Profile for M. Sabes > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 37

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Sabes RSS Feed (San Jose, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
White Mountain Puzzles Cheers - 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle
White Mountain Puzzles Cheers - 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle
Offered by PosterRevolution
Price: $11.50
54 used & new from $8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun, good quality puzzle., July 21, 2015
This was a very enjoyable puzzle to work. I found some of the labels very nostalgic and others to be new discoveries. The only problem was that I kept getting very thirsty while working this.

Ravensburger Yosemite Valley - 1000 Piece Puzzle
Ravensburger Yosemite Valley - 1000 Piece Puzzle
Price: $14.96
36 used & new from $5.99

2.0 out of 5 stars I did not find this puzzle fun, July 21, 2015
I found this puzzle to be less than fun. The photo, while an iconic image of Yosemite, is very low in contrast and the focus is poor. The colors are muted. For example, the rocks in the Merced Rive in the foreground are overly difficult to identify and the rock edges difficult to discern. Another example is that the large white areas in the central sky are difficult to differentiate. The gradations of color are too subtle to provide informative clues.

Since Ravensburger puzzles consist of all the same sized, square pieces arranged in rows and columns, the shapes of the pieces are nearly impossible to identify other than by the number of female/male extensions. This leaves only the small photo element on each piece to try to determine its location. As I mentioned above, the colors being murky, makes it extremely difficult (impossible?) to look at a piece and make a good estimate of the location where it belongs. All this leaves the puzzler with almost no option except endless trial and error piece matching..

Garmin Approach G6 Handheld Touchscreen Golf Course GPS
Garmin Approach G6 Handheld Touchscreen Golf Course GPS
Price: $186.97
22 used & new from $172.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Mine died, May 11, 2015
Maybe it is bad luck, I have always had good experiences with Garmin products. Not so this time.

I like this Golf GPS, have used it for two rounds of golf.
On the third hole of the third round, when I reached for it, it was dead.
I had charged it a few days gefore, turned it on prior to the first hole and it was operating normally.
I kept it on my belt so there was no harsh treatment. There was no moisture so it did not get wet.
I took it home and charged it for one and a half days. Still totally dead. Tried to connect to my computer. No life.
I will try to return it for a replacement.

Olympus 118760 Trooper 10x50 DPS I Binocular (Black)
Olympus 118760 Trooper 10x50 DPS I Binocular (Black)
Price: $54.95
18 used & new from $54.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I think they are great, May 9, 2015
These are exactly as described and work very well. A good value for the money. Nice for terrestrial viewing, a little too much magnification for me to hold steady for night sky viewing, but I knew that when I ordered these.

Your Inner Fish: A Journey into the 3.5-Billion-Year History of the Human Body
Your Inner Fish: A Journey into the 3.5-Billion-Year History of the Human Body
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of detailed information that I have not encountered elsewhere., May 1, 2015
This is a terrific book. Full of detailed information that I have not encountered elsewhere.

The author starts out explaining how paleontologists are able to predict where fossils might be found from a particular time period. Then explains how the DNA from current species relate and how that relates to when shared characteristics may have arisen from common ancestors. Finally, he explores information about fetal development of distance species share common developmental structures.

Strong recommendation!

The Martian: A Novel
The Martian: A Novel
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Exciting! A real page turner, April 16, 2015
Thoroughly enjoyable read. Kept me up several late nights, but I loved it! Recommended by a friend and now I owe him big time. Thanks Monte! I'm a reasonably knowledgeable science geek myself and found the details surprisingly accurate, effective and enhancing to the story line.

New Balance Men's MX623 Cross-Training Shoe,White/Navy,11 4E US
New Balance Men's MX623 Cross-Training Shoe,White/Navy,11 4E US

5.0 out of 5 stars good court shoes, April 7, 2015
I use these shoes for racquetball. They are good court shoes and offer good traction. New Balance is the only line of athletic shoes that come wide enough to fit my feet.

13 Pack Super High Yield Remanufactured Cartridges for HP 02
13 Pack Super High Yield Remanufactured Cartridges for HP 02
Offered by Hotcolor
Price: $12.54
13 used & new from $9.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A super value, April 2, 2015
I have an old HP printer that has served well for several years. Unfortunately, it is on its last legs and will not last too much longer. Like most users, I have repeatedly purchased sets of cartridges resulting in a plethora of a few colors left over, but missing the heavily used colors. The prices of replacing individual cartridges is very expensive. With prices on remanufactured cartridges like these, I can keep my printer limping along without breaking the bank. These work very well and I am happy with them.

RSVP Precision Pierced Stainless-Steel 5-Quart Colander
RSVP Precision Pierced Stainless-Steel 5-Quart Colander
Offered by MetaRetail
Price: $25.95
34 used & new from $17.50

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these, April 2, 2015
Fabulous replacement for my old plastic strainers. These colanders drain so much better than anything I have previously owned. Nice looking, well made. Strongly recommend. I bought both the 5 and the 3 quart sizes and immediately threw all my old ones away. They are that much better

Precision Pierced Stainless Steel Colander 3 Qt