall expertise.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4