Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Deradoorian Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for Kilgore Gagarin > Reviews

Browse

Kilgore Gagarin's Profile

Customer Reviews: 809
Top Reviewer Ranking: 272

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kilgore Gagarin "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand. - Kurt Vonnegut" RSS Feed (United States)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
RoseArt Color KaBoom Airbrush
RoseArt Color KaBoom Airbrush
Price: $34.25
2 used & new from $23.62

4.0 out of 5 stars Battery gobbler, August 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Can't remember the last time I needed C size batteries, but this otherwise nice toy does gobble them up. The standard cheap alkalines I got were shot in a little over an hour. The spraying of paint is actually kind of a cool thing, even though this is more of an airbrush toy than a real airbrush setup like this one (Master Airbrush® Brand Multi-purpose Professional Airbrushing System with 3 Airbrushes). I actually like using toys to create retro art projects and this does allow for some open ended creativity.

I'd probably recommend this for younger kids to stimulate them in their artistic pursuits.

NewNow Portable 6 Port USB Wall Charger Travel Adapter Desktop Tablet Charger for iPhone iPad Samsung Galaxy Nexus Black and Red
Offered by NewNow
Price: $9.90
2 used & new from $9.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful budget USB charger, August 26, 2015
Given the price point there's no way this has any smart chip or fast charging capability. What it DOES have is a very small footprint and a nice total of 6 amps of power. It's utilitarian and works, but don't expect miracles. The build feels solid and all of my USB cables seat in the ports with no problems at all.

My personal use so far is this: permanently plugged in sitting on a small table in my kitchen. I have three cables permanently attached. Two are micro-USB and one is mini-USB (see below). I've had no problems using this to simultaneously charge up one Android tablet, my Moto-G phone, and an old MP3 player. Having the cables permanently attached I just plug in my devices pretty much when I get home from work.

What this appears to do is divvy up the amperage by the number of devices you've plugged into it (taking into account each device's requirements). So if you plug in 6 devices which all require 2.1 amps each, if they do charge they'll charge slowly. I've found this to be great for charging a couple of my small android tablets and my Moto-G with no problems. I've also got some old MP3 players which charge using Mini (not micro) USB cables. This is great if you have extra cables that are of different sizes like I do.

You get what you pay for and this is definitely a budget item. But it pretty much does what it says it does.

ICOCO LED Strip with 300 LEDs, RGB Color Changing and 5050 SMD (16.4 ft)
ICOCO LED Strip with 300 LEDs, RGB Color Changing and 5050 SMD (16.4 ft)
Offered by Bsyexcellent
Price: $34.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, simple, REALLY bright, great for various decorating ideas, August 26, 2015
Length:: 1:34 Mins

HD version of this video is on YouTube, search for: Kilgore ICOCO

The brief video shows all the components and demonstrates using the remote control and changing to various settings.

This strip of 300 LEDs (16+ feet long) is VERY bright. The video can't really show that or the real colors, but you should get the idea. Pretty easy to change settings, but note that there is no "chase" function. They all go on and off at the same time, albeit in different colors and patterns.

As noted in the video you should pay attention to lining up the arrows on the strip and the power supply.

The strip comes rolled up in a flimsy reel (this isn't a review of the reel) and can be daisy chained with additional strips. The remote control is infrared and must have clear line of site to the sensor on the strip itself. The bottom of the strip is sticky 3M tape so you can apply this semi-permanently to a hard surface. It's not designed to be used outdoors, though in good weather I wouldn't hesitate to use it for temporary decorating. Because of the strip this looks like best use would be in a shop or cafe as ambient decoration. Also could be useful to illuminate dark stairways.

All in all, a pretty straight-forward product that works as advertised, so an easy 5 out of 5 stars.

Free sample provided by manufacturer for honest review. No other requirements nor remuneration given.

Bissell 1548 ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Full-Size Carpet Cleaner
Bissell 1548 ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Full-Size Carpet Cleaner
Price: $199.99

5.0 out of 5 stars At least as good as the rental units, August 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Just gave away our BISSELL DeepClean Premier Full Sized Carpet Cleaner, 47A2 to keep this unit. I loved the 47A2. Note that like that machine, you'll do a lot better by doing a good vacuuming and cleaning BEFORE you use this. Worst problems I have with all of these Bissell consumer cleaners is getting all sorts of crud out of the brushes. We have three cats and a dog and they can produce a huge chunk of hair that tangles in the brushes. Take care of that BEFORE and you'll have less issues. Clean and vacuum thoroughly first. These units will pick up crud, but it can jam them up. Get the crud first, and use this for the stain and deep cleaning purpose as designed and you'll do fine. This is NOT a substitute for a vacuum cleaner. It's the next step in thorough cleaning.

Biggest difference between this and the 47A2 is that this is easier to use and actually lighter. The 47A2 is a much more "industrial" unit, while this seems to suit us in our home as a domestic unit.

Did this get rid of our nastiest stains? No. But I'm talking years of evil cats littering our rugs and carpets. But some of the more recent (months) of stains really did get nailed. Also, even when the stains didn't come up color wise, the smell and clean improvement was more than just noticeable, but awesome.

Having used the rental units, this does at least as good a job.

Adventure Time Fluxx Game
Adventure Time Fluxx Game
Offered by Funagain Games
Price: $15.41
12 used & new from $14.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to say if you'll like it, we loved it, August 25, 2015
This review is from: Adventure Time Fluxx Game (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Ok, we're big time Adventure Time fans. My 24 year old son and his 25 year old best friend both wear Jake the Dog Adult and [[ASIN:B011KBQ86C Finn]] pajamas when playing this and we can't stop laughing. Fluxx is a pretty cool game, but when you get one of the many different themed versions (e.g., Batman) it's even more fun. Ok, game ok fun. Theme if you like it, super fun. 5 out of 5 stars for us!

G.G.Martinsen 16 GB Mini Usb Port Slim Small Multi-lingual Selection 1.78 LCD Portable Mp3/Mp4, Mp3Player , Mp4Player , Video Player , Music Player , Media Player , Audio player With Photo Viewer , E-book Reader , Voice Recorder ,Games & Movie-Blue
Offered by G.G.Martinsen
Price: $19.00
7 used & new from $16.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky, cheap, functional, August 25, 2015
To properly charge the battery make sure you turn the slide switch on top to the ON position which is all the way to the left as you look at the screen. Also, using the FM radio will gobble up more power than just playing recordings. Included charging cable is a MINI USB cable and not the more ubiquitous MICRO USB cables.

Recommend you use your own earbuds and this becomes a pretty good budget mp3 player. Note that the voice recording (.wav format) could make this a good journalist interview recorder. The screen times out once it starts recording voice so there's no way anyone would know it's even on. I have to point out a very odd quirk in voice recording. The FIRST file recorded seems to be full of static. All subsequent files are crystal clear.

The earphones are pretty low-end. If you've got a reasonable plug-in pair of better earbuds (I've got a Sony set) the music quality is as good as any MP3 players. This is NOT a review of the headphones, just a "heads up."

The only video format supported is amv so if you want to convert your own vids you'll have to get a converter. Again, just a "heads up."

Finally, the manual is way too tiny. Just playing with the controls isn't that hard. If you dn't like to do that consider looking elsewhere. Otherwise, these are pretty useful cheap gadgets. Quality control will be an issue since these are flooding the market. Some individual units may end up being great. Others, not so much. The free sample I received was in-between. Memory is on-board. Some other models take external micro-SD chips.

Just as a vanilla MP3 player that you're not paranoid about losing, works great. Why 5 out of 5 stars? I'm an unabashed fan of cheap Chinese tech junk and my personal pref is "I love it." But take the specific points I've brought up in this review to make your own decision.

G.G.Martinsen 16 GB Mini Usb Port Slim Small Multi-lingual Selection 1.78 LCD Portable Mp3/Mp4, Mp3Player , Mp4Player , Video Player , Music Player , Media Player , Audio player With Photo Viewer , E-book Reader , Voice Recorder ,Games & Movie-Black
Offered by G.G.Martinsen
Price: $20.00
5 used & new from $17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly functional low end product, FM radio and (quirky) voice recording nice extras, August 25, 2015
NOTE: (since the manual is so tiny) To properly charge the battery make sure you turn the slide switch on top to the ON position which is all the way to the left as you look at the screen. Also, using the FM radio will

Recommended uses: with your own earbuds this is a pretty good budget mp3 player. Also, the voice recording (.wav format) makes this a good journalists interview tool. Since the screen times out once it starts recording voice there's no way anyone would even know you're recording. I have to knock off 1 star for a very odd quirk in voice recording. The FIRST file recorded seems to be full of static. All subsequent files are crystal clear.

Finally, the manual is way too tiny. In any case, just playing with the controls isn't that hard. If you're not used to doing that, you might want to look elsewhere. Otherwise, these are pretty useful cheap gadgets. Quality control will be an issue since these are flooding the market. Some individual units may end up being great. Others, not so much. The free sample I received was in-between.

Wolverine Men's Basic Milled Leather Strap Belt, Black, 44
Wolverine Men's Basic Milled Leather Strap Belt, Black, 44

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid build, manly product, August 24, 2015
When I say "solid," I specifically mean the metal latching mechanisms feel strong and firm with no wiggle. Also, the edge of the belt is smooth and finished (cheap belts often are just a strip of material or leather with a raw or rough edge - not this belt). Similarly, the holes are also well finished. The pebbled leather is flat black and feels quite comfortable on my (unfortunately) ample girth. I'm tightening this several holes smaller than maximum so this should suit me should my waist expand (something I wish to avoid - but whatcha gonna do?).

Easy 5 out of 5 stars for a solid product, well produced.

A sample was provided by the manufacturer for review purposes.

Wagan EL8324 Wagan Tech Solar e Charger Dex
Wagan EL8324 Wagan Tech Solar e Charger Dex
Price: Click here to see our price
8 used & new from $38.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Not great, but good as advertised, August 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Charged my Moto-G very fast. The advertised 18 hour solar charge was pretty much spot on (sunny days here). This would be a great survivalist charger. I can't speak as to how superior this is to other solar panels because they're all kind of slow. The LED flashlight is a good plus (again, for emergency use). I experimented with this for a web cam, but it doesn't continually supply power, it has to have the phone (or other device) continually try to charge. This is not an external power source for devices.

Works as advertised. Small footprint. I like!

Tomameri Black Color Portable MP4 Player MP3 Player Video Player with Photo Viewer , E-Book Reader , Voice Recorder + 16 GB Micro SD Card
Offered by Tomameri
Price: $59.99
5 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest budget product works great but get your own headphones, August 22, 2015
Length:: 1:23 Mins

Nothing sophisticated about this player, but it works as advertised. The screen is tiny and fuzzy (what do you expect?) but is perfectly usable for viewing video. The only complaint I have has nothing to do with the player, but the included headphones are pretty basic. If you use nicer ear buds (I'm using a Sony set) the sound is outstanding. Video is only in the AMV format but audio appears to be both MP3 and WAV. In fact, the recording function (cool!) saves in WAV format. You can also record from FM broadcasts directly. FM allows you to use the Japanese frequencies in addition to "normal" so if you're a hacker like me being able to pick up broadcasts below the normal US FM range is kind of cool.

Note that this includes a 16 GB micro-SD chip so when you're pricing against competitors take that into account.

So, the player gets a 5 out of 5 stars for being an outstanding budget device, but use your own headphones for a better music experience.

I can't speak to durability and can only address the sample version I received for review purposes. If something comes up I'll update this review, but no indications of anything amiss out of the box.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20