Profile for J. Trine > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Trine RSS Feed (Little Rock, AR)

Top Gear (UK) Season 20
Top Gear (UK) Season 20
DVD
Price: $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great season, August 4, 2013
I love watching the clownheads three drive fast and play hard. If you didn't know already, the stig is Sir Elton John.

Suncloud Aviator Sunglasses Brown / Brown Polarized
Suncloud Aviator Sunglasses Brown / Brown Polarized
Offered by The Green Room
Price: $42.00
5 used & new from $37.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent optics are always an awesome surprise., July 4, 2013
I made a deal with myself. If I could keep my $8 drugstore sunglasses for 1 year without breaking/losing them, I could buy a decent pair of sunglasses. I decided to buy these and have been thrilled with the decision. The world is crisper and glare free. I have a big head and they fit great. Hoping I can keep these in good shape for the next few years.

General Pipe Cleaners R-25SM Spin Thru Drain Auger with 1/4-Inch by 25-Feet Cable
Price: $24.88
5 used & new from $16.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked perfectly, saved some $$$., May 16, 2013
The plumber wanted $90 to clean out my slow drain. I didn't want to spend $90 to fix my slow drain. I bought this pipe cleaner, carefully followed the instructions, and had my slow drain fixed in under 5 minutes.

I shall try to remember to update this review when I have to use this pipe cleaner again.

Nikon WU-1b Wireless Mobile Adapter for Nikon D600 Digital SLR
Nikon WU-1b Wireless Mobile Adapter for Nikon D600 Digital SLR
Price: $42.95
30 used & new from $20.00

2.0 out of 5 stars I suppose it works, November 16, 2012
Here is the feedback I just sent to Nikon:

"I am quite offended that you consider the WU-1b's and it's accompanying software to be a suitable addition to the D600. Why would you bring such a gutless piece of software to the attention of people who are obviously serious about photography? One decent software developer and a few months time does not seem like too much to ask for a product that you guys are actively promoting. I am surprised that a company that I have always thought had extremely high standards of product quality would let something like this go to market. Boo on you Nikon, Boo."

Yes, you can see the live view image and change focal points. The clock sync feature is pretty slick. Outside of those features, the whole process is sloppy and slow. The app (iOS) crashes frequently and doesn't allow you to make ANY changes to your camera settings while it is connected. The idea that this is a good companion to a $2,000 camera is a joke. Not a very funny one.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 8, 2014 1:26 PM PST

Logitech ClearChat Comfort/USB Headset H390 (Black)
Logitech ClearChat Comfort/USB Headset H390 (Black)
Price: $24.95
75 used & new from $13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars When my last one wore out, I bought another just like it., September 10, 2010
I spend at least 15 hours a week on Skype. These headphones make the experience extremely simple and even enjoyable. When talking to someone else that has nice headphones on, it is like we are in the same room together. When talking to someone via the phone service on Skype, it is a way clearer experience that with any telephone I have ever used.

The best feature is that they create a driverless separate (on windows and mac) audio device on your system. So computer sounds and call sounds are separate if you wish.

There is a little bit of a durability issue, but as a heavy user of these items, a new pair every two years doesn't seem bad at all. They would probably last forever if it weren't for the fact that the chord dangles from my desk and often gets wrapped up in the arm of my chair. I scoot my chair out and the headset falls on the floor. This seems more like an issue with my cable management skills that the build quality of these headphones.

In the name of full review/reviewer disclosure I am a huge fan of logitech. I have not experienced an ounce of buyer's remorse from any of the 20+ items I have purchased from them. Great gadgetry with a price/life span ratio that it above average in these days of disposable tech.

Adesso WKB-3000UB Wireless Mini Keyboard
Adesso WKB-3000UB Wireless Mini Keyboard

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for casual web browsing, not much else., August 10, 2007
I bought this keyboard to be used in my living room where my computer is hooked up to an LCD TV. First off, the keyboard is quite comfortable to use without a table. It feels like holding a video game controller. The compact design makes it ideal for placing on your lap to type and holding it while you are using the trackball. Speaking of the trackball, it is way too sensitive. In order to keep the pointer from speeding wildly around the screen you have to turn the mouse sensitivity down significantly. A task made more difficult due to the pointer speeding wildly around the screen. I also use this computer with a standard mouse, so every time I want to switch from one to the other, I have to tinker with the sensitiviy. The range is an outright fib. At a mere 20 feet it starts getting a little sketchy. In this gadgets defense, it isn't pointing directly towards the reciever and the signal has to go through my couch. I still have a very hard time believing 100 ft would ever work though. I will continue to use my new keyboard, but can not see using it for anything but casual web browsing or maybe typing letters. If that's what you need it for and your machine isn't too far away, buy it.