Profile for Raymond H. Mullen > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 323

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Raymond H. Mullen "Trust others, but pack your own parachute." RSS Feed (Shawnee, Ok)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Twelve Years a Slave
Twelve Years a Slave
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An Important Look at a Dark Time in American History, September 6, 2014
We should never stoop this low again. Slavery, under even the 'best' of owners was an inhumane institution. The greatest thing about this book is that it's a first person narrative. Who can convey a true story better than the one that has lived it. I have read many books on this subject, some good:some not so good. This one, however stands alone as it takes you through the daily life of those unfortunate people.
Read this one---to your children---to your grandchildren.

Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference?
Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference?
by Philip Yancey
Price: $16.75
252 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Complete and Thought Provoking, August 28, 2014
This is an honest, bare knuckle approach to a rather difficult subject. Prayer is a very personal conversation with God. There are so many answers and examples of this intimate conversation contained within the pages of this book that may really explain things about prayer that we may have all thought of but were reluctant to ask.
You may not agree with all the contents of this read, but will miss an important message if you judge it too harshly. I am happy to add this to my Christian library and will use it as a text/study item.

Ipow the Latest Premium 3 in 1 Mulitifunctional Ultra Sharp Vegetable Julienne Peeler Cutter Slicer with Soft Rubber Grips Handle for Potatoes,carrots, Zucchini,parsnip, Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Noodle 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Offered by NORTHERN LIGHTS USA INC
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Addition for the Cook in your House, August 22, 2014
This is one of those rare items that actually lives up to its' claims. Lightweight, yet strong---multiple functions---really sharp blades.
My wife absolutely loves it!

Ozera 4 Colors of 12 Sets BPA Free Silicone Baking Cup Cupcake Liners Perfect for Muffin, Mini Cakes, Snacks, Frozen Treats and Any Dessert - Quick Baking & Cooling - Easy Loaf Removal - 100% Food Grade Silicone Baking Molds
Offered by Ozera
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I like these things., August 18, 2014
I guess this will be a 'mixed' review of this product. I love these things. You can just 'pop' out your cupcake (which remains intact) with no mess. They baked really nice and even. The only reason I gave it only 4 stars is because my wife thinks they were difficult in cleaning (in the dishwasher) because they held water and had to be dried manually.

Stant 10510 Locking Fuel Cap
Stant 10510 Locking Fuel Cap
Price: $12.46
22 used & new from $10.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Item at a Great Price, August 1, 2014
This fit my vehicle perfectly, without any alterations or problems. It does the job it is intended to do and is probably hated by the person that I
(donated) some of my precious gas to.

By John Eldredge - Walking with God: Talk to Him. Hear from Him. Really. (3/16/08)
by John Eldredge
11 used & new from $5.62

4.0 out of 5 stars Honest, Interesting and Thought Provoking, August 1, 2014
I picked up this book at a thrift store. Isn't it strange how God leads us to things? This one's a keeper. Eldredge did not portray 'walking with God' as a 'walk in the park.' He was almost brutally honest as he takes you through, not only the joys but also the trials and problems that attack him through the 'king' of liars.
Why do we, as Christians put on the 'mask' of 'bliss' when we are suffering? The author takes us in to his deepest thoughts: some of them dark ones.
Walk with him as he walks with God through a year of ups and downs. Listen to how he (and God) faces these challenges.
An interesting note: When I started reading this work I realized the former owner had made some notes and some underlining in pencil. At first, I was a bit disappointed at this. Then, early on all this stopped. I have to think the reader, for some reason lost interest. What a loss for them! What a victory for Satan.
This is not the usual type of book on faith and struggles. Stick with it to the end. You may see a lot of yourself.

The Complete Insider's Guide to Dogs (Dog Insider Series Book 6)
The Complete Insider's Guide to Dogs (Dog Insider Series Book 6)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'Must Have' for Dog Owners, July 26, 2014
What a great read! If you are a dog owner, or plan to become one, you just must have this book. I have had dogs as a part of my life (an important part) since I was a kid. To be honest, I thought I was pretty well qualified to take care of my friends after all of these years. Well, you've heard before that 'You can't teach old dogs new tricks.'
This 'old dog' learned a whole lot from Caesar Owens. The only complaint that I might have is that this is available only on my Kindle. A book this important would be so much more useful and handy if it were in a printed format. Mr Owens offered me this read in exchange for my review. I had trouble downloading from his link but just decided to purchase it from Amazon. I'm glad I did!
All you have to do is read 'the table of contents' to realize how much you need this work.

The Secret Battle
The Secret Battle
Price: $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars This should be in your library., July 26, 2014
This review is from: The Secret Battle (Kindle Edition)
War, any war claims victims not only in their body but also their soul. For those that look on war and its' affects on mankind as 'romantic' or 'exciting' should read this book.
Many young men go off to war thinking they are the one that will make a difference. That's a delusion.
What we today call PTSD and earlier, Shell Shock has ruined the very core of countless warriors.
The character, Henry Penrose although fictional is a very accurate picture of soldiers in combat and their reactions. A forward by Winston Churchill really adds to the significance of the book. One quote contained within may just sum up this whole subject. "Pray you'll never know, the hell where youth and laughter go."

The Massive Book of Bible Trivia, Volume 1: 1,200 Bible Trivia Quizzes (A Massive Book of Bible Quizzes)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'Must Have', July 21, 2014
Wow! You think you know your Bible pretty well? Start going through the quizzes, etc. in this collection and you might be surprised. This book is very well researched and, in my opinion can be fully trusted on its' content.
Whether you want to just have some fun or use this as a tool for your ministry it would be very difficult to find so many facts packed into any other book.

The Bible For Dummies
The Bible For Dummies
by Jeffrey C. Geoghegan
Price: $16.56
149 used & new from $7.88

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Study Help, July 21, 2014
This review is from: The Bible For Dummies (Paperback)
As in all the 'Dummies' series, this one gives a pretty simple (and sometimes funny) look at its' subject.
I often turn to it in my Bible studies for an overlook on a particular scripture or Biblical character.
I have found it a great addition to my library.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20