Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (G)

The Man in the High Castle [HD]
The Man in the High Castle [HD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Well Done!, February 25, 2015
Wow, what a great episode! The actors are sympathetic and the storyline is fascinating. The world-building of an alternate Japanese/Nazi America is immaculately accomplished. The viewer is left to wonder--who is the man in the high castle? And what will happen to our protagonists after that twist?

Canopy 3-Year Laptop Computer Accidental Protection Plan ($900-$1000)
Canopy 3-Year Laptop Computer Accidental Protection Plan ($900-$1000)
Offered by Asurion, LLC
Price: $155.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems Like a Great Plan, September 19, 2012
I just purchased this plan along with my Sony Viao T, which was pretty expensive and definitely needs some type of protection plan. Canopy's plan seemed to good to be true, but it's legit and now I feel so much more at ease with my laptop. I can't believe the plan covers three years worth of accidents, spills, etc. Usually most plans only cover laptop failure as a result of the laptop itself, not drops or accidents (which, let's be honest, is usually the reason why many of our laptops break). So far I haven't yet had to use it though since I just bought it, and I haven't had any dealings with their customer service. Hopefully I won't have to, but so far this seems like a good plan.

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices)
Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices)
by Cassandra Clare
Price: $15.92
147 used & new from $1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable Book, just some issues, December 16, 2011
This book needs a better editor. In one scene Will traveled through a graveyard and we are supposed to be in his point of view. Yet the Claire felt the need to describe the back of his neck. If like in the Chronicles of Narnia, you use first person omniscient. You can write about the back of people's necks, but Claire is using limited. We are in Will's point of view and how can he tell what is happening in the back of his neck if he's facing forwards? It doesn't make sense.
Lastly the similes in this book made me shudder. Some are as bad as this. My love isn't like paint, because my love never dries. Don't you get cringe at those words? For example, a bad simile in this book would be, like mist rising out of the Thames. I've never seen mist rise out of a river in my life, and I have been too many rivers. The red river, the Muskegon river, the grand river, I could make the list longer, but you get my point. That simile jerked me out of an intense kissing scene and I couldn't enjoy that scene, because I kept cringing at the simile.
When I read this book I had to remind myself that Will wasn't Jace. In case you don't know Jace is from Clare's other series The Immortal Instruments. They have the same personality, except Jace is an angel compared to Will. Just because they're rude and snarly doesn't mean that they're the same person, I have to tell my brain. (But it doesn't work) They have different hair color and eyes. They're different people, right? (Still not working)
A thing I have to commode Claire that Tessa actually stands up to Will. I still can't believe that she be in love with that guy after all he's done. That makes Tessa look weak.
There is a prominent love triangle in this book and now after reading a lot of Young Adult fiction that trope irritates me to no end. Oh! I can't choose between two guys and they're both hot. Choose! I have a prediction. The nice guy will finish last, like they always do. Books like these are terrific dating advice for guys. Treat girl terribly and you will get them!(I hope girls that we want more then that.)
Having said that I did enjoy this book, but not much happens. Sometimes I wondered where the evil bad guy went.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 27, 2011 6:24 PM PST