Profile for T. Masters > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

T. Masters RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
DE Ganoderma navy blue 15 x 169mm 110127740 in fu Sailor (japan import)
DE Ganoderma navy blue 15 x 169mm 110127740 in fu Sailor (japan import)
Offered by Japan Select Shop "Ichizen"
Price: $13.60
73 used & new from $1.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one of my favorite daily writers and allows me to get so many ..., November 1, 2014
I have many fountain pens, from a classic Montblanc #149 that costs as much as 100 of these pens to, well, this pen. This is one of my favorite daily writers and allows me to get so many different pen strokes from very fine to broad. I love it. It is simply a no frills, just pen, kind of pen and is so fun to write with.

Betas Season 1 [HD]
Betas Season 1 [HD]
DVD
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars cool show, January 30, 2014
kind of cliche with the characters, but so was the office, for a different generation. This is the hipster version of the office. There is the visionary leader, the brain, the nerd, the hot chick and the "old" guy/clown. Good show. Love Ed in this, perfect role for him.

30 Neodymium Magnets 1/4 x 1/16 inch Disc N48
30 Neodymium Magnets 1/4 x 1/16 inch Disc N48
Offered by totalElement
Price: $6.19
9 used & new from $2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars high quality but did NOT work with my collar stays for my shirt, these are not strong enough, January 29, 2014
the magnets themselves are of high quality. I bought them to replace lost wurkin stiffs magnets on the cheap. These are too small to do the job but will find plenty of other uses around the house. I ordered 1/8" thick magnets for my shirt collars.

FroliCat DART TR1 Automatic Rotating Laser Pet Toy
FroliCat DART TR1 Automatic Rotating Laser Pet Toy
Price: $27.95
42 used & new from $19.54

5.0 out of 5 stars dog tested, dog approved, January 29, 2014
Length:: 0:48 Mins

I have a large dog, she could chase this laser all day until the battery was drained if she could. She has even figured out how to turn it on by herself by tapping the top buttons. The timer function worked well, until she figured out how to turn it back on. No complaints, but not sure how slobber proof the top will be, but that isn't a manufacturer issue ;)

The Neat Company 00009 Travel Case for NeatCo Mobile Scanners Black
The Neat Company 00009 Travel Case for NeatCo Mobile Scanners Black
Offered by The Neat Company
Price: $19.99
11 used & new from $16.85

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for travel, December 18, 2013
well built exactly for this item. I wouldn't travel without it. Would be nice to just have this included with the scanner though

NeatReceipts Mobile Scanner and Digital Filing System - PC
NeatReceipts Mobile Scanner and Digital Filing System - PC
Price: $129.99
33 used & new from $62.20

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, December 18, 2013
I travel almost weekly and expense reports have always been a pain. Not anymore with this scanner! (and the software). Like you can read, this scans the receipts and auto imports into the database in the software that is included. I was able to make an excel template off the expense form my company uses with custom fields and it creates the expense form in the format I need. It would be nice to be able to customize more fields and expense categories for more customization, but it works fine.

There is a subscription based feature set that allows for mobile scanning and an online database for heavy users, but using locally on my laptop does fine. Now I can't wait to scan in receipts. I just leave it out in my hotel room and at night just quickly scan in the receipts and on the plane home pop out an expense report ready to go.

There are a few more sw features that would make life even more easier, but this is still 100% easier than the process I was using before.

The only hw glitch is when it feeds docs it kind of skews them a bit as it feeds in and is a bit tricky to get it exactly aligned while feeding in full page docs. I have to rescan a couple of docs if it gets too out of alignment.

Westin 27-1265 Stepboard Mt Kit
Westin 27-1265 Stepboard Mt Kit
Price: $94.04
36 used & new from $61.51

1.0 out of 5 stars worst kit I have ever used, October 25, 2013
I installed a pair of westin tubes almost 10 years ago. After they rusted off, I got the aluminum sure step and this installation kit. Probably the worst instructions I have ever seen. Seriously, how hard is it to write some decent instructions. I could spend 10 minutes and write a better set of instructions. After you get one side done, you figure it out. The worst offense is that the brackets aren't engineered to fit correctly. The bracket will bend the lower lip of the sheet metal as you tighten down the bolts. It should have been at 90 degrees, but it is at about 80 degrees so the thin metal is stressed. The bolts are barely big enough to get threaded, because of the incorrectly engineered bracket. Once you finally get it threaded, it starts to bend the metal out. Like the other poster mentioned, the self tapping screws are barely long enough and you have to be very delicate while drilling and set the clutch on the drill low so you don't drill out the hole completely like I did on my first hole. I'm not convinced it will hold. I may tack weld the brackets on if it gets loose. I'm not thrilled about drilling holes in my truck. There are plenty of factory holes and options that should have been utilized. I wish I had gone with a different option/brand. With stressed metal and questionable self tapped screws, not sure how long this will last. I'm pretty sure I will need to weld these on at some point, if I don't just rip them off and start with a different brand. This is on a 2001 F150 supercrew.

Hunter PGP Ultra Rotor Head 4" Pop-Up
Hunter PGP Ultra Rotor Head 4" Pop-Up
Offered by Positive Attitude Supply
Price: $10.49
11 used & new from $5.50

5.0 out of 5 stars swapping out old PGP ADJs, June 18, 2013
I have a few Hunter PGP ADJs that are showing their age, probably at least 10 years old. One broke so I got this Ultra to replace. Hunter is so good that their new products are backwards compatible so I didn't have to dig the old one out, I just unscrewed the to part and swapped out the internal mechanism. Took less than 5 minutes. The ultra is a lot easier to adjust. Plus I bought from Green Thumb Guy and they included nozzles and an adjustment too for free. I will be in the process of swapping out my heads since it is so easy.

GearWrench 3321 Fuel Line Quick Disconnect Tool
GearWrench 3321 Fuel Line Quick Disconnect Tool
Price: $14.08
23 used & new from $11.75

5.0 out of 5 stars 2001 Ford f150 5.4 Works perfectly, May 30, 2013
Used to replace fuel filter. Piece of cake, took 5 mins using the smaller diameter fitting. Tool shipped fast and looks like it will last the life of this truck and the next one.

Steps I performed:
1. opened gas cap (truck sat overnight)
2. released pressure from valve on fuel rail on passenger side of engine fuel rail with a rag to catch fuel
3. under truck on driver's side along the chassis frame, disconnect the quick clips holding the fuel lines to filter
4. used the tool to press the tool into the fuel connector to release the spring to detach the filter
5. had a rag handy to catch the gas that will come out
6. reinstalled by inserting the filer in the holding clip first then connecting the fuel lines and safety clips
7. closed gas caps
8. turned the key to "on" and let the fuel pump work a little, repeated 3x
9. started the truck and let it stumble a bit until it ran like normal

use caution as there will be fumes and have a fire extinguisher handy and obviously, no smoking
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 7, 2014 8:20 AM PDT

ACCEL 140032-8  Ignition SuperCoil Set (Pack of 8)
ACCEL 140032-8 Ignition SuperCoil Set (Pack of 8)
Price: $169.38
43 used & new from $169.38

4.0 out of 5 stars 2001 Ford f150 5.4 Works so far but not a perfect OEM fit, May 30, 2013
Replaced all 8 last week. So far so good but the tab on the COPs is about a millimeter shorter (half) than the OEM version so the clip on the wire harness didn't "click" when plugged in. I am worried that some of the wire harnesses might vibrate off the COP at some point. I cut small wedges of high temp tubing to wedge in the clip to force the harness to hold down the little tab but I shouldn't have to do that. If I was smart and rich I would have returned these and just gotten a different brand. But I guess you get what you pay for. I just hope they last, if not I will be replacing with the A.Z. ones that come with a lifetime replacement warranty. I will try to post a pic of the difference and keep this review open if some of them fail over time.
Comment Comment | Permalink