Profile for Csaba Erdelyi > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Csaba Erdelyi RSS Feed (Hungary, UK, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Enescu: String Octet in C Major / Strauss, R.: String Sextet
Enescu: String Octet in C Major / Strauss, R.: String Sextet
Price: $8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Great job - but far from inspiring, May 26, 2014
The Enescu Octet is one of the greatest, most challenging works in the chamber music repertoire written by a teenage East European genius. The Strauss Sextet is unique in its heartfelt sensitivity and Viennese grandeur, and the Shostakovich 2 Pieces for Octet call for an understanding of large Russian spaces and barbaric violence. The Academy of St. Martin's is a world-renowned professional ensemble, which obviously worked hard to master the considerable difficulties of intonation and ensemble. Tackling those areas they sound outstanding. But when it comes to creating a convincing atmosphere, to play from their soul and heart, truly identifying themselves with each composer, these excellent musicians remain cool and uninspiring. They have traveled the world, they certainly know what the composers wanted, but they don't risk going all the way. If you want to hear WHY those composers wrote these pieces, this is not the recording for you.

Premium Thyroid Support Supplements w/ L-Tyrosine, Iodine (From Kelp), Green Tea Leaf Extract, Guggulipid, Bacopa monniera , Selenium And Vitamin A, B6, C & D - 100% Natural Herbal Formula For Complete Thyroid Gland Functional Support - Promote Thyroid Hormone Production - Boost Metabolism & Energy Level - 60 Vcaps - Vegetarian Formula
Offered by CulTao
Price: $27.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good ingredients, May 22, 2014
I chose this particular thyroid supplement because of the combination and balanced amounts of its ingredients. My doctor recommended that I should only take a modest amount of iodine (300 mcg qualifies for that), and he likes the rich offerings of different vitamins, minerals and healing herbal ingredients in the serving. I have been using this product for over a month now and I feel very good with a lot of energy.

Rag-time for Eleven Instruments
Rag-time for Eleven Instruments
Offered by SONY Music Entertainment Downloads LLC.
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, rhythmic performance, May 11, 2014
I am going to play this piece soon, so I purchased this recording to help my preparations before going to the first rehearsal. It was a good choice, it helped me a lot. Very clear, excellent performance.

Sibelius, Adès: Violin Concertos
Sibelius, Adès: Violin Concertos
Price: $8.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding musicianship from both soloist and conductor, April 3, 2014
I played in the orchestra accompanying Augustin Hadelich in the finals when he won the 2006 Indianapolis Violin Competition.
I have been following his career ever since. Here is a young genius with the quality of tone and depth of true musicianship that reminds me of Yehudi Menuhin in his prime.

I have also had the privilege to play Sibelius under the baton of Hannu Lintu. He is one of the rare, really exciting, original conductors today, who has the courage to seek and bring out the hidden treasures in compositions. I am delighted that these two wonderful artists have found each other. Choosing to pair Sibelius with Ades was a great idea to help us to understand both composers better. This CD is a must for all classical music lovers.

Teekanne Tea, Rose Hip & Hibiscus Flowers,  20 - Teabags, 2.12 Ounce,  (Pack of 5)
Teekanne Tea, Rose Hip & Hibiscus Flowers, 20 - Teabags, 2.12 Ounce, (Pack of 5)
Price: $16.00
4 used & new from $16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best rose hip tea on the market, March 27, 2013
I drink rose hip tea regularly. I have tried several brands and I find Teekanne the freshest, richest, most flavorful among them.
I also like to mix it half-and-half with Teekanne peppermint tea.

Flying Beyond: Improvisations on Bamboo Flute
Flying Beyond: Improvisations on Bamboo Flute
Price: $15.71
17 used & new from $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the greatest world musicians of our time, March 27, 2013
I was having lunch at an Indian restaurant and there came this amazing, captivating sound through the speakers. I stopped eating, I was totally transported to a timeless, sensuous, deeply alive reality, which is latent in all of us, but mostly forgotten in our busy "civilized" daily living. I asked the waiter who the flute player was and he showed me the CD cover with great reverence. I then went to research Maestro Chaurasia on the internet. Just like the late Ravi Shankar, this genius who learned the traditional bamboo flute in rural India, has developed into a musical messenger of worldwide importance. In addition to this CD that I bought from Amazon I have also found more wonderful Chaurasia CDs in Indian grocery stores. He channels music from the heavens.

AeroBed 16812 Memory Foam Inflatable Aero Air Bed: Full Size
AeroBed 16812 Memory Foam Inflatable Aero Air Bed: Full Size

1.0 out of 5 stars leaked badly the first time, December 15, 2011
When we used this air mattress for the first time. after inflation it leaked so badly that it went flat in two minutes. I noticed a tear right next to the hard plastic center. I did put a patch on the hole but even then the air was coming out all around the edge of the plastic line. I contacted Amazon who sent me to the seller. The seller sent me to the manufacturer who told me that the product is discontinued so they cannot replace it. A month later I still don't have an air bed nor my money back.

Joyce Chen 31-0066, Nonstick Steel Dome Lid for 14-Inch Wok
Joyce Chen 31-0066, Nonstick Steel Dome Lid for 14-Inch Wok
Price: $11.95
2 used & new from $11.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Had to send it back, September 25, 2011
The lid was carelessly packaged. It arrived bent, warped, oval shaped, did not fit the round wok at all. Made of cheap material, buy something better!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 20, 2011 8:03 AM PDT

Grey Genuine Sheepskin Seat Belt Shoulder Pad Cover - Pair
Grey Genuine Sheepskin Seat Belt Shoulder Pad Cover - Pair
Offered by Rylee Industries, Inc.
Price: $16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleasant to wear, September 25, 2011
Both my wife and I have these on our seat belts, hers is natural sheepskin color and mine is black. They are very comfy, especially in the summer when the seat belt would touch the skin directly. I just wish the velcro area would be made a little wider so one could wrap the thing around the belt a little tighter.

Gyorgy Sandor plays Bartok
Gyorgy Sandor plays Bartok
Price: $10.98
28 used & new from $4.64

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for those who want to understand the true Bartók, October 27, 2010
It is a revelation to hear Sandor's performances of the 3 Bartok Piano Concertos. Sandor was the closest to the Source; he studied the First and Second Concertos with Bartok for 4 years, and he was with him during the composition of the Third. After Bartok died, it was Sandor who gave the world premiere of the Third Concerto and went on to perform it worldwide.

By now many great pianists have recorded these 3 concertos. Each bring something special of their own to the music, but one sometimes feels that the brilliant performances may be a substitute for understanding Bartok's deep compositional process.

This CD is both a historical document and a treasure to remain for all ages. Sandor is congenial with his Master, he brings clarity and understanding to even the deepest and most complex points, which then makes Bartok easy to listen to. Sandor's tone is pure, evocative, eloquent, energetic, powerful, but never tiring because he makes wonderful phrases even from the most "barbaric" passages. In each concerto he takes us onto a journey of amazing discoveries and leads us on to exhilarating, brilliant conclusions.

Page: 1 | 2