Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Periphery Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for ReviewBoard > Reviews

Browse

ReviewBoard's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

ReviewBoard RSS Feed

Lacie 9000291 Rugged USB3 Thunderbolt 120GB SSD 380MBps TransferRate
Lacie 9000291 Rugged USB3 Thunderbolt 120GB SSD 380MBps TransferRate

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Performance, Odd Design, Good Buy Overall, January 23, 2013
When I received the drive I was a little surprised by how large it was. It's definitely still a portable external drive, but it is bulky enough that it will not simple slip into a side pocket of your backpack. When I removed the rubber "ruggedized" covering, I was surprised that the drive was so plain and unsightly. Not that I mind much, but I'd expect it to be a little more pleasing to the eyes as an external drive.

As for the actual use of this drive, when it comes to speed, I hace a new best friend. I transfered my music library from my old drive to this little puppy, a feat which took the old bugger about 20 minutes to complete, whereas this new feller only took about 5. I'll take a 3/4 reduction in wait time any day. That was with the Thunderbolt connector btw.

I really like that they include both the USB and the Thunderbolt connections, which makes it easy to use on many different computers. When you first set up the drive, it even allows you to create a partition to allow you to keep some space to use on Windows and some from Mac OSX.

Overall it was a great buy, I'd definitely recommend it, especially because for a solid state, the price is great.

Black Holes and Time Warps: Einstein's Outrageous Legacy (Commonwealth Fund Book Program)
by Kip S. Thorne
Price: $10.08
232 used & new from $0.87

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME BOOK, December 29, 2012
Awesome book! The topics are so much fun and the author presents really complex ideas in a way which is easy for the average Joe to understand

Elementary Differential Equations and Boundary Value Problems
Elementary Differential Equations and Boundary Value Problems

4.0 out of 5 stars Rough Class, but Decent Book, December 29, 2012
If you have to take this class, all I can say is I'm so sorry and best of luck. It's difficult because of all of the math jargon. I got an A in my class (which had a horrible professor) because I was able to decrypt the equations and processes in the book.

Best advice I can give is to check out the MIT Open Courseware for the areas where you are struggling. The online lectures are extremely helpful.

Hope this helps!

OtterBox COMMUTER SERIES Case for iPhone 5/5s/SE - Retail Packaging - BLACK
OtterBox COMMUTER SERIES Case for iPhone 5/5s/SE - Retail Packaging - BLACK
Price: $29.92
7 used & new from $26.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Case, Good Buy, December 29, 2012
I ordered my OtterBox after I bent the metal frame on my iPhone 5. I usually like to keep my phone out of a case, but I was afraid that the damage would get worse.

So I decided to go with the commuter series because it is a thinner case, but still offered a decent amount of protection.

This case serves both of these purposes very well. My phone has survived a few rough tumbles on the pavement when I get out of my car without any damage thanks to this case. I like that it is not extremely bulky, so it fits comfortably in my pocket. Since it is not completely rubber, it does not get stuck in my pocket when I try to take it out, which is a problem many experience with the tank-style otter box.

The only issue I've had is that the rubber has begun to fray from use in my pocket, but I have not seen this with the ones that my friends have. I'm pretty confident that this is an uncommon occurence and that OtterBox will replace it.

Hope this was helpful!

Samsung 830 - Series MZ-7PC256N/AM 256 GB 2.5 Inch SATA III MLC Internal SSD Laptop Kit with Norton Ghost 15
Offered by RBCELL LLC
Price: $319.97
4 used & new from $299.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Blazing Fast and reliable, December 20, 2012
I got this hard drive after my HDD failed on me. Easy to install and transfer files with the provided transfer tools. I was amazed at how quick this little bugger is. Restarting my computer is no longer a hassle, it is a breeze. Got an amazing deal on it from Amazon, which finally gave me an affordable SSD. I have sworn to never go back to hard disk drives after seeing how amazing this SSD is after my HDD failed. Can't go wrong with this purchase

Apple MacBook Pro MC975LL/A 15.4-Inch Laptop with Retina Display (OLD VERSION)
Apple MacBook Pro MC975LL/A 15.4-Inch Laptop with Retina Display (OLD VERSION)
Offered by Desire Base L.L.C.
59 used & new from $798.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive Review, December 20, 2012
The Macbook Pro Retina 15-inch has been one major purchase which I do not regret in the slightest. If you look past the initially high price-tag, the advanced features this laptop offers are definitely worth it.

Body:
- The laptop is slick, smooth and definitely catches the eye. It is amazingly thin and a decent bit lighter than the previous Macbook Pro. I often get asked if it is a Macbook air because it is so thin.
- Aluminum body beautifully formed and solid. I have a few minor dings after 6 months of owning it, but nothing unexpected with the heavy use and travel of a college student

Keyboard:
- Normal Mac laptop keyboard, love the spacing and backlighting

Hard Drive:
- Much of the retina's price comes from the Solid State Hard Drive, which was one of the biggest selling points for me, as my last Hard Disk Drive failed on my I swore never to go back.
- Extremely fast, my macbook boots in under 15 seconds and restarts and updates in no time

RAM:
- This thing is PACKED with RAM, so it runs smoothly and efficiently, even with plenty of applications running in background

CPU/GPU:
- The 2.3 Hz Quad Core is extremely fast, has handled everything I've thrown at it so far with ease
- Graphics are stunningly beautiful, both in games and in photo-editing, especially now that Photoshop has updated for retina

Battery Life:
- I regularly get at least 5 hours of use per charge at a medium screen brightness, lowering the brightness and keyboards allows it to easily last through the day without charging

Screen:
- It's everything they say it is.
- Out of the box, I recommend going one level up on the scaling, which will allow you to have two nice sized windows for easy multitasking

Touchpad:
- Nice and smooth, although mine is a little loose so it makes a clicking sound with a light touch occasionally
- Multitouch is very fluid and useful

OSX and Windows both run beautifully on this machine

Overall: If you have the money to spend on a reliable, top of the line machine, you cannot go wrong with the Macbook Pro Retina 15-inch