Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Janet Jackson All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage UnchartedBundle Shop Now Learn more
Profile for Platon Murenin > Reviews

Platon Murenin's Profile

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Platon Murenin "Platon!" RSS Feed (Edmond, OK)

Page: 1 | 2
Offered by Intertrust
Price: $16.83
24 used & new from $16.83

5.0 out of 5 stars 4pcs. WHEEL CENTER CAPS Camry Sienna Venza Avalon Corola Prius V & S Wagon 42603-12730, March 3, 2015
Perfect fit for 2014 Prius V Three. Looks great, much better than those plastic hubcaps. Shipping was fast as it is (or at least was) part of Amazon Prime.

August DTA102 Extendable Telescopic TV Antenna with 3- Segment Extendable Rod / Standard Coaxial Connector and Impedance-Signal Optimizer
Offered by Daffodil US
Price: $6.75

5.0 out of 5 stars August DTA102 Extendable Telescopic TV Antenna, January 7, 2013
I've noticed that one of the reviewers said that they have a big TV and it somewhat blocks the signal. I have a 32", so, I did not experience that problem. The antenna itself is super small, basically it's a pen length. It extends 2 times making it it like 3 pen lengths or so.

I had a regular rabbit ears antenna and it broke. I was looking and saw this one. At first I wasn't sure about it, to tell you the truth if it didn't have 4 reviews with either 4.5 or 5 stars overall, I probably wouldn't have looked at it at all.

I like that it's so small and there are no cables, it connects directly into the input. I got about 30 channels with the rabbit ear RCA antenna and 26 channels with this one. I live in OKC area. This antenna gets all the major channels, ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC. That's really all I need. On top of those it gets PBS for my kid and CW34, there are good shows there every now and then. Everything else I watch on a computer, but it's nice to have access to some TV channels as well.

Overall, I am very happy that it's so small with one less cable to hook up and it gets everything I need and then some.

Iron Maiden: En Vivo! [Blu-ray]
Iron Maiden: En Vivo! [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Iron Maiden
Price: $18.59
34 used & new from $13.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Iron Maiden: En Vivo! [Blu-ray] (2012), April 1, 2012
I am not going to spend too much time on the review of this Blu-ray, that has been done professionally and met with positive reaction (Metal Hammer 8/10, Kerrang! 4/5, Allmusic 3.5/5 and Classic Rock was the most critical with 6/10).

That being said, personally, I liked the split screens. Every now and then it gets a little too much, but it really helps overall, as picture doesn't change every second or two like previous releases and it flows more naturally. I also enjoyed the sound, I think it's a little better than Flight 666, the base stands out more and gives more depth to the concert. Obviously the quality of the video is superb. Someone said here that it was filmed with RED cameras (which are top of the line cameras that were basically used for every single movie in the past few years). I don't know if that's 100% true, but nevertheless, it is in HD. The only thing about video is that sometimes Bruce's face is a little overexposed, obviously due to spotlights being aimed at him, but it's not too distracting.

I saw them on this tour live and I was really looking forward to this release. I have seen their old stuff and although their 80s work is one of the most influential and highly acclaimed in the metal community, I really enjoy their new songs as well. What was very interesting is the documentary. It really gave an in-depth look into how everything is brought together. I probably liked it more than Flight 666 documentary.

They are the same band as they were before, because they play for themselves. Going back to Live After Death, Bruce was always jumping like there is no tomorrow and Steve would run across the stage. Nicko was always a funny man out of all of them always making faces. Adrian and Dave, for the most part, were always standing next to each other on the left side of the stage. The only addition was Janick, which, again, didn't change either from their early 90 releases.

I think the documentary really shows how they feel about what they do. They didn't fall apart years ago and blew their money off and then started reunion tours to get some quick cash. They've been around since 1975, and they are not going anywhere. They play more countries, bigger stadiums and their albums are hit after hit. Just look at their albums in the past 10 years, it's been steadily moving up in charts with their last release reaching nearly No.1 spot all over the globe.

Honestech VHS to DVD 5.0 Deluxe
Honestech VHS to DVD 5.0 Deluxe
Offered by MR Promotions
Price: $69.99
14 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Honestech VHS to DVD 5.0 Deluxe, January 12, 2012
For what this is suppose to be and for what its advertised, it is a 5-star product. You install the software and when you open it it asks you for the serial number. It comes with everything needed, such as VidBox and cables. You plug in Audio/Video cables from your VCR into the VidBox and then you plug in your VidBox into your computer via USB port.

It is very simple to use and works as advertised. I've noticed that some people say that audio is out of sync when you start to play the tape, and as you progress through the tape, it gets out of sync even more. This is true for when you're playing or capturing the tape. But when you playback your recorded video, everything is normal.

Obviously it transfers tapes, so, don't expect DVD quality. It will be the same VHS quality whether you have it as a digital file or whether you burn it on a DVD or even a blu-ray disc. Of course you can run it through let's say Final Cut Pro and Color to give it a better look, but nevertheless, there is only so much you can do.

Like I said at the beginning, it is a good product for what its advertised, but I do wish that instead of including crapware with it, which obviously limits you to a Windows-based computer, they would just change their hook-ups from USB to FireWire, since USB input is not recognized by any video software. If it was build with a FireWire connector, you would have been able to capture it on any system and into any software, from Windows Movie Maker on Windows to Final Cut Pro on a Mac. But unfortunately it is limited to a USB connector, so, the included Windows software is the only way to transfer video.

What I did is just captured it into .MOV files and finished the rest on Final Cut Pro. It is a good product all around, especially if you don't have access to any other video editing software, you can just use included software for the whole thing.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2012 6:02 AM PDT

Apple iMac MC309LL/A 21.5-Inch Desktop (OLD VERSION)
Apple iMac MC309LL/A 21.5-Inch Desktop (OLD VERSION)
20 used & new from $443.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple iMac MC309LL/A 21.5-Inch Desktop, May 25, 2011
I first bought an iMac in 2006. It was the same first model out of four. Not only it lasted me until now, but since I bought this one few days ago, I gave my old one to my wife's sister. I'm sure it will keep going and going for years.

Right now, it is better than ever to buy a new iMac. I remember when I bought mine, the whole line-up was good. But then they gave lower-priced iMacs much worse specs than higher-priced ones, especially in terms of video cards. So, if you wanted something good all around, you had to spend more money and buy third or even fourth one in iMac's line-up. Not anymore. Every single one has the same RAM, all of them have descrete video cards, and even Quad-Core processors. Not only that, but they are the newest i5 Quad-Core processors, Intel Sandybridge. Even if you take a look at various tests done by different websites, they will tell you that there is not that big of a difference between iMac line-up nowadays. It'll be about 10% or so in speed increase between this iMac and top of the line one. Also, this iMac is faster than top of the line iMac from previous generation, so yeah, it's that good!

Like everyone are saying, don't look at the numbers. That's the game PC plays, and people believe them. Read comparison reviews between iMacs and PCs and you'll see that in most tests iMacs go head to head with PCs that have twice the RAM and twice the video card and even higher clocked processors. In some tests, iMac still come ahead.

Besides nice specs, iMac has a really good screen. Yes, it is 21.5-inch, but is is beautiful. People might say that you can buy all-in-one from Dell with 23-inch screen. Again, those are numbers, and also, Dell's specs are a joke. iMac has a high quality screen, extremely accurate colors, which is perfect for anything, especially photography and editing, specifically color-correction. And just to show you where those two companies stand, Apple went for higher resolution on their 21.5-inch display, because they're about quality. Dell on the other hand, chose to have the same resolution on a 23-inch display, because for them it's more important to say that their display is bigger, rather than talk about quality. Same with HP, just recently they chose USB 3.0 over Thunderbolt. It just shows how low quality they are to choose already outdated technology for their machines. Yeah, we all might have to wait for a month or two for Thunderbolt accessories to become available, but it's a fair price to pay for the fastest of the fast.

iMac itself is a piece of art. There are no rough edges from all the cheap plastic, it's just two pieces, aluminum enclosure and a piece of glass on the front. All ports are nice and neat and it does come with a wireless keyboard and a wireless mouse. Both are very comfortable.

As usual it comes with iLife, so it is ready for photos with iPhoto, movies with iMovie, creating music with GarageBand, creating DVDs with iDVD and creating websites with iWeb. Also, sometime during this Summer, new Operating System is coming out, but it will be a cheap upgrade for those who want it, it's not like buying Windows and choosing between 10 different options, all at the premium price. With Mac, you get just one OS, which has everything. Also, for all of you out there who like to edit, Final Cut Pro X is coming out this Summer as well, in June, unless if they'll move it to a later date. It will go down in price from $999 to just $299. So, it'll be an excellent editing machine.

I also have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, via BootCamp, to play games. In Windows everything is noticeably slower. Not only that, but as usual, Mac came with everything out of the box, I can zip/unzip files, view PDFs and so on. Windows doesn't have any of that. I would have to download all of those programs to be able to fully use my computer. Game-wise, I think it's pretty good. I play Mafia II on all high settings and it runs just fine. Let me remind you that although Mafia II is not the latest game ever, but it does recommend Intel Quad-Core 2.5Ghz, 3GB or more for RAM, and most importantly, 1GB for a video card. Like I said I have all setting on high with 1920x1080 resolution. The only setting that makes it somewhat slow is when I turn on anti-aliasing. On one of the levels it was a little slow, so I put Shadow Quality on medium and it was fine. After completing the level I turned it on high again.

**ALSO, for all of you GAMERS out there, I found a pretty cool website that shows how well different video cards can handle games. It's not necessarily Mac related, just video cards in general. Amazon doesn't let you to post links to websites, so, I just put it in the first comment. Just to give you an idea, the site says that Crysis 2 plays good on High settings, Call of Duty: Black Ops plays good even on Ultra settings, Metro 2033 plays good on Medium settings. You can check out the rest**

Overall, this is the best all-in-one you can find and one of the best Desktops a money can buy.

If you don't like Apple or still think it is overpriced, do that. Find a Desktop/All-in-one with Sandybridge Quad-Core processor and around 6GB to 8GB of RAM and 512MB to 1GB video card. Add a nice screen to it, full HD, no less than 1920x1080. Add wireless keyboard and a wireless mouse. Don't forget bluetooth and Wi-fi connectivity. Make sure it has Windows 7 Professional for all of the features, or maybe even Ultimate. Also, make sure all 5 of iLife-equivallent programs are present. And see the price for yourself. I am not even going to bring up the ease of set-up and that iMac is only one piece of aluminum and one piece of glass. Because no PC will match it. You have to settle for million pieces of plastic holding your computer together.
Comment Comments (13) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 19, 2012 6:10 AM PDT

The Final Frontier (Mission Edition)
The Final Frontier (Mission Edition)
Offered by RetroResale
Price: $21.98
33 used & new from $5.61

2.0 out of 5 stars The Final Frontier (Mission Edition), August 18, 2010
This review is not about the album itself (I thought it was very good), but about the actual product. Most of music newspapers, magazines, sites, and so on reviewed the album already (with positive result), so, no point of rewriting them.

Before I start, the rumors have it that it might be the band's last album, so I expected an extra treatment. The metal case with a little window is pretty neat. Upon opening it, I expected 2 CDs, the album and the bonus DVD, like A Matter of Life and Death for example. There was only one CD. I thought that maybe it's all there then. No, just the album. For bonus you go to their site, it verifies that you have this CD inserted and then gives you access to perhaps the crapiest bonus material I have ever seen.

Final Frontier (The Director's Cut) has been available through YouTube for some time now, in better quality.
Final Frontier Mission Debrief has even worst quality than the first video.
Pictures, barely any, and they are not that good either, especially at such low resolution.
Game, something I don't care about.
Wallpaper. Really wanted that, to find a good wallpaper with the actual band is literally impossible. There are none. Absolute crap. Most of it is just snapshots from the video. There are few wallpapers that stand out from photography perspective, but none with the band itself.

The only reason to buy this edition over regular one is the reason such as 'why not? It's just $2 more'. Don't buy it expecting an actual Deluxe Edition, besides the metal case, which is pretty cool I admit, this version has nothing else to offer.

Also, I am sure that in a few months they will wrap up that bonus website leaving us with no bonus at all.
Comment Comments (16) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 31, 2011 6:52 AM PDT

Samsung USB 2.0 8xDVD Writer External Optical Drive for Mac and PC SE-S084C/RSBN (Gloss Black)
Offered by HML Ent
7 used & new from $88.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung USB 2.0 8x DVD Writer External Optical Drive for Mac and PC SE-S084C/RSBN (Gloss Black), July 16, 2010

I don't know how it cannot work for some people who are using Macs. It's not a cellphone, where your position and reception might affect the rating of a product. It's a DVD burner, it either works or doesn't. AND IT DOES! Some people might just not follow instructions, such as connecting it to two USB ports, and then complain that it doesn't work.

What works?
17" iMac with Snow Leopard 10.6.4 - Erase and write CD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD-R (write only, obviously) and played a DVD. EVERYTHING WENT PERFECT.
Macbook with Leopard 10.5.8 - Erase and write CD-RW, DVD+RW, and played a DVD. I tried using only one cable this time. I didn't have any problems with a CD, but DVD, even though burned, could not be verified. This problem was avoided when using both USB ports.

How does it work?
When you plug it in, it shows in your Disk Utility, just like your native Optical Drive. I erased all of my disks with Disk Utility, when it erases the disk, it automatically ejects, again, same as your native Optical Drive. I burned music CD using iTunes, data DVD just by dragging items to the DVD and burning it and playable DVD using iDVD.

What do I need to install?
Like I said, if you have a Mac, nothing. Plug it in and it's ready to go. You have everything you need to burn whatever disk you want. If you have a PC, I don't know if you need to install any drivers or anything, but besides that, you don't need any SPECIAL SOFTWARE. Whatever already comes with Windows is enough to burn disks. If you have your own programs, they will work just fine. NEVER INSTALL any of the crap that comes on electronics such as hard-drives, dvd-burners, etc.

It's is very INEXPENSIVE, only 47.85 and very slim. It does feel plasticy, but like I said, for that price, what else can you expect?

Also, I was unable to install Windows XP Pro via bootcamp. Looks like you need either native internal drive or powered external drive for that. That was the only downside.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 21, 2010 10:03 PM PDT

Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Skynet Edition) [Blu-ray]
Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Skynet Edition) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger
Offered by Ultra Marine
Price: $12.57
69 used & new from $0.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Skynet Edition) [Blu-ray], January 6, 2010
Well, the movie itself is spectacular. Effects, acting, directing, all are top notch. So, let's look at the Blu-ray itself.

The Sony Blu-ray player that I watched the movie on is not connected to the internet (or, if it matters, never has been connected). So, after I put the disc in, it took a minute or so before it told me that there is no internet connection. From the choices such as 'retry' or 'cancel' I pressed cancel. It took maybe about 5 minutes or so to load the disc. Not a problem, I was there to enjoy the movie and not to accomplish a timed race. After it loaded, all of the menus were fine. It was easy to navigate, no problems whatsoever.

There are 3 versions of the movie on the disc. Original theatrical, extended (with, if I remember correctly, extra 15 minutes or so) and the last one is Director's cut, I guess, which, on top of the extended version adds extra 5 minutes or so. That's the one that I chose. Like many wrote here, the CODE IS 82997. The movie played perfectly fine.

Quality was absolutely excellent, both audio and video. Amazing restoration! If you are thinking about the DVD, here is the link to a much more specific video/audio/bonus material review - highdefdigest[dot]com and search for this movie.

There are plenty of bonus material as well, for none of which you need an internet connection. Bonus material includes:
*Audio Commentaries
*Deleted Scenes
*Theatrical Trailers
Also there are 8! interactive modes, which are played within the movie itself, so, I guess if you want to see/hear all of them you would have to watch movie 8 times. Modes include picture-in-picture storyboards, scripts, trivia, and how its made type of things. Fun to watch. If you really think about it, it's not like you're re-watching the movie over and over again, because each time you are focused mostly on the interactive mode of your choice, instead of the movie. Also, you can skip from one to the next, so you don't have to watch the movie again and again, if you don't want to.

For more info about the DVD, such as audio/video quality, special features explanation and more, go to highdefdigest[dot]com

Like I said, movies itself (any of the 3 versions), bonus material, and interactive modes DO NOT REQUIRE an internet connection. Also, don't let few minute wait at the beginning to discourage you. Make sure, however, that your Blu-ray player is a Profile 2.0, either by just connecting it to download an update, or doing it from disk, manually.

Offered by EA Electronics
Price: $229.95
583 used & new from $22.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Nintendo Wii, September 25, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Wii (Video Game)
My whole life I was and still am a fan of computer games. For that reason all consoles are pretty uncomfortable for me as I am not used to controllers at all. I got Wii as a present couple of moths ago and absolutely loved it. First of all it has a great price, second of all it has the most innovation on market. I absolutely love the controls and the ease of play. I do not have many games, but it's a lot of fun. My favorite game so far is Resident Evil 4. I love how you can customize your characters and free internet browser is very neat as well. Wireless internet connection is very helpful, no need for any kind of extra adapters. Nintendo really takes care of their stuff, it is not overpriced and you don't have to buy whole bunch of other things in order to experience the Console, unlike Sony and Microsoft. Graphics, of course is not as good as Xbox 360 or PS3, but I rather take the game experience and innovation over graphics. Newer games have very good graphics anyway. I strongly recommend Wii for anyone who loves gaming experience!

Mac OS X version 10.6.3 Snow Leopard (Mac computer with an Intel processor required)
Offered by Macintosh Computer Services
Price: $33.98
43 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Mac OS X version 10.6 Snow Leopard, September 12, 2009
By now most of the people should have a pretty good idea about this operating system, I will not repeat what people before me said, but just say what I think about Snow Leopard.

DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED by somewhat lower rating of this OS. Some people are plain stupid and review everything here but the OS itself. The BIGGEST reason for 1-star reviews is shipping, which is not even Amazon's fault but the US Post Service. So, basically those people write review for a government office. I, myself, knew that the shipping from Amazon will be much slower than directly from Apple, especially since I chose Free shipping. Snow Leopard arrived on September 11th.

I have a late 2006 17" iMac (2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, 128MB Radeon X1600 Graphic Card). When I first bought it, it came with Tiger, after that I upgraded to Leopard and just now to Snow Leopard. As you can see my system is fairly old, but the new OS runs very well. Here are my thoughts on it:
(+)Install took about an hour, not as fast as I thought but better than Leopard.
(+)Even though Apple says that this OS is an update that requires Leopard, news websites said that Snow Leopard is a full OS that does not require Leopard. That said, if it is true, clean-reinstall was not an option for me when I installed it. From that I am assuming that if you have Leopard it will install as an update, but if you have previous OS or no OS at all it will install as a full OS.
(+)I really like Quicktime. First of all it looks much better, which is not really important. But the thing that really surprised me is the ability to Record Movie (using built-in camera or other)/Sound/Screen. Especially the last one, I think that Record Screen is major feature for Quicktime.
(+)Apple changed default, not sure what its called properly, colors, meaning the colors are more vibrant and deep. I noticed that right away as it looks much better.
(+)Even though some people say they did not see any improvement in time it takes to start-up/shut down, I definitely noticed those. It takes less time.
(-)The most annoying thing is how they measure size. So be prepared to see different size for your stuff, for example I have about 59-60GB of music, but Snow Leopard shows it as about 64GB, same with my external hard drive, it shows 60GB instead of about 55GB. I really hope they fix it.
(0)64-bit architecture is somewhat useless to me, because with my computer specs it will only make it slower, but if I had more RAM it would definitely be very helpful.
(+)Few of the new wallpapers are really neat and definitely add a positive look to the OS, also minor visual improvements also make it look better.

I think that's about it. I really like Snow Leopard and it definitely was well spent money. All of my printers and programs work just fine and I did not experience any problems whatsoever, given that it's only been couple of days.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 20, 2009 9:51 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2