Profile for Denise Eaden > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 34

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Denise Eaden RSS Feed (Atlanta, GA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Tales of the City (Tales of the City Series, V. 1)
Tales of the City (Tales of the City Series, V. 1)
by Armistead Maupin
403 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars for the entire Tales of the City series!, March 27, 2002
I have just finished the sixth book of the Tales of the City series. I loved every one of them and am only sad the series has ended. Maupin introduces you to a group of diverse individuals in San Francisco who have been brought together by their address and their very eccentric landlady. With each book you will follow your new friends on adventures in career, travel, and love. These books will stay on my bookshelves to be read again and again!

Bloodsucking Fiends: A Love Story
Bloodsucking Fiends: A Love Story
by Christopher Moore
151 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Great from Christopher Moore!, March 26, 2002
I am so glad I discovered this author. This is the second book of his I have read and I liked it almost as much as Lust Lizard. This one is set in San Francisco where an ancient vampire creates a fledgling vampire of Jody for his own entertainment. Jody is left unaware of what she has become or how to adapt to her new form, and befriends a human as a companion and protector. What comes next is a wild ride for Jody, Tommy, the police, a local character known to all as The Emperor, and all who cross their paths. Filled with humor, adventure, and love, this story will keep you entertained from page one to the end!

Love Among the Walnuts: or, How I Saved My Family from Being Poisoned
Love Among the Walnuts: or, How I Saved My Family from Being Poisoned
by Jean Ferris
99 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A great book for all ages., March 24, 2002
Sweet and naive Sandy tries to save his parents and pet chicken from being killed by his greedy and sinister uncles who are after the family money. When this means moving the comatose chicken and parents into the neighboring hospital for the mentally challenged, they will meet and befriend a cast of very endearing yet neglected people. A very warm-hearted story with humor, adventure, and suspense all in one cover. Great imagination!

Aloha, Mr. Lucky
Aloha, Mr. Lucky
by Corson Hirschfeld
61 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great mystery and adventure in Hawaii!, February 17, 2002
This review is from: Aloha, Mr. Lucky (Paperback)
I read this book on a trip to Hawaii so I particularly enjoyed the detailed stories of Hawaiian myth. In additon, Hirschfeld creates unique characters, introduced one by one, whose lives come together in a bizarre adventure of good guy, bad guy, and treasures sought. I laughed a lot, held my breath, and learned a few things from this wonderful debut novel. Who knew I could find two of my favorite things (comedy and suspense) in one book!

Eating The Cheshire Cat: A Novel
Eating The Cheshire Cat: A Novel
by Helen Ellis
127 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Backstabbing and revenge at its best..., February 11, 2002
Love the title, love the cover, love the book. Meet three southern, small town girls and their families. Dysfunctional is an understatement - I think borderline psychotic may be more on par. The constant clawing and backstabbing left me giggling and the ending was one I never expected. This is a great vacation book. You will never forget these girls (or their mothers!) or their actions.

The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove
The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove
by Christopher Moore
92 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Christopher Moore is my discovery of the year!, January 26, 2002
In a rush for something new to read, I bought this book for the title alone. The story inside is just as creative. A stoned constable and an ex-warrior babe actress gone psychotic are your heros in a town that has all gone nuts - thanks to the local psychiatrist who changed everyone's antidepressants to placebos and to an ancient sea-beast name Steve who has awakend from a million year slumber and emerged from the sea into this tiny town. This book had me laughing on almost every page and wishing I could meet every character in Pine Cove. You must read this book!

Getting Over It
Getting Over It
by Anna Maxted
Price: $12.60
310 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A very real comedy-I Ioved this book!, January 26, 2002
This review is from: Getting Over It (Paperback)
A funny thing happened to Helen on the way to her father's funeral - and this on top of a man who isn't right for her, an unlikely prospective boyfriend, a terrible roommate, a "tequila incident", and a mother who has completely gone over the edge. What Anna Maxted does, is turn this seemingly tragic story into one filled with laughs and a unique perspective. I can't wait for Running in Heels to hit paperback!

Gossip
Gossip
by Christopher Bram
61 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good, Light Mystery., January 26, 2002
This review is from: Gossip (Hardcover)
I bought this book because the back cover synopsis made it sound like a good comedy; a political satire. Although the book was not quite what I expected, it was very good. I was unfamiliar with Bram, and did not know that this book was considered gay fiction. It was a very good read and the story definitely sucked me in with a few twists and turns that I never expected. The main character, Ralph Eckart, is very likeable and I found myself amazed at his unfortunate luck and stood behind him all the way. I plan on picking up Father of Frankenstein by Bram next time I am looking for something to read. He is a great storyteller and Gossip is a good, quick read.

Iguana Love
Iguana Love
by Vicki Hendricks
35 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing......, January 25, 2002
This review is from: Iguana Love (Paperback)
Great title - bad book. Poorly developed characters and a plot that does not take you anywhere.

Fat Bald Jeff
Fat Bald Jeff
by Leslie Stella
Price: $10.65
81 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Hilariously good book!, January 22, 2002
This review is from: Fat Bald Jeff (Paperback)
What do you do when the dulldrums set in at the office? Uncover the truth about what goes on behind closed doors. Addie is the most cynical and sarcastic character I have ever loved and she is surrounded by a cast of bizarre characters who you will look to find in your own life. This book was such a pleasant surprise and made me laugh out loud several times. I can't wait to see more from Stella.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4