Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for db > Reviews

Browse

db's Profile

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

db RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
iGotTech LG G4 Glass Screen Protector - Edge to Edge Tempered Glass Tech Shield - Military Grade TruClear Ballistic Glass Maintains 99.9% Clarity & Touchscreen Accuracy in These Cell Phone Screen Protectors
Offered by iGotTech
Price: $19.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this one. Now., October 23, 2015
I never liked screen protectors, because why buy a phone with a gorgeous, sleek screen just to slap a layer of wrinkly, uneven film on it? And that film would always scratch so easily...no thanks. Didn't want any part of it.

Then tempered glass protectors happened. What a difference. The right one (on the right phone) almost looks like nothing is there. I say "on the right phone" because certain phones (Samsung, iPhone) have rounded-edge screens, so the protector has to end well before the edge. That's one of the reasons I don't have any of those. :)

Over the last couple years I've experienced at least two dozen glass protectors from many different manufacturers. Some are obviously better than others. Some follow the contour of the phone shape perfectly while others could have been trimmed by a three year old. Some don't go out to the screen's edge, leaving a visible gap (which there is no reason for on a phone with a completely flat screen like LG's G series). Many have such low overall quality control that they often have defects in the glass & film layers, or get things stuck between them (all glass screen protectors are backed with a layer of film that holds them together in the event of a shatter).

Not this one.

It is so perfectly sized and shaped that you have to apply it very carefully or it will be hanging over an edge...but that's a good thing, because when you DO apply it perfectly, it all but disappears. The edges are rounded so nicely; it gives the impression of a film of water. This one doesn't have the giant cutout for the earpiece/sensors - it just has a slit, so there's glass all along the top edge of the phone. Seems like a small detail, but it makes a huge difference in the overall look. Yes, it does go over the 'selfie' camera, but it's so crystal clear I can't see that being an issue (and I don't do selfies, so it's a non-issue for me regardless).

When applying, I took all of the necessary precautions to make sure no dust crept between it and the phone (been there before...ugh). Cleaned the area, misted the room with water to bring down static & dust, used the included wipes and dust-removal sticker...the whole nine. The only issue I saw was a tiny spider-web type appearance in each of the four corners after applying it. I had to put a lot of pressure with my thumb on each of them, and they disappeared. They may have wetted out on their own overnight too...I'm just impatient.

As for the touch screen - very responsive. This is the third protector I've had on this phone (the first two being returned due to some of the aforementioned defects) and I can say with certainty that the screen is significantly more responsive with this iGotTech protector than the others. Finger movement over the screen is very smooth as well, and it does seem to resist fingerprints and smudges about as well as glass can (which is to say not completely, but well enough).

Long story short - I have a screen that doesn't look or feel protected, but definitely is. That's what a screen protector SHOULD do. Buy this one. Now.

iCarez [0.2MM Tempered Glass] Screen Protector for LG G4 Anti-Scratch Easy Install with Lifetime Replacement Warranty [1-Pack] - Retail Packaging
Offered by iCarez
Price: $39.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Quality is no longer there, October 21, 2015
I hate to do this because I've actually had a few tempered glass screen protectors for other devices made by iCarez and loved them...but not this time. I went through two of them before deciding to try someone else.

I've had enough experience with installing these that I have it down to a science. Clean the area. Mist the air to reduce static and dust. The whole nine. So imagine my surprise when I installed the first one and there was a stubborn air bubble, as if a piece of debris had somehow made its way under the glass. Except it wasn't debris. It was a defect in the protector. If you hold it to the light just right you can see a distinct dimple in the protector - a distortion. Not sure if it's part of the glass layer or part of the film that is sandwiched to the glass (this is what sticks it to your screen, and what prevents thousands of tiny pieces of glass from flying everywhere if it shatters). But it's there...it's part of the protector.

No worries...Amazon is awesome about returns, so I went through the process and patiently awaited my replacement. Which came yesterday. And had TWO defects. I could see them before I even put it on, but since I had taken off the first one, I went ahead with the install to protect my screen while I wait for the next one (not going with iCarez this time). Sure enough...two 'bubbles' where the distortions are.

So again, back to the Amazon app to initiate the return. Ordered one from a different manufacturer. Too bad iCarez seems to have gone downhill in the quality department.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 5, 2015 5:40 AM PST

Five Ten Men's Guide Tennie Leather Approach Shoe,Orangeade,10 M US
Five Ten Men's Guide Tennie Leather Approach Shoe,Orangeade,10 M US

4.0 out of 5 stars Great looking, comfy sneaker - careful on hard floors, September 21, 2015
Great, comfy, awesome-looking sneaker. Very lightweight - feels like I'm not wearing anything. Minimal arch support - inside is relatively flat across the shoe. I understand that these are purpose-built for great traction in various hiking conditions, but I bought them for casual wear. In that context, they do everything well except one thing - the outsole leaves black marks on floors very easily. I was on my hands and knees taking care of a few marks that I didn't immediately notice I left on my kitchen floor. This is the reason for deducting one star.

I would definitely buy again at the discounted price I paid ($50).

Galaxy Note 4 Case, Spigen® [Neo Hybrid Metal] ALUMINUM BUMPER [Gunmetal] Aluminum Frame TPU Slim Fit Dual Layer Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (2014)- Gunmetal (SGP11124)

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice, and probably protects well, but..., August 23, 2015
...when I installed the aluminum bumper I noticed that my signal (AT&T LTE) dropped from three bars to two. After taking it off and putting it back on a dozen times to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I downloaded a signal meter app and verified that the case caused a 7-10 dbm drop in my LTE signal. The tpu portion of the case is 'invisible' - only the aluminum bumper causes the drop.

I had ordered the same type of case by Verus and tried the same thing with it - same result. They are both going back.

Be warned - cases containing metal will lower your cell signal.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 23, 2015 7:36 AM PDT

Galaxy Note 4 Case, Verus [New Iron Shield][Titanium Silver] - [Aluminum Metal Frame][Drop Protection] For Samsung Note 4
Offered by VRS Design
Price: $29.99
12 used & new from $12.80

I had ordered the same type of case by Spigen and tried the same thing with it - same result. They are both going back.

Be warned - cases containing metal will lower your cell signal.

Strange Magic (Theatrical)
Strange Magic (Theatrical)
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, June 17, 2015
My kids loved it...and the music was great. Nice kids' movie.

LG G3 Case, Incipio [Shock Absorbing] DualPro Case for LG G3-Navy Blue/Gray
LG G3 Case, Incipio [Shock Absorbing] DualPro Case for LG G3-Navy Blue/Gray
Price: $18.00
8 used & new from $4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Case! Works well with tempered glass screen protectors., September 5, 2014
I hate having to use a case. Let's be honest...modern smartphones (especially the G3) are gorgeous, and covering them up is almost a sin. However, if I'm going to be out and about (soccer field, playground, traveling for work), I do concede and wrap it up for fear of dropping it.

I went through six cases before settling on this one, and I LOVE it. The fit and finish are first rate (as I have come to expect from Incipio), the color is very nice (a bit lighter than the pictures made it seem - a pleasant surprise), and the texture is very high end (smooth matte finish).

I was worried about how it would function with my tempered glass screen protector, as at least one other case pushed against the edge and lifted it. I asked users before buying and they all said it worked fine with theirs. I find the same thing. It actually wraps over the edge of my iCarez screen protector and doesn't try to lift it at all. Very nice fit.

Being a dual-material case, I fully expect it to protect the phone from any reasonable drop (though I hope I never have to find out). Also, I find the fit of the hard plastic over the rubber to be perfect. Some dual material cases like this are way too tight...I feel like I'm going to break something taking it off (one single-piece case actually took the back cover of the phone with it during removal...ridiculous). This one won't do that, but is still tight enough that it won't fall out. Since I like to remove the case and use the phone naked a lot, this was important.

All in all, a great case. Highly recommend.

Generic Battery Back Door Cover Replacement for Samsung Galaxy S III S3 i9300 - Pebble Blue
Offered by Device Doctor
Price: $6.49
9 used & new from $1.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Not even close - metal cover that reduced my reception, December 4, 2013
The cover I received from Able Provider wasn't even CLOSE to the original design. It had a white plastic lining with a bright blue (NOT Pebble Blue), REAL METAL overlay. The white plastic was exposed around the edge, appearing like a stripe all around the phone when installed, and framing the speaker, camera and flash. I verified that it actually reduced my reception by one bar when installed, as is typical with metal covers & cases. Thankfully Amazon's return policy is fantastic. Judging by other reviews, getting the right cover from these suppliers is a crapshoot. I'll look elsewhere.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Present Time Felt-It Black Over the Door Hangers, Set of 6
Present Time Felt-It Black Over the Door Hangers, Set of 6

2.0 out of 5 stars Too narrow for many doors, March 20, 2013
I ordered these to fit over various doors in our business, and for the majority of them, they are too narrow/shallow. It would be helpful if the applicable door thickness was listed in the description of the product; the thickest door this hook will comfortably & properly fit over is 1-3/8". Be sure to measure yours before purchasing.

Another way the description is lacking - these are covered in black felt. I know, it does say "felt-it" in the title, so they hinted, but nowhere does it clearly state that they are felt-covered. It merely says they are made of "nylon and ABS plastic". Not a huge problem...just something people should be aware of.

So if you want felt-covered hooks, and your door is 1-3/8" thick or thinner, these are for you. Had they fit, they would have served their purpose.

The two-star rating is simply because they will not fit many doors, and that spec should be included so as to avoid having to return the product. Thankfully, Amazon is fantastic about returns.

Pilot Dr. Grip Ballpoint Ink Refill, 2-Pack for Retractable Pens, Medium Point, Red Ink (77229)
Price: $1.99
19 used & new from $1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Does NOT fit Dr. Grip Center of Gravity, June 29, 2012
Maybe by the time you're reading this, the seller will have updated the description by removing the Dr. Grip Center of Gravity from the list of pens this refill is meant to fit. Either way, upon writing this review, it was still there. It does not fit. Not even close. Please see the picture I uploaded.
Comment Comment | Permalink