Profile for M. Sabes > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 25

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Sabes RSS Feed (San Jose, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Newton's Cradle Desk Toy Small Office Table Top
Newton's Cradle Desk Toy Small Office Table Top
Offered by Social Commerce Guaranteed Delivery by Christmas Eve with Expedited Shipping
Price: $11.97

1.0 out of 5 stars Very, very bad!, November 18, 2014
This is a piece of CR*P! I bought it to demonstrate Newton's action-reaction law during a lecture. It is so small that it is useless for an audience. (3-1/2 x 3-1/2 x 4-3/8 inches). More importantly, the spheres are totally missaligned to the extent that nothing can be demonstrated. The strings seem to be glued in place so no adjustment is possible as far as I can see.

Even if it were well aligned, it woluld still be way over-priced for the quality you get.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Nikon 85mm f/1.4G AF-S Nikkor Lens for Nikon Digital SLR
Nikon 85mm f/1.4G AF-S Nikkor Lens for Nikon Digital SLR
Price: $1,599.00
34 used & new from $710.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific lens, November 6, 2014
I cannot add to the expert testimonies already submitted for this lens other than to say that I love it and have achieved fabulous results with it on my D800.

The Science of Pocket Billiards
The Science of Pocket Billiards
by Jack H. Koehler
Price: $19.75
19 used & new from $12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A terrific source for the science behind the experts' advice, November 6, 2014
This is a very rigorous mathematical look at the game of billiards. My having been trained as a mathmatician and physisist, this is exacly what I was seeking. Now remember that the random unknowables of the pool table are sufficiently influential so that one cannot become an expert by formal analysis alone. But it is nice to know the physical science behind some of the insider pool hall expertise.

FLOUREON Extendable Telescopic Handheld Pole Arm Monopod Black with Tripod Adapter for Gopro HD Hero 4/3/2/1 Digital Camera Shipped From US
Offered by NEXT GEN
Price: $9.99
3 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a walk around photo shoot, November 6, 2014
This monopod is exactly what I was looking for. Extremely light and portable. Naturally not strong enough to support a full size camera and lens, but just right for taking the yips out of hand held photos when walking around.

The Miniature Shakespeare Library in twelve volumes
The Miniature Shakespeare Library in twelve volumes
by William Shakespeare
6 used & new from $24.91

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice little books, very weak box for the set., September 14, 2014
This set was published by Barnes and Noble some time ago. I was in Ashland, Oregon and discovered a set there. I have a brother who enjoys miniature books so I bought the Ashland set as a gift. The books are in excellent shape but the box was a bit rough. So I looked for a set in better shape and found it on Amazon. Described as in excellent condition, I bought it. When it arrived, I found that that set also had perfect little books but a worn box. Disappointed, I guess that the box is the weak spot in this product. In any case, my brother was happy for the gift and I now have the original set as well.

Nikon COOLPIX S5300 16 MP Wi-Fi CMOS Digital Camera with 8x Zoom NIKKOR Lens and 1080p HD Video (Plum)
Price: $109.00
13 used & new from $88.05

3.0 out of 5 stars Good in some ways, but in others a disappointment., August 13, 2014
A few years back I bought a COOLPIX S6300 and it performed very well. While taking a photo from the back of a motorcycle, my girlfriend caught a bug directly into the lens opening. We cleaned it out as quickly and thoroughly as we could, but parts of the bug caused permanent dark blotches in all subsequent photos.
Well, it has been a couple years so maybe the S5300 currently is equivalent of the previous S6300. And, indeed, some features like the video capture is far better on the new camera.
However, the camera takes forever to power up. Often the first photo cannot be taken for 4-5 seconds. For candid opportunities, this is an eternity. Other times, the focus gets confused by the fact that we are moving and fails to operate. It either refuses to snap a picture or is completely out of focus.
It does take good photos, but for my purposes the above shortcomings often make it unusable.

ITALIAN 1500 Thread Count 100% Egyptian Striped 4PC CAL KING Sheet Set, LIGHT BLUE
Offered by Dealway
Price: $26.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice, August 4, 2014
I really like the feel of these sheets. Very soft and smooth. They run nicely large in size and fit my very thick mattress plus memory foam pad.

Harley-Davidson Men's Josh Motorcycle Boot,Black,11 W US
Harley-Davidson Men's Josh Motorcycle Boot,Black,11 W US
Price: $131.74
13 used & new from $129.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Run very narrow, August 4, 2014
These seem to run very narrow. I usually wear 11-EE or 11-EEEE and took a chance with these. They seem more like a D width, I could not even get my foot in past the narrow ankle area even with the zipper fully open. Too bad, I like the look and they seem to be well made.

RAM Bike Mount for Garmin Nuvi 2450 2450LM 2460LT 2460LMT 2555LT 2555LMT 2595LMT
Offered by Semsons & Co., Inc.
Price: $38.95
3 used & new from $38.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very steady, fits perfectly., June 2, 2014
I bought this mount for my Nuvi to use when I rented a Harley in Washington DC. It worked perfectly. It mounted easily on the handlebars, albeit with very long threads on the u-bolt. Never a problem, very adjustable, positions the GPS for easy visibility.

Swissgear 16" Pillar Computer Messenger Bag
Swissgear 16" Pillar Computer Messenger Bag
Offered by AZDeals
Price: $46.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice, I like it, June 2, 2014
This fits my new HP laptop just about perfectly. It is well built, has pockets for additional storage, is not weighty, and looks good. My only wish is that it would be about 1/2 inch wider. I use a wireless mouse which has a fob that plugs into a USB port on the side. When I leave this fob plugged in, the laptop does not slide easily into this case. I can wiggle it a bit and then it will fit, but a little wider would be more convenient.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3