Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now
Profile for CJ > Reviews

Browse

CJ's Profile

Customer Reviews: 25

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

CJ RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
When the Duke Was Wicked (Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James Book 1)
When the Duke Was Wicked (Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James Book 1)
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It! (mostly), June 23, 2014
I thought this was a wonderful story about love and loss and finding yourself again. Both the H and h have experienced loss but each in a different way. They way they each decide to survive is thoughtful and interesting. If I could I would have only given this 4 1/2 stars because, the way the h decides to engage the H is a bit trite even for the Victorian setting and Heath really could have developed a better plot for the conflict.

The Accidental Duchess
The Accidental Duchess
by Madeline Hunter
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.99
89 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh... from a normally amazing writer, June 23, 2014
So I loved Penthurst. I thought he was a well thought out character and had all the aspects required for the Hero. I wanted to love the heroine because in earlier books in this series, it seemed like she would have such a riveting backstory once she got her chance. Sadly, that was not the case. Instead, I felt like the author was just "phoning it in" to finish the series. The plot was superficial at best, when given the other books in the series could have been so much more. The heroine's part in the overall conflict of the series was trite and it dragged. I still love Madeline Hunter but I pray this one isn't a sign of things to come.

AK Anne Klein Women's Ionna Pump,Bronze/Multi Bronze Fabric ,8.5 M US
AK Anne Klein Women's Ionna Pump,Bronze/Multi Bronze Fabric ,8.5 M US

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice shoe but half size too big, April 13, 2014
Love the shoe but it was about a half size too big. I can still wear them but just half to stick a little tissue in the front. Other than that they are very comfortable!

DHP 8-Inch Independently-Encased Coil Premium Futon Mattress, Full Size, Black
DHP 8-Inch Independently-Encased Coil Premium Futon Mattress, Full Size, Black
Price: $129.00
17 used & new from $129.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Perfect!, April 13, 2014
Great product so far! Unlike some other reviewers, I had no problem with any odors. the product shipped and arrived on time. My futon stays mostly in the couch position and I was worried this would slide off but there have been no problems with that whatsoever. Very pleased!

WeighMax 4801 Digital Multifunctional Kitchen Scale
WeighMax 4801 Digital Multifunctional Kitchen Scale

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product for the money, December 3, 2013
Very happy. Great product, easy to work! But not many extra functions beyond weight function. Good product for the money.

The Mad Earl's Bride: (Originally published in the print anthology THREE WEDDINGS AND A KISS) (Scoundrels Book 5)
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read! Great novella!, December 3, 2013
This is by far my favorite novella ever. The characters are easy to love and the story is amazing. I wish this novella could have been a full novel. I haven't seen any of Loretta's other stories where these H and h are talked about but I would love to know where their HEA went.

No Good Duke Goes Unpunished: The Third Rule of Scoundrels (Rules of Scoundrels)
by Sarah MacLean
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.99
122 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Could've been much better., December 3, 2013
If I could I would give it 3.5 stars. The book started out bad. I mean Mara is probably one of the most unlikable heroines I've come across in 20 years of reading romance. The problem, I think, is that the author takes to long to tell us why we shouldn't hate Mara. That being said, if you can trust that she's not the *itch you initially meet and that the author wouldn't try to match her up to our amazing hero if she didn't deserve it, it gets better. Mostly though, Sarah just didn't flesh out the characters enough. Even Temple didn't get his background told right, I had to rely on what I knew from previous books. That being said the book did get better and I was looking forward to their Happy Ending. Bottom line: If you've read the early Scoundrels you will eventually like this one, but if you don't know the history you may have problems liking Mara.

Everything In Its Time (Time After Time Series Book 1)
Everything In Its Time (Time After Time Series Book 1)
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Really slow start, much better in the middle, July 22, 2013
This book had a really slow start for me. I almost gave up but kept reading since I had nothing better to read at the moment. It got a lot more interesting in the middle as the characters developed. I liked that the author had interesting secondary characters in their own story line. However, she never really developed any characters or story as much as I would have liked. Still once you get past the slow beginning this is a good book for a day at the beach. If you're expecting an epic tale of time travel or romance 'ala Diana Gabaldon you are probably going to be disappointed. This is not the heavy read that that series is (which after the first three I found tiresome). This is more of a quick to moderate read for a relaxing day.

Nothing But Time
Nothing But Time
Price: $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars One of the worst time travel books I have ever read., July 2, 2013
This review is from: Nothing But Time (Kindle Edition)
I just don't get the great reviews for this book. It was awful and I say that having read some pretty bad ones. I couldn't even finish it. The heroine was completely unlikable and frankly I thought she was a word that rhymes with witch. She finds herself back in time and oddly enough seems to adjust to the FACT that she is back in time fine. But then every encounter she goes out of her way to it seems to do things that are completely out of step with the culture and time period. Talk about an "Ugly American!" MINOR SPOILERS: So she's standing in the servant line (as one of the maids) waiting for the Earl to walk by and she blurts out "Wow, he's hot!". Later she meets him and he asks her name and she pops off with "Why don't you tell me yours first?" And then proceeds to call him Brandon for presumably the rest of the book (I only got 1/2 way through). I could go on and on about how she feels completely ok with telling him she a scientist and went to MIT. Really? She makes no effort to EVEN try to fit in to the time. And the Hero seems to take it all with a grain of salt. As if it is perfectly normal in 1876 for a lower maid to call him by his first name and announce she is a college graduate in a field that hadn't even been invented yet. Uggh. Then there's the plot holes. The Hero apparently had never intended to be an Earl and the statement is made that he's the only male in the line left. Then the author introduces a nephew, the earl's sister's son. Our Hero announces that said nephew is the heir apparent. Umm can you say plot hole? Maybe the book got better I don't know. I did sneak a peek at the end and they get their happy ending, or at least she does, for the Hero I feel sorry for him if he has to spend the rest of his life with that rude woman!=)
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 17, 2015 2:19 AM PST

Can You Escape
Can You Escape
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars cute, June 19, 2013
This review is from: Can You Escape (App)
not a bad game. too short and no hints are the only down sides. Looking forward to new levels. Good job.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3