Profile for Raymond H. Mullen > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 402

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Raymond H. Mullen "Trust others, but pack your own parachute." RSS Feed (Shawnee, Ok)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
DesertWolf Vintage Canvas Messenger Bag - Leather Shoulder Bag - Traveling Briefcase - Fit 14" Laptop
Offered by EM Store
Price: $57.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be more pleased, July 29, 2015
This is just a wonderful item. It looks good, feels good and is just large enough but not too large. The leather on canvas is a good mix for both style and durability. The shoulder strap just adds to the whole package.
Even though it has a rugged look, it is soft and smooth on the inside with plenty of room for your needs. I have been carrying a briefcase but have now replaced it with this bag.
I was gifted this item in exchange for an honest review but it was my pleasure to easily give it 5 stars. I am proud to own it.

Hell Comes to Dixie
Hell Comes to Dixie
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars An Enjoyable Story, July 29, 2015
This is the story of two families living through the beginning of the Civil War, the war itself and the difficult period after the war. It is also a story of survival and the human spirit.
The authors covered many areas of the war that are basically left untouched by many other books. It is fast paced and holds your interest completely.
The way this story ends really surprised me. (Don't peek) After all these families went through, even though they stuck together, I was a little sad
about what they were forced to do in order to survive.

For the Union and the Catholic Church: Four Converts in the Civil War
For the Union and the Catholic Church: Four Converts in the Civil War
by Max Longley
Price: $45.00
21 used & new from $25.21

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best of The Best, July 21, 2015
I asked myself, "Who am I to try to write a review on a book of this magnitude?' The contents of this work and the knowledge of the author is a rare treat indeed.
Don't let the title fool you. This old Baptist man was completely captured throughout the entire book.
The four main characters were used brilliantly to take us through a most difficult time in American history as well as the difficulties of the Catholic Church and its' impact on the American Civil War.
I read mostly books on the antebellum period, Civil War, reconstruction and various religious/Christian works.
The author has captured the best of these topics and put them together in a read that will grip you from the first page until the last. Personally, there was so much material that was new to me even though I have been a student of history most of my life.
The impact ' on' the Catholic church and 'of' the Catholic church was especially fascinating.
The problems of slavery split the nation as well as Catholics and Protestants, both in Europe and the United States.
let me warn you, "This is not an easy read." The print is small and the history is very detailed and a bit complicated at times.
This book is 'one of a kind' and stands alone in its' value to the serious reader.
"Bravo" to Max Longley. It was my honor to receive, read and review this extraordinary work.

Car Window Mount, Mengo Swivel-Snap 360° Rotation Adjustable Window Car Mount for Phones (iPhones, Samsung, HTC, LG & More), Tablets (iPads) and GPS Devices - Black - Retail Packaging
Offered by Mengo Products
Price: $20.00
2 used & new from $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the one to buy, July 14, 2015
This product was sent to me in exchange for an honest review. After having said that, I can easily give this a great review and would buy it myself. The price is right. It looks good. It is also a strong mount that will not drop your device or fall off the window.

Washable Dog Wraps (3-Pack) - [50% OFF Back to School Sales!] - Durable Dog Diapers for both Male and Female Pets, Small / Medium ? Pet Magasin [2-Year Warranty & 100% Money Back Guarantee]
Offered by PetMagasin Direct
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality and functional, July 14, 2015
These were sent to me in exchange for an honest review. My little 10 year old Yorkie has bladder issues that require us to keep her in diapers. Obviously, we have used different brands/companies. We found these to fit very well, and the material is soft and comfortable for Sasha. I would recommend these to any person that has a dog in need of this item.

Journey Through the Bible - A Father's Love For His Children
Journey Through the Bible - A Father's Love For His Children
by Kenneth Ruffle
Price: $24.95
14 used & new from $14.77

3.0 out of 5 stars Questionable Interpretations, July 2, 2015
I have known the Lord for many, many years and have always been open to discuss Him with other believers. The author sent me a complimentary copy of this book for my review. As with all my reviews, I call them as I see them.
It's obvious this book was a labor of love for Kenneth Ruffle but, unfortunately I must tell you that there are many areas that could lead, especially a new Christian, down the wrong road.
Concerning Matthew 2:1 thru 11, the author's statement was "Some call this star 'the star of David' but in reality it was satan."
There are other comments on the Trinity that are just simply wrong. My purpose here is not to 'trash' Ruffle or his labors but, as a Christian I am compelled to say that this book is a bit off base.
It would take more room than I have here to go into verse by verse the misconceptions portrayed in this work.
I do not know the writers Church/Religious affiliation as it was not revealed.

Eltronica Lantern - Super Bright LED Collapsible Camping Light - Great for Camping, Hiking, Fishing, Backpacking, Emergency & Anything Outdoor. Every Home Should Have One for Power Outage and Emergencies.
Offered by Equinox International
Price: $29.95
2 used & new from $16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very, very useful item., June 7, 2015
This is a great lantern. I was going to use it for camping, etc. However, I changed my mind. In Oklahoma, we are sometimes frequent visitors to our storm shelters which generally have no electricity in them. This will be hanging in my shelter. What a great item for this use. I'm sure there are many 'unusual' situations that would call for this lantern.

Footprints of the Messiah
Footprints of the Messiah
Price: $3.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of two worlds/testaments, June 2, 2015
What a perfect book for the study of Christ in both the Old and New Testament. This book is exciting, informative and very readable. There are so many facts and prophesies contained in this small but significant work. The mathematical equations applied to the probability of these events happening are nothing less than mind blowing.
The author obviously has a deep understanding of his work. Add this to a gift of being able to transfer his thoughts to the reader and you have a real treat waiting for you.
I have a habit of underlining what I feel are important statements in a book. I don't know why I didn't just underline the whole thing. Great read.

The Crusades
The Crusades
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A Quick Overview, May 27, 2015
This review is from: The Crusades (Kindle Edition)
I guess anyone that thinks the Crusades can be covered in just over 100 pages might be a little delusional. This book was never meant to be an in-depth study, of course. I would say this could be used as an outline for the Crusades and maybe a guide into which point you may desire to study further
Because of the nature of the subject, you are literally bombarded with dates, characters,and kingdoms.
Read this one first, before you really jump in on in-depth study of these events.

Smart & Sexy, Butterfly Lace Gravity Defying Bra (36B, Scanty Leo)
Smart & Sexy, Butterfly Lace Gravity Defying Bra (36B, Scanty Leo)
Offered by Ariela and Associates International, LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, May 24, 2015
This bra was as advertised. The fit and comfort were very good. My wife wants more like this one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20