Profile for NJ Mom > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

NJ Mom RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Thermos 16-Ounce Drink Bottle, White
Thermos 16-Ounce Drink Bottle, White
Price: $24.03
21 used & new from $18.90

5.0 out of 5 stars and I absolutely love it! I use it 5 days a week, September 4, 2014
This is my 3rd thermos, and I absolutely love it! I use it 5 days a week!

Range Kleen 1056RGE8Z GE Hinged Drip Pans and Trim Rings Containing 3 Units 105A, R6U and 1 Unit 106A,R8U, Chrome
Price: $11.59
9 used & new from $9.55

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, September 4, 2014
They did not fit our range, but the seller was kind enough to take them back.

Nail File Stainless Steel Nail Cleaner Tip
Nail File Stainless Steel Nail Cleaner Tip
Offered by Saga Beauty Care
Price: $7.49
3 used & new from $7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars This file is great! I will probably be able to use it ..., September 4, 2014
This file is great! I will probably be able to use it for years to come, unlike the files that are made now. I last time I had a file this good was over 30 years ago, and it is still working fine. ( I left it at my childhood home, and use it when visiting.) The files available at the local stores are nowhere nearly as good as this one.

I only use it on natural nails, I don't have acrylics....cannot comment on that......

Shredded Foam Fill - 2.5 LBs
Shredded Foam Fill - 2.5 LBs
Offered by Bean Products
Price: $16.95

4.0 out of 5 stars I originally thought it would be fine with 1 lb, September 4, 2014
I purchased this to replace the sack from the squished styrofoam balls in a $50 pouf purchased at Bed, Bath and Beyond (it is covered with a faux sheeps wool). I originally thought it would be fine with 1 lb, but quickly realized that I would need more. I purchased a 2.5 lb bag, which has helped tremendously. I think the pouf could have taken a full 4 or 5 lbs, but for now, it is doing well with 3.5 lbs of foam fill plus the squished styrofoam balls. Anyway, one lesson learned is to always look for poufs or beanbags that have the shredded foam fill - it just isn't worth having the styrofoam, because it just won't last long. the original pouf flattened in only 2 months, and was used only by our 55 lb daughter and our 12 lb cat (our daughter only sat on it, never jumped on it). Our daughter is now 65 lbs, and enjoys sitting on the pouf and reading a book, in her "book nook". I hope that this review helps you out!

O-Gasket Rubber 3-Pack O-Ring Gasket Seal for Osterizer and Oster Models
O-Gasket Rubber 3-Pack O-Ring Gasket Seal for Osterizer and Oster Models
Offered by OD Outlet
Price: $2.82
7 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit!, February 15, 2014
I bought these as a replacement for my cracked O-ring on my Osterizer blender, which I have had for at least 14 years.

They are a perfect fit,and I have been able to use my blender without any problems since then. Plus I now have 2 extra rings, one for my mini-jar and one more as a back-up.

God willing, they will last another 14 years, just like the original.

ZeroWater ZR-008 Replacement Filter, 8-Pack
ZeroWater ZR-008 Replacement Filter, 8-Pack
Price: $74.48
16 used & new from $67.03

2.0 out of 5 stars Some filters appear to be used and repackaged, sold as "new", February 15, 2014
For the most part, I have enjoyed my ZeroWater filter system. The cost of buying the replacement filters was high, especially at the local store. I found them online a few months ago, and didn't have any problems with the first set of 8 pack received. These are the bullet-shaped filters with the tapered bottoms that have been mentioned in previous comments.

However, with this new 8 pack, I was fine with the first 3 filters. Number 4 didn't last as long as prior filters, but I cannot give you an exact dateline. Number 5, however, lasted for 6 days. It was placed on Feb. 8, 2014, and made it only to Feb. 14, 2014. We have not had any increased usage with this filter. I did notice some water droplets inside of the plastic wrap, and thought that perhaps that was due to the weather. Now that it has lasted only 6 days, I am concerned that the company has repackaged and sold me a used filter as a so-called new filter. Not only that, but filters #6,7, and 8 also have water droplets inside the plastic wrap. And according to Amazon, I am past the window to return the filters. Bad timing, or what, I don't know. But now I am compelled to go out to Target before the snowstorm today and get a 2 pack of filters - hopefully the will perform like prior filters.

I am disappointed, and feel helpless that there is no way to reach out to the seller other than leaving a ratings comment and pray that someone from the company will contact me directly. I know that they have a policy of rewarding you with a $10 coupon for returning 4 used filters, so that they can be "recycled". I wondering if this is how they are recycling them??? I have never sent any back, because the shipping for 4 used filters was more than $10, so there was no point in getting a $10 coupon after spending a little more than $10 to ship, if only to feel good about"recycling". Do they recycle their used filters by repackaging them and selling them to people like me????

ZeroWater, please respond.....Thank you.

UPDATE - Filter #6 lasted exactly fro 6 days, and I was terribly disappointed. I spoke with Amazon directly, and they are going to send me a 4 pack of filters to reimburse me for the poorly functioning filters. I certainly hope that they are new and functioning better. When my filters are good, each usually lasts for 3-4 weeks in my home, and I use it for drinking water, cooking (soups, veggies), and for the cat. We are a family of 4, plus the cat. I hope that the repalcement filters are able to perform like the good ones have in the past.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 26, 2014 7:17 AM PST

Hot Pink Texture Hard Protector Case Cover For Motorola Droid 3 Solana XT862
Hot Pink Texture Hard Protector Case Cover For Motorola Droid 3 Solana XT862

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy case, looks and feels great...BUT...... just gets caught at the edges, September 8, 2013
I love this, and was using it for over 1 year without much problems. One issue that I have with this case is that when the"fingers" of the bottom piece fold over to catch on the qwerty keyboard, they made the opening of the keyboard a bit difficult, and it creates some drag on the opening. So I have to make sure that it is pushed fully open if I want to use any of the keys at the top of the keyboard.

Good luck!!!

Whirlpool 8269117 Handle for Dish Washer
Whirlpool 8269117 Handle for Dish Washer
Price: $24.43
13 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Needed a replacement for my Kitchen Aid dishwasher, September 8, 2013
After 12 years of heavy use, the handle on my Kitchen Aid dishwasher just suddenly broke. Even though the dishwasher was still in working condition, I needed the part replaced, to be certain that the door was properly latched and would not leak. The replacement piece arrived within 3 days, and my husband was able to remove the broken part and replace with the new one within 30 minutes. (I think it would have taken me longer, since you have to first slide it in sideways and at an angle, and then straighten it out. I was trying to get a picture of the broken one onto my phone, so that I would remember how to put it back in, since there wasn't any instructions, and my husband popped the old one out within that one minute.)

Because there was no picture, I would suggest that you either take a picture (or a video) of it BEFORE you pop the old one out, and then compare with the new one when you replace it. and this was the lowest priced replacement that I found ( once you add shipping and handling). I hope to get another 12+ years of use out of it. Good luck!!!

Hard Protector Skin Cover Cell Phone Case for Motorola Droid 3 XT862 Verizon Wireless - Hot Pink

4.0 out of 5 stars almost perfect hard case, but had keyboard issues., July 9, 2013
I love the bright pink hard case (it is really bright, like the clothes that are sold to teenagers). It fits very well. I also like that the surface is very smooth and shiny. It is very sturfy and has never popped off of the phone.

I have only 2 problems with the case. First, because of the lip that curls around the bottom of the phone, it causes a drag/friction as the top is slid up. Second, the entire top row of key is partially blocked by the top cover.

I don't know if it is because of this case ( because I would really push the keyboard open to get maximum exposure of the top keys) or because of the phone's age (it is 18 months old), but now the qwerty keyboard overextends when it is slid open. And once it has overextended, the phone does not recognize anything that is bring typed on the keyboard. The phone is also starting to have problems recognizing the touch screen being used.

Again, I don't know if the cover caused the problem or accelerated a problem or it is coincidental, but I wanted you to be aware of my problem before buying the case.

The Twister Fruit Picker
The Twister Fruit Picker
Offered by NorDot Industries LLC
Price: $39.95
2 used & new from $39.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Did not work very well for American and Japanese persimmons, December 31, 2012
This review is from: The Twister Fruit Picker (Kitchen)
I read several reviews regarding this item, and was very excited to purchase it and finally be able to take down the persimmons in my yard, especially since quite a few of the reviews mentioned how well it worked on the persimmons. We have 2 mature trees in our yard in NJ, one of American persimmon, and the other a Japanese persimmon. However, my first problem with it was technical. I applied the stick on loop to my Mr. Long arm pole, and screwed the picker to the top. when I went to remove the persimmons, I had to twist the pole ( to get the stems to break) which caused the picker itself to start untwisting. It was terrible, and I had to get a friends pole to use, but now the stick on tab was hopelessly stuck to my pole, while the picker stayed fastened on my friend's pole.

The other problem is just gripping the fruit. I cannot imagine my persimmons are more slippery than someone else's fruit, but the fruit kept slipping out of the picker while I twisted the stem. Eventually, my friend and I were able to get about 50% of the fruit down with the picker, but that left a lot of fruit on the trees, and before I could give it a second go, Hurricane Sandy took out the rest of the fruit. I also tried with a pair of socks on the picker, but it did not help with the grip. So it took us a good 90 minutes to pick off about 30 persimmons, with one of us handling the pole and another down on the ground catching fruit ( the trees are approximately 25 feet tall, and the fruit is on reachable from the balcony or from the top of a ladder).

I am a bit disappointment with the unit, and I don't have any other fruit trees with which to use the picker. I have regrets about buying the unit. I will try again next year, and maybe things will be better and I will have progressed on the "learning curve" and hopefully have more success.

Page: 1 | 2