Profile for C. Humble > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Humble RSS Feed (Portland, OR)

Page: 1 | 2
The Original Gorilla Grip (TM) Non-Slip Area Rug Pad (Size 2x8), Made In USA, Also Available in 5x8, 4x6, 2x4, 3x5, 6x9, 8x10, & 9x12, Extra Cushion, Locks Rugs In Place, Hard Floor Protector, 10 Year Guarantee, No Chemical Odor, Great As Drawer Liner.
Offered by Hills Point Industries
Price: $19.99

Anker® Multi-Angle Portable Stand for Tablets 7-10 inch, E-readers and Smartphones, Durable Aluminum Body, Compatible for Apple iPad Air / iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina 2,3, iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S 4; Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Tab 3 Tab 4 , Note 3, 4, 8.0 10.1, S5, S4, S3, Galaxy S4 S5; Google Nexus 4,5,6, 7, 9, 10; Asus EeePad Transformer, HTC One (M8),Lenovo Tab (Silver)
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars We love this little gadget, December 4, 2014
We love this little gadget. Use it in the kitchen to view recipes on our iPads. It works super well and is well designed and built. Highly recommend.

Billabong Men's Crossfire PX Shorts, Military Camo, 38
Billabong Men's Crossfire PX Shorts, Military Camo, 38
Price: $38.33
3 used & new from $38.33

5.0 out of 5 stars These are the best shorts. Light weight and stretchy, December 4, 2014
These are the best shorts. Light weight and stretchy. Extremely comfortable to wear. I bought my first pair in Hawaii and had to get a second pair. They are well made and look great. Just throw them in the wash and wear no ironing! These are the only shorts you'll need for summer.

Okabashi Men's Milan Ergonomic Massaging Waterproof Sandal Shoes (Brown, 9-10)
Okabashi Men's Milan Ergonomic Massaging Waterproof Sandal Shoes (Brown, 9-10)
Offered by CuffCrazy LLC
Price: $21.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Probably fine for the price but I would not purchase again, December 4, 2014
Uncomfortable and stiff. Probably fine for the price but I would not purchase again.

Ilsa 7-Inch Cast Iron Heat Diffuser
Ilsa 7-Inch Cast Iron Heat Diffuser
Price: $20.23
13 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I would recommend it for this and similar applications, December 4, 2014
We bought this diffuser to keep our Chemex pour over glass coffee pot warm on the stove. We have a gas stove and this has worked very well. I would recommend it for this and similar applications. Absolutely no issues.

Breville BOV650XL Compact Smart Oven 1800-Watt Toaster Oven with Element IQ
Breville BOV650XL Compact Smart Oven 1800-Watt Toaster Oven with Element IQ
Price: $175.79
29 used & new from $147.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Second time's the charm, January 14, 2014
We bought this Compact Smart Toaster Oven to replace the more expensive top-of-the-line Breville which just quit on us one day. The display just went blank. Breville offered to replace it with a factory refurbished model, but only if I had my original receipt. Since it was more than two years old, I didn't have it.

Initially, we weren't going to get another Breville since the first one broke after about two years. It also took up a lot of space on our countertop. But, when we started to shop around, we discovered that there wasn't really much on the higher end. A friend had a Cuisinart, but we couldn't find the model anywhere. Then, I stumbled across the Breville compact. We have other Breville products and have always considered them high quality. The price was right and it was smaller than the old one.

We bought right before Christmas and it arrived in two days! While not quite as sophisticated as the previous model and without a convection feature, we actually like the new one better, mostly because it's a lot smaller. It works super well and maybe it will last longer given the fact that it's not as complex. He had become quite dependent on our old one for small jobs like baked potatoes. The Compact oven seems to do all of those as well if not better than the old oven. And, the new one seems easier to keep clean.

So far, we're glad we stuck with Breville. And, because we bought on Amazon, we will never have to worry about the receipt should something go wrong. For a basic, but really nice toaster oven that's certainly big enough for two people, this was a very good choice.

Mission Belt Men's Brushed Stainless Steel and Black Leather Ratchet Belt - Small - Alloy
Offered by Mission Belt Co
Price: $44.99
2 used & new from $36.95

5.0 out of 5 stars False start, but Mission support made it right, January 14, 2014
I bought one of these belts after learning about it on Shark Tank. The first belt I received, however, had a defective fastening mechanism in the buckle. I contacted Mission Belt online and explained the problem. They asked me to send photos and my order number. I received a replacement within a week and am very happy.

Once I received the replacement, it was clear to me that the first buckle was defective. The closure mechanism was working properly and wouldn't keep the belt in the proper notch. The new one works perfectly. I ordered a larger size just in case since you can cut it to fit you perfectly. The belt is made of high quality materials, it's comfortable and you have the added advantage of being able to customize it to your waist. I'd highly recommend this belt and plan to buy another one.

AmazonBasics Clear Cover Case  with Screen Protector  for iPhone 5 (White Rim)
AmazonBasics Clear Cover Case with Screen Protector for iPhone 5 (White Rim)

2.0 out of 5 stars This case stains easily, January 31, 2013
I got this case because it's very minimal and in. I generally prefer bumpers over full-blown cases. However, I would not recommend this case, at least in white. Mine began turning blue from putting it into my jeans pocket numerous times during the day. It looked great when it was new, but the staining ruined it, so I've gone back to a case I was using before I bought this one.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The transition to DE shaving, January 22, 2012
Over the past six months, I've gone from a Braun electric razor to Gillette Fusion and finally to double edge shaving. I bought the Edwin Jagger razor from Amazon after trying a Merkur Futur and just about giving up on the whole idea. For 2-3 months, I gravitated back and forth between the Fusion and the Merkur and then finally to the Edwin Jagger. The Edwin Jagger just works much better for me than the Merkur. I at first thought an adjustable razor would be better, but after being cut numerous times by the Merkur, I realized that the EJ was a much better choice. I've rarely been cut by it and after a lot of practice, I'm getting some great shaves.

Not only do I get a great shave with this razor, but I'm also doing a good turn for the environment. No more expensive plastic cartridges to dispose of. Using double edge blades (I actually like the Merkur blades) will also save me a bunch of money. Shaving with a DE razor is definitely an art. It takes practice and education. I've read a bunch of articles about how to get the best shave and I'm finally getting pretty good at it. I get a very close shave in about the same amount of time and I always feel so great after wards.

The only thing I don't like about the EJ is the short handle. I've gotten used to it, but would rather have a slightly longer handle. The EJ is maneuverable and gets into the tight areas where the Merkur is bigger, heavier and bulkier and was harder to use. The angle of the blade seems to be perfect. I never knew what number to use on the Merkur and paid the price fo the experimentation.

My advice to anyone considering switching to a DE razor is to read as much as you can abut it, take it slow, don't get discouraged and take it slow. In the end -- and it make take awhile -- you'll be glad you made the switch from either electric or cartridge shaving.

Sony BDP-BX57 Blu-ray Disc Player, 3D-ready with built-in WI-FI
Sony BDP-BX57 Blu-ray Disc Player, 3D-ready with built-in WI-FI
3 used & new from $49.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Problems with Internet connectivity, September 8, 2010
I bought this DVD player to replace an older Sony Blu Ray player that seemed overly finicky. Since this has built-in wireless, it seemed like a good idea. Now, I believe I'll be taking it back tomorrow.

While the setup was easy and fast, it never did download the photo apps. I also have a Sony Bravia TV and connected it to the Internet using an Ethernet cable. It did download the video apps, so I'm left wondering why I bought this DVD player if it doesn't offer all of the connectivity that's supposed to come with the system. Just getting a better DVD play won't be worth it.

I got on a chat session with a Sony analyst, but she was of no help. She couldn't even relate to my problem, so I wouldn't put much faith in Sony's ability to support the product if you have problems. While the advantage of going all Sony seemed to make sense, I'm now thinking I will try another brand, either Panasonic or Samsung.

That's kind of the problem with complex consumer electronics today. If they don't work the way they're supposed to, there's very little recourse in getting them to work correctly.

I wouldn't get this DVD player because when it doesn't work as advertised you're going to be stuck. If you do, make sure you buy it from a retailer where there will be no question when you bring it back.

Page: 1 | 2