Profile for M. Sabes > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Sabes RSS Feed (San Jose, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2
RAM Bike Mount for Garmin Nuvi 2450 2450LM 2460LT 2460LMT 2555LT 2555LMT 2595LMT
Offered by GPS City
Price: $38.78
2 used & new from $38.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Very steady, fits perfectly., June 2, 2014
I bought this mount for my Nuvi to use when I rented a Harley in Washington DC. It worked perfectly. It mounted easily on the handlebars, albeit with very long threads on the u-bolt. Never a problem, very adjustable, positions the GPS for easy visibility.

Wenger SwissGear PILLAR Computer Brief (Black/Grey Color) WA-7645-14
Wenger SwissGear PILLAR Computer Brief (Black/Grey Color) WA-7645-14
Offered by Galactics
Price: $41.99
11 used & new from $33.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice, I like it, June 2, 2014
This fits my new HP laptop just about perfectly. It is well built, has pockets for additional storage, is not weighty, and looks good. My only wish is that it would be about 1/2 inch wider. I use a wireless mouse which has a fob that plugs into a USB port on the side. When I leave this fob plugged in, the laptop does not slide easily into this case. I can wiggle it a bit and then it will fit, but a little wider would be more convenient.

Sangean RCR-2 AM/FM Atomic Clock Radio (Silver)
Sangean RCR-2 AM/FM Atomic Clock Radio (Silver)
4 used & new from $75.00

5.0 out of 5 stars At long last!, June 2, 2014
For several years, I have been searching for a clock radio that meets my needs. This one certainly does. It sounds good, has an accurate clock, is very visible day and night, has the important controls up front and easily operable. I first saw this at a local store (Fry's) but they had none in stock. Amazon was appreciably less expensive so two days later I had it. I would recommend this clock radio to anyone.

2 pcs Car/Truck/Vehicle 1157 60 SMD LED Tail brake stop LED Light Bulb - Compatible with(For Reference Only): 1157(BAY15d) 1016 1034 1076 1130 1142 1152 1154 1158 1493 2057 2357 2396 2397 3496 3497 7528 12499 12594 P21/5W
Offered by Bingomama
Price: $6.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Does NOT replace 2057, March 5, 2014
Physically fit in the socket, but... My tail lights lit the very bright white LEDs, the stop light did nothing. When I wiggled the bulb kind of crooked in the socket, the stop lights finally lit the very, very dim amber LEDs. This is completely unusable for any application I can think of.

Too cheap to bother to return for credit. When I ordered, there were no reviews as of yet. Now I see only negatives.

The Book Thief
The Book Thief
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars this book truly touched my soul, February 24, 2014
This review is from: The Book Thief (Kindle Edition)
The brutality and monstrosities of the war created by the evil of Hitler et.al. Is brought to reality by this well told story. One cannot help but be touched deeply by the characters so vividly brought to life by this author. The choice of narration as the vehicle for the story and the brilliance of the choice of narrator is outstanding. The telling of the tale by a seemingly impartial voice gives greater depth to the emotions elicited. That the teller was touched by the telling draws the reader in all the more.

99 Jobs: Blood, Sweat, and Houses
99 Jobs: Blood, Sweat, and Houses
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Authentic and inspiring, December 27, 2013
Joe Cottonwood's words and philosophies seem common and plain at first, but soon the genuineness comes undeniably through.
I like to read a short while at night before I fall to sleep. This book kept me up too long several times and has ended all too soon.
Maybe it's because I'm familiar with the local places, maybe it's because I'm of a similar age, and maybe it's because I can relate the people in my life to the people Cottonwood shares with us in this book. In any case, I am ever so grateful to the friendly woman in the San Gregorio Store who so enthusiastically recommended this book.

The Scourge of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood: Book 3)
The Scourge of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood: Book 3)
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fitting end to the trilogy, July 21, 2013
This continuation and conclusion to the trilogy by Jeff Wheeler shows the same good writing skills as the first two books. The story line completes and (spoiler alert) everything sort of turns out okay in the end. I don't know if the story is a bit long across the three books or maybe my attention span is short, but about half way through this book I was ready for the end. Perhaps the many almost-lose-until-finally-win skirmishes became repetitive. Kind of like Hulk Hogan; "I am going to beat your fists with my face until finally I get mad/lucky and somehow beat you into submission. Overall, though, I'm glad I found this trilogy and recommend it.

The Blight of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood: Book 2)
The Blight of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood: Book 2)
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Spellbindingly good read, June 25, 2013
While the main plot line borrows from many other stories, the writing style is so well done that you don't mind at all. The characters come to life and you develop a real connection with them and care about what they are going through.

New Balance Men's ML574 Lifestyle Sneaker,Grey/Silver,11 EE
New Balance Men's ML574 Lifestyle Sneaker,Grey/Silver,11 EE
Price: $74.95
2 used & new from $74.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Not up to usual New Balance standards, April 16, 2013
I have been wearing New Balance shoes for many years due to being somewhat wide in the foot. This shoe appealed because of the low price. I got what I deserved. They do seem lower in quality than what I am used to. Not really bad, just seems a bit less well built and of lower quality materials. I got 2E width, it seems more like a D width. I will keep them hoping that they will "break-in", but certainly not order again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 20, 2013 11:10 AM PDT

Torre & Tagus Tempo Fruit Pyramid
Torre & Tagus Tempo Fruit Pyramid

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun way to store your fruit, October 6, 2012
I saw this in the background of a television food show and thought it looked really neat. I researched where I could get one and found it on Amazon. It is a lot of fun and bruises the fruit less than if it were stacked in a bowl. My only disapointments are that when I have less than the full complement of fruit, it looks less fancy particularly when there are only 2 or 3 fruits. It does take a pretty big space on the counter top. Would I buy it again? Yes, but then I'm a gadget kind of person.

Page: 1 | 2