Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports
Profile for R & the triplet's Grandma > Reviews

Browse

R & the triplet'...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 93

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R & the triplet's Grandma RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Charades Kids on Stage Tin
Charades Kids on Stage Tin
Price: $10.28
14 used & new from $9.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Good game, but very bad packaging and spinner., July 27, 2014
This review is from: Charades Kids on Stage Tin (Toy)
Just purchased this game and have played it twice with the grandchildren. The triplets are almost 6 years old and have completed kindergarten. They read at a first grade level and are able to read the cards. However, in order to demonstrate what is on the card, they tend to get stuck on whatever the accompanying picture shows. We will overcome this with time and it makes for some good conversations and learning.

What I do not like, is the packaging of this game. The 3 different sets of cards, come in 4 stacks. They have to be combined into 3 stacks (i.e. sorted by color of card) each time before playing. When it is time to put them away, you have to turn the three stacks into four.

You have to set the plastic arrow and it's base on top of a square card to make a spinner. No way to put the two pieces together without probably breaking it. If you were to manage to combine the two pieces, there would be no way to store it in the box. With the spinner in two pieces, the boys tend to knock it apart when they try to spin.

We have not used all of the cards yet, but I will go through them and pull a few. I am not sure I could pantomime a hippopotamus so that a small child could guess it.

X-ACTO Spira Electric Pencil Sharpener - Red
X-ACTO Spira Electric Pencil Sharpener - Red
Offered by Junipers'
Price: $9.60
4 used & new from $9.60

3.0 out of 5 stars OK. Does job it was made to do but trap door opens too easily., July 27, 2014
It's Ok, Does the job it was made to do - i.e. sharpen pencils. Appears to be fairly sturdy - it has been dropped several times by my grandchildren.

HOWEVER:

1. Only one size pencil (ok, knew that when I ordered)

2. Trap door opens way too easily. I have had pencil shavings all over the floor several time. When dropped, the trap door opens.

Hot or Cold Reusable Pain Relief Packs
Hot or Cold Reusable Pain Relief Packs

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these, but expensive here., July 27, 2014
Fantastic product BUT NOT at $11.99-$12.99 plus shipping. Go to your local Dollar Tree to buy. (in stock at least spring/summer 2014)

I have had massive problems with my feet & ankles all my life - after 3 failed total ankle replacements, both of my ankles are now fused. Due to all the foot problems, my lower back is very painful.

I use two of these heat packs every morning on my back - one on either side of the spine. My physical therapist said you do NOT want to heat the spine when doing this. She is right. By using one on each side, I can get moving relatively painlessly in the mornings. I frequently do this at bedtime and even in the middle of the night when I have trouble sleeping due to my back.

I have 6 of these (from Dollar Tree) and have used them everyday for almost 4 months and have not lost one of them. I have an older microwave (I believe power is 800 watts) and I heat them for 25 seconds each (50 seconds for 2).

Hot Wheels Double Jump Showdown Track Set
Hot Wheels Double Jump Showdown Track Set
Offered by Real Merch UK
Price: $22.99
17 used & new from $15.29

2.0 out of 5 stars Almost returned it., April 16, 2014
Purchased this for 5 year old triplets. Since it does not fit together well, it works maybe 1 time in 4. When you do finally get the car to jump, it doesn't go straight and land on the track.

Comes with only 1 car and even that car does not work well. Some other Hot Wheels cars work (at least as well as the one with the set) if they are short and have the front end and rear end of the car body are over the wheels (i.r. body of car cannot extend very far beyond the wheels). The boys have a lot of cars, but only a few would work on this set - far fewer than I expected.

A set such as this (racing with 2 tracks) should come with 2 cars. I would have returned it but it is hard to take back a toy once you have given it to a child. Two stars because the boys do like to fiddle with it and try to make it work.

EverReady First Aid Self Adherent Cohesive Bandages 4" x 5 yds Tan- 18 Count
EverReady First Aid Self Adherent Cohesive Bandages 4" x 5 yds Tan- 18 Count
Offered by BP MEDICAL SUPPLIES
Price: $39.95
2 used & new from $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a bit better than the name brand stuff, February 4, 2014
Having had bad ankles for most of my life (5 surgeries on my feet and ankles), I have used most of the different brands of wrap out there.

This product wraps well and provides good support and protection. It is not quite as sticky as Co-Ban or 3M Vetrap which makes it easier to reuse. This is the first product that I have been able to easily use two or even 3 times. If it folds over on itself, and it is fairly easy to pull gently and get the wrinkles out. It currently is a best buy at $1.33/roll delivered (and delivery was fast from BP Medical Supplies). I have always managed to get it to stick to itself without extra tape, but when reusing it, I can see where one may need to tape the end down sometimes.

The only con I have is that it does not come in colors. Sometimes I like to wrap my ankle in bright colors - draws attention to it and gets me a place to sit sometimes when few are available. (I am currently in line for another total ankle replacement).

The next best buy I have found for the 3" wrap is at Southern States where it is $1.59 for the 3M Vetrap in colors (no flesh color available). Reusable elastic bandages (such as Ace) are just too bulky to wear during the day.

PROGRESSIVE Microwavable Corn Holders - 4-Pairs (Solid)
PROGRESSIVE Microwavable Corn Holders - 4-Pairs (Solid)

2.0 out of 5 stars Red color is yucky looking, Low average modern set., January 14, 2014
-Set of 4 pair - loose, not in box. Not suitable for gifting.

-Each pair has a white label and is shrink wrapped together. Hard plastic with extremely sharp point- however, because it is plastic, the point will dull immediately - in fact, one of them came with the point flattened,

-The colors are dirty looking - especially the red/brown pair. (The picture is actually a bit better than reality). Unless red/brown is your color scheme, the appearance is unappetizing.

Worst of all, the track on the screws is so thin, short and close together that they will not hold well on your corn. Easy to pull out from the cob.

I gave them 2.5 stars only because so many of the cute new ones that are available (think Boston Warehouse) are equally bad. Seems like the new corn holders are considered disposable - use them for one season and throw them away. This type of quality and design is the new average. Deducted .5 star because they were not in a box and not suitable for gifting.

If you want some that will really last (and don't mind buying used), watch auction sites and get all metal ones.

(12 Pack) Corn on the Cob Holders Skewers, Garden, Lawn, Maintenance
(12 Pack) Corn on the Cob Holders Skewers, Garden, Lawn, Maintenance

1.0 out of 5 stars READ DESCRIPTION CAREFULLY AND LOOK AT PICTURE!!!, January 11, 2014
As described on January 11, 2013, this is for 6 PAIR (12 total) of common yellow plastic corm holders for $77.29 with $6.99 shipping. The corn holders shown in the picture are not even a matching set. Not sure what is going on with this listing but BUYER BEWARE!! Since this is not sold and shipped by Amazon, you may have no recourse.

FlipPix Art - Simple Pleasures
FlipPix Art - Simple Pleasures
Price: $1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this type of puzzle. but some frustration here!, October 3, 2013
So far, it has been error free, a big plus!

I am almost finished with the 10x10 grids. A little frusted in that some grids are 10x7 or 10x8 instead of 10 x 10.

I put this app on my tablet the day is was free app of the day. Not I would like to download it to my phone; I am unable to find it in the listing of my apps. Searching for words in the name of the title did not work. Will give back the missing star when it shows up again for installation on my phone (or some explanation why I cannot install it on my phone). .
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 3, 2013 9:19 PM PDT

Easy Dollar Bill Origami (Dover Origami Papercraft)
Easy Dollar Bill Origami (Dover Origami Papercraft)
by John Montroll
Price: $4.95
80 used & new from $0.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Birthday present for girl turning 8 - Love the book., September 12, 2013
Good birthday present (along with some new $1 bills) for all ages.

I have a granddaughter who loves origami. After her first couple of projects, she has taught herself.

Purchased this for her 8th birthday - big hit. She is ADHD so anything that catches her attention like this does is wonderful. She is able to follow the instructions on her own (good because grandma isn't very good at origami - she has far surpassed her parents and grandparents on this).

Book starts off with easy projects and progresses on to harder ones. - Eagerly awaiting her first George Washington doll; uses the face of Washington on the bill as the face for the doll. It is one of the harder projects,

Amazon eGift Card - Happy Valentine's Day (Pink)
Amazon eGift Card - Happy Valentine's Day (Pink)
Price: $100.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Use small value cards to fund small Amazon App account for my Grandchildren's Nabi's (Children's tablets), March 15, 2013
Our grandchildren have Nabi tablets. The identical male triplets are 4 and the girl is 7. I did NOT want them to have accidental access to funds on one of my credit cards. Even though I have enabled the safeguards on my cellphone and tablet, one of them was able once to make an in-app purchase.

The Nabi2 is a good tablet for younger children, but purchases from their app store are good only for one tablet - they have four! The parental controls on the Nabi2 allow the tablet to run the Amazon App Store but NOT the Google Play Store (I prefer the Google Play Store because of the way you can handle things from my laptop - much better interface than the Amazon store). I like the Amazon Store because of the FREE app of the Day.

I fund the Nabi2 Amazon account with small gift cards $5-$10, depending on what I plan to purchase. I can get the money transfered quickly (less than 5 minutes to purchase, get the email with the number and enter the number in their account). There is never more than a dollar or so in their account for them to accidently spend (in case all the controls fail for some reason or another). I feel much happier knowing that there is no way for them to ever have access to one of my credit cards!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10