Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for foggymtn > Reviews

Browse

foggymtn's Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

foggymtn RSS Feed

Best Bike Phone Mount, IPhone 6, Plus, 5, 5S, Smartphone, Handlebar, Cell Phone, Mobile, Universal GPS Holder, Bicycle, Motorcycle, Galaxy Edge, Note 4, S6, Amazon, Silicone Band, HTC, PDA Suitable
Offered by All Out Inspired
Price: $10.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Installation was easy and it mounted on the handlebar of my fat ..., April 16, 2016
I received and installed the Bike Phone Mount today and used it shortly afterwards. Installation was easy and it mounted on the handlebar of my fat tire bike in perfect position for iPhone use with an exercise and distance app. It stayed rock steady during road and off road use and doesn’t obstruct bike operations. Because I use an extra thick auxiliary battery case on my iPhone 5s, I was able to use only the upper portion of the rubber securing feature, but the phone was solid in the mount regardless.

I am very happy with the product and the speed of delivery through Amazon.

Vetelli Leather Toiletry Bag for Men (Dopp Kit) with Travel Bottles
Vetelli Leather Toiletry Bag for Men (Dopp Kit) with Travel Bottles
Offered by Vetelli
Price: $54.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Vetelli a perfect replacement for lost bag, December 14, 2015
I just received the Vetelli leather bag and found it to be perfect for my needs. The leather and stitching quality are excellent and the double compartment design very useful. I don't think anyone could go wrong with this beautiful bag at an amazing price for the high quality. This bag replaced a heavily used and much loved dopp kit that was stollen from my vehicle at a motel parking lot earlier this year...the Vetelli is an excellent replacement and looks like it will hold up well in the long run.

Flexifoil 2.05m Power Kite, Big Buzz Sport Foil - Safe, Reliable, Durable Family Orientated Power Kiting
Offered by Flexifoil International
Price: $135.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent construction., May 28, 2015
This kite is a strong performer but fairly simple for this novice. It has not been damaged at all by several hard crashes as I learned how to handle it. 15 MPH winds nearly lifted my portly 215# off the beach at several points, so care is needed for lighter flyers in robust breezes. Excellent construction.

Anker 2nd Gen Astro Pro2 20000mAh 4-Port Aluminum Portable External Battery Charger with 9V/12V Multi-Voltage Port and PowerIQ Technology for Smartphones, Tablets, and more

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, August 26, 2014
This Anker product has been perfect for my needs and operates flawlessly. I keep all of my iStuff charged without having to look for car charging cords, wall outlets or adapters. Anker really went all out on this item with an enclosed card thanking the buyer if satisfied or giving all sorts of contacts if not. Needless to say, I am on the very satisfied side.

The battery is well made, extremely solid, comes with a nice carry bag and charges all of my devices with no problems at all.

DJI Phantom 2 Vision Quadcopter with Integrated FPV Camcorder (White) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
23 used & new from $409.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Two thumbs up for the DJI Phantom 2 Vision, August 24, 2014
After assembly, battery charging, viewing a lot of videos about how to operate, my first flight of the DJI Phantom 2 Vision went very well. I couldn't wait for the wind to calm completely, but found a large field and made the first flight with about 15 MPH wind blowing. Completion of the initial check list took only a short time before all lights were green for launch. Even in fairly gusty winds, the GPS kept the quad within a two foot wide circle with little effort. I used the enclosed Pilot Training Guide to make increasingly difficult flight patterns and even turned the flight transmitter off to test the automatic return home feature. It was somewhat frightening to see the quad soar to 60 feet and hover a bit before returning to the initial GPS home point and gently landing...all on its own.

Everything worked perfectly out of the box and the only criticism I can make is the fairly minimal amount of instructional material enclosed. I found all the information I needed, however, on the Internet and within dozens of videos available, was able to update the firmware on the quad and the camera with little effort.

I didn't purchase the Plus version because I am not a professional cinematographer and don't need the 3-axis gimbal. The cost savings allowed me to purchase a couple of extra batteries and a few other goodies. Yesterday's test flight gets two thumbs up and I look forward to using the quad video and still photo capabilities as we travel.

Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Power Edition Quadricopter - 2 HD Batteries - 36 minutes of flying time - Red
Offered by Brand Name Beat
Price: $237.80
18 used & new from $189.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, fine flying, July 23, 2014
I had a few difficulties starting out when using iPad Mini and iPhone 5s, but solved all that after purchasing the Nvidia Android controller. All of my flights have been in an area with a large number of powerful Wifi systems, which might have something to do with unexpected control issues. Most of my flights have been without incident, however, and I have yet to crash.

This quad is fun to operate, is fairly well built and can take decent, although not professional level, video. I highly recommend adding an Android Nvidia controller for positive, tactile thumb paddle flying.

I have been getting 15-18 minute flights with the upgrade 1500ma batteries (I have 4) and look forward to flying in scenic areas away from strong Wifi signals. This is a great little toy for the techie big boy!

Rand McNally TripMaker RVND 5510 5-Inch RV GPS
Rand McNally TripMaker RVND 5510 5-Inch RV GPS

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good right out of the box, June 23, 2011
The RVND 5510 GPS unit replaced a Garmin 3520 that we had used since 2004. Due to high cost of map updates, we hadn't purchased a new map set since 2007.

The RVND 5510 is a Rand McNally update of their truck series GPS units and provides information specific to travel with RV's. Features are unique and extensive. The user can enter specific RV type, weight, overall length and height to help the unit determine best rig specific routing.

Although we haven't used the device while towing our large fifth wheel trailer, I have told it we were driving our RV to see if routing features worked as advertised. They do.

With one tap, the user can select the RV or car, which changes routing choices accordingly. We have used the unit mostly in "car" mode selecting fastest or shortest routes, which is common for most travel GPS devices.

The Rand McNally seems no better or worse than previous GPS units we have used as far as map and route accuracy is concerned. We have found that it still helps to have a paper map available and/or some Google Earth pre-trip preparation made before traveling to unfamiliar places. There are only so many updates that the programmers can provide over time, and changes in roadways occur regularly.

Since the device can be connected to either Mac or PC's for regular updates, the POI and construction area information can be kept substantially current. Several construction areas near our current location have been accurately advised. This is an excellent feature.

When traveling on major roadways, mileposts are noted on the screen. This information is important when looking for a specific location or when reporting accidents or road emergencies or for any call for assistance.

When routing is enabled, the device advises of upcoming speed reductions at specified distances. The user can also put speed parameters in preferences that allow the device to warn of over speed driving.

There are two selectable "voices"...Tom (the male voice) and Samantha (the female voice). The voices are not terribly annoying.

The currently available 5" diagonal screen is adequate for our vehicle but might not be large enough for a coach, depending on unit placement. The "voices" are volume controlled and can be easily heard in the driver and passenger positions.

PRO:

Works as advertised

Adequate size for our specific vehicle

Very readable screen

Milepost marking

Specific visual and audio warnings

Lots of RV specific information in a small package

Excellent suction cup window mount...heavy duty!

Seems to be accurate

Solid manufacture

Easy mounting and removal from window mount

No Garmin audio "Off route, recalculating!"

CON:

Left hand power connector obstructs closer mounting to window post

Direct or angle sunlight on unit tends to washout screen visibility

Cost a little on the high side for units of this type...but lots of good features

Rand McNally hasn't advised map update pricing yet (as far as I know)

Instructions not good...pretty much learn as you go (no problem for me)

Speed reduction warnings not engaged unless route entered

The Rand McNally GPS unit worked right out of the package and has not failed us at any point during the past three week long trial runs. I can't wait to get hooked up and underway with the device leading the way.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 12, 2014 11:14 PM PDT