Profile for Giuseppe > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 25

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Giuseppe RSS Feed (Sonoma, Ca)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Eaglewood (TM) [ETL Certified] 1A 5V USB AC Wall Charger with a Free USB to 8 Pin 3 Feet/1M Charging&Sync Cable Cord for iPhone 6 6 Plus, iPhone 5 5c 5s, iPod Touch 5th, Nano 7th, and iPad 4 Air Mini (White)
Offered by Eaglewood Trading
Price: $7.99
2 used & new from $7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars The plug part doesn't stay in the wall that well and it has a blue light on it that is annoying at night, June 1, 2015
Not a big fan. The plug part doesn't stay in the wall that well and it has a blue light on it that is annoying at night. It charges and does it's job, just not that well.

Papillon (P.S.)
Papillon (P.S.)
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, June 1, 2015
This review is from: Papillon (P.S.) (Kindle Edition)
What a great read, riveting and very interesting.

Eating on the Wild Side: The Missing Link to Optimum Health
Eating on the Wild Side: The Missing Link to Optimum Health
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Packed with very useful knowledge and easy to read, March 9, 2014
I have always eaten healthy but wanted to both expand my diet and learn different nutritional benefits of various fruits & vegetables. This book does that and much more! Not only does it have very specific nutrition information, but also ways to store and cook it to get the most out of it, as well as some history and remedies that have been around for centuries. Garlic & Onions being an extremely important part of war and why tearing up your lettuce will increase antioxidants are just two of many examples.

This stuff should be taught in school and to everyone. The book is well organized and very easy to read. It is packed with data, studies, and research without being drab in the least bit. At the end of each section it has a detailed list of each varietal and what it's benefits are, along with some top tips to remember.

The only thing I found wrong with this book, is that I find myself talking about which foods do what and how you should eat/prep other foods. I think my friends are getting a little tired of it.

Lonely Planet South America (Shoestring)
Lonely Planet South America (Shoestring)
by Andrew Dean Nystrom
70 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guide to South America, August 14, 2013
There is always information missing from guide books, but like all other Lonely Planet shoestring guides, I found this extremely helpful and worth carrying it around. And unlike some "budget" travel guides this one is pretty good at providing cheap options everywhere you go.

Killing Pablo: The Hunt for the World's Greatest Outlaw
Killing Pablo: The Hunt for the World's Greatest Outlaw
by Mark Bowden
354 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible and entertaining, August 14, 2013
Pablo Escobar was a brilliant and crazy individual...who doesn't like to read about someone that fits that description?

This is a very gripping book filled with jaw dropping events that you could never imagine. All until the very end.

Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyage
Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyage
by Alfred Lansing
340 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great real life tail, August 14, 2013
I read this some time ago but still talk about it. It's a great recount of any actual event, it's a book you don't put down until you're done.

Black Diamond Trail Ergo Cork Trekking Pole
Black Diamond Trail Ergo Cork Trekking Pole

5.0 out of 5 stars Why did I wait so long!!!, August 14, 2013
Though I have no grounds for comparison, I love these trekking poles. I never have used them and sort of gawked at hikers with them before. But they are so incredibly helpful on the trail, especially backpacking. A few weeks ago I was on a very rocky trail and would probably have fallen 3-4 times with my 40lb bag without these poles, and they saved me from stumbling countless times. They say they can take up to 20% stress of your legs, but I think you end up saving more energy by avoiding those energy consuming stumbles.

As a fisherman, I really like cork handles and these poles are no different.

When I first got them the right pole slipped a bit, contracting a few inches. I got out my knife, tightened the screw on the clamp, 20+ miles later not one slip.

The tips are super sharp and even stick into rocks on the trail.

The $100 Startup: Reinvent the Way You Make a Living, Do What You Love, and Create a New Future
by Chris Guillebeau
Price: $13.68
142 used & new from $9.42

4.0 out of 5 stars Very intutive and easy to read - focused on online startups, August 14, 2013
Once I started reading this book it was hard to put down and I finished very quickly. Although it focuses more on online businesses or service based business, there are a plethora of great ideas that can apply to any startup, or even growing a current business. Also, a lot of his studies were people who started something without profit intentions, so I think it's a great book to read so that you are more prepared when one of these situations happens to you.

There were a great number of concrete examples from participants in his study that started a lot of ideas kicking in my head. This isn't a step by step on how creating a startup or a book to tell you what do sell/offer. It's a guide to help you make your ideas/services profitable, desirable, known, and overall successful, through real life examples. It also will give you some guidance on how to deal with increased business and that the customer might not always be right. More than anything I think it's a confidence builder and motivator to get the ball rolling.

WHY I GAVE IT FOUR STARS
The only reason I did not give this book five stars was that it primarily focused on online based services I was hoping for a bit more product based examples. However, if I knew this I still would have purchased it.

Banana: The Fate of the Fruit That Changed the World
Banana: The Fate of the Fruit That Changed the World
by Dan Koeppel
Price: $14.97
102 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book but it may take your appetite for bananas away, July 17, 2013
This was an extremely interesting and informative book. It was packed with information but was written in a way that was rarely if ever boring. It pretty much goes through the evelotion of the Banana, it's cultural history, it's scientific rebirth, and the economical/socialogical back lash of this little yellow fruit. You will know more than you ever wanted to know about the Banana industry and may make you feel quite guilty about eating a Banana. Personally I went banana free for over a year after this book, but couldn't resist its sweet delicous flavor and easy access to potasium, I in the least try to buy only free trade & organic whenever possible.

Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter Hammock
Grand Trunk Skeeter Beeter Hammock
Price: $63.99
20 used & new from $63.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Pending Field Use...It's Awesome, July 17, 2013
I have not yet taken this backpacking but set it up in my yard, it is amazing. It's super light and small, much smaller than my tent. It has EVERYTHING you need to set it up. If you don't want to use the mosquito netting you can just turn it upside down and it works as if it wasn't even there.

Setting it up took me about 35 seconds, SUPER EASY. Of course I didn't set up the mosquito lines, which I think might take a bit more time.

In regards to the size, it is large and you can sink in to it, but like any hammock if you lay diagonally in it you can get pretty flat. Also it depends where you set it up, how far about the two trees/poles are.

Inside pockets...I did not find these pockets but now looking at the pictures I see they are in the mesh, which I didn't really use.

All in all, it's a great product and it compares with the $90 hammocks you can buy elsewhere (the ones that don't come with ropes or $80 mosquito net)

EDIT: August 19, 2013
I've now taken this on a few camping and backpacking trips and am still very happy. It's light and easy to carry and set up takes only seconds. Setting up the mosquito netting takes a bit more time, and strategy, but fairly straight forward. And when you're ready to leave just stuff it all back into the bag. Still unable to locate pockets, must be a different model. The fabric is very strong but somewhat thin, a light breeze will go right through it; which is nice on a hot day a bit unfortunate in the chilly evening.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3