Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM
Profile for SSF > Reviews

Browse

SSF's Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

SSF RSS Feed

VSONIC VSD3 Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones
VSONIC VSD3 Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones
Offered by Micca Distributor
Price: $59.59
4 used & new from $54.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and sound, February 6, 2015
I own the GR06 and GR07 BE and have to say the VSD3 has become my go to IEM now. Sound, style, comfort, and value are all there in this package.

VSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbuds IEM new model
VSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbuds IEM new model

5.0 out of 5 stars Believe the Hype, May 20, 2013
I have had these for a few weeks now and I am loving them. They are comfortable and they sound great. Exceptionally pleased with my purchase.

AKG K450 Premium Foldable Headphone Navy
AKG K450 Premium Foldable Headphone Navy
Price: $57.99
14 used & new from $35.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, November 27, 2012
Picked these up because I wanted a comfortable compact pair of on ear headphones. I keep these stored with my tablet and use them when I commute and am at work.

Build:
It's mostly plastic, but it's quality. Nothing is fragile and I feel like they could last a long time.

Comfort:
These are very comfortable. I often wear them for a couple hours a day at work. The clamping force is noticeable, but the high quality padding does a commendable job. They are lightweight and the padding on the headband leaves no discomfort at all on the head.

Isolation:
They do a good job of blocking out external noises. I tend to only need to turn my Android phone up to %70 for most listening environments.

Leak:
I use these at work and on my daily commute using public buses and the subway. I've never had a complaint or an odd look from those around me.

Audio:
It's okay. The sound is more bass oriented and the amount of detail heard is average. I've had them for a month now and it was a bit jarring at first. After breaking them in I've developed a taste for the sound signature. Sound quality varies depending on the song. Some songs sound really good, but others get rather muddy and distorted when the track is busy. The Black Keys, House, and Electronica sound great on these. Tracks by Radiohead and The Flaming Lips are hit and miss.

Conclusion:
It's a good pair of headphones. The audio quality could be better.

Pioneer Head Band Closed Dynamic Stereo Headphones | SE-MJ751 (Japanese Import)
Pioneer Head Band Closed Dynamic Stereo Headphones | SE-MJ751 (Japanese Import)
Offered by nishiiwa japan
Price: $49.31
159 used & new from $41.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Style and Sound, July 18, 2012
The Pioneer se-mj751 have obviously taken a lot of styling notes from Beats. A sign of the times I guess. Pioneer has attempted to create a great audio experience with an urban package. Have they succeeded?

Pros:

Audio. These sound very good. It's not boomy and won't rattle your skull, it will just hit with a very clean solid bass. The bass adjustment dial works well and allows you to quickly adjust the bass. Nice feature. The highs are also very good. Maintains a nice sound no matter what's going on with the bass. The mids are good, not great. Could use a bit more clarity. Overall a very nice sound that can be easily adjusted to match many genres of music.

Style. Very sexy. If headphones can be sexy. I really prefer the Japanese straight Pioneer branding. I don't care for the "Steez" branding on the US version. The gloss finish is a nice touch. Fashion headphones for sure, but they keep the sound expertise of Pioneer.

Build. It's an all plastic headphone. It feels sturdy and the plastic makes no creaking noises (problem I had with a different set of headphones). The detachable cable is a nice feature to have. Can easily replace the cable if it breaks.

Cons:

Fit: These are snug. Good and bad there. It's not gonna slide on your head at all, but it will take a toll on your ears. After listening for an hour it can get uncomfortable. These need to be broken in before they get truly comfortable.

Cable: As I mentioned, the cable is detachable, so this isn't a deal breaker or not even something that can't be remedied, but I really would have like to have had in-line controls included with this.

Portability: They do not fold up. Not a deal breaker. These fit in my bag well enough. However, it would have been nice if they were more compact. Also would have liked it if they included a bag to store these in.

Summary:

I am very pleased with my purchase. The audio is good and it's full of style. If that's important to you give them a try.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2012 11:08 PM PDT

Pioneer Head Band Type Headphones | SE-MJ511 L Blue (Japanese Import)
Pioneer Head Band Type Headphones | SE-MJ511 L Blue (Japanese Import)
4 used & new from $36.71

3.0 out of 5 stars What I Expected, June 28, 2012
Picked these up in Asia. Had my eye out for an over-the-ear set of headphones that could fold up and fit in my bag. These fit the bill. I'm no audiophile but it sounds nice to me. Does a decent job of blocking ambient noise. My girlfriend assures me I don't look stupid wearing them. The plastic head band appears to be a little cheap and could be more comfortable. No major complaints.

ASUS Transformer Pad Mobile Dock TF300T (Blue)
ASUS Transformer Pad Mobile Dock TF300T (Blue)
Offered by Fat Owls
Price: $91.00
16 used & new from $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Put the Transformer into your Transformer Pad, May 3, 2012
It's a great accessory. It is something I will use often with my tablet. Keyboard is fairly comfortable considering the size. It takes a little adjustment to get use to. It's brilliant the way it will use the dock's battery to actually charge your tablet. Construction is solid. Alot of handy keys are accessible on the keyboard, like volume, wifi, etc. A full size USB and SD card reader is great to have. They got some unexpected drivers ready with the USB. I plugged in my wireless logitech gamepad (f710) and it worked perfectly. Plug and play with a lot of the newer games that support gamepads on Android. A few complaints though.

With the tablet and dock set up it makes it top heavy. Have to be weary of it falling backwards.
It works pretty well with Android, but it's not nearly as optimized as Windows for keyboard use. Makes some tasks cumbersome. Some apps just aren't going to be ideal for it. Also a little disappointed with the price. This is a bit of a downgrade from the previous keyboards from Asus. The battery is significantly weaker. The price should reflect that, but they are priced the same. Asus also missed a great opportunity to add a center speaker with the keyboard.

Overall I'm happy with the purchase. I would recommend it if you're a heavy user and want to use your tablet for things beyond consuming media.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 22, 2014 6:52 AM PST

ASUS Transformer TF300 T-B1-BL 10.1-Inch 32 GB Tablet (Blue)
ASUS Transformer TF300 T-B1-BL 10.1-Inch 32 GB Tablet (Blue)
Offered by Dream Deal
Price: $399.99
31 used & new from $89.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Tablet, May 1, 2012
The TF300 is my next adventure in tablet computing after owning and modding a Nook Color for the last year and a half. The TF300 is a huge upgrade. Tegra performs like a champ. Ice Cream Sandwich is much better than Gingerbread. It has been a real pleasure using the tablet. That's not to say it is perfect.

The speaker. The speaker. Ugh....the speaker. It sounds pretty good for a tablet. But the placement is horrendous. It rests directly under my right hand when I hold it in landscape, which is most of the time. I can live with it being mono, but the fact it is placed on the right side of the tablet makes it very bad. If they are set on doing a single speaker output it really should be centered for a couple reasons.

The screen, is good. Colors are fine, it's bright enough, the resolution is pretty good too. But the glass is very reflective. In bright rooms it bounces a great deal of rays. This forces me to keep the brightness higher than I like to counter some of the reflections. Even worse in sunlight. The auto brightness really should be set a bit higher to offset the reflections. I've failed to find a way to do that. Makes the auto brightness function useless during daytime.

Performance has been stellar. No crashes, apps run pretty stable. Just the occasional hiccup. Web surfing and flash has been responsive. Wifi works as it should.

I also picked up the keyboard dock. Great accessory. I'm using it to type this review and it's rather pleasant. Even tried my wireless logitech gamepad with the USB port on the dock (completely expecting it to fail) and it worked perfectly. Plug and play, awesome.

The build is pretty solid. Doesn't feel cheap despite the plastic. I can hear a slight creak on the right side of the tablet between the glass and the plastic. Very minor though.

Overall I'm very happy with this. Just little gripes. Highly recommend if you're looking for a wifi tablet.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 18, 2012 2:00 PM PDT

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Laptop I Have Ever Owned., June 29, 2007
Okay, admittedly, this it the only laptop I have ever owned.

Style-I'll just lay it out. This laptop is sexy. It has way more style than anything Toshiba, or Dell is offering. It's a little fingerprint prone is the only downside.

Features-Yeah, this one has it all. 2gigs ram, 200gig hdd, Lightscribe, built in webcam and mic, touchpad screen, and plenty more. This is the most versatile laptop I know of.

Performance- The AMD does a pretty good job. The dual cores handle multitasking very well. The video card is nothing to write home about, but is serves its purpose. Vista runs well with no bugs. Surprisingly enough I have it running World of Warcraft. I had to turn all the visual settings down, but the game has a decent framerate and is totally playable.

Function- This is where it loses some of it's shine. Battery life is on the low end. You can watch a two hour movie. Maybe get three hours of normal computing. It runs very quitely, but it does get hot. You'll never burn your leg on it, but you'll notice it. Touchpad is great if you take it for what it is. You are not going to get precision and it does take a bit of the screen quality away. I'm use to using a palm pilot and the touchscreen works very well when compared to that. The handwriting recognition is very good. Voice recognition works, but I haven't messed with it much.

Portability- It is very portable. The battery sticks out about an inch from the rear. The weight of the machine is very managable.

Conclusion- I am very happy with this purchase and have absolutely no buyers remorse. I plan to take this with me to Korea for a year and I feel confident in my purchase.