Profile for Sister Carrie > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Sister Carrie RSS Feed (INDIANAPOLIS, IN USA)

Symphonized NRG Premium Genuine Wood In-ear Noise-isolating Headphones with Mic (Black)
Offered by Symphonized
Price: $49.99
2 used & new from $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth 5 times the price!, August 22, 2014
The best ear buds I have ever heard. Well constructed, comfortable, and sound fantastic!

Strong
Strong
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well written, played and sung!, September 14, 2013
This review is from: Strong (MP3 Music)
I am not a fan of the music from the Nashville hit machine. I was tired of Def Leppard in the 80's. It is always refreshing to hear all the other great artists in Nashville that are writing really good songs. Maybe one of the good ones will hit the radio some day, and kill that 80's rock country. All of Will's records have great quality. Can't wait to hear the new album.

Welder
Welder
Price: $10.99
27 used & new from $3.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Not that same old Nashville drivel., June 5, 2010
This review is from: Welder (Audio CD)
This album is smart and diverse. The songs are very well written and full of emotion. They also reveal Elizabeth's best writing to date. Stories of love, loss, mistakes and triumph with no excuses for the cards dealt, choices made and the life lived. Many show her sense of humor. Her charm is evident in every performance. The musicianship is excellent. Each instrument supports the song, and quite simply sounds fresh unlike the music that most frequently comes off Nashville's record row. Nashville is full of talent, and I just can't buy another record recorded by the same six guys. Is this a country album? You bet it is. Is it a pure throw back to the 60's? Not hardly. I hear that character in the songs like the best of Loretta, and Dolly, but I also hear an artist that had her chance to deliver her best effort on her terms that is exciting and enjoyable. Don Was is an excellent producer. It is clear that he did not get in the way of her vision, and helped the artist make the recording that they wanted to make. The best way to get this record heard is to buy it listen to it, play it for your friends, and request it on radio, and most importantly just enjoy it.

Live Aid  (4 Disc Set)
Live Aid (4 Disc Set)
DVD ~ Bob Geldof
Price: $35.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Marketing vs. History, November 8, 2004
This review is from: Live Aid (4 Disc Set) (DVD)
In the world of marketing vs. history, marketing will win out everytime. If you all buy the cut down version of this historic event within the next 20 years you will be able to buy the whole box set. I was truly looking to see the whole event in the order that it ran, but guess I'll have to wait a little longer. I have always wanted to show these young metal heads that Led Zeppelin did have a bad show, and that Sting used to be the best. No Jam reunion because Paul Weller knew it would overshadow the Style Council. If you could see the whole Style Council performance you would agree, or maybe not. The price alone is worth seeing U2 in all their glory. History will win out but I hope that I am not too old too care when it does. I suspect in 20 years it will be a Time Life series.

Wayward Angel
Wayward Angel
Offered by Big_Box_Bargains
Price: $5.99
27 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Am I not petty enough?, June 28, 2004
This review is from: Wayward Angel (Audio CD)
I ordered the import of Wayward Angel, as I just couldn't wait for it to come out in the US domestically. It will not play on my computer, it just locks up my applications. It will not get downoaded to my MP3 jukebox due to the copyright protection. I heard three tracks in the car today, but after I stopped the car the cd will not start playing again. Look for this one in the cut out bins very soon, as this copyright protection will kill this disc. I guess I'll have to go back to listening to "Barricades and Brick Walls". The three songs that I have heard so far just don't have the stark raw beauty of the two records before it. Maybe it will play on the jambox in the garage, and be worth the hassle of listening to it!

Summershine
Summershine
Offered by Marks Ear Candy
Price: $14.25
44 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost and Found, November 16, 2003
This review is from: Summershine (Audio CD)
Summershine is a little different from the more traditional Dylanesque V.O.L. material that precedes it. This album is rooted musically in well crafted pop songs that harken back to The Who, The Beatles, and most other Brit pop. But what really makes this disc standout is that the songs don't simply tell a story, but take you on the journey. Bill Mallonee is simply the best lyricist I have ever heard. This album came out around 09-11-01 and was lost along with many more important things. These were the songs that lifted my aching heart. While Bill still puts out brilliant music this was V.O.L.'s swan song. It is so easy to understand why the change in direction was necessary. This band knew that they had created a masterpiece that never reached its potential in sales or recognition. Truly a tough act to follow. I own over 2,000 albums. This one makes my all time top five. To me this disc is like finding your favorite sweater in the bottom of your closet in November.