Profile for Daniel W. Noonan > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 59

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Daniel W. Noonan RSS Feed (Danbury, Connecticut USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Independence Day (Five Star Collection)
Independence Day (Five Star Collection)
DVD ~ Will Smith
Offered by Drennor
Price: $17.99
289 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars A perty good flick but...., August 24, 2000
This was an excillant film the first time I saw it. I left the theatres saying wow this was great! only I saw it again. that was my mistake. the film seems to loose alot after seeing it more than once or twice, for sure not worth it to own.

Braveheart
Braveheart
DVD ~ Mel Gibson
Offered by Goodies&Such
Price: $7.62
575 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars FREEDOM for sure!, August 24, 2000
This review is from: Braveheart (DVD)
WHat bad things can you say about a movie that has englishman getting there butts kicked! and Need I say that the insane irishman stole the show from Good ole mel? hehehe not that mel didnt do a fine job, that mooning the english army scene was priceless and should go down as one of the best scenes ever made... almost compareable with the "you talking to me.." denero scene. ^5 to mel... a masterpeice for himself surely!

Fight Club (Two-Disc Collector's Edition)
Fight Club (Two-Disc Collector's Edition)
DVD ~ Brad Pitt
207 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars probabally the best DVD to date!, August 24, 2000
the movie itself was very good, the movie alone I would probabally give 4 stars. But this dvd has so many extras it is worth a star of its own. This is the reason why DVDs are so fun to own, and I hope future releases follow a similiar suit. AS for the movie the acting is superb, the one negative, is there is way to much preaching going on for my taste, its ok to have a message to send, but preaching is a bit to much for me.. For sure not finchers best.. but fincher definatly will have me hooked for what I hope is a long and succesful career.

DVD ~ Tom Hanks
Price: $9.49
317 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Deserves 3 1/2 stars, August 24, 2000
this movie wasnt bad at all. and to tell the truth that begening battle was one of the best I had ever seen. 3.5 stars to me isnt a bad movie.. I just dont feel its worth the own, I got this movie right when it came out and have only watched it once and did a partiel viewing of it another time. I think you will be satisfied with renting this movie.. buying it however, well maybe if its on sale.

DVD ~ Tom Hanks

Offered by Solo Enterprises
Price: $10.00
360 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars WOWZA!, August 24, 2000
This review is from: The Shawshank Redemption (DVD)
HEY i loved this film.. I cant say enough good things about it, except BUY it.. its worth many many multiple watches... Robbins and Freeman deliver 2 of the best perfomances ever!

The Talented Mr. Ripley
The Talented Mr. Ripley
DVD ~ Matt Damon
Offered by JRobison
Price: $15.00
106 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars WHat movie did you guys watch?, August 24, 2000
This review is from: The Talented Mr. Ripley (DVD)
So many positive reviews for this film. it was one of the worstmovies I have ever had the displeasure of seeing, Matt Damon ... did an ok acting job. thats as far as the positives goes.. The plot is just ridulas everyone else looked more like fools trying to act. by the way did I mention how Horribal that Plot was.. Normally I'd say rent this movie before buying it, But dont even bother, its not worth the 4 bucks for one viewing let alone multiple ones.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 13, 2009 5:27 AM PDT

GoodFellas
GoodFellas
DVD ~ Robert De Niro
Offered by Phase 3, LLC
Price: $8.99
416 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Martin Scorsese = Legend, August 24, 2000
This review is from: GoodFellas (DVD)
If ever there was a masterpiece in Scorsese's later works this would be it, you could not ask for a better cast. Joe pesci Plays one of the most memorable charecters of his career (2nd only to my cusin vinny) HA! ....

Raging Bull
Raging Bull
DVD ~ Robert De Niro
Offered by Outlet Promotions
Price: $16.74
119 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best films ever made, August 24, 2000
This review is from: Raging Bull (DVD)
Though Denero is amazing in this film, I couldnt help but fall in love with Joe peci's charecter. The acting was supurb in every single cast member. The whole way the film was set up and played was masterly done. Scorsese's argueably best picture...

The Catcher in the Rye
The Catcher in the Rye
by J. D. Salinger
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $5.66
743 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, August 24, 2000
I read this book some years ago in HS. I feel that this book gets alot more hype then it deserves, But the main Charecter is one who is easily related to by a good many of people. Its difinatly an american classic and is well worth the read for pleasure as well as edjucational porposes.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6