Profile for M > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 41

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Car Mount, WizGear™ Universal Air Vent Magnetic Car Mount Holder, for Cell Phones and Mini Tablets with Fast Swift-SnapTM Technology, Magnetic Cell Phone Mount
Offered by Upper Class Sales
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars nice, simple, and secure, April 15, 2015
This little thing is very helpful. It fits right on the vents of my 08 Sonata and is a perfect spot, not too high or low. My phone originally wouldn't stick because of the thick case (it's a dual layer case with kickstand). Unfortunately, the case doesn't work with many other car mounts either, so I am getting a new case. Without the case, this thing works great. It's easy to stick the phone to it without any adjustments, as opposed to some supposedly one-handed grip mounts that take two hands and a bit of work. Of course this works for landscape or portrait. There is not ball to be able to pivot the angle, but I haven't had any problems seeing it. I'm paranoid about things falling on my feet while I drive, but this is extremely secure on the vent, and is very easy to check and make sure since it is made of simple parts. When I put the large magnet inside my phone cover and stick my phone to it, then hold the vent parts and try to shake the phone off, it doesn't come, so it's pretty secure. (that is with no case) It seems to me that this should last quite a while since it doesn't have lots of parts like others, and it doesn't look like it has much potential to wear out too quickly.

One word of advice - if you're like me and immediately play with the magnets and mount as soon as it comes, be careful with the magnets. I stuck the large magnet on the mount and tried to "twist" it off, since I thought I might bend it otherwise. Two things - 1) use your fingers to "scoop" it off the mount, and 2) watch out and don't try to pull it by holding on to the edges. I sliced my thumb right open and it's still healing two weeks later. This was totally my fault, and is a sign of how thin the magnet is, so it fits smoothly under your phone cover, but do be aware.

Crocs Women's Ginger Mary Jane,Black/Black,9 M US
Crocs Women's Ginger Mary Jane,Black/Black,9 M US
Price: $41.31
4 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars the look of a professional with the feel of Crocs, March 26, 2015
These shoes are so very comfortable, but look dressy. I can go for hours in these without a problem. The inside is like a regular Croc. I wear them barefoot, so I keep the top strap a little looser because it can get a smidgen uncomfortable when it sticks to your foot, but overall these shoes are great. The back is great and never rubs my heels. Occasionally I have gotten a little irritation where the strap folds on the inner edge, but this is likely due to my foot being a bit "fatter" in that area due to a foot surgery, since the other shoe/foot has always been fine.
I would love to have these shoes in brown as well, or in other outside materials.

Partners in Crime: A Tommy & Tuppence Adventure (Tommy and Tuppence Mysteries Book 2)
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars nice, lighthearted mysteries with a bit of fun, March 26, 2015
This is a fun collection of related short stories. I really enjoyed reading this book and found that it is now one of my favorites to read because I can read a chapter at a time and still have a full story. The ending is wonderful.

[6-Pack] SUPERSHIELDZ- Anti-Glare & Anti-Fingerprint (Matte) Screen Protector Shield For Nokia Lumia 630 / Lumia 635 + Lifetime Replacements Warranty [6-PACK] - Retail Packaging
Offered by Supershieldz
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, March 26, 2015
I recently ordered a Supershieldz regular screen protector for my Stream 7 tablet after a bad experience with the HP brand protecto, and was very pleased with it, especially since it went on perfectly first try, with no bubbles. I decided to order the same brand for my Lumia 635 since the last ones I used just didn't feel right and would get a greasy film. At the last second I changed to a matte version, which I had never tried before. I LOVE it!!!!! The screen protector went on almost as easily as the tablet one. I adjusted it once to get it lined up, and then there were about three little bubbles that I squished out.

The main reason these are so great, besides the material, is that there is a sheet of plastic on both sides of the screen protector, along with tabs to hold both of them, so your protector is protected on both sides, not just the sticky side, and having the extra tab to hold while applying avoids the fingerprints on the edge of the screen protector.

It is true that you will have a slight gap around the edge because the screen protector does not go all the way to the edge. Personally, I don't mind, because it made it so much easier to apply the protector, instead of having to get it exactly right to the nanometer so you don't cover anything you shouldn't. I highly doubt that the small amount of unprotected screen will be a problem, since it is such a small portion of the screen, and generally scratches seem to happen in the middle area of the screen (in my experience).

I hate having fingerprints and smudges on my screen, and this eliminates both. The matte texture is lovely and has a nice "swooshy" feel when sliding your fingers around. Your fingers don't drag or pull on the screen; they just slide effortlessly, so things like texting have become faster for me. It took a few hours to get used to the slight difference in how the screen looked, but I am extremely pleased with these. I have already had it on longer than the old screen protectors, and it is great. If it ever wears out or I need a new one, there were six in the package (along with two cleaning cloths), so I have spares.

It Is Well (Live)
It Is Well (Live)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars very moving song, February 6, 2015
This review is from: It Is Well (Live) (MP3 Music)
This song is just beautiful. I do wish it wasn't a live version with the bit of cheering (it is only in one part), but that's just my preference. The song is so powerful and moving.

iPazzPort® Portable Multi-touch Mini Wireless Keyboard with touchpad RF2.4GHz for Windows Linux Android Google Smart TV Mac OS
Offered by Mini-Remote
Price: $14.99
3 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars a remote control for your computer, February 6, 2015
This works great! It is so handy to have when watching Netflix and other streaming services. Don't buy it expecting to type a thesis paper, but for light typing, like searching for movies, or looking for things on Amazon while your computer is hooked up to the TV, this thing is great. It is basically a remote control for your computer. It also seems to be very battery efficient, as I'm using the batteries that came with it, and they are still going strong.

One note is that occasionally, if it is left on for a long time, such as while you watch a movie, you may need to flip it off and then on to get it going again. This isn't a big deal at all, but I always turn mine off during the movies anyway to save on the battery.

Pink Camera Case by HandStands
Pink Camera Case by HandStands
Offered by RandomBy
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic case!!!, February 6, 2015
These little cases are fantastic!! The price is amazing, and the quality is better that the more expensive ones. It holds my 1 TB and 2 TB WD My Passport drives perfectly, and the extra strap keeps it more secure. The pockets are great and hold the USB cable perfectly. The color is a nice vibrant pink and you can knock on the case and it stays sturdy. The zipper is also high quality and doesn't snag. I bought up on these because they are such a great deal!

[3-Pack] SUPERSHIELDZ- Anti-Bubble High Definition Clear Screen Protector For HP Stream 7 Tablet + Lifetime Replacements Warranty [3-PACK] - Retail Packaging
Offered by Supershieldz
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars easiest installation ever!!!, February 6, 2015
These went on easier than any screen protector I have ever bought. I can't even remember it's there. It seems to keep my screen a little less smudgy/makes it easier to wipe off. I am planning on buying this brand for my Lumia as well. The size fits perfectly, and there was only one little bubble at the edge, which I squished out. Great product!

Infiland Folio PU Leather Case Fit Cover For HP Stream 7 Tablet / HP Stream 7 Microsoft Signature Edition 32GB Windows 8.1 Tablet (Only Fit for HP Stream 7 , Not Fit for HP Stream 8),Green
Offered by Infiland LLC
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, December 4, 2014
This is a great case. It took a while to arrive because with the HP Stream 7 being so popular and the small selection of cases (at that point), these were running out of stock. I hoped it would be worth the wait, and it was. I like this style of case because I think it offers the most protection. This has a hard front and back, with a flexible spine for folding. The tablet fits in perfectly and snugly, with a Velcro tab to hold it securely. The buttons, ports, speaker, cameras, and windows button all have perfect cutouts with no blockage at all. The edges are narrow and go right up to the screen since there isn't a lot of space around the edge of the tablet, so your fingers may bump into them, but it doesn't affect use; it just takes a little getting to. The material is firm so it seems like it will hold its shape well. Even with the edge strips being narrow, when I pull on them near the cutouts (where it isn't directly connected to the base) they hold well. The workmanship looks high quality and strong. The lime green is not quite as bright as the picture, but is still a vibrant, attractive lime color. There are magnets at the base of the elastic band, but the elastic band also holds it well. The stylus holder takes a little maneuvering to get the stylus in, but this holds the stylus firmly.

I really have nothing bad to say about this case. It is different than my last one so it will take me some time to get used to, but I really like it. The seller was also great to deal with. Everything is exactly as described and shown.

HHI Dual Armor Composite Case with Stand for Nokia Lumia 635/630 - Hot Pink (Package include a HandHelditems Sketch Stylus Pen)
Offered by HandHelditems
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The best case for a Lumia 635!, July 19, 2014
I bought the Lumia 635 specifically to save money, so naturally I didn't want to buy a $30 case that would be almost 20 percent of the cost of the phone. I looked on Amazon and didn't find many that had reviews, so I went by the pictures. This case had a very descriptive page with lots of photos from all the angles and with the actual Lumia in the pictures (one case used an iphone as the model, which makes me question how accurate any of the info was).

I was looking for a case that would be extremely protective (can't afford to be replacing phones), easy to handle, inexpensive, had squishy and hard parts of the case for good protection, and not necessarily a deal-breaker but something I really wanted was to find it in hot pink. Amazingly, this one fit all my requirements. Originally I did try to avoid phones with kickstands (one more part to break), but since that was what was available, I went with it (more on that ahead).

This phone came very quickly. I have Prime but paid the small extra fee to get one day shipping, and had it 24 hours from ordering it. It was packaged in a sealed bag inside a bubble envelope and was in perfect shape. Something to mention is that it does come with a stylus (no screen protectors). It feels pretty cheap with a foam tip and is so lightweight, and I was getting ready to throw it away, but thought I'd at least try it. I was quite surprised that it works semi-well. I kept trying to find something wrong with it, but it's decent as a free bonus. I don't know that I would purchase it, but it wasn't a bad add-on. You do have to hold it flat and tap pretty hard, but it's not terrible. However, don't order this case just for the stylus.

I had no trouble at all getting the case on. When I put it on, I was concerned that it didn't wrap around enough to protect the phone (my last case was a two part for a slider), so I tried taking the case off so I could see how well it held on. Well, I did manage to get it off, along with the back of the phone, and it was no easy task!! This case is definitely not going to slide off my phone and I feel like my phone would be able to withstand a lot with this case on. Someone who saw it commented that they liked it better than their Otterbox case, which cost almost 4 times as much on sale.

The materials vary from slick plastic to grippy rubber and another one that is a cross between the two. I like the mix of materials and where they are located because it appears to be a good set-up in case of dropping the phone. It also makes the phone easier to hold because you can get hold of grippy parts. The case is very textured, so that also makes it easy to hold, because your fingers fit into the spaces along the edge.

Another great thing about the texture is that the black rectangles on the back vary in thickness. They are thickest nearest the kickstand and become thinner as you reach the top and bottom of the phone. What this means is that when you lay your phone on a flat surface, the speaker on the back is slightly raised, so your sound comes out great still. Very subtle but appreciated feature.

The kickstand seems to be very sturdy. It has a support piece at the bottom and when you fold it up it "clicks" back in place. I think with normal care it shouldn't ever be a problem. It is also pretty handy to have, and works a lot better than the fortune cookie I used to prop up my phone the other day. :-)

I chose the hot pink case. It looks exactly like in the picture. Very vibrant and lovely. As a nice bonus, if you choose magenta as your theme color on the Windows Phone, it coordinates with the case absolutely perfectly!! Very cute.

I am super happy with this case! It meets my needs and far exceeds my expectations. If you need a case for your Lumia 635 (or 630), I really don't think you'll be able to find a better deal out there.

Edit 4/2015: I've had this case for almost a year, and it is still holding up great. The pink part has gotten a bit darker from being held so much, but it just looks darker, not dirty, which is a nice thing. The kickstand has held up perfectly as well. I did discover along the way that if I need to remove the case, the best way to do it is to take the black part off first and then the inside. I didn't realize that they could be separated, but it makes it much easier to remove. It clicks back on with no trouble. I have been extremely pleased with this case. I am getting a new case, but only because the kickstand on this one, and the thickness, prevents me from using a magnetic car mount. Once I don't need GPS in the car so much, I will likely go back to this one. It has worked out fine in my purse and pocket and doesn't feel too thick or bulky. I still feel like this is about the best you can get for protection and looks great.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 17, 2014 7:52 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5