Profile for K. Morris > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K. Morris RSS Feed

Green Earth Frying Pan 3-Piece Set by Ozeri (8", 10", 12"), with Textured Ceramic Non-Stick Coating from Germany (100% PTFE and PFOA Free)
Price: $79.95
8 used & new from $67.63

1.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to like these, April 9, 2014
These are not very durable. They started to wear after only 3-4 weeks. Granted my kids stacked them, but I had All Clad non-stick pans for over 10 years before the coating started to wear.

Also, these need oil or food will stick.

Zebra F-402 Retractable Ballpoint Pen, 0.7mm, Black 2 Pack (29212)
Zebra F-402 Retractable Ballpoint Pen, 0.7mm, Black 2 Pack (29212)
Offered by INKNLEAD
Price: $7.89
21 used & new from $5.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Best everyday pen!, January 20, 2014
I also purchased the Zebra F-701, but find myself using the F-402 more often. THe 701 are higher quality pen and more of an executive style, so I keep that one in my laptop bag. However, I key the 402s on my desk and use them everyday.

3M 39008 Headlight Lens Restoration System
3M 39008 Headlight Lens Restoration System
Price: $17.60
44 used & new from $15.39

2.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not Great, May 10, 2010
I have to say I am very disappointed in this product. Although it does make the lens look better, it did not restore the lens back to a like new state. A few months back I purchased the Crystal View Headlight Restorer from the local Advanced Auto Parts to restore my wife's Honda Pilot lights back to new condition. I thought all these products used the same process, but liked the idea of 3M's drill attachment over hand sanding.

With the 3M product, it does take out the yellow color of the lens, but I was never able to achieve a nice clear, glossy refinish as I did with the other product. I think the difference is the 3M product just sands and polishes the lens, but the Crystal View product sands, polishes and refinishes the surface with a new layer of lens material. For this reason, I prefer it to the 3M product and I plan to redo my lens using the other product.

Digital Stream DSP7700P Digital TV Converter Box (Black)
Digital Stream DSP7700P Digital TV Converter Box (Black)
2 used & new from $33.27

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Picture, November 1, 2009
I purchased this box for my 13" TV in my closet. Since I only use the TV while getting dressed in the mornings, I didn't expect much, but found the picture quality to be excellent. My only issue is I can't get the remote to work with my Sansui TV.

HP W2207H 22-inch Widescreen LCD Monitor
HP W2207H 22-inch Widescreen LCD Monitor
Offered by BLINQ
Price: $214.99
8 used & new from $161.95

5.0 out of 5 stars What a nice monitor!, March 28, 2009
I needed a Media Center quality monitor with height adjustment. This monitor had good ratings and was listed at $179 on Amazon, so I couldn't pass it up. This turned out to be a hell of a deal! I decided to purchase a second one two weeks later, but the price went up $100.

The image and material quality of this monitor is excellent. I did have a problem getting the monitor out of sleep mode, but a driver update fixed it.

It even included a HDMI cable, so make certain you don't buy another one like I did.

Fanatic Digital Gold-Plated HDMI Cable with ferrite cores (2 meters/6 feet)
Fanatic Digital Gold-Plated HDMI Cable with ferrite cores (2 meters/6 feet)
Offered by Fanatic Digital
Price: $3.59
2 used & new from $3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Very High Quality, March 28, 2009
I purchased this cable not realizing my new monitor already included one. However, after I compared the quality of this cable to the HP cable, both the material and feel of the product seemed higher. So, I replaced the HP cable with this one. Works great!

Logitech Harmony 890 Advanced Universal Remote Control (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by IsaacTronics
Price: $326.00
12 used & new from $109.98

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Universal Remote on the Market, March 8, 2009
I needed a remote to control all my multimedia devices around my theater, but did not want to open the cabinet doors every time I used them. IR, infrared, is the key difference between this remote and the rest of Logitech, or most remote manufacturers, products. This remote comes with mini-IR sensors you stick on each of your devices and those wires connect to an IR receiver placed outside the cabinet doors. Works like a dream.

My Devices:
1. Sony CD TV
2. Scientific Atlanta HD DVR Cable Box
3. Sony DVD Carousel
4. Sony HD Surround Sound Receiver
5. Sony Stereo Receiver (Used to control outside speakers)
6. Sony PlayStation 2
(Yep, I like Sony Products)

Logitech has done a great job simplifying the setup of this remote with multiple devices. You simply install the software and connect the remote to a PC via a USB cable. Once connected, the wizard will walk you through setting up each of your devices. Once this is completed, the wizard will also want to update your device information to the IR receiver. This also connects to a PC using a USB cable. Basic setup is that easy.

For more advanced needs, you can group devices based on activities. This allows you to push one button that automatically sets all devices for that particular activity. For example, to play games on the PlayStation, I have an activity called "Game Console". When I push the button, the TV powers on and switches to game inputs, the PlayStation powers up, and the Surround Sound Receiver powers up which also changes to the PlayStation input mode. It's beautiful. I will say that because some of my devices have so many options, I need to go back and configure what options are available on each menu. Sometimes I need to scroll through 3-4 screens if I want to change a device option I rarely use.

You can also change the LCD color and theme of the device, but there are not many themes out there. It can also run a screen saver of personal photos, or your favorite movie images.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 15, 2009 7:50 PM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Everyday Watch, March 8, 2009
I'm tough on watches and constantly break the wristband pins or face crystal. These Casio driving watches are some of the toughest watches I've owned, and have purchased 2-3 similar models over the last 15-20 years. They are very durable and can take a beating. I'm not a diver, but the water resistance is a big plus with working in the garden or washing the cars.

I'm not a big fan of the digital clock that added on this model because I like a classic looking diving watch, but I use the date function and I've grown to like it.

If you're looking for a good looking watch that's also very durable, this is the watch.

MR. COFFEE� Steam Espresso/Cappuccino Maker - Grey
MR. COFFEE� Steam Espresso/Cappuccino Maker - Grey

2.0 out of 5 stars Makes good espresso, but very slow. Poor quality and customer service, March 8, 2009
About 5 months ago, I purchased this product for $30 after I read positive reviews. My first cup of espresso took about 4-5 mins, but I was impressed with the flavor. Once the cup has brewed, is takes another 2-3 mins to heat the froth the milk. Over time, the slow brewing/frothing process did start to get to me.

I haven't used is as much over the last 2 months because the plastic frothing aid broke. It seems the heat makes it brittle over time and it just crumbled. I contacted the manufacturer for replacement parts, but I still have not heard from them. Occasionally I get a craving, and still try to use the machine. Using the frothing aid without the plastic cap takes 2x times as long and makes this high pitched noise. This weekend was one of those times and unfortunately, one of my kids broke the glass-frothing cup, so I think I'll be purchasing a new espresso machine. I really do not want to give any more business to Mr. Coffee since they haven't contacted me about the last issue.

In general, it is an OK unit for the price; however, with no customer service and low quality, you might look elsewhere if you want a machine to last long.