Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation
Profile for T. Masters > Reviews

Browse

T. Masters' Profile

Customer Reviews: 40

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

T. Masters RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Amazon Echo
Amazon Echo
Price: $179.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Like many others, I love Alexa and she is awesome with SmartThings, February 25, 2016
This review is from: Amazon Echo (Electronics)
Others have gone into great detail, so I won't. I love when new skills and features are added. I use it with SmartThings hub.

I would love to control my ZEN thermostat with it incase any Echo developers troll the reviews. "Alexa, its too hot" and she replies "OK, I see the mode is set to heat, so I decreased the temperature by 3 degrees" etc. Please make that happen :)

I also use it with IFTT for a lot of things.

I love that I can add things to the shopping list then use the app to buy them from Amazon so easily. I think the integration with the store is awesome. Somehow though there is always candy and pop-sickles on the shopping list. I can replay the voice that added it and my 6 yearold loves to add things to the list. She thinks if she adds it to the list, things magically appear in the mail.

It is a great compliment to SmartThings and probably some other home automation systems, since I don't want my kids using the home automation app and messing things up, but they can control things like the lights that are automated and turn them on and off, and when the alarm goes off, they can turn the siren off via Alexa.

I also use IFTT to call phones when they can't be found.

There are soooo many possibilities with this, it is awesome.

GE Z-Wave Wireless Lighting Control Outdoor Module
GE Z-Wave Wireless Lighting Control Outdoor Module
Offered by ELVESsupply
Price: $36.99
18 used & new from $36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Some have had issues, but works great for me with SmartThings, February 25, 2016
I got this to work with my SmartThings v2 hub to control my Outdoor Christmas lights. I had about 500 feet of LED lights fed through this one outlet and it did fine through freezing temperatures, rain and snow. Now I have it indoors controlling some lamps. I did have to reset my hub and it was a bit difficult to find the instructions on how to do it, but SmartThings support came to the rescue.

"press the button on the module Twice while the Hub is searching for devices to exclude (see my note below). Then when connecting it, hit it just once."

I also learned that to exclude zwave devices the utility is found from the dashboard>three dots at top>My Locations>gear icon>Hubs, pick your hub and the + sign>Z-Wave Utilities>General Device Exclusion

I never knew that before, but it worked on the first try. Exclude first by following those steps, then go to add new device and push the button once.

hope that helps someone

Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Wave Door/Window Sensor, 2nd Edition (DSB
Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Wave Door/Window Sensor, 2nd Edition (DSB
Offered by The Smartest House
Price: $34.95
8 used & new from $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product and works perfectly with SmartThings Hub., February 25, 2016
A slightly cheaper door sensor to use with SmartThings. This is a little smaller than the ST version and about 30% cheaper, but it does not have all the features of the ST multisensor like tilt, vibration and temperature, but it works perfectly as an open/close sensor that blends in a little better. Also it uses AAA batteries that say it is good for 2 years. After about 3 months, the battery still says 100%, so I don't doubt that. I have several Aeon Labs products and they connect to my SmartThings v2 hub almost immediately. I had to reset my hub and start from scratch and the Aeon Labs devices were a breeze to reset and reconnect, much easier than with the SmartThings and other zwave devices. If you just need an open/close sensor, this one is hard to beat.

iPhone Charger, Cambond 6.6ft Nylon Braided 8 Pin Lightning to USB Cable for iPhone 6s / 6s Plus / 6 / 6 Plus / 5s / 5c / 5, iPad Air, Mini , iPad Pro, iPad 4th, iPod 7 ( Silver )
Offered by Cambond
Price: $40.99

5.0 out of 5 stars best cable I have ever owned., February 25, 2016
these cords are awesome. They should last forever, or at least another year until Apple decides to change the connectors again and make us all buy new cables. Excellent construction and materials, very impressed.

First Alert CO605 Carbon Monoxide Plug-In Alarm with Battery Backup
First Alert CO605 Carbon Monoxide Plug-In Alarm with Battery Backup
Price: $18.98
215 used & new from $18.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Peace of mind - and meeting code., February 25, 2016
I have always trusted First Alert. I wish I would have gotten the zwave smoke and CO detectors, but I only got the zwave smoke and tried to save a few bucks, now with a new HE furnace I had to pick up some of these to meet code. The only downside is that I give up outlet space and the unit is a little wide and larger than I expected. It would be nice if it had a pass through outlet, but it isn't worth compromising safety. Also, it has a little red LED that glows to show that the unit is on, I always associate red with bad and would have designed it with a green LED, but who cares about my opinion on the matter.

Genuine Toyota (81680-AE010) Backup Lamp Assembly
Genuine Toyota (81680-AE010) Backup Lamp Assembly
Price: $97.61
9 used & new from $97.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as described and fit perfectly on 2005 Sienna Limited, February 25, 2016
brand new and fit perfect. Now if I could just keep the Mrs. from backing into things...

ZEN Thermostat - Black
ZEN Thermostat - Black
Price: $199.00
3 used & new from $152.71

5.0 out of 5 stars ZEN and SmartThings is exactly what I was wanting. Thank You!, February 25, 2016
I won't rewrite what others have already said. I wanted a simple device to connect to the SmartThings v2 hub and automate all of the temperature scheduling through ST. It was easy to install, I followed the instructions on the zen website to set it up step by step. All in it took 10 minutes to disconnect the old thermostat and have this one up and running and another 5 minutes to add to ST.

It is very simple and good looking. The LEDs are plenty bright enough in the daylight and my 6 yearold can use it just fine. I am using routines to control the temperature schedule on "good night" and "good morning" and if that isn't enough there are enough SmartApps to fill in the gaps using one of the many temperature sensors around the house.

I would like if I could control the temperature through Alexa. There may be a way but I haven't figured it out yet. If anyone knows, feel free to reply.

LED Bar Lamp - Black
LED Bar Lamp - Black
Price: $24.04
17 used & new from $24.04

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality, returned immediately, September 17, 2015
This review is from: LED Bar Lamp - Black (Misc.)
worst quality item I have purchased. It is covered in rust and the paint is chipped and looks like it was repaired with a black sharpie.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Livescribe 3 Smartpen Ink Cartridge, Medium Blue (8-pack)
Livescribe 3 Smartpen Ink Cartridge, Medium Blue (8-pack)
Price: $9.99
51 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars There are better ink alternatives out there, April 22, 2015
the livescribe ink that came with the pen almost made me want to return the pen. Ink flow is important to me, I write fast. I found an alternative that is far superior, Zebra JSB-0.5 Gel Ink Pen Refill - D1 - 0.5 mm - Royal Blue RJSB5-RBL I get it from JetPens. Get the gel ink. Comes in black and blue and it won't slow down your writing and it registers 100% in livescribing.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2016 7:45 PM PST

Night Therapy Platform Metal Bed Frame/Foundation Set(SmartBase + Metal Brackets for Headboard & Footboard + Bed Skirt - King) - No Box Spring needed
Price: $186.65