Profile for Kilgore Gagarin > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 204

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kilgore Gagarin "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand. - Kurt Vonnegut" RSS Feed (United States)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
BELL 22-1-70310-9 Gray Foose Boulevard Seat Cover - Pair
BELL 22-1-70310-9 Gray Foose Boulevard Seat Cover - Pair
Offered by ToysOnline
Price: $123.84
2 used & new from $20.85

4.0 out of 5 stars In the end they fit very nicely in our car, September 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It took a little wrestling to get these installed on our Toyota Matrix but we've always had to wrestle with seat covers. In the end they fit very nicely in our car. Generally speaking we like them but they're kind of conservative so if you like a conservative kind of car cover seat these are your thing.

Nike Men's Free Trainer 5.0, ARMORY SLATE/ELECTRIC PURPLE (Grey), 11.5 M US
Nike Men's Free Trainer 5.0, ARMORY SLATE/ELECTRIC PURPLE (Grey), 11.5 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars very cool very comfortable, September 13, 2014
This review is from: Nike Free Trainer 5.0 (Apparel)
kind of a tight fit but very comfortable. My wife got me a pair at Goodwill they were brand new for only 20 bucks. Eat your heart out. My kicks are stylin'.

Battroborg Warrior Battle Arena- Knight vs Viking
Battroborg Warrior Battle Arena- Knight vs Viking
Price: $67.33
2 used & new from $67.33

4.0 out of 5 stars Needs 8 x AA batteries, similar to Rock 'Em Sock 'Em robots, September 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This toy is about as much fun as Rock 'Em Sock 'Em ROBOTS, but unlike that product it needs batteries. Lots of batteries. I might have designed this with the warriors being able to be optionally plugged in and powered so you could at least play constantly. Or, build a recharging unit into the arena so you're not draining batteries. That being said, recharging isn't that difficult - 15 minutes with each warrior plugged into a controller gets you about 15 minutes of play. Again, the controllers have the batteries which are used to charge the combatants.

There are all sorts of extra moves you can master (continuous attack; temporary opponent freeze) which adds more interest to play. Still, if you like the limited play of the Mattel robots, you'll probably like this too. If you got easily bored with Rock 'Em Sock 'Ems, you'll probably react the same to this. An exception here is that you can set up one of the warriors in an automatic mode and practice bashing your brainless opponent.

Note that last year's initial offering of the Battroborgs was quite a bit different. That version had the robots with a light changing color as they got hit and slowly accumulated damage. This version is basically "knock the other guy over." The warriors do have a green light built in, but that's just cosmetic and doesn't change. Also, this years' version has a smaller arena, which is (counter intuitively) better! The warriors are basically cooped up together and tend to have more contact in a fight. Knocking them over isn't that easy which also leads to longer battles.

So, one star off for the over reliance on batteries. 4 out of 5 stars in my book.

Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Smart Stages Mower
Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn Smart Stages Mower
Price: $12.35
6 used & new from $12.35

5.0 out of 5 stars A good toy for the youngest ones, September 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Fisher-Price has a winner for kids up to three years old here. I've become quite popular at my local YMCA nursery as I take toys I get for review to them as a testing ground. Three different kids, all two years old, played with the Laugh and Learn Smart Stages Mower for more than an hour. A couple of four year olds played with it for a few minutes and lost interest pretty quickly. Verdict? A great toy for the targeted market. Very cute, trivial to assemble, kept the youngest kids interested. 5 out of 5 stars.

Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance LIT Mini Jumpin' Stix Chicken Formula with Glucosamine and Chondroitin Semi-Moist Dog Treat
Price: $11.92
8 used & new from $5.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Small package for small breeds, September 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Compared to some of the other Dick Van Patten treat packages this one is a lot smaller in size and actual amount of treats. That being said, our "Fef" loves these. I have to confess that given a choice between other treats that these are not her favorite; she really LOVES the Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Hip and Joint Salmon Jerky Treat for Dogs, which is fishy stinky, the best. Also, these are soft treats so we mix giving our dog some other treats that are harder and better for chewing and her teeth such as the standard Milk-Bones.

Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Hip and Joint Salmon Jerky Treat for Dogs
Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Hip and Joint Salmon Jerky Treat for Dogs
Price: $9.52
9 used & new from $7.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog loves stinky smell, September 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the third dick Van Patten dog treats that I've given to our doggie and she loves all of them. And this is probably her favorite. It has a very recognizable stinky salmon fish smell that has her jumping up and down when we open the bag. As usual the biggest problems with treats like this is that you can give your dog too many of them because they love them so much and they get fat.

Southern Enterprises Angiers Wine Display Cocktail/Coffee Table
Southern Enterprises Angiers Wine Display Cocktail/Coffee Table

5.0 out of 5 stars An elegant piece of furniture for wine bottles but other stuff too ..., September 5, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Just got this and have to say the directions could be better. But. Pretty typical for an "assembly required" product. But when done, very, very, very cool. Ok. Everything comes from China (this may or may not). But once assembled, "where it comes from" aside? This is an excellent niche piece of furniture. I'm not a wine person (I drink "wine" but I don't have a cellar etc.) But this is an elegant coffee table where you can display wine bottles and OTHER STUFF TOO. We stuffed dried flowers in this and made a beautiful coffee table.

You want this? You have to put it together. Not that difficult (but grandma turnkey is different). If you buy this from a brick and mortar store that puts it together for you? No problem.

Solid build. Will impress your "winies." Put dried flowers (like I did) and make a very cool table and you're set..

Kobi Electric K7L6 12-watt (60-Watt) PAR30 LED 3000K Warm White Outdoor Flood Light Bulb, Non-Dimmable
Offered by WAD Enterprises, LLC
Price: $24.49
5 used & new from $24.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Small and light LED with truly warm light, September 5, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a review of the PAR30 (the smaller bulb)

Pros:

* Small footprint size comparable to regular incandescents
* Fairly light in weight
* Great for reading indoors
* 5 Year warranty (keep your receipt!)
* Can be used in washrooms and outdoor fixtures

Cons(iderations):

* Impossible to verify lifespan as advertised (23 years at 3 hours / day)
* Not dimmable (and stated in description so don't complain)

My favorite thing about this specific model (PAR30) is the size and lightness. Though similar in size to standard fixture bulbs (incandescent AND compact fluorescent), it is heavier than similar sized incandescents and CFLs. Compared to some other LED bulbs I've used, this smaller size results in a much smaller weight for this category than what I'm used to seeing. I'm using this in a six foot tall stand up lamp with three well fixtures. This fits in nicely and doesn't cause the lamp to tip or be top heavy. Depending upon your specific well and fixture sizes, you might have some issues - I did not.

I've found the brightness to be at the top end of what I find comfortable for reading, with the bulb about two to three feet from the book I'm reading. The light itself is perfectly comfortable and warm for my reading purposes.

I'm always concerned about the lifespan claims of any LED. The LED component is pretty much indestructible, but I have had other LED bulbs go bad when the electronics running everything go bad. LED good. Electronics? Have to check in again in 10 years (or earlier if this goes bad before then).

Good bulb. 5 out of 5 stars for doing what it says.

Natural Balance Pumpkin and Chicken Meal Formula with Papaya Dental Chews for Small to Medium Dogs, 13-Ounce
Price: $14.95
25 used & new from $13.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Doggie ate it (twice) doggie loved it, doggie didn't die (for China product paranoids - no indication a China product), September 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
What can I say? My dog hasn't disliked a single treat I've reviewed. Dogs eat almost anything (most dogs - I remember a dog at the deli I worked at who would refuse pastrami with too much fat). Ok, read the ingredients. People freak out if something is made in China but nothing on the packaging says "China."

Ok. Gave our "Fef" one. Gobbled it down in about 2 minutes (not a super chewy). Ignoring the directions (1 a day) gave her another. While I'm writing this review, she comes back begging for another - no. Two's are enough.

Dog loves. Dog lives.Bonus: I'm old enough to know who Dick Van Patten is. Nice guy. No idea what his dog treat connection is.

FurReal Friends Pom Pom My Baby Panda Plush Pet
FurReal Friends Pom Pom My Baby Panda Plush Pet
Price: $49.96
13 used & new from $45.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Tested with kids, loved by kids, August 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My significant other works at a local YMCA and I have started testing toys in the nursery there (kids aged 0 to about 10 years old). THIS WAS A HUGE HIT!!! Silly, robotic, imperfect. But pandas rule, I would actually recommend places with nurseries or groups of kids should purchase this FurReal toy. The kids were very respectful of each other, and easily shared/laughed/played together. The ONLY problem was when it got too noisy that Pom Pom didn't always respond. Understand, this has robotics type circuitry and sensors, so noisiness (fans, air conditioners, loud radios) WILL create issues. But the kids didn't care. Pom Pom was loved and played with continously for about 8 hours.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20