Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
Profile for nobody > Reviews

Browse

nobody's Profile

Customer Reviews: 64

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

nobody RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
PROSUPPLIES Mossberg 500 Remington 870 BR Mount + QD Sling Swivel for Flashlight and Laser
Offered by ProSupplies
Price: $15.95
2 used & new from $15.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Slides from vibration., June 10, 2016
Slides from vibration when firing while attached, even when tightened as far as could be without stripping the screws. This is because of the shape, which is hexagonal compared to the round tube it fits onto. Mine drove right into the coupler between the mag tube and barrel (a stock part on the 870 express tactical) and moved that piece, which in turn dug into the steel mag tube so badly that the burr it caused prevented both this mount and the coupler part from sliding off even after the screws were fully loosened (on the two screws that can be accessed while mounted on my setup). All of this happened without even having a flashlight mounted.

To visualize what is happening, it helps to realize that as the gun fires, it kicks backwards, and drags everything attached to it along for the ride. Objects at rest tend to want to stay at rest unless acted upon by a force, and in this case the gun's ammo tube is moving backward and so this part (initially at rest) drives forward relative to that tube. In my case it slipped one tiny bit with each shot, eventually pushing into the coupler part and damaging the tube.

The engineers of this part did everything else right, even using the best type of screws for the job (machine cap screws), but the hexagonal design is a problem when the unit depends on static friction to hold it in place.

If one is only using this for defense duty or otherwise when not firing it much, then I would guess it will work ok, but definitely not for taking to live fire practice.

I'm sure that many people might think I didn't tighten the screws enough, but I did check this many times.

I also noticed that this unit holds a flashlight too close to the tube to not be in conflict with other parts, at least on the model 870 that I have. Small, totally cylindrical flashlights would be fine, but ones that have a larger focusing element greater than 1.5" will not fit.

bobuCuisine's Spectacular Glass Globe Salt and Pepper Grinder Set - Easily Adjustable Grinder to Control Coarseness - Cover Lid to Keep Freshness

1.0 out of 5 stars Cannot wash these, January 6, 2016
Instructions indicate that these can only be cleaned by wiping them off, and to keep water out. This is unacceptable for food grade hardware. These are going back.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 10, 2016 8:39 AM PST

Rolodex Mesh Collection Business Card Holder, Black (22251ELD)
Rolodex Mesh Collection Business Card Holder, Black (22251ELD)
Price: $2.78
79 used & new from $1.35

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality -- serious manufacturing defect, August 24, 2015
Ordered 4 of these due to the positive reviews and low price. All 4 of them had a manufacturing defect where they are all bent at an angle in the horizontal sense as one views them from the front (the fold at the top was not bent correctly, causing the rest of the frame to be misaligned). This holds the cards at an angle relative to frame and is extremely ugly. The frame also doesn't sit flat on the desk surface -- it wobbles due to the weird angle on which it was bent. Even the "Rolodex" sign was glued on at a crooked angle relative to the mesh frame. These are of the lowest quality I have seen. Avoid these if you care about the presentation of your business cards. Rolodex has some serious quality control issues to address with this product.

Cisco ASA5505-50-BUN-K9 Asa 5505 Security Appliance
Cisco ASA5505-50-BUN-K9 Asa 5505 Security Appliance
111 used & new from $126.05

1.0 out of 5 stars Cisco service is terrible, November 4, 2014
Requirements to effectively use this product securely: (1) have familiarity with the Cisco command line interface, such as Cisco IOS. (2) A method to obtain the latest firmware and software, which at the time of this writing is only via Cisco SmartNet contract, which runs about $100/yr. (3) Another $70 contract with Cisco to buy the license for the Cisco Anyconnect VPN service (not a required method of VPN but many people think this is included here).

Other reviews claim that the 90 warranty period covers software downloads, and even a Cisco web chat customer service agent made this claim to me, but when I called Cisco tech support to enable my account to download software they said I needed a SmartNet contract. I tried to reason with them, even telling them I received this false info from the chat session (for which I even have a transcript), but they refused every attempt at reason and were not friendly. SmartNet is required for updates, period.

My Amazon order was fulfilled by a 3rd party, but I was very pleased with them -- they shipped it very quickly and it was packaged well. They even included a nice mouse pad. However, they don't sell SmartNet contracts for this, so I went with CDW (only one I was familiar with). They called me after my web purchase to get the serial number and then I never heard from them again -- no info was ever sent in any e-mail or paper mail (only the order confirmation). I finally resolved this by contacting them and then Cisco, giving my serial number to Cisco allowed them to add the contract to my account and enable downloads (only for this device -- Cisco took away the ability to download anything else now, further damaging their already poor customer service reputation).

The SmartNet contract I ordered was CON-SNT-AS5B50K9. This includes 1 year of warranty with next day replacement and all the software downloads. As I understand it, this can go on indefinitely if I renew it every year. $100/year seems expensive, but provides uptime and piece of mind, along with software updates. However, their technical support is useless and I wonder what would happen if my equipment actually did fail -- I get the feeling they would find a reason to argue with me to no end.

This device should not be installed and configured by those who are not technical -- even some IT pros may have difficulty setting some things up correctly, such as VPN.

I also suggest using the command line to do the config.

From the Cisco's own 2014 mid-year security report: "Java exploits represented 91 percent of IOCs in November 2013, according to the Cisco 2014 Annual Security Report; that figure rose slightly to 93 percent as of May 2014." IOC = Indicator of Compromise (i.e. it has been hacked).

So guess what Cisco uses for a GUI to manage and configure their routers, switches, and security devices like this one -- that's right, JAVA! This is why I recommend using only the command line to config the device.

Cisco has done some really dumb things lately (Java, customer service, no free downloads, no gigabit interface speeds, charging customers for VPN that this should have done out-of-the-box). It seems like Cisco is going down the tubes fast -- a real shame since they used to be such a good company. This will be my very last purchase of a Cisco product unless they somehow completely reverse their horrendous customer service. A security and/or networking device is only as good as the people standing behind it.

So long Cisco it was nice while it lasted.

Out Of Exile
Out Of Exile
Price: $7.39
273 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor Master, October 24, 2014
This review is from: Out Of Exile (Audio CD)
I like the music itself, but this CD shipped to me with a very low quality sound -- it is as if the master was made with a low grade mp3, where the higher frequencies have a weird hiss (the telltale tin can noise). I don't know if this is due to the CD master made by the distribution company that is used by Amazon or if this was done in the original, or perhaps I received a counterfeit.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2016 10:39 PM PST

Smart Weigh CSB2KG Cuisine Digital Kitchen Scale with Removable Bowl, 2kg by 0.1g, Black
Offered by EasyOrder
Price: $12.99
6 used & new from $12.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not accurate to 0.1 g, August 14, 2014
This scale has 0.1 g readability -- this is NOT the same thing as 0.1 g precision! This scale may only be accurate to within +/- 1 g, but it has a display that shows reads more than that. Don't be tricked by this. I tested my unit and noticed it fluctuate by at least +/- 0.4 g and then noticed that the instructions say to calibrate with a 2000 g calibration weight. Nobody uses a 2000 g calibration weight (try to find a decent one and see how much it costs). There is no option for anything other than 2000 g. The scale started to swing wildly in measurements for me -- +/- several grams, so the one I received must have been defective. The weighing surface is a cheap plastic. This unit might be fine for those who only need to measure at low accuracy, but one should not buy this for 0.1 g accuracy as this is false advertising.

Briggs 650-4004-0121 Bulb Syringe Sterile, 2 Ounce
Briggs 650-4004-0121 Bulb Syringe Sterile, 2 Ounce
Price: $3.02
13 used & new from $2.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice., July 23, 2014
The same bulb as given by the hospital. Great quality.

Monoprice 100096 3-Feet DCE/DTE DB60 Crossover Cable
Monoprice 100096 3-Feet DCE/DTE DB60 Crossover Cable
Price: $10.55
11 used & new from $8.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected., July 23, 2014
Used this to connect two Cisco routers via WIC1T cards. I set the line speed and mode and it works perfectly (no CSU/DSU required).

Plugable USB to RS-232 DB9 Serial Adapter (Prolific PL2303HX Rev D Chipset)
Plugable USB to RS-232 DB9 Serial Adapter (Prolific PL2303HX Rev D Chipset)
Offered by Plugable Technologies
Price: $14.95
10 used & new from $11.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected., July 23, 2014
I used this with a Macbook Pro running Mavericks and also with a Raspberry Pi (Raspbian Wheezy). In both cases I connected it to Cisco routers and switches via DB9 to RJ45 serial console cable, using minicom. I didn't try it with Windows yet, but it has been working perfectly with Mac and Linux so far.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected., July 23, 2014
Works as expected. I used this in my home router lab. I plugged it into my c2801 router and connected to a c1841 router via DTE/DCE cross connect cable from monoprice. Configure line speed and encapsulation and all is well, routing over this serial "T1" line, without any other equipment (a CSU/DSU would be required if going over an actual telco line instead of crossover cable).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7