Profile for Movie Mania > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 579

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Movie Mania "DVD Collector" RSS Feed (Southern Calfornia)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Pulse Dimmable LED Light with Wireless Bluetooth Speakers (Pair), Powered by JBL
Price: $169.99
5 used & new from $151.46

1.0 out of 5 stars Great concept but terrible execution., July 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great concept. With space being limited more and more, being able to put compact speakers in places that you normally would not is a great idea. The problem is that the execution is terrible for the following reasons:

1. These are not waterproof and you cannot use outside (many people would like to use something like this on their patio.)
2. This is bluetooth and not wifi. Therefore you have to have a bluetooth device to use them and for most people, that is their cell phone.
3. The light has a small illumination area. I put this in a fixture that illumininates the entire room but the light is focused directly down and only illuminated that area.
4. Once the light goes out, you will have to replace the unit.
5. I never got the Master unit to connect with my cell phone.

Based on this, I would look for other products to do the same.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 9, 2014 12:19 PM PDT

Colgate Optic White Platinum, Whiten and Protect, 3.4 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Colgate Optic White Platinum, Whiten and Protect, 3.4 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Price: $23.94
3 used & new from $18.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good toothpaste and is very travel friendly!, July 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have used this on and off for a few years. This works as well as Crest 3-D whitening. This iwll not whiten teeth with years of staining. But this is good for the everyday maintenance of your teeth. It is a very good product but not better than others out there.

What i really like about this is the size 96ml. This means if you travel alot, you can carry this on the plane. At 96ml it qualifies for carry on. Most of the other go from 60ml to 120ml. I know that this is a small point but if you can travel longer without having to run out and buy more toothpaste!

Mead 1-Inch Durable D-Ring View Binder, 4 Pack, Assorted Colors (W465-14APP)
Mead 1-Inch Durable D-Ring View Binder, 4 Pack, Assorted Colors (W465-14APP)
Price: $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Really great binder, June 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Mead makes a great product and the product is very well made. The D-Ring makes it easy to use for manuals or other items are going to be used a lot. Sometimes things are put in binders and then filed away. For these the standard O ring is fine. But when you are using the binder as a reference binder, the D-Ring makes it easy to loose. You loose a little capacity but the ease of use makes up for it. The 1 inch binder is perfect for manuals, small contracts like LLC agreements.
The blue stands out without it being too bright or overpowering.

Cool Downz Cooling Towel, Blue, 13 x 29-Inch
Cool Downz Cooling Towel, Blue, 13 x 29-Inch
Price: $5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for cool down only, June 30, 2014
This review is from: Cool Downz Cooling Towel (Sports)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I opened the package the towel was very warm as it had been in the car. But it cooled down right away. I was very impressed by this.
I have used this two times. The first was when I was outdoors and in the sun. The towel heated up from the sun and I did not feel any relief from the heat. The second was when I was walking to work after going to the gym (I tend to heat up afterwards). I really did not feel like it was cooling me down until I took it off and I started to sweat. I put it back on and it did work.
So for limited use it works (by the way the color is a neon teal blue/green.)

Quartet Wireless Remote and Laser Pointer, Class 2, Small Venue, Black (84502)
Quartet Wireless Remote and Laser Pointer, Class 2, Small Venue, Black (84502)
Price: $38.82
23 used & new from $38.49

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, June 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As a laser pointer it is fine. I could not get the remote feature to work but I need to try it on something else.

Banana Boat for Men Triple Defense SPF 30, 6 Ounce
Banana Boat for Men Triple Defense SPF 30, 6 Ounce
Price: $7.94
5 used & new from $2.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Good Banana Boat Product, June 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have used various Banana Boat products over the years and have found them all to be of high quality. This one is no different. The bottle is easy to hold and easy to apply. There is just a little scent (which is good because I have serious allergies.)

They keep makiing the same product with various marketing twists. This one is it is for men who sweat. Besides the SPF30 sun protection, this one has a deoderant and also a moisturizer. The deoderant is unnecessary but if you feel that this is the best way to get your SPF and have deoderant, I personally would use the SPF 50 version. SPF 30 is best for light exposure to the sun and if you are in the sun and sweating, I would go with a heavier SPF.

Overall, I would instead recommend, the Banana Boat Protect and Hydrate Sunscreen Lotion Spf 30, 6 Ounce. This one has the body lotion and the sunscreen. What most people do not understand is that sunscreen only protects you from the damaging rays of the sun but more long term damage is done by the general exposure to the elements and having skin lotion with the sunscreen will battle the second.

For a sunscreen, I would recommend the

Glaceau smartwater (6 Count, 16.9 Fl Oz Each)
Glaceau smartwater (6 Count, 16.9 Fl Oz Each)
Price: $4.62

3.0 out of 5 stars What's the purpose, June 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Bottle water is a growing industry and ever manufacturer is looking for an advantage. Smartwater is that it contains electrolites. So the question is this worth the extra money. For me no, I'll stick to Arrowhead water.
If it is, then lets look at the basics of the product.
The water has little taste which is good.
For purity, I always try the ice cube test. Frozen pure water will have little or no cloudiness and very pure ice might even shatter. Smartwater has just a little bit of cloudiness when frozen. My guess it that might be from the added electrolites but when removing the ice from the tray, all came out intact except one that had a crack. Therefore, I would give it a B for purity.
One further thing that I did was to ask people I saw with Smartwater bolltes and ask them why they drink Smartwater. The most common answer was that they liked the feel of the bottle and that the water inside was not Smartwater!!

Circulon Teakettles Circles Whistling Kettle, 1-1/2-Quart, Black
Circulon Teakettles Circles Whistling Kettle, 1-1/2-Quart, Black
Price: $19.20
11 used & new from $18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars High quality product but handle is awkward, June 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My pots and pans are by Circulon and I love them. So I was interested in this tea kettle. It is very well made and looks like it will be durabel. The only thing that I would change is the handle. Because of the circular / loop design, it can be hard to handle. But this is a minor issue and will be more of an issue with a full pot of water.

Gillette Fusion Proglide Manual Men's Razor With Flexball Handle Technology With 1 Razor Blade
Price: $7.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and gives a close shave., June 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I judge razors on a number of factors including ease of use, closeness of shave, lasting of shave and cost.
Ease of Use - This razor feels nice in my hand. It has a good weight and a good angle And most important it glides over the face with, so far, no nicks or cuts.
Closeness / lasting of shave - For me Monday is the best day to judge this. I do not shave over the weekend. And Monday is the best day to judge growth. And you would guess that I had shaved over the weekend based on the length of my stubble.
Cost - as the cost is not disclosed and the replacement blades is not listed. I cannot compare this to other good razors.

Tide Plus A Touch of Downy HE Liquid Laundry Detergent, April Fresh Scent, 92 Fl Oz
Price: $9.87

3.0 out of 5 stars All in one detergent, June 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Tide is one of the oldest and best laundry detergent and Downey is one of the oldest and best fabric softener.
First, I will say that the combined product is just as good as the individual components. (The question is usually the soap goes in first and then the softener goes in the final rinse, so how can it work together in the wash cycle? It does?)
The second question is do you need fabric softener in every load of laundry. For me I do not. But if you do in most or all, then this will be great for you.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20