Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for 25 With A Money Hive > Reviews

Browse

25 With A Money ...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 37

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

25 With A Money Hive "E-Money" RSS Feed (Dallas, Texas)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Generic Benadryl Allergy - Diphenhydramine (50mg) - 1000 Capsules
Generic Benadryl Allergy - Diphenhydramine (50mg) - 1000 Capsules
Offered by Max Wellness
Price: $16.67
10 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best OTC sleep aid I've ever used!, April 27, 2016
I've become somewhat of an experienced sleep aid user after running the type of schedule that requires each minute set aside for sleep be utilized as such, which becomes problematic when you have trouble falling asleep. About a year ago I used ZzzzQuil for a few weeks to get me knocked out quickly at night. Not wanting to continue taking a substance with alcohol in it regularly, I switched over to non-habit forming Diphenhydramine capsules. Over the past 12 months or so I've used various store brands, all with similar effectiveness. 2-3/day is usually enough to get me relaxed and asleep. Last week I realized I was almost out of my normal store brand pills and wasn't going to have time to run to the store, so I did a quick Amazon search and found these guys. They showed up quickly and are great quality.

One bit of knowledge: these are twice as concentrated as standard Diphenhydramine pills. These are 50mg and standard ones are 25mg. Needless to say, if you usually take two store brand pills you will only need one of these. I know the price fluctuates, but this was a fantastic value for 1,000 pills. This is well over one year's worth of sleep aid for me and cost just about the same as two months of my standard sleep aid pills.

Highly recommended!

1 Zebra Nerite Snail (Neritina natalensis - 1/2 to 1 inch in diameter) + Aquatic Arts Brand Food Sample
Offered by Aquatic Arts - Live Fish, Inverts, and Aquarium Plants To Your Door
Price: $3.49
2 used & new from $3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Meet Moroso!, April 7, 2016
Very happy with our snail, Moroso!
Aquatic Arts has it down right! We ordered a Vita Tank from Kickstarter months ago, and by the time it had shown up we had decided that we wanted something other than a beta fish as an office pet. With much searching and deliberating, we landed on this gorgeous snail! It arrived very quickly, and not without a very detailed email upon shipment from Aquatic Arts about what to expect, how to handle delivery and proper care for the little guy.
We received it within a couple of days and he (she?) was very well packed in a water back, inside of a cup, inside of eco-friendly insulation, inside of a box. Very detailed instructions were also included on how to properly acclimate the snail to his new environment. We followed them closely, and per the instructions, were expecting around 24 hours before he started moving around the tank. Much to our surprise, he began racing around the tank within 5 minutes. Very happy!
Comment Comment | Permalink

LED Concepts® 26 LED Dimmable Desk Lamp - Touch -Sensitive Design -Cordless Option - 3 Different Light Settings - Great for Night Time Reading, Work, Studying, or Accent Lighting Perfect for Any Room (Black)
Offered by SELL BELOW COST
Price: $29.00
7 used & new from $23.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for!, October 25, 2015
After a solid 30-minute search for a battery powered desk lamp, this was the perfect find. I work late nights sometimes and needed something stronger than my computer screen to illuminate my graphing calculator while working in my office. I try to keep as minimalist of a desk as possible, meaning that lamps with cords are nothing but first world problems to me. The search started for said lamp, and after comparing to another model on Amazon I went with this one. It was exactly as described. It's I/O switch is via a touch sensor, and each tap goes from off > low power >medium power > high power > back to off. Very intuitive and easy to use. The construction is not world class (it's mostly plastic), however it did the trick and I wouldn't say is "cheaply" made. The adjustable rubber goose neck construction is extremely solid and the base plate is sturdy enough.
It came packaged with a standard AC power source, which is easily removable and doesn't leave the lamp with an obtrusive empty plug when not connected. This was well design with portability in mind, not an afterthought.
I'm not sure on the exact amount of time it lasts on a single charge, but I've had it on for an hour straight out of the box and haven't noticed any sort of dimming. I would highly recommend!

JTC Belt Great Quality Pre-Tied Bow Tie Money
JTC Belt Great Quality Pre-Tied Bow Tie Money
Offered by Low Price Queen
Price: $5.99
7 used & new from $2.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Need a party bow tie? Holla!, October 22, 2015
Heading to a wedding and need a reception bow tie? Boom, you've found it.

Getting the opportunity to be that guest that's dating the made of honor, yet not quite actual family, put me in that position where I was formally requested to look presentable for some formal portraits and other events. I purchased a rockin' blue polka dot bow tie for those occasions. Once the ceremony was over though, it was party bow tie time. That's where this bad boy came in handy. I stripped my polka dot tie off and put this one on.

I will be honest, I was expecting it to be pre tied, yet with a clasp in the back. It is constructed such that it is just a thin piece of elastic that you stretch out to get over your fat (or small head). I was originally disappointed thinking that the elastic would show, or at least it would show that it wasn't a fabric claps tie in the back, but my collar was tight enough to where it did not show at all. All-in-all I would highly recommend!

Genuine Joe GJO02312 Heavy Duty Low-Density Kitchen Trash Bag, 13 gallon Capacity, 33" Width x 24" Height x 0.85 mil Thickness, White (Box of 150)
Price: $12.64
19 used & new from $9.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Not sure what the negative fuss is about..., October 22, 2015
So I purchased this brand cautiously after reading so many comments that this trash bag wouldn't be able to hold any sort of bulk or any trash of substance. "Nothing with corners!" they said. Absolute rubbish (pun intended). This is as strong, if not stranger, as a standard kitchen trash bag. I didn't grow up in a family that needed Glad Super Duper Flex Stretch Bags of any sort, and we seemed to manage just as well. I never remember "OH MY, OUR TRASH BAGS ARE TERRIBLE" growing up, and still never have that thought cross my mind.

Needless to say these trash bags are absolutely fine. From what I could tell they were the best value on Amazon at my time of purchase (10/2015) and get the job done and done well. I'd highly recommend them. That being said no, these are not outdoor trash bags. If you are planning on bagging mulch or cut down tree limbs then purchase the correct bags for the job (*cough* outdoor bags...).

Splatoon
Splatoon
Price: $49.99
111 used & new from $35.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleasantly Surprised, September 24, 2015
This review is from: Splatoon (Video Game)
I put off purchasing this game for a few months before curiosity finally gave way. To put things in some perspective, I'm not a COD fan, or really a fan of any FPS games. They're just not that entertaining to me, personally. I've always been a fan of Nintendo published games, mostly just from a long history of putting out great content. Their games always have a sense of polish to them. I have a tendency (for the WiiU at least) to purchase any Nintendo published game that comes out, if not just for the lack of 3rd party support on the system.

After dismissing Splatoon as Nintendo's newest IP I'm glad that I finally picked it up. The game does a great job of navigating you through a very brief tutorial, which doesn't overwhelm you with options and combinations that you're going to struggle remembering 5 minutes later. After quickly passing through that there is a short introductory video that gives you the latest updates to levels and challenges, and then you're off to the races!

Being one that tends to prefer single player modes, I was initially uneasy about jumping immediately into an online multiplayer match. Little did I know that doing so, while at times overwhelming due the style of game play revolving around seemingly mass chaos, would be an endlessly enjoyable experience. The battles are quick enough to prevent you from getting tired, and exciting enough for you to just want to play one more. I found that the relatively simple controls made it easy for me to not finish dead last in points through my first few rounds, which eased the initial uneasiness of online play. Too many times I've jumped into an online game only to end up consistently last amongst a bunch of players that spend every waking moment playing (see: Halo). Needless to say I did not have any such experience with Splatoon.

In recap, this is a great game. Easy to pick up and learn, ability to play quick games (you can play a couple of rounds in 15 minutes) and its relatively balanced online mode gives this a huge thumbs up from me. Bravo, Nintendo. Now lets see you bring this to the 3DS :)

Super Mario Maker - Nintendo Wii U
Super Mario Maker - Nintendo Wii U
Price: $58.65
86 used & new from $40.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be worse, could be better., September 14, 2015
Who this game is for: Casual Nintendo fans (Super Mario fans, specifically) that prefer to put their creative spin on a classic franchise/game genre (platform games).

Who this game is not for: Hardcore Super Mario Bros/Land fans who are interested in completing legitimately well-designed platform levels.

Let me start from the top: As soon as this was announced at E3 I recall being intrigued, however the excitement that usually trails a Super Mario announcement was not there. I was more interested than excited, but with the end in sight AAA Nintendo-published games for the WiiU I knew I would add it to my collection.

The Pros:
The game is certainly well-published, as almost all Nintendo games are. There is significant replay value, both in the endless level creation component as well as playing what is sure-to-be an endless number of levels generated by way of user content. In that way this is the gift that keeps on giving, at least in theory.

There is something appealing to having an endless Super Mario Bros. of sorts. The level creator provides a significant amount of freedom and options to customize courses and levels. This impressive list of components is way more in-depth than I was anticipating, and the game is better for it. I will admit that you can get lost in designing levels, which is a testament to the game's ease and openness of play. The surprise mushrooms that turn you into random other Nintendo characters was a welcome bonus, providing creators with the ability to create levels inspired by other games. For instance, I'm a huge fan of the original Wario Land on GameBoy and had the pleasure of playing a level as Wario that even mimicked the soundtrack and noises of the original game. That was a real treat.

The Cons:
As I read in a 1-star review on here, and have to agree, 99.99% of users of this gamer are terrible at designing levels. Not just terrible, but as a fan of the series, an absolute disgrace to what we are all accustomed to. It's easy to point the "purist" finger at my reaction, however it's the honest truth. So many of the community levels I have tried have been sub-par at best. My favorite levels (insert sarcasm) are the ones appropriately titled "Don't Touch Anything" and literally just has Mario moving about the course by way of cleverly placed level mechanics. Entertaining? Sure. Fun? Not so much. I liken playing some community levels to watching television. If I wanted that I would do so.

I find myself spending anywhere from 1-1.5 hours building a well-though out "this-is-what-Nintendo-would-do" levels, only to play some hack's level called "Follow the Shell," whereas you are supposed to keep up on the level at the speed a shell on a platform above you is traveling only to reach the end, losing the shell along the way, and end up stuck because the shell was supposed to break a brick at the end that allowed you to reach the flagpole exit. This sort of experience is frequently the case, and is extremely unfortunate. It's one thing to flex creative muscle, it's another upload this sort of garbage. Unfortunately Nintendo's requirement that the level creator must complete said level prior to upload doesn't do enough to ensure that what is being uploaded is of any quality at all.

Summary: Would I recommend this game to WiiU owners? Probably, however not without an asterisk. Pick it up if you are more interested in seeing everyone's crazy random ideas turned into reality. Pass if you are wanting a Nintendo-like Super Mario experience.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 17, 2015 5:00 AM PDT

ZzzQuil Nighttime Sleep-Aid Liquid Warming Berry Flavor Twin Pack 24 Fl Oz
ZzzQuil Nighttime Sleep-Aid Liquid Warming Berry Flavor Twin Pack 24 Fl Oz
8 used & new from $13.79

5.0 out of 5 stars ZzzQuil is an amazing short-term solution, however be careful., June 19, 2015
As an entrepreneur my window for rest is extremely small. So much so that any time allocated for sleep needs to be spent actually sleeping. For years I struggled with this, and would take forever to fall asleep, only to wake up on 3-5 hours of sleep and struggle to get through the day. The struggle is real when you're trying to create jobs and are the chief decision maker for everything.

One night, after desperately needing a nap around 4pm, I knew I was going to have a hard time getting to sleep at my allocated bed time (10:30p). I decided to go ahead and take NyQuil to knock me out. It worked, like really, really well. I looked into alternate sleep aids, as I did not want to make taking NyQuil a habitual exercise, and finally settled on ZzzQuil. It works like a charm, and I'd highly recommend it. I'm a 25 year old male, about 5' 8" and 160 pounds. I noticed symptoms of drowsiness within about 10-15 minutes and was sounds asleep in under 30 minutes.

Now there are a couple of things to keep in mind with using ZzzQuil. First off, while you can use it daily for a short period of time (2-3 weeks), it will start to lose its effectiveness unless you increase your dosage. Secondly, increasing your dosage is not recommended. I noticed a very strange disconnect between my mind and body after escalating the dosage, most likely due to a mild overdose high. I strongly do not recommend driving or operating machinery after taking this. I noticed difficulty focusing on going down the stairs, strange lucid dreams and eventually severely declining effectiveness that resulted in waking up multiple times during the night. All this being said, these side effects admittedly began following my decision to disregard the recommended dosage, and should not be a reflection of the product if used as instructed.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely incredible!, May 28, 2015
Over the past few years, as I've noticed the video game industry head in the way of digital, I have stockpiled classic cartridges from Gameboy, SNES, NES and GBA. While I always will take playing them on their original systems over any other method, I started ripping the ROMs off of the cartridges (with the Retrode) and stockpiling a Nexus tablet with the files to "digitize" my collection. I have never been a fan of the touchscreen controls. Other bluetooth controllers, while adequate, failed to really recreate the feeling of a classic gaming controller. Whether it was the analog joysticks used or general clunkiness, I just couldn't find one that I really enjoyed using.

After a bit of recent research I stumbled across this bad boy. I was so excited about it that I overnighted the thing. I am so glad that I did. Once it arrived I unboxed it and charged it up. Pairing it with my tablet was a breeze. There is no "on/off" button, rather you press and hold start for the controller to turn on. Once I figured that out everything was a breeze. The controller feels fantastic, the closest thing to a classic SNES controller that I have every felt outside of the genuine thing.

The controller is extremely responsive as well. I had no noticeable lag difference over the wired SNES controller. Yes, I am aware that technically a wire controller will always be more responsive, however there was no discernible difference that I felt in using this one. The controller feels great and is easy to use. If you're looking for a great replica Bluetooth SNES controller, this is the one.

MLC EYEWEAR ® Polarized Retro 80s Classic Wayfarer Retro Sunglasses (black, polarized)
Offered by MyLux Connection
Price: $15.99
2 used & new from $6.55

5.0 out of 5 stars You know you want to.., May 27, 2015
Let's be real. These are like $5 and some change on Amazon. Are you someone who loses sunglasses on the regular and you're tired of shelling out $100 for a nice pair of shades? That used to be me. I've had these for over a year now and have had absolutely no problems whatsoever. The build quality on these are surprisingly good for a less-than-$10 pair of sunglasses. The polarized lenses are definitely polarized. I'm one who prefers to wear more name brand apparel, but these sunglasses look great and do the trick. Oh, and I haven't lost this pair yet. If I did I would certainly purchase another.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4