Profile for J. DuBose > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. DuBose "bibliophilly" RSS Feed (Snellville, GA United States)

The One and Only Ivan
The One and Only Ivan
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars just so sweet, July 9, 2014
I knew the story of Ivan and how sad his life at the mall had been. For that reason I was reluctant to read this book. I am so glad that I finally did! Writing from Ivan's perspective was an excellent way to tell this story! Anyone with a heart for animals will find yourself cheering for Ivan.

Xenophilius Lovegood's Necklace - Harry Potter Deathly Hallows
Xenophilius Lovegood's Necklace - Harry Potter Deathly Hallows
Offered by The Noble Collection
Price: $49.00
3 used & new from $42.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Not really a toy!, February 7, 2013
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this necklace for my daughter who spent her teenage years reading and then watching Harry Potter. She adores it! She wears it all the time, and she gets many compliments on it! Thanks so much!

101 best jokes
101 best jokes
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Shame!, February 7, 2013
This review is from: 101 best jokes (Kindle Edition)
Amazon! Shame on you! Usually I can trust the lists I find on Amazon. I am a teacher who is trying to download as many books as I can for our classroom Kindle. This book SHOULD NOT be on the children's book list. Please take it off! I had to delete it from our Kindle.

The Royal Bee
The Royal Bee
by Frances Park
Price: $8.24
41 used & new from $2.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this book!, October 26, 2008
This review is from: The Royal Bee (Paperback)
This is a book I use with first graders to introduce the comprehension concepts of questioning, and predicting. They love the rich illustrations. The cover gives no hint as to what the "bee" is. The way their understanding of the story unfolds is wonderful. I highly recommend this book for teachers.

GACE Middle Grades Social Science 015 Teacher Certification Test Prep Study Guide (XAM GACE)
by Sharon Wynne
Price: $42.82
36 used & new from $15.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money!, October 26, 2008
I am very upset that I spent so much money on this book. For one thing, it is the worst edited book for professionals I have ever used. Examples: questions listed multiple times in the practice test, the answer numbers and question numbers don't match, quotes by famous people are wrong. In addition, the material covered could be found on a state standards website. When I sat for the test, most of the questions covered more current event material than history. This material wasn't covered in the study guide.
The nicest thing I can say about this guide is that it will help organize your review of material that you may not have thought about in a while. I certainly would have felt better had I only paid $20 or so.

The Gift of Dyslexia: Why Some of the Smartest People Can't Read...  and How They Can Learn
by Ronald D. Davis
226 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A teacher and a parent who's not worried!, April 1, 2002
As a primary teacher responsible for teaching children to read I couldn't believe I couldn't help my own child overcome this hurdle. Many reading "specialists" and schools still don't understand and therefore don't recognize dyslexia as a real set of behaviors common to a percentage of the population. The simple "test" or first step in the appendix helped prove to me and my child that this was a very helpful approach to isolating and changing her learning behaviors.