Profile for Raymond H. Mullen > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 359

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Raymond H. Mullen "Trust others, but pack your own parachute." RSS Feed (Shawnee, Ok)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
John's Story: The Last Eyewitness (The Jesus Chronicles, Book 1) By Tim LaHaye, Jerry B. Jenkins
by -Author-
35 used & new from $1.51

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good book overall, January 21, 2015
I did enjoy this book, but just not as much as I had anticipated. The actual Books of John when read from a modern version of the Bible, I feel are more rewarding and just as easy to read.
This book will however, lead you to a deeper study of God's Word. That, in itself compels me to give a four star rating.

The Mystery of the Shemitah: The 3,000-Year-Old Mystery That Holds the Secret of America's Future, the World's Future, and Your Future!
Price: $9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Six Stars +, January 10, 2015
Before starting my review, I strongly suggest reading 'The Harbinger' by the same author. It will help prepare you for the explanations given in "The Mystery of the Shemitah."
"The Mystery of the Shemitah" is probably the most exciting, deep, thorough and informative of any prophetic book I have ever had the pleasure to read.
I must warn you that this is not an easy read. The facts and figures contained are absolutely mind boggling. You must read this with no distractions. You must concentrate on every word.
This work will also lead you back to your Bible. Jonathon Cahn has done an incredible study of ancient Israel and its relationship to God. The overwhelming theme is that of a nation blessed by God, and then turning away from Him. The Shemitah is a series of Sabbath Years that begin in 586 BC and continue up to the time we are now living in.
Some have asked, "Where is the United States in bible prophecy?" No one knows for sure but this book will give you some direction toward that question.
The author compares the U.S today with the nation of Israel throughout ancient history, up to modern times and how the Shemitah appears in these time periods.
Are we as a nation still following the One that has blessed us so much or have we turned our back on Him? What might we expect in the future? Blessings, judgement, pride, redemption and restoration are all covered here. Where does the Shemitah fit in? Can we change our destiny?
Only if you are serious about the condition of the world and the United states, should you read this very, very important work.

Twelve Ordinary Men: How the Master Shaped His Disciples for Greatness, and What He Wants to Do with You
Offered by HarperCollins Christian Publishing
Price: $8.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply A Great Book, January 1, 2015
I really enjoyed this one. We study about the Disciples all the time, but how much do we really know about them? This question is skillfully answered by this author. About one third of the book is primarily about Peter. That shouldn't surprise anyone as Peter was the most outspoken and was generally at the forefront of all that was taking place.
It's impossible to know 'all' about each of Christ's closest followers but what is known (and more) is well covered. I personally enjoyed trying to identify which of these men I was most like. I picked two. One was the person I definitely identify with and the other was the person I would rather identify with.
Whether you are a relatively new Christian or have been a Christian all of your life, you will find this book very informative, interesting and easy to read.
Your Sunday School class or small group could easily use this as a study.

IBSound® Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse - 3D Wireless USB Optical Mouse Mice 1000 DPI - Right Hand - 1 Year Warranty (Wireless)
Offered by SKYBOK
Price: $36.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Comfortable, December 26, 2014
I received this mouse in return for my review. When I first opened the package, my first reaction was "What"? Its design is really unique. It was an easy install (plug and play) so no issues there. It is a bit contrary at times and you may have to left click if it stops working, thus the 4 star review.
However, this is by far the most comfortable and natural feeling mouse I have ever come across. It is well worth the money. It seems to be more responsive on a wooden surface than a mousepad.

Aquarium Air Pump [Extra 30% OFF for National Freedom Day!] (Double Outlets, 5.4L/Mins) with Extra Long Air Tubing (70'' Long x 2) and 2 Bonus Air Stones - 2 Years Warranty + 100% Money Back Guarantee © Pet Magasin
Offered by PetMagasin Direct
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Powerful---Very Quiet, December 26, 2014
My wife has a 55 gallon aquarium. I like to watch it but do NOT like the noise of a pump. This pump has all the power you need, two outlets and extremely quiet. The tubing that comes with it is more pliable than most. It feels like it may be rubber instead of plastic. This is the pump to have.
Enjoy the tranquility of your tank without the annoyance of noise.

Tools4Wisdom Weekly Planner (+) Calendar (+) Goals Journal (2014-2015)
Tools4Wisdom Weekly Planner (+) Calendar (+) Goals Journal (2014-2015)
Offered by Tools4Wisdom
Price: $38.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very, Very Useful, December 22, 2014
This is a really nice, flat desk calendar and goals planner. The cover is heavy plastic,it is a spiral planner so it lays flat on your desk. Both the daily calendar and the goals planner are large enough to make notes, etc.
You will especially like how you can follow and track your progress on both personal and business goals.

Jesus
Jesus
Offered by HarperCollins Publishing
Price: $5.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the Jesus I Know, December 20, 2014
This review is from: Jesus (Kindle Edition)
I see that I am going against the grain in giving this book only 2 stars, but as in all my reviews I give my honest opinion as I see it. The 'editorial' comment was that it is "The most important story of the Christian faith." I don't know what that comment is based on.
I read historical fiction on a daily basis. This book is a novel. An author can and does take certain liberties and embellishments when writing a novel. Wangerin took this to a new level as he attempts to introduce you to Christ. He portrays Jesus as a somewhat rude, self centered taskmaster
that comes off with an almost abrasive personality at times.
To his credit, this author is a good story teller. I just find it unfortunate that he chose to alter the person of the 'real' Jesus to a point that in my opinion could do a lot of harm to someone that reads this book.
Please get a Bible and read the book of John in order to find Jesus. It is much smaller than this novel and is filled only with truth. You will see a vast difference between a 'novel' and the true 'Word of God.'

FRiEQ Hi-Speed Extra Long (6 Ft/1.8m) Nylon Braided Tangle-Free USB 3.0 Male To Micro B Data Cable with Gold-Plated Connectors for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 / Samsung Galaxy S5 (Black/Green)
Offered by LowerPriceUSA
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely nice, December 19, 2014
This is a very sturdy and versatile cable for your Samsung Galaxy. the 6 foot length is great.. the connections fit tight.. the nylon braiding is attractive as well as high quality.

iGearPro USB Voice Recorder - Portable 4GB Flash Drive Digital Audio Recorder with 15-Hour Battery Life / No Flashing Light When Recording
Offered by Histore
Price: $23.99
2 used & new from $23.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Nice Gadget, December 17, 2014
I was sent this by 'Skybot' in exchange for my review. This is really nice, both portable and useful. I charged mine all night as there is no indicator as to whether it is charged or not. As a flashdrive it does a good job. The recorder is beyond nice. Small and virtually undetectable it offers you discreet recording when needed. I would recommend this product even without a charge indicator. Very useful.

iPhone 4S Case, GMYLE Book Case Vintage for iPhone 4 4S - Brown Classic [Crazy Horse Pattern] [PU Leather] Book style Flip Folio Case Cover
Offered by gigacity_amn
Price: $6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad Considering the Price, December 13, 2014
The card slots are too small and the cover really doesn't close. Make sure you have a screen protector on your phone as it closes right on it. This is one of those 'get what you pay for' items.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20