Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Victoria M. Steidel > Reviews

Browse

Victoria M. Stei...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Victoria M. Steidel RSS Feed (Reston, Virginia, United States)

1 Set (4 Pcs)Wooden Fork
1 Set (4 Pcs)Wooden Fork
Offered by MVTRADINGONLINE(USA)
Price: $5.99
3 used & new from $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid product, better for cooking than dining, May 7, 2016
This review is from: 1 Set (4 Pcs)Wooden Fork
I think that these forks are great, so long as you're using them for specific purposes. I bought these so that I could fluff rice and cous cous without scratching my nonstick pans with traditional flatware. For that task, they're perfect--nice grip, non-pliable, good size, and non-scratch. I would highly recommend them for that purpose, especially since you get four in a set, which would be great for cooking multiple dishes at a time.

I find them cumbersome for actually eating food, though. In sampling some of the rice and cous cous to test flavor, the fork is so thick that it feels really awkward in my mouth. The tines don't seem like they'd have an easy time piercing larger items, too. The forks are, however, solidly constructed and feel good to use. If you're more accustomed to using wooden silverware, I think they'd be a good purchase for you.

Alba Botanica Hawaiian, Sugar Cane Body Polish, 10 Ounce
Alba Botanica Hawaiian, Sugar Cane Body Polish, 10 Ounce
Price: $7.90

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice treat for a pampering shower, April 23, 2016
This is a lovely body scrub for the price. The sugar dissolved slowly as I massaged it into my skin, and the scrub left a nicely thin sheen of oil after rinsing off. The scent is very pleasant and lingers quite a while; my husband compared the smell to granola, which honestly isn't too far off. It's a nice treat for a pampering shower.

Round Spotted Flower Cufflinks
Round Spotted Flower Cufflinks

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, Sturdy, Subtle Cufflinks, October 31, 2012
I admit I was a bit skeptical about the potential quality of $5 cufflinks when I made the purchase, but these are solid, sturdy, and subtle. The cufflinks came exactly as shown in the photos (a rarity, I think, for many non-Prime vendors) and look as if they should have an extra zero in the price tag. They are nicely understated and pair well with a bolder shirt, and they are heavy enough to keep looser sleeves hanging properly. Ebest also provided quick and cushioned delivery.

Blue Socketed Cufflinks
Blue Socketed Cufflinks
Offered by HIRICH
Price: $8.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, Sturdy, Snazzy Cufflinks, October 31, 2012
I admit I was a bit skeptical about the potential quality of $5 cufflinks when I made the purchase, but these are solid, sturdy, and snazzy. The cufflinks came exactly as shown in the photos (a rarity, I think, for many non-Prime vendors) and look as if they should have an extra zero in the price tag. The blue is a nice accent with an otherwise plain white shirt, and they are heavy enough to keep looser sleeves hanging properly. Ebest also provided quick and cushioned delivery.

Roscan 11 Inch Cushion Grip Rubber Spatula
Roscan 11 Inch Cushion Grip Rubber Spatula

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, January 30, 2009
A very good product. It's got a good weight to it, the handle has excellent grip and the spatula itself is very firm.

Fortune Collecting Mini Journa
Fortune Collecting Mini Journa
by Potter Style
Edition: Diary
4 used & new from $21.16

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun and quirky memento, April 29, 2008
The book is as described, basically a blank journal with places available for pasting in fortune cookie messages and writing your own notes about them. I bought it for my cousin who enjoys eating at Chinese restaurants and she thought it was a delightful way to organize her fortune collection, which has up to then been housed in a simple envelope.

It has a nice, sturdy cover and a strap to keep it closed. The pages are crisp and laid out in an attractive manner. There are a lot of pages to fill, more than enough to keep a regular diner organized.

This is definitely a fun little something for anyone you know who enjoys fortune cookies.

Hungry Girl: Recipes and Survival Strategies for Guilt-Free Eating in the Real World
by Lisa Lillien
Price: $14.08
554 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Supportive, Humorous, Just Right!, April 29, 2008
This is an absolutely charming, informative and imaginative book for anybody, female or otherwise, looking to eat better. Hungry Girl started out as a helpful website and just exploded from there and the excitement of having a new book to reach and assist wider audiences is present throughout the work.

The usual standards of recipes - soups, salads, entrees, party foods, desserts, etc. - are there, most with information on just why this is better for you than the standard recipe. There are also plenty of tasty vegetarian recipes available for those who can appreciate the endless appeal of butternut squash. Along with the recipes are also tips and helpful guidelines for lots of situations - eating at work, going to a party, taking a cruise, in line for fast food, etc. - many of which really made me stop and think about what I've been eating and how I've been eating it. She's got a lot of really great tips that I honestly had never considered before. There are selections of color photographs but most of the recipes have small drawings along with them. I really enjoyed this because it allowed the book to be packed with information rather than tantalizing pictures. And in the end, it's the ingredients that are important, not how it looks.

Hungry Girl is also endorsed by Weight Watchers and so all the recipes have their points value available online.

Lastly, and most importantly for a lot of people, none of the recipes in this book are overly complex or require lots of crazy ingredients. I'm just learning to be confident in the kitchen and I haven't come across a recipe yet that seems out of my skill range. Her enthusiasm throughout the book gives a fun feeling to the recipes, like you're not cooking but embarking on an adventure to eat better.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and the obvious effort put into it. There's something for everyone it its pages.

The Quotable Lawyer
The Quotable Lawyer
by Tony Lyons
15 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars An Enjoyable and Informative Collection, November 5, 2006
This review is from: The Quotable Lawyer (Hardcover)
The book description above really captures the spirit of the book much better than I ever could. It has a quote for nearly every situation, idea and element concerning Law and contains each in a well-labeled chapter.

I have purchased this book for three very different up and coming lawyers and each thoroughly enjoyed the gift.