Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Disturbed $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Disney Infinity 3.0 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for Raymond H. Mullen > Reviews

Browse

Raymond H. Mullen's Profile

Customer Reviews: 405

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Raymond H. Mullen "Trust others, but pack your own parachute." RSS Feed (Shawnee, Ok)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Woman and The New Race
Woman and The New Race
Price: $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars The Evolution of Murder, August 27, 2015
In all fairness, I wish to make clear that I am NOT a fan of Planned Parenthood as the murder of our own children is barbaric and evil. For some reason I decided to look a little deeper into this organization and its' origin.
What better place to start than this book written by its' founder nearly 100 years ago, Margaret Sanger? I did not see her as the 'voice' for women, and mothers especially. Instead, she came across in a manner that degraded the role of women and motherhood. It was more of a call to rebellion against men and man made laws than anything else.
She attributes war, famine, disease and even the crucifixion of Christ as a problem of over population. Her arguments border on lunacy and an absolute ignorance of the subject she writes about.
This particular book was about birth control or the lack thereof. Her arguments are more about economics than women and their role as child bearers. She even goes as far to say that by bringing children into the world you create someone that will take your job in the marketplace or factory.
She comes across as a frustrated feminist at best and a Marxist, socialist, bigot at worse.
I could go on and on but feel I have given more time than warranted to this piece of trash.

enKo Products Car Radar Laser Detector with 360 Degree protection
enKo Products Car Radar Laser Detector with 360 Degree protection
Offered by Pioneer Marketing Products
Price: $39.95
3 used & new from $34.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Worth the Price, August 27, 2015
I was given this detector in exchange for an honest review. It is incredibly light weight, therefore the suction cup mount works very well. It seems sensitive enough to give a proper warning. The audio signal does not 'scream' at you but is loud enough to get your attention. I have had several radar detectors, all of them more expensive than this one, but have found this to be quite sufficient without being a budget breaker.

Sing for Us
Sing for Us
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Civil War Story That Will Play With Your Emotions, August 22, 2015
This review is from: Sing for Us (Kindle Edition)
What is life, but a stage? On the stage, life long drama is played out each day by every one of us. This author created an exciting, loving, tragic and joyful picture of an unfolding drama that will grip you from the first page to the very last. In all wars, virtual madness is mixed in with love found and sometimes lost. Lifelong friends are made and lifelong friends are lost to death, destruction and carnage. This was especially true in the American Civil War.
What a great book. The characters are clearly defined. The story is packed full of twists and turns that make it difficult to put down. This clearly will be one of the best books I will read this year. My only problem with this work is how long is it going to take to find another such well written saga?

DesertWolf Vintage Canvas Messenger Bag - Leather Shoulder Bag - Traveling Briefcase - Fit 14" Laptop
Offered by EM Store
Price: $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be more pleased, July 29, 2015
This is just a wonderful item. It looks good, feels good and is just large enough but not too large. The leather on canvas is a good mix for both style and durability. The shoulder strap just adds to the whole package.
Even though it has a rugged look, it is soft and smooth on the inside with plenty of room for your needs. I have been carrying a briefcase but have now replaced it with this bag.
I was gifted this item in exchange for an honest review but it was my pleasure to easily give it 5 stars. I am proud to own it.

Hell Comes to Dixie
Hell Comes to Dixie
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars An Enjoyable Story, July 29, 2015
This is the story of two families living through the beginning of the Civil War, the war itself and the difficult period after the war. It is also a story of survival and the human spirit.
The authors covered many areas of the war that are basically left untouched by many other books. It is fast paced and holds your interest completely.
The way this story ends really surprised me. (Don't peek) After all these families went through, even though they stuck together, I was a little sad
about what they were forced to do in order to survive.

For the Union and the Catholic Church: Four Converts in the Civil War
For the Union and the Catholic Church: Four Converts in the Civil War
by Max Longley
Price: $45.00
26 used & new from $25.21

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best of The Best, July 21, 2015
I asked myself, "Who am I to try to write a review on a book of this magnitude?' The contents of this work and the knowledge of the author is a rare treat indeed.
Don't let the title fool you. This old Baptist man was completely captured throughout the entire book.
The four main characters were used brilliantly to take us through a most difficult time in American history as well as the difficulties of the Catholic Church and its' impact on the American Civil War.
I read mostly books on the antebellum period, Civil War, reconstruction and various religious/Christian works.
The author has captured the best of these topics and put them together in a read that will grip you from the first page until the last. Personally, there was so much material that was new to me even though I have been a student of history most of my life.
The impact ' on' the Catholic church and 'of' the Catholic church was especially fascinating.
The problems of slavery split the nation as well as Catholics and Protestants, both in Europe and the United States.
let me warn you, "This is not an easy read." The print is small and the history is very detailed and a bit complicated at times.
This book is 'one of a kind' and stands alone in its' value to the serious reader.
"Bravo" to Max Longley. It was my honor to receive, read and review this extraordinary work.

Car Window Mount, Mengo Swivel-Snap 360° Rotation Adjustable Window Car Mount for Phones (iPhones, Samsung, HTC, LG & More), Tablets (iPads) and GPS Devices - Black - Retail Packaging
Offered by Mengo Products
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the one to buy, July 14, 2015
This product was sent to me in exchange for an honest review. After having said that, I can easily give this a great review and would buy it myself. The price is right. It looks good. It is also a strong mount that will not drop your device or fall off the window.

Washable Dog Wraps (3-Pack) - [55% OFF Labor Day Sales!] - Durable Dog Diapers for both Male and Female Pets, Small / Medium by Pet Magasin [2-Year Warranty & 100% Money Back Guarantee]
Offered by PetMagasin Direct
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality and functional, July 14, 2015
These were sent to me in exchange for an honest review. My little 10 year old Yorkie has bladder issues that require us to keep her in diapers. Obviously, we have used different brands/companies. We found these to fit very well, and the material is soft and comfortable for Sasha. I would recommend these to any person that has a dog in need of this item.

Journey Through the Bible - A Father's Love For His Children
Journey Through the Bible - A Father's Love For His Children
by Kenneth Ruffle
Price: $24.95
18 used & new from $14.77

3.0 out of 5 stars Questionable Interpretations, July 2, 2015
I have known the Lord for many, many years and have always been open to discuss Him with other believers. The author sent me a complimentary copy of this book for my review. As with all my reviews, I call them as I see them.
It's obvious this book was a labor of love for Kenneth Ruffle but, unfortunately I must tell you that there are many areas that could lead, especially a new Christian, down the wrong road.
Concerning Matthew 2:1 thru 11, the author's statement was "Some call this star 'the star of David' but in reality it was satan."
There are other comments on the Trinity that are just simply wrong. My purpose here is not to 'trash' Ruffle or his labors but, as a Christian I am compelled to say that this book is a bit off base.
It would take more room than I have here to go into verse by verse the misconceptions portrayed in this work.
I do not know the writers Church/Religious affiliation as it was not revealed.

Eltronica Lantern - Super Bright LED Collapsible Camping Light - Great for Camping, Hiking, Fishing, Backpacking, Emergency & Anything Outdoor. Every Home Should Have One for Power Outage and Emergencies.
Offered by Equinox International
Price: $29.95
3 used & new from $9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very, very useful item., June 7, 2015
This is a great lantern. I was going to use it for camping, etc. However, I changed my mind. In Oklahoma, we are sometimes frequent visitors to our storm shelters which generally have no electricity in them. This will be hanging in my shelter. What a great item for this use. I'm sure there are many 'unusual' situations that would call for this lantern.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20