Profile for Movie Mania > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 608

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Movie Mania "DVD Collector" RSS Feed (Southern Calfornia)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
OXO Good Grips Toilet Brush & Canister Set
OXO Good Grips Toilet Brush & Canister Set
Price: $22.99

3.0 out of 5 stars The complete set, March 31, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I like the container that holds the brush but the brush itself does not work well.

When I clean the toilet I don't want to go over it multiple times to get it clean. This brush is hit and miss. I had to go over my bowl three times to get it completely clean. What I do like is that the container for the brush. It holds the brush nicely and looks good.

BPI Sports B4 The Once-Daily Fat Burner, 710mg 30-Count 710mg
BPI Sports B4 The Once-Daily Fat Burner, 710mg 30-Count 710mg
Price: $16.99
51 used & new from $16.99

3.0 out of 5 stars An ongoing review, March 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The first thing I always say is that this is how it reacts with my body. You may have different reactions. Also, this is to be used with a workout routine.

I received this on Saturday and started using it yesterday. Sometimes when I have used similar products I have had various adverse reactions. So far with two days usage, nothing has been noted. This pill is a thermogenic, so expect to sweat faster and it take longer for your body to cool down. Also make sure you drink extra water to replace what you are sweating out.

I have now been using it for a week. The main thing, which I stated before is that it is a thermogenic and so I sweat much more than I normally do when I work out. But as for burning fat...I have not seen any concrete results but its only a week.

Week 2: All week I have had acid stomach. I do not know if it is from this or something else. I have not noticed any weight loss yet.

Week 3: I hurt myself and I am taking this week off.

Vornado Duo Small Room Tower Air Circulator
Vornado Duo Small Room Tower Air Circulator
Price: $46.57
15 used & new from $22.37

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quiet, March 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I need airflow during the night, when I sleep but this is not quiet enough. If you have it on the lowest setting it is somewhat quiet but you do not get enough airflow. On the highest level, it is quite noisey.

The design is nice and compact and will fit into small areas.

The White Queen: Season 1
The White Queen: Season 1
DVD ~ Max Irons
Price: $14.99
23 used & new from $11.86

4.0 out of 5 stars History from the Woman's Point of View, March 18, 2014
This review is from: The White Queen: Season 1 (DVD)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Whether you know anything about the War of the Roses, most everyone is familiar with the major people involved. I know it mostly fom the Shakespeare plays. But like most plays of that period it was from the male point of view Henry V, Richard III etc.

This is the period of Edward IV through Richard III reigns but it is primarily told through the eyes of three women Elizabeth, Edward's Queen, Margaret, mother of Henry VII and Anne Neville, Richard's queen.

While based on fact, there has been some dramatic license taken, especially towards the last few chapters but it is still riviting and well acted.

The entire series runs just under 10 hours and there is about an hour of extras (but these are just promo spots that Starz ran and are very repetitive.)

It was good enought that I would like to see a sequel that takes Elizabeth's daughter, Elizabeth, through her marriage to Henry VII.

Monster Mobile PowerCard Portable Battery
Monster Mobile PowerCard Portable Battery
Price: Click here to see our price
5 used & new from $24.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Its Nothing More than it states, March 10, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a battery for your cell phone or other portible device. It's slim, easy to carry and comes with a cord. You can plug it in to your laptop to charge. When your phone runs low on juice, plug it in and it works as an auxilary battery. What it doesn't do is charge your phone. Therefore, when using it you must have it plugged into your phone and figure out what to do with it.

So as a backup battery, it is fine but I want something that will charge my phone when I am not using it. Instructions are non-existent. I figured out how to charge it by accident.

Jarrow Formulas Red Yeast Rice Plus Nattokinase Capsules, 60 Count
Jarrow Formulas Red Yeast Rice Plus Nattokinase Capsules, 60 Count
Price: $15.69
7 used & new from $14.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Been using for years to control my cholesterol, March 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had borderline high cholesterol but I use prescription drugs as a last resort. My doctor recommended that I try Red Yeast Rice and just with that supplement, my cholesterol weht down 20% from the prior year.

Like all supplements, this is what happened to me but results may be different for you.

Note: I only take 1200 mg a day.

Black and Decker Jr Electronic Tool, Jigsaw
Black and Decker Jr Electronic Tool, Jigsaw
Offered by redmonkeygifts
Price: $18.00
22 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy for the kids of do it yourselfers, March 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you are a do it yourselfer and your kid likes to be around you when you work, this is a great toy for him or her. It looks realistic and makes real sounds but is totally safe when used as a training toy.

You can also teach them proper storage and care. This does have a number of parts that can break off and a child could swallow, So this is not a toy to be used unsupervised.

R.I.P.P.E.D. Total Body Challenge
R.I.P.P.E.D. Total Body Challenge
DVD ~ R.I.P.P.E.D. Total Body Challenge
Price: $9.45
25 used & new from $5.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a long term solution, March 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I always tell people, your body is the original computer. It knows what it needs and compensates for what it is not getting. Conversely, when you are working out, if you do the same routine most days.your body gets used to it and there are diminishing returns. This video is one routine.

This might be good if you want to use it once a week instead of going to the gym.

Additionally, most of these workout programs are more reliant on you change of diet than you working out. I.e. by doing this workout does not mean you can have that doughnut.

LINE OF DUTY, SERIES 1
LINE OF DUTY, SERIES 1
DVD ~ Line of Duty
Price: $18.22
20 used & new from $13.06

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Great Cop Show that Gets Caught in its Own Devices, March 3, 2014
This review is from: LINE OF DUTY, SERIES 1 (DVD)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Line of Duty is a five part mini-series about a cop who is reassigned after he refused to tow the line on an accidental shooting.

Martin Compson plays Detective Sergeant Steve Arnott. DS Arnott is reassinged from the antiterrorist unit after he refuses to lie about what happened with a botched raid in which an innocent man is killed. He is sent to the anitcoruption unit where he is to investigate the cop of the year, DCI Tony Gates played by Lennie James. Gates squad has the best clearance stats of any group. But they get that by cherry picking high profile cases and cases that appear to be easily solved. Additionally, they charge the criminals with as many crimes as possible to make it look like more crimes were solved (known as Laddering). But this is really just the side story.

The meat of this mini-series is how a basically decent cop and family man gets caught up in a money launderng scam with the town's drug kingpin. While Gates is just an unknowing pawn in the scheme, it is interesting how quickly he slides into the muck to protect himself and his family.

If the show was just about this, it would be a fantastic show but it gets caught up in the precinct politics and often goes off on tangents that never mount up to much.

Overall, it is a good watch but not in the league of Prime Suspect.

Nivea for Men Sensitive Face Wash for Men, 5 Ounce
Nivea for Men Sensitive Face Wash for Men, 5 Ounce
Price: $4.79
15 used & new from $4.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Good start to a skin regimine, January 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Face washes are not necessary for most men, sorry but simple soap is quite adequate. But for those that do need something stronger, this is a good product. Most men are told to use a face scrub because this not only cleans your skin but also helps remove dead skin. But the way most men do this is through shaving. When you are removing the wiskers, the dead skin comes off with it.
So who should use face scrubs or washs, men whose skin is exposed to the elements alot. For those that do not, this is probably not a necessary step.
As a product this is very good. It cleanses the skin and has nutrients in it to replenish. It is easy to use and it washes off without leaving a residue.
Now I say this is a good start because you need to also get a good water based moisturizer with SPF protection.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20