Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Profile for C. Ward > Reviews

Browse

C. Ward's Profile

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Ward RSS Feed (Chicago, IL)

Page: 1 | 2
Camecho 6CH Super Mini RC Submarine with Two Headlight High Speed Remote Control Boat Two Propellers (Black)
Offered by podofo
Price: $18.96

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage, January 4, 2016
Genuine garbage. Worked for one day, and I made sure the rubber plug was in after charging. I would not recommend this to anyone.

Times Tables the Fun Way: Book for Kids: A Picture Method of Learning the Multiplication Facts
by Judy Liautaud
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: $15.24
29 used & new from $7.80

1.0 out of 5 stars No help. Common Core confusion., September 23, 2014
No help. Typical common core type stuff - SO incredibly complex it's confusing. For some reason 7 and 7 are soldiers and 4 is their fort and 9 is the USA. GET IT?? 7×7=49.
...

What?

We're just getting the tables and memorizing. She WOULD learn something with this book though --- how to hate math.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2015 3:31 PM PST

Aveda Brilliant Humectant Pomade 2.6 Ounces
Aveda Brilliant Humectant Pomade 2.6 Ounces
Offered by Amazing Beauty USA
Price: $27.99
24 used & new from $18.64

1.0 out of 5 stars OMG the chemical burn., April 25, 2012
Way back when, I used to love Brilliant Pomade (that came in a little pump bottle) and I used it frequently.
Recently, I bought this and now I have the WORST chemical burn rash on my neck. It's disgusting.
And it burns like hell.

I don't have sensitive skin and I've never had a problem with any product of this nature. Not sure what's in this but I can't use it.

Test it on your arm first. Burns on your nape aren't fun.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 29, 2012 2:44 PM PDT

VitaBev 65,000 ORAC Drinkable Effervescent Multivitamin, Product Sampler, 2 packets

2.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to like them., January 28, 2012
I got the sample pack because I didn't want to pay so much for a product I might or might not like.
Good thing.

The "fruit punch" was really, really bad. Like a crushed up vitamin.
The "lemon lime" wasn't much better.

I was hoping these would be tolerable, because it's such a great idea.
I'll stick to taking my vitamins in pill form if it's going to taste like this in drink form.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 9, 2014 9:50 AM PDT

ATD Tools 6752 1/4" Air Regulator
ATD Tools 6752 1/4" Air Regulator
Price: $4.91
6 used & new from $4.91

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong item received, September 1, 2011
The item I received looked nothing like the picture and was nothing like the description, even the description on the package was wrong.

Traditional Area Rug, Supreme Beige 5'x8'
Traditional Area Rug, Supreme Beige 5'x8'
Offered by Spectrumrug
Price: $44.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy for the money!, August 5, 2011
I was a little hesitant to buy an area rug for $30, but I read reviews of the seller's other rugs and figured the price was worth the gamble.
I was highly impressed! First, the shipping was super fast. Secondly, the rug really is pretty and a nice quality. We do have a pad underneath; otherwise, it wouldn't be quite as soft.
The same rug would probably retail for at least $75 at another store.
I am highly satisfied and will likely buy another rug for my basement now.

Yogourmet Electric Yogurt Maker
Yogourmet Electric Yogurt Maker
Price: $53.60
45 used & new from $39.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to love it., June 21, 2011
I wanted to love this. We eat a LOT of yogurt.
I first purchased this:

[...]

And it worked AWESOME!

One time.
Then it died.

I sent it back and got this one. And I have made four or five batches in this thing,first letting it cook for 4 hours, last night I let it cook for 8 - SAME consistency. RUNNY!
I used their yogurt starter, I used powdered milk, I used gelatin, I used brand name yogurt for a starter.
I have tried everything.

The yogurt comes out like Kefir, which is great for smoothies, etc. but how do I make it firm up?
Can anyone help?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 13, 2011 2:18 PM PDT

Optimus Petit Sophia Fertility Monitor
Optimus Petit Sophia Fertility Monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value., March 23, 2011
I wish I had known about this device before I purchased the BabyComp fertility monitor for over $500.00!

This does the exact same thing as BabyComp but is obviously much cheaper and is infinitely smaller and lighter and much more user and travel-friendly.

You know when to expect your period, when you're fertile, etc.

I personally like seeing my temps on a chart, so I enter them daily on FertilityFriend.com and that way I can see ovulation dip, possible pregnancy, etc. There are scores of Fertility Awareness sites out there that are free and easy - Fertility Friend is just one that I happen to use.
I also use the "My Days" and "WomanLog" apps on my Droid.
What can I say? I love temping.
;)

Love the fact that it's got an alarm. I usually don't even wake up fully - I just reach over, grab the device, temp, and I'm done. There's a beep that lets you know when your temp is done and recorded.
Yes, it's a bit heavier than a regular, non-computing, non-period alerting, non-ovulation alerting $5 thermomter, but it's not "heavy" by any stretch of the imagination and it's SO worth it. I really love this little thing and I love knowing my body well enough to know exactly the day my period's coming, exactly the days I'm fertile, etc.
Fertility Awareness is effective, natural, and won't increase your risk of cancer and stroke like The Pill.
And frankly, women SHOULD be in tune with their bodies enough to embrace Fertility Awareness.

Anyone want to buy a slightly used BabyComp?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2011 3:50 PM PDT

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit!, February 9, 2011
I just bought a Playtex nursing bra in size 44C.
I also bought this bra, same size.
I can't get this one on at all.
It's not even close to being a 44C.

It is pretty and would probably be comfy if it fit.

Nooski Mouse Trap, Reusable Ring Trap, Safer, Cleaner, Easier
Nooski Mouse Trap, Reusable Ring Trap, Safer, Cleaner, Easier

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised., February 8, 2011
Had several glue traps set up for a week or so.
I hated the idea of them and was terrified that a mouse would get stuck on the glue while my husband was not at home, forcing me to go door to door in the neighborhood looking for a man to deal with the problem.
I did not want a mouse to suffer, I didn't want a mouse maimed - I just wanted him gone.
My husband bought a Nooski because of the great reviews. (I should mention we had a mouse in our last condo, and we tried every humane trap and peppermint oil and electronic things - we set up a camera and the mouse would go ALL around the humane trap but would not enter. We finally got a cat because we wanted one anyway. Problem solved in a day or so. We love our cat, but she's fatter and lazier now and well, she just wasn't interested in mice anymore.)
We set up the Nooski two hours ago.
We were sitting here watching TV and heard the pop. I went upstairs (ugh!) and my husband found the mouse 3 inches from the Nooski, dead as a doornail but not maimed, bloody, tortured, etc.

I am SO glad that thing is gone. I have small kids and the thought of the baby crawling around in mouse poop was too much.
Awesome product.