Profile for Raymond H. Mullen > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 367

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Raymond H. Mullen "Trust others, but pack your own parachute." RSS Feed (Shawnee, Ok)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Coccyx Seat Cushion by VIVE - Ergonomic Orthopedic High-Density Foam for Comfort - Best Indoors and Outdoors for Dining Chair, Car / Automobile, Bleacher, Kitchen, Office, Wheelchairs - LIFETIME GUARANTEE (Gray)
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars "What a relief it is", March 5, 2015
I have constant and moderately severe back pain due to past injuries and degenerative disks. I have had similar cushions before but none really lived up to their claims.
This one is so much better. For one thing, the design is not square but ergonomically shaped. Secondly, the foam does not 'flatten' out when you sit on it. Third, the outside material is soft and comfortable. It also has a zippered cover that can be removed and washed.
I used this the first day at my computer desk and loved it. The second day, I put it in my car and again I loved it. Then came the problem. Which would win out?
Well, how about using it when I drive then bringing it into the house when I'm done? Best of both worlds.
This is a nice versatile and useful product.

Soldiers in the Shadows: Unknown Warriors Who Changed the Course of History
Soldiers in the Shadows: Unknown Warriors Who Changed the Course of History
by William Weir
37 used & new from $0.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Important Addition for History buffs, February 26, 2015
The title of this book clearly explains its' content. The 'unknown warriors' are, for the most part men you have never heard of. That does not diminish their role in history however.
The book cover several unsung heros from different countries and wars.
From the American Civil War through WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam the author brings history that you may be very unaware of.
This not a fast or easy read. At times you may find yourself a bit overwhelmed with statistics, characters and places but read on. It is worth it.

Blood Pressure Monitor by VIVE - Best Automatic Digital Upper Arm BPM - Guaranteed Accuracy, Perfect for Home Use - 2 YEAR WARRANTY (Silver)
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An exceptional addition to your health needs, February 25, 2015
This is so simple to use, even by yourself. It is loaded with features. ie: blood pressure, pulse, memory (for two people) The digital read out is quite visible. We gave away our old monitor after receiving this
I can't imagine a better unit and the price is right..

6 x Solo Coffee Pod Filters Compatible with Keurig K cup coffee system--Reusable Coffee Filter (DESIGN 1, 1)
Offered by Modern Home Products
Price: $16.50
5 used & new from $11.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product at a good price, February 18, 2015
Well made and fits perfectly. An easy way to make your favorite coffee, etc. in a Keurig. With these, you might even have fun blending different coffees to make your own 'perfect' blend. Also, you do not have to pay department store prices for this item.

Digital Bathroom Scale by VIVE - Best Selling, Accurate Weight Scale - 2 YEAR WARRANTY (Silver)
Price: $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful 'glass' design, February 18, 2015
Beautiful 'glass' design. Easy read-out. Thin enough to put under your bed, nightstand, etc. This is a good one and is highly accurate.

Miracle at the Higher Grounds Cafe
Miracle at the Higher Grounds Cafe
Offered by HarperCollins Christian Publishing
Price: $9.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Light, Inspiring story, February 13, 2015
What can I say? I love coffee and I love the writing of Max Lucado. This story was just the best of both worlds for me. The story of this special coffee house, its' owner, patrons and 'other' guests is such a breath of fresh air. Even though it deals with real life problems and frustrating issues it does it in a beautiful way that will hold the reader's interest all the way through the book. It is also a story of hope, healing and faith.
I have always called Max Lucado a 'word artist' and this fresh, new novel absolutely confirms his gift as a Christian author. I hope he continues to write novels as well as his many other genres.

The Things They Carried
The Things They Carried
by Tim O'Brien
Price: $9.54
683 used & new from $2.67

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'Once in a While' Masterpiece, February 10, 2015
Just like you, I read, read, then read some more. I'm picky about what I read. I research before I choose what to read next. For that reason, I usually like what I read. However sometimes I pick up a book that goes way beyond my expectations. A read that grabs me and won't let go. A Masterpiece. This is one of those masterpieces.
What is the purpose of a true story? What is the purpose of a 'not so true' story. If it's done in the right way, what does it matter? Tim O'Brien, a Vietnam Veteran himself, takes you along into that terrible time when men went off to fight in a distant place for a somewhat distant purpose.
The things the foot soldiers carried with them into the jungles were both tangible and secret. Never have I read a more difficult but brilliant expose' on the horrors of war.
Do soldiers kill so they won't be killed? Do they kill because they are told to? Do they kill because of a personal ghost, or fear that drives them beyond any moral or religious feelings? Reality hides itself way back in the soldier's mind while it also screams at him with another reality. He must do what he must do.
Many fine warriors carried a lot more out of Vietnam than they carried in. Many continue to carry it today. The weight of their rifles, knives and other killing tools have been lifted from their shoulders. The internal demons, thoughts and dreams they continue to carry. The burden is overwhelming.
God Bless Tim O'Brien for fighting and especially for sharing his personal war and its' consequences with us.

How Does It Look From the Top of the Wall?
How Does It Look From the Top of the Wall?
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Study of Isaiah, January 31, 2015
Isaiah is a book of contrasts---From judgment to deliverance and all in between, this book is a must have if you are a serious student of prophesy. Have your Bible handy as the author takes you on an extremely comprehensive study of Isaiah. This work is not a 'sprint' but a 'marathon'. It takes time to follow along, but the effort will be well worth it.
This is not a commentary. It is much more than that. If you thought you liked the book of Isaiah, you will absolutely love it after reading this important work. You will walk with Isaiah as he sees the past, interprets the future and lives in his own time.
You will understand more about the nation of Israel and its' relationship (or lack of relationship) with God. Where do we stand (personally and as a nation) as the prophets of old share their 'Words from God'?
If you are one that likes to underline or make notes of key portions of a book, save yourself a lot of trouble and just underline this whole book.
This one's a keeper. Don't miss it.

John's Story: The Last Eyewitness (The Jesus Chronicles, Book 1) By Tim LaHaye, Jerry B. Jenkins
by -Author-
37 used & new from $1.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good book overall, January 21, 2015
I did enjoy this book, but just not as much as I had anticipated. The actual Books of John when read from a modern version of the Bible, I feel are more rewarding and just as easy to read.
This book will however, lead you to a deeper study of God's Word. That, in itself compels me to give a four star rating.

The Mystery of the Shemitah: The 3,000-Year-Old Mystery That Holds the Secret of America's Future, the World's Future, and Your Future!
Price: $9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Six Stars +, January 10, 2015
Before starting my review, I strongly suggest reading 'The Harbinger' by the same author. It will help prepare you for the explanations given in "The Mystery of the Shemitah."
"The Mystery of the Shemitah" is probably the most exciting, deep, thorough and informative of any prophetic book I have ever had the pleasure to read.
I must warn you that this is not an easy read. The facts and figures contained are absolutely mind boggling. You must read this with no distractions. You must concentrate on every word.
This work will also lead you back to your Bible. Jonathon Cahn has done an incredible study of ancient Israel and its relationship to God. The overwhelming theme is that of a nation blessed by God, and then turning away from Him. The Shemitah is a series of Sabbath Years that begin in 586 BC and continue up to the time we are now living in.
Some have asked, "Where is the United States in bible prophecy?" No one knows for sure but this book will give you some direction toward that question.
The author compares the U.S today with the nation of Israel throughout ancient history, up to modern times and how the Shemitah appears in these time periods.
Are we as a nation still following the One that has blessed us so much or have we turned our back on Him? What might we expect in the future? Blessings, judgement, pride, redemption and restoration are all covered here. Where does the Shemitah fit in? Can we change our destiny?
Only if you are serious about the condition of the world and the United states, should you read this very, very important work.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20